Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1232924 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:24am On Jan 31, 2019
Kingrapha:

There's no such thing as more important films..... let them take their time. I for one, do not want an MoS2 as for now! maybe sometime in the future... lets explore the plethora of DC's amazing characters...

That's how we had years of supes and Batman movies only getting a wonder woman movie in 2017. but yet people complained her sequel was green lit before mos2, when we have upward of 6 Superman movies.
why were films then slated with release dates? Look, am n0t asking for a M0s 2 or Bats film. I d0n't want them n0w, but what about a Flash, a GL film, a cyborg film that were slated for release? How c0me a film like birds of prey is n0w c0ming ahead of those films?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 9:33am On Jan 31, 2019
BlackManta:
When Sony released into the spiderverse they thought they are the only ones that can do a comic book superhero animated film.

Into the Spiderverse was great but it has kick started a new competition.

WB are developing a Batman Beyond animated movie.
This is not low budget, straight to DVD release.
It will be 3D animated movie and it will be released for the big screen.

It will be like Into the Spiderverse.
In fact it is a response to Into the Spiderverse.

Count me in...!!!
Finally, finally....finally.
I am happy.
I've always wanted to see Terry Mcginnis on the big screen. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
At least they can use this as a test run and build up to the real movie.
Minemrys, Philfearon, Eyedea, Thekingishere, Xavier5, Tonyspike, LH19, Blackmanta, iuwe, kingrapha cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Mjbolt, Shittaakeem, Hulk616, XXsabrinax, vic2ree undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Y'all rejoice with me.
Currently dancing skelewu.
WB don't mess this up angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 9:42am On Jan 31, 2019
Minemrys:

why were films then slated with release dates? Look, am n0t asking for a M0s 2 or Bats film. I d0n't want them n0w, but what about a Flash, a GL film, a cyborg film that were slated for release? How c0me a film like birds of prey is n0w c0ming ahead of those films?
Personally, I think WB are in some sort of quagmire.But believe me, after WW84, things will start to look up.
I'm sure they are using this year and the next to plan ahead.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 9:59am On Jan 31, 2019
Minemrys:

I don't know why some of you guys want these movies now when they already have them on TV series.

There is a flash TV series currently running and cyborg will feature in the proposed doom patrol TV series which will be coming out soon.

I believe once these TV series are done, then they can roll out these stand alone films.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:00am On Jan 31, 2019
Raalsalghul:

I am happy.
I've always wanted to see Terry Mcginnis on the big screen. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Minemrys, Philfearon, Eyedea, Thekingishere, Xavier5, Tonyspike, LH19, Blackmanta, iuwe, kingrapha cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Mjbolt, Shittaakeem, Hulk616, XXsabrinax, vic2ree undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Y'all rejoice with me.

This animation will be dope and badass
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 10:02am On Jan 31, 2019
Raalsalghul:

I am happy.
Y'all rejoice with me.

They have to get a Good director and good writers...

since Phil Lord and Chris Miller already work with WB. they'll be the ideal choice to pen the script, they don't really have anything going on right now.

for the director I'll would have loved Chris McKay but he has his hands filled with Dungeons and dragons. and Reborn.

So my first choice will be
1. Travis Knight
Assuming Marvel doesn't lock him down for Guardians 3, he would be the ideal choice.
dude already has a background in animation and Bumblebee was awesome.

2. Leigh Whannel
Dude has been a pal of James wan for long while. since the days of Saw!.. and his theatrical debut was amazing.. I download upgrade recently it didn't disappoint and it was a low budget indie-esque movie.

3. Michael Gracey
You may know his from the greatest showman. the movie is not a masterpiece or anything but I like the spectacle of the movie. I've seen it couple of times with friends and everyone I saw it with was amazed by the spectacle and art style, it's really well directed. He's currently signed on for a live action Naruto movie. but we all know that ain't happening.

