Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (787) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1232936 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (784) (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:30pm On Nov 14, 2019
NeededGist:

A whole different storyline would have been used, nothing we haven't see before. You see they wanted to use that particular storyline so as to usher something new into the MCU that is the time travel stuff and so far everyone has been talking about it. I still even have unanswered questions sef. So you see, I see it as an absolute win.

It is a win for MCU at the BO but that's it.

Y'all need to realize that other things needs to be factored in. Disney didn't think it through and now they are panicking as there are several Oscar award worthy movies this year.

As it stands, nobody is talking about endgame for major Oscar awards. Some MCU fans even thought endgame came out last year.

It will be a huge slap if endgame doesn't get a major awards with the huge money and hype that it made.

Let's hope for the best

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:33pm On Nov 14, 2019
NeededGist:

The thing is I enjoy the comedy aspect cos I really love comedy, I'm even planning to see life of brian. I love comedy to a fault but at times I want some seriousness like what infinity war did. Less humour, made it more enjoyable and intense. Don't forget the winter soldier too.
Yes Disney/Marvel is guilty using comedy a lot but they know when to switch it up a notch and that notch is just satisfying to me.

Thank you.

IW had more seriousness and battle and was far better than endgame.

I just hope they mix the genre up, not everything need to be comedy.

Sony is likely going for an R rated Morbius movie while Disney is going for a pg13 Blade movie. How can a blade vampire movie be pg13?

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 11:38pm On Nov 14, 2019
Minemrys:

aquaman is unique in that it was never d0ne b4, bt the style, the t0ne and the m0od screams mcu. C0me on, do u even kn0w why i keep saying these films are similar to the mcu films? Am n0t saying they c0pied c0ntents or anything. Am saying, while watching the films, u d0n't feel any stakes in them. But in joker, we were made to be on the edge of our seats. Mcu films d0n't have stakes in them, they are j0lly rides, c0lorful and n0thing bearz no c0nsequence i.e when the V. P was kidnapped in ir0n man 3. In aquaman, we never felt any0ne in danger, same with Jl, w0nder w0man, shazam. They were j0lly rides.

Guy stop adding wonder woman there undecided

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 11:45pm On Nov 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

It is a win for MCU at the BO but that's it.

Y'all need to realize that other things needs to be factored in. Disney didn't think it through and now they are panicking as there are several Oscar award worthy movies this year.

As it stands, nobody is talking about endgame for major Oscar awards. Some MCU fans even thought endgame came out last year.

It will be a huge slap if endgame doesn't get a major awards with the huge money and hype that it made.

Let's hope for the best
The only reason for the panicking is because Joker is getting recognition left and right.( All hail the might Joaquin lol)
In the future, Disney/Marvel might start making 'Oscar' worthy movies this might be an eye opener for them.
I think Endgame is worthy of best picture, it definitely deserves to be in the discussion. Who knows RDJ might win best supporting actor if that happens then it was a good year.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 11:48pm On Nov 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Thank you.

IW had more seriousness and battle and was far better than endgame.

I just hope they mix the genre up, not everything need to be comedy.

Sony is likely going for an R rated Morbius movie while Disney is going for a pg13 Blade movie. How can a blade vampire movie be pg13?

They should improve in the comedy aspect since a lot of consumers are complaining but sadly they have a target audience.

I remember crying when Disney wanted to make Deadpool PG-13 could have broke the camel's back for me.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:50pm On Nov 14, 2019
NeededGist:

The only reason for the panicking is because Joker is getting recognition left and right.( All hail the might Joaquin lol)
In the future, Disney/Marvel might start making 'Oscar' worthy movies this might be an eye opener for them.
I think Endgame is worthy of best picture, it definitely deserves to be in the discussion. Who knows RDJ might win best supporting actor if that happens then it was a good year.

Yeah, Joker hit Disney and everyone hard. Nobody expected it.

Also, Endgame and joker are worthy of best picture but there are several other movies that also joins the race for BP.

