Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (786) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1232781 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 14, 2019
BlackManta:

So we are getting 3 DC films in 2021 shocked

Suicide Squad
Batman
Black Adam

Mad oo shocked
I like this year. Fair competition between DC and marvel. Let me start saving for my cinemas fees grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 14, 2019
Shittaakeem:

blackest night is one of my fav DC event
Read it 3years ago
the amount of world building in that story is incredible.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 10:20pm On Nov 14, 2019
pu7pl3:

Bruuuuuuuh...your head is there cool

Lobo would be maad
A deadpool with more murderous intents, it'll be crazy if they can get it done

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:
So, since the Endgame doesn't have a single Major Actor or Actress (this is disappointing), they have decided to field all the actors and actresses for best supporting actor/actress in the Oscar awards race. undecided
We are basically just shooting our shot grin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

If everyone is supporting, who is the lead?

How can the current highest grossing movie not have a single lead? That's the MCU for you.

**I know some of you will not like this, but its the bitter truth**
You can't expect to have a lead in a movie consisting of the avengers. Okay, who was the lead in Justice league. They are assembles of various characters.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:31pm On Nov 14, 2019
NeededGist:

You can't expect to have a lead in a movie consisting of the avengers. Okay, who was the lead in Justice league. They are assembles of various characters.

Batman was the lead in Justice League
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 14, 2019
NeededGist:

do mind crying DC fans
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:32pm On Nov 14, 2019
NeededGist:

We are basically just shooting our shot grin

More like throwing everything on the wall to see which one sticks. I understand bro.

I just hope they don't mess up the xmen
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:33pm On Nov 14, 2019
Shittaakeem:

Read it 3years ago

Welcome back bro.

Hope to see you stick around and contribute more often
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:34pm On Nov 14, 2019
Year 2021 will be incredible

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:35pm On Nov 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:
Year 2021 will be incredible

And it belongs to DC cool

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:38pm On Nov 14, 2019
Wanda vision will have a life audience that will laugh at the jokes while filming. undecided

What's with Disney/MCU and cracking of jokes?

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:42pm On Nov 14, 2019
Minemrys:

bloggerz would always write things for clicks. There wasn't anything scary abt the 7 sins. I asked u, were u frightened by them? U didn't answer the questi0n. U must be frightened by s0mething b4 u tag it h0rrific. Forget sentiment, jor. I am a dc guy, and to be h0nest all dc films prior to joker were very similar in style to mcu films. They were so forgettable, the plots simplistic, no twists that'd leave one asking questi0ns after having seen them. That's the essence of cinema, it has to leave in u s0me sense of wanting m0re, asking m0re while being satisfied. Those films didn't, but that doesn't mean they were bad.

Seriously, did you just indirectly tag a write up from abs-cbn a blogger site?

There is no need for me to continue this argument with you.

I have provided the evidence needed.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Yes, they were very different.

Aquaman, Shazam had horror in them. Which marvel film had elements of horror?

In Shazam, silvana threw his own brother out of the freaking window from the highest floor in the building. That is very dark. I haven't seen any dark action from any MCU villains till date.

From the BOP trailer, we can see how Harley Quinn breaks a guys leg, and watching that scene alone gives the creep.

I won't even bother explaining WW
I don't miss you again sef.

Bro there were tons of 'dark' elements in Marvel's movies. Can't remember a lot but remember when a guy was turned into a piece of meat grin grin in Ant-Man and got flushed and bro, Thor Ragnarok was very Dark just that the director had to make it light so as to suite Disney's agender, Thor went through a lot up through infinity war when he basically failed to go for the head.
Then Infinity war bro look at how it started and ended, Look at how Loki was killed right from the beginning, straight through the end, it was a dark movie. What made it light was just humour which Marvel movie is famous for.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:47pm On Nov 14, 2019
Minemrys:

how is TDK similar to mcu films? Am n0t the one arguing. U are. Mcu films are kn0wn for their over the top fun, 0ne liners, and simplistic plotline that's all t0o predictable. Just tell me, wasn't aquaman predictable, filled with 0ne liners, fun and f0rgettable? What was so nerve racking abt it aside its cgi?