4. Ben Affleck
Since it's pretty much confirmed now that Ben is out as Batman.. WB really let him down and I feel bad for the dude he was actually a great Batman. This project could be a kind of compensation for his troubles. plus Affleck is a really good director and screen writer (Oscar winning). live by night was a let down, but Argo and Gone baby gone we're spectacular!. he can also voice older Batman!

5. Rob Letterman
Detective Pikachu looks amazing, and I hate Pokemon but the movie interests me, this dude also has a background in animation with monsters vs aliens and Shrek.. So what the Hell if Detective Pikachu is good why not?.

Well WB better fast track this movie for a 2020 release because I'm so hyped right now Batman Beyond!!!! Hype!!!!

I just love Terry as Batman!!!!

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 10:11am On Jan 31, 2019
Minemrys:

I still remember the shït-show that was the 2011 Green Lantern movie...so give it time Geoff is currently working on the script and rumours are that Zac effron may star. so it's definitely in development, no need rushing movies right now, first one was shït, they should take their time
The flash was delayed because of fantastic beats 3 we all know it's in production, it has directors and the script is undergoing a rewrite.
Cyborg and Ray Fisher can't carry a solo movie. I don't even want one, he's not a strong character, he can't even carry a solo comic series. Name 2 cyborg villains apart from grid?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Shittaakeem(m): 10:22am On Jan 31, 2019
Kingrapha:

since Phil Lord and Chris Miller already work with WB. they'll be the ideal choice to pen the script, they don't really have anything going on right now.

for the director I'll would have loved Chris McKay but he has his hands filled with Dungeons and dragons. and Reborn.

1. Travis Knight
Assuming Marvel doesn't lock him down for Guardians 3, he would be the ideal choice.

2. Leigh Whannel
Dude has been a pal of James wan for long while. since the days of Saw!.. and his theatrical debut was amazing.. I download upgrade recently it didn't disappoint and it was a low budget indie-esque movie.

3. Michael Gracey
You may know his from the greatest showman. the movie is not a masterpiece or anything but I like the spectacle of the movie. I've seen it couple of times with friends and everyone I saw it with was amazed by the spectacle and art style, it's really well directed. He's currently signed on for a live action Naruto movie. but we all know that ain't happening.

4. Ben Affleck
Since it's pretty much confirmed now that Ben is out as Batman.. WB really let him down and I feel bad for the dude he was actually a great Batman. This project could be a kind of compensation for his troubles. plus Affleck is a really good director and screen writer (Oscar winning). live by night was a let down, but Argo and Gone baby gone we're spectacular!. he can also voice older Batman!

5. Rob Letterman
Detective Pikachu looks amazing, and I hate Pokemon but the movie interests me, this dude also has a background in animation with monsters vs aliens and Shrek.. So what the Hell if Detective Pikachu is good why not?.

Well WB better fast track this movie for a 2020 release because I'm so hyped right now Batman Beyond!!!! Hype!!!!

Sorry but those two are busy with spider verse 2
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 10:23am On Jan 31, 2019
Kingrapha:

1. Travis Knight

2. Leigh Whannel

3. Michael Gracey

4. Ben Affleck

5. Rob Letterman

Warner letting Affleck is my biggest disappointment in them. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 10:27am On Jan 31, 2019
Shittaakeem:

Sorry but those two are busy with spider verse 2

yeah but while working on the intial spiderverse they served as writers for the Lego movie 2.... I didn't say they should direct.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:29am On Jan 31, 2019
Kingrapha:

1. Travis Knight

2. Leigh Whannel

3. Michael Gracey

4. Ben Affleck

5. Rob Letterman

WB let Affleck down?

Ben Affleck let himself and all of us down.

He has serious alcohol issues and in need of constant rehabilitation
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 10:30am On Jan 31, 2019
Raalsalghul:
Warner letting Affleck is my biggest disappointment in them. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Ben was really in a bad place.. with the divorce, rehab, his weight gain, the cost to insure him. it was inevitable!