Joker still has a shot but from the tracking, endgame has been removed from BP consideration.

This Oscar awards battle this year is really difficult.

I read that we are likely to get up to 10 nominations for this year BP Oscar award

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:51pm On Nov 14, 2019
NeededGist:

They should improve in the comedy aspect since a lot of consumers are complaining but sadly they have a target audience.

I remember crying when Disney wanted to make Deadpool PG-13 could have broke the camel's back for me.

Lol, a lot of fans warned them not to mess with deadpool by making it PG13.

Not sure what Disney will do now
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:52pm On Nov 14, 2019
Are you guys ready for The Batman? cool

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 12:25am On Nov 15, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Lol, a lot of fans warned them not to mess with deadpool by making it PG13.

Not sure what Disney will do now
They won't be making it PG-13.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 12:47am On Nov 15, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Yeah, Joker hit Disney and everyone hard. Nobody expected it.

Also, Endgame and joker are worthy of best picture but there are several other movies that also joins the race for BP.

Joker still has a shot but from the tracking, endgame has been removed from BP consideration.

This Oscar awards battle this year is really difficult.

I read that we are likely to get up to 10 nominations for this year BP Oscar award
This year will be really tough but still Endgame deserves a slot, intertwining 22 movies into one it's not an easy feat. I hope it's pulls something like Lord of the rings kind of thing.

But then when you look at other movies in the same category oh boy.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Shittaakeem(m): 3:55am On Nov 15, 2019
pu7pl3:

Nah that one was dope but this one just came out...I'm not talking about the Geoff Johns version,this one is an elseworlds ongoing series
Wait what!!!

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Shittaakeem(m): 3:56am On Nov 15, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Welcome back bro.

Hope to see you stick around and contribute more often
Yeah been busy with a lot of projects

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Shittaakeem(m): 3:57am On Nov 15, 2019
hulk616:
the amount of world building in that story is incredible.
My Nigga
Chief tormentor of DC fans

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:08am On Nov 15, 2019
pu7pl3:

Guy stop adding wonder woman there undecided
tell me why i shouldn't. C0me on, even critics misto0k the film for a marvel film. I dnt kn0w if it was deliberate. C0me on, we all knew how the m0vie would be b4 its release. The only thing is, WW actually makes u care for diana.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 8:26am On Nov 15, 2019
Shittaakeem:

Wait what!!!

Right grin

Lobo and Sinestro were the main players here
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 8:30am On Nov 15, 2019
Minemrys:

tell me why i shouldn't. C0me on, even critics misto0k the film for a marvel film. I dnt kn0w if it was deliberate. C0me on, we all knew how the m0vie would be b4 its release. The only thing is, WW actually makes u care for diana.

You are only adding wonder woman based on the Villain but apart from that there is no MCU movie like wonder woman I'm serious
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 15, 2019
Shittaakeem:

My Nigga
Chief tormentor of DC fans
Tutoring DC fans since 1894 grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 15, 2019
pu7pl3:

Like forever?
yes
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 9:37am On Nov 15, 2019
NeededGist:

This year will be really tough but still Endgame deserves a slot, intertwining 22 movies into one it's not an easy feat. I hope it's pulls something like Lord of the rings kind of thing.

But then when you look at other movies in the same category oh boy.

Its not going to be easy as most studios are really fighting hard for Oscar awards.

Even Netflix sef has several movies in contention. Next year Oscars is going to be tough.