Oga, you are the one arguing and clinging to straws.

Didn't Aquaman have elements of horror in it with the trench scene? There where several jump scare moments during the trench scenes. Can the same be said of any MCU movies?

People loved Aquaman because of that uniqueness that's why DC is planning a trench horror spin off.

I don't have time to be arguing with you biko.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Batman was the lead in Justice League
You can't expect the same for Endgame especially with the direction they took it through. Going back in time and all other stuffs.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:51pm On Nov 14, 2019
NeededGist:

I don't miss you again sef.

Bro there were tons of 'dark' elements in Marvel's movies. Can't remember a lot but remember when a guy was turned into a piece of meat grin grin in Ant-Man and got flushed and bro, Thor Ragnarok was very Dark just that the director had to make it light so as to suite Disney's agender, Thor went through a lot up through infinity war when he basically failed to go for the head.
Then Infinity war bro look at how it started and ended, Look at how Loki was killed right from the beginning, straight through the end, it was a dark movie. What made it light was just humour which Marvel movie is famous for.

Lol, the truth be told.

There is no dark moment because it was made into a comedy.

There was a scene where black widow told Thor that Loki was responsible for the death of over 80 people. Thor turned it into a joke and said that Loki is his half brother.

Nothing really dark or scary.

Logan was dark, deadpool had something that separated it from the MCU.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:53pm On Nov 14, 2019
NeededGist:

You can't expect the same for Endgame especially with the direction they took it through. Going back in time and all other stuffs.

It could have been possible if they used RDJ as the main lead.

I don't think Disney thought it through before production.

Now they hampered RDJ chances of an Oscar main actor awards.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 10:53pm On Nov 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

OMG!! shocked

Finally, we are moving forward guys. Just as I always told you. Just relax and believe.

DC is great again cool

But nothing yet on Shazam 2.

And before you quote me with the "the film just came out" statement, know that by 2022, those kids will be way bigger.

Yet WB says they want to fastrack the release of those sequels before those kids mature.

However, I see them doing the opposite.

Again, nothing yet on Shazam 2, not even a rumor.

Suffice to say, the studio might have given up on that film

And no, the release of Black Adam means nothing.

I'm beginning to lose faith in them.

First, they let Cavill down.

Secondly, they want to feature Catwoman in another Batman film.

Finally, they have no plans for the "Real" Captain Marvel and Zachary Levi's future, which is their fault after releasing the film just before Endgame, when they should have shifted the date.

I guess it's safe to say this studio has no plans and just make things up as they go.

I hate to say this, but Minemrys was right all along.

And in view of these recent developments, I might not comment on this thread for a while.

I highly dissappointed in WB!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:53pm On Nov 14, 2019
cool

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Topmaike007(m): 10:54pm On Nov 14, 2019
BlackManta:

Is this a joke or what cheesy
How dark is it for someone to get thrown out of a skyscraper grin
Anybody complaining about that is really lost. As if that's the darkest thing he's ever seen in DC film....mtcheww
Meanwhile in DC comics....
Now that is some fvcking darkness.
where are you seeing all this comic abeg drop link
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:54pm On Nov 14, 2019
Raalsalghul:

But nothing yet on Shazam 2.

And before you quote me with the "the film just came out" statement, know that by 2022, those kids will be way bigger.

Yet WB says they want to fastrack the release of those sequels before those kids mature.

However, I see them doing the opposite.

Again, nothing yet on Shazam 2, not even a rumor.

Suffice to say, the studio might have given up on that film

And no, the release of Black Adam means nothing.

I'm beginning to lose faith in them.

First, they let Cavill down.

Secondly, they want to feature Catwoman in another Batman film.

Finally, they have no plans for the "Real" Captain Marvel and Zachary Levi's future, which is their fault after releasing the film just before Endgame, when they should have shifted the date.

I guess it's safe to say this studio has no plans and just make things up as they go.

I hate to say this, but Minemrys was right all along.

And in view of these recent developments, I might not comment on this thread for a while.

I highly dissappointed in WB!

No wahala.