Not anyone's fault.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 10:31am On Jan 31, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

WB let Affleck down?
True
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 10:31am On Jan 31, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

WB let Affleck down?
True
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 10:46am On Jan 31, 2019
BlackManta:
When Sony released into the spiderverse they thought they are the only ones that can do a comic book superhero animated film.

Into the Spiderverse was great but it has kick started a new competition.

WB are developing a Batman Beyond animated movie.
This is not low budget, straight to DVD release.
It will be 3D animated movie and it will be released for the big screen.

It will be like Into the Spiderverse.
In fact it is a response to Into the Spiderverse.

Count me in...!!!
what a weak response.
I like that statement "Into the Spiderverse was great"

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 10:47am On Jan 31, 2019
Ben Affleck will not be part of Matt Reeves "The Batman " movie because the movie will feature a younger Bruce Wayne .

Ben can't play a younger Bruce Wayne, can he

So Ben not featuring in the movie is pretty logical.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 10:58am On Jan 31, 2019
Ben Affleck's reaction...

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 11:05am On Jan 31, 2019
Raalsalghul:

I am happy.
Y'all rejoice with me.
Hahahahahaha..
No surprise there... Best to start the testing ground with your best money making character!!!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 12:33pm On Jan 31, 2019
Raalsalghul:

I am happy.
Y'all rejoice with me.
good for them.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 12:35pm On Jan 31, 2019
BlackManta:
Ben Affleck's reaction...
it says n0thing abt him been done or out. Him saying that on twitter, proves he is still involved.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 1:27pm On Jan 31, 2019
Minemrys:

it says n0thing abt him been done or out. Him saying that on twitter, proves he is still involved.

I believe he is just temporarily out cuz Matt Reeves will cast a younger actor to play Batman.
He still has 2 movies on his contract.

If Batman gets a sequel set after JL (no need for younger Batman) Ben will return.
Or maybe in future JL films.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 2:13pm On Jan 31, 2019
Minemrys:

Exactly my thoughts.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 2:15pm On Jan 31, 2019
BlackManta:
Ben Affleck will not be part of Matt Reeves "The Batman " movie because the movie will feature a younger Bruce Wayne .

Ben can't play a younger Bruce Wayne, can he

So Ben not featuring in the movie is pretty logical.
I feel there is so much pressure on this film hence WB keeps postponing.
Most fans kind of want this film to be another Nolan's dark knight which is not possible. To me so far the story is tight and action scenes are on point , then I'm down. Everything mustn't be Nolan's style.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 31, 2019
Raalsalghul:
I feel there is so much pressure on this film hence WB keeps postponing.
Most fans kind of want this film to be another Nolan's dark knight which is not possible. To me so far the story is tight and action scenes are on point , then I'm down. Everything mustn't be Nolan's style.
Right on spot. This Batman movie should be anything but Nolan's dark Knight to avoid unnecessary comparison. Though the movie will focus on the detective aspect of Batman instead of his fighting prowess which to me is excellent. Let us see why he is called the greatest detective.

My fetish villain would be penguin who is manipulated by the Riddler who is also working under the court of owls. Now that would definitely be a good plot twist I want to see Batman solve.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 5:11pm On Jan 31, 2019
iuwe:

Right on spot. This Batman movie should be anything but Nolan's dark Knight to avoid unnecessary comparison. Though the movie will focus on the detective aspect of Batman instead of his fighting prowess which to me is excellent. Let us see why he is called the greatest detective.

My fetish villain would be penguin who is manipulated by the Riddler who is also working under the court of owls. Now that would definitely be a good plot twist I want to see Batman solve.

Court Of Owls cheesy

I don't understand why Court Of Owls has not made it to big screen yet.

Having a secret society like Court Of Owls would pave way for a great thrilling detective story.