Another blow for Endgame is when some top directors like Martin Scorsese called MCU movies "theme park movies". It is really affecting their Oscar award push for endgame but I read that Disney is still dropping a lot of cash for this push.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 9:37am On Nov 15, 2019
hulk616:
Tutoring DC fans since 1894 grin

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 15, 2019
[quote author=TheKingIsHere post=84044450][/quote] Last year November i became active on the thread. During my time i schooled DC Fans and their failed DCEU. And the good results can tell
1. Aquaman
2. Shazam
3. Joker
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 15, 2019
TheKingishere DC just announced Black adam on their youtube channel, but you said DC uses third party grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 1:54pm On Nov 15, 2019
pu7pl3:

It's Skseries that was arguing with you that time angry grin
oga my argument then wasn't that it doesn't come from WB, my argument was that until WB officially says so it's more or less a rumour or speculation, and by WB I refered to anyone working directly on the project most especially the director... So oga show me one announcement that's it currently official that WB didn't have to confirm. Thee was speculation abt two actors I plan for Alfred and pinguin, WB officially confirm the alfred actor, (the director did I think so) have they confirmed the pinguin actor? So because news was flying around all through last week did that make it official till the director did? It's a DC group so I don't expect less from it's fan boy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 1:55pm On Nov 15, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

I tire for the guy then.

Atleast, we now see who is right.
yeah I are. Smh

Show me one third party info that has been made official without WB not confirming it
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 1:57pm On Nov 15, 2019
Skseries:
yeah u are. Smh

Show me one third party info that has been made official without WB not confirming it
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 3:07pm On Nov 15, 2019
hulk616:
TheKingishere DC just announced Black adam on their youtube channel, but you said DC uses third party grin

Something that we already know about from the Rock (third party) since yesterday
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 3:09pm On Nov 15, 2019
Skseries:
yeah I are. Smh

Yesterday, The Rock announced it with a date. WB didn't confirm it.

But guess what?

Everyone knew that it was legit and official that why reputable news outlets carried the news yesterday.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 3:28pm On Nov 15, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

I don't understand your sudden anger with WB? Hope it isn't synder related?

Now for Tsujihara, he is the one stepping down for his act of favouring an actress he is having an affair with by using his position to get juicy roles for her. This is unethical and goes against the company's standard, so is it wb fault he abused those rights?

Also, which actors are walking away? Mention their names so we can iron that out as well.

You keep looking at the bad side but never the good side.

WB is turning things around now. People are beginning to have believe in their movie.

That's why there was a time that I stated that the coy needs a $1bn blockbuster to get things back and Aquaman did that.

Nobody believed that Aquaman will be a huge success but look at it now. People are gearing up to watch Shazam because of the current strategic steps wb is taking to reshape things.

The joker will be a hit, same for Harley quin and wonder woman this time will pass the $1bn as well. So, what exactly is your anger towards WB? You haven't said your real mind.

I had to dig up this post to show minemrys that I actually predicted Joker's success as far back as March cool

Funny thing is that he was the one I was replying to back then. Lol
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 3:38pm On Nov 15, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Yesterday, The Rock announced it with a date. WB didn't confirm it.

But guess what?

Everyone knew that it was legit and official that why reputable news outlets carried the news yesterday.

do u listen at all? Or u just wanna talk? I said this few min ago, by WB official It can come from WB themselves or anyone officially involve in the project, this past few days Matt reeves have been confirming some speculation on his Twitter account now, D rock is the lead actor in the movie now, how more official can it be? Smh. U guys are just impossible. Na me wey dey answer u sha.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 3:38pm On Nov 15, 2019
Rumours has it that black Adam will go against hawkman and JLA

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 3:41pm On Nov 15, 2019
Skseries:
do u listen at all? Or u just wanna talk? I said this few min ago, by WB official It can come from WB themselves or anyone officially involve in the project, this past few days Matt reeves have been confirming some speculation on his Twitter account now, D rock is the lead actor in the movie now, how more official can it be? Smh. U guys are just impossible. Na me wey dey answer u sha.

So, if Robert Pattison tweets that the date of the Batman movie has been moved, you will call that an official announcement from WB because he is an actor in the movie?

Matt Revees represents the company as the director, that's why he is involved in casting and making announcement. The actor does not do so...So whatever they as actors post is regarded as unofficial or third party.

Please stop showing your ignorance online.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 3:50pm On Nov 15, 2019
TheKingIsHere:
Rumours has it that black Adam will go against hawkman and JLA

This picture is too dope cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (784) (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.