You can join the Synder fanclub in crying till tomorrow then.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Topmaike007(m): 10:55pm On Nov 14, 2019
pu7pl3:

Are you following the dark multiverse elseworld stories? Really dark shit has been happening grin grin
pls drop link where you're getting your comic from
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Lol, the truth be told.

There is no dark moment because it was made into a comedy.

There was a scene where black widow told Thor that Loki was responsible for the death of over 80 people. Thor turned it into a joke and said that Loki is his half brother.

Nothing really dark or scary.

Logan was dark, deadpool had something that separated it from the MCU.
The thing is I enjoy the comedy aspect cos I really love comedy, I'm even planning to see life of brian. I love comedy to a fault but at times I want some seriousness like what infinity war did. Less humour, made it more enjoyable and intense. Don't forget the winter soldier too.
Yes Disney/Marvel is guilty using comedy a lot but they know when to switch it up a notch and that notch is just satisfying to me.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

It could have been possible if they used RDJ as the main lead.

I don't think Disney thought it through before production.

Now they hampered RDJ chances of an Oscar main actor awards.
A whole different storyline would have been used, nothing we haven't see before. You see they wanted to use that particular storyline so as to usher something new into the MCU that is the time travel stuff and so far everyone has been talking about it. I still even have unanswered questions sef. So you see, I see it as an absolute win.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:15pm On Nov 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Oga, you are the one arguing and clinging to straws.

Didn't Aquaman have elements of horror in it with the trench scene? There where several jump scare moments during the trench scenes. Can the same be said of any MCU movies?

People loved Aquaman because of that uniqueness that's why DC is planning a trench horror spin off.

I don't have time to be arguing with you biko.
aquaman is unique in that it was never d0ne b4, bt the style, the t0ne and the m0od screams mcu. C0me on, do u even kn0w why i keep saying these films are similar to the mcu films? Am n0t saying they c0pied c0ntents or anything. Am saying, while watching the films, u d0n't feel any stakes in them. But in joker, we were made to be on the edge of our seats. Mcu films d0n't have stakes in them, they are j0lly rides, c0lorful and n0thing bearz no c0nsequence i.e when the V. P was kidnapped in ir0n man 3. In aquaman, we never felt any0ne in danger, same with Jl, w0nder w0man, shazam. They were j0lly rides.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:21pm On Nov 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Seriously, did you just indirectly tag a write up from abs-cbn a blogger site?

There is no need for me to continue this argument with you.

I have provided the evidence needed.
u didn't answer the questi0n na. Were u frightened by the 7 sins? Dude, my little cousins found those things funny. Shazam was largely c0medy and a family friendly film [doesn't that ring mcu to u?]. In that an article was written, was either to amass cust0merz or market the film. Publicity. Disney have people writing articles, meaningless once for them, man. M0st recent, the 10milli0n subscriberz n0nsense.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:25pm On Nov 14, 2019
Minemrys:

u didn't answer the questi0n na. Were u frightened by the 7 sins? Dude, my little cousins found those things funny. Shazam was largely c0medy and a family friendly film [doesn't that ring mcu to u?]. In that an article was written, was either to amass cust0merz or market the film. Publicity. Disney have people writing articles, meaningless once for them, man. M0st recent, the 10milli0n subscriberz n0nsense.

Must I be frightened before you know that others where frightened? I just gave you an article where the guy said he was terrified with what he saw, as he has never seen it in other comic book movies.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 11:26pm On Nov 14, 2019
Shittaakeem:

Read it 3years ago

Nah that one was dope but this one just came out...I'm not talking about the Geoff Johns version,this one is an elseworlds ongoing series

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 11:28pm On Nov 14, 2019
Minemrys:

becos it was abt a w0man? Bro, the villain was mcu like, very forgettable. Even the plot t0o; simplistic and predictable.

There is no MCU movie like that bruh
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 11:28pm On Nov 14, 2019
hulk616:
he is now in charge of all X-Men books

Like forever?

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 11:29pm On Nov 14, 2019
Topmaike007:
pls drop link where you're getting your comic from

www.getcomics.info

(1) (2) (3) ... (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.