What if we get a younger Bruce Wayne who has been Batman for just a year and he tries to use his skills to find the man that murdered his parents.
His search for clues and while connecting the dots leads him to discover a secret society called Court Of Owls.
This secret society runs Gotham from the shadows and Thomas Wayne was a former member who left the group because some of their actions are against his moral codes and the Court murdered him and Martha cuz he threatened to expose their secrets.

Court Of Owls as the major antagonist would make for a mind bending suspense-filled thriller.

Batman has an amazing rouges gallery.
Joker, Rasalghul and Bane were just the tip of the iceberg.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 6:17pm On Jan 31, 2019
James Gunn is in talks to direct Suicide Squad 2.

It won't be a reboot but it will be more of a relaunch than a direct sequel.

The working title is "The Suicide Squad " instead of Suicide Squad 2....official title is not yet confirmed.

Most of cast of the first film won't return but as long as Viola Davis returns as Amanda Waller together with Will Smith as Deathshot...I'll be glad.

James Gunn can replace the others with new characters and I won't even notice their absence.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 6:22pm On Jan 31, 2019
Two more release dates set...

The Batman on June 25 2021.

Suicide Squad 2 on August 6 2021.

For the first time two DC movies will release very close to each other.

Both movie are barely 5 weeks apart.. shocked

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 31, 2019
BlackManta:

Court Of Owls cheesy

I don't understand why Court Of Owls has not made it to big screen yet.

Having a secret society like Court Of Owls would pave way for a great thrilling detective story.

What if we get a younger Bruce Wayne who has been Batman for just a year and he tries to use his skills to find the man that murdered his parents.
His search for clues and while connecting the dots leads him to discover a secret society called Court Of Owls.
This secret society runs Gotham from the shadows and Thomas Wayne was a former member who left the group because some of their actions are against his moral codes and the Court murdered him and Martha cuz he threatened to expose their secrets.

Court Of Owls as the major antagonist would make for a mind bending suspense-filled thriller.

Batman has an amazing rouges gallery.
Joker, Rasalghul and Bane were just the tip of the iceberg.
My ooooh my. That would be over the top plot twist and that would make Bruce question everything and anything. People go crazy for cinema
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by acekhalifa(m): 7:18pm On Jan 31, 2019
Future looking bright for dceu. so many movie projects in development. as for the ones with release dates, I just hope they don't suffer the same fate like most movies in the franchise. let nobody tamper with the dates!!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 8:43pm On Jan 31, 2019
iuwe:
The new Batman movie "THE BATMAN" unofficial is stated to be released in late spring or summer of 2021.

http://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/passage-producer-netflixs-theatrical-plans-noir-batman-1180514&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiVvYCS5JXgAhWNZlAKHYbVCvYQqOcBMAB6BAgIEAI&usg=AOvVaw0GYzcUNIgJD9vHuzCNG21G

hulk616 reaction after THE BATMAN movie unofficial release date has been announced as a Batman Fan grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

1st Pix : (Offline) Yeeyyyyyy, It's Finally Coming.

2nd Pix: (DCEU Thread) Just Look At The Trash.

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 31, 2019
acekhalifa:
Future looking bright for dceu. so many movie projects in development. as for the ones with release dates, I just hope they don't suffer the same fate like most movies in the franchise. let nobody tamper with the dates!!
let's be realistic, how can you say the future is Bright for DCEU. And based on experience, all these movies will be cancelled. Or if they are not cancelled, the movie will have several reshoots and later become piece of trash.
Then DC fans will be crying for directors cut. #OccupyDC

4 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 31, 2019
Xavier5:

hulk616 reaction after THE BATMAN movie unofficial release date has been announced as a Batman Fan grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

1st Pix : (Offline) Yeeyyyyyy, It's Finally Coming.

2nd Pix: (DCEU Thread) Just Look At The Trash.
I m happy for seeing another potential box office failure. And again, I don't understand why DC fans are happy like this, in 2015 they said flash, cyborg, JL1 and 2, JL dark, lobo movie but this is 2019 still nothing. Only marvel fulfilled their promises.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.