Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (65698 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 7:01pm On Jan 24, 2009
MrCrackles:

How the fuc.k was Chris Eagles shown the exit door at United and O'shea is still there?
Absolutely piss poor and talentless
!! cheesy grin

Now, dat aint cool! cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 7:03pm On Jan 24, 2009
MrCrackles:

How the fuc.k was Chris Eagles shown the exit door at United and O'shea is still there?
!! cheesy grin

The lad is a Jack of all trade, just put him anywhere on the pitch just to run up and down. grin grin
He lacks any sort of technique.

Half time: 2-1
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 7:05pm On Jan 24, 2009
MrCrackles:

!! cheesy grin

Chris Eagles is a winger, O'Shea is an UTILITY PLAYER.
He can play anywhere in the back four and in the midfield.
Blimey. . . . . . .He has been in GOAL for Man Utd before and made a top class save.

FABIO'S SONG.

Viva Fabio!!!!!!!!!!
Viva Fabio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Talented As Hell
Looks Like Rafael
Viva Fabio !!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by switch47(m): 7:14pm On Jan 24, 2009
~Sauron~:

Chris Eagles is a winger, O'Shea is an UTILITY PLAYER.
He can play anywhere in the back four and in the midfield.
Blimey. . . . . . .He has been in GOAL for Man Utd before and made a top class save.

FABIO'S SONG.

Viva Fabio!!!!!!!!!!
Viva Fabio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Talented As Hell
Looks Like Rafael
Viva Fabio !!!
grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by bussyankee(m): 7:38pm On Jan 24, 2009
BREAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TIMES NAMED FERGIE THE MOST POWER INDIVIDUAL IN BRITISH SPORT.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has been named the most influential man in British sport.

The Scot topped the Times newspaper's Power 100 list ahead of London 2012 chairman Lord Sebastian Coe and Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour.

Ferguson, 67, took over at Old Trafford in 1986 and has won more trophies than any other manager in British football.

Jeremy Darroch, Sky TV chief executive, was fourth and Dave Brailsford, British Cycling performance director, fifth.

Explaining why Ferguson came out on top the Times commented: "He has been shaping our sporting lives for decades, to the extent that he is atop our summit, and the hard part is not establishing where his power starts but where it ends.

"Ferguson's leverage goes way beyond a Godfatherly presence among his peers. If the modern Premier League is a global phenomenon — and it is the most watched and wealthy sporting franchise on the planet — then Ferguson is its founding father.

"It was he who built the modern megaclub that is Manchester United, the giant flagship of the Premier League enterprise."

Before being appointed Manchester United manager, the Scot was in charge of Aberdeen where he won the Scottish League title on three occasions and also has success in Europe, winning the Uefa Cup Winners' Cup and Uefa Super Cup.

606: DEBATE
Are the Times right to name Sir Alex Ferguson top of their Sporting Power 100 list?
United are currently World, European and Premier League champions and Ferguson continues to look to add to his haul of 10 Premier League, five FA Cup, two Champions League and two League Cup titles.

Coe won 1500m gold at the 1980 and 1984 Olympics and was instrumental in bringing the Olympic Games to London in 2012.

The 52-year-old also set a number of world records and is a former MP, chairman of Fifa's ethics committee and vice-president of the IAAF, the world governing body of athletics.

The Times said: "He will be remembered as one of British sport's greatest statesmen."

Putting Sheikh Mansour at number three on the list, the newspaper said the impact of his riches "has been seismic" and that "there is every chance he will top this list next year if he achieves his goal of transforming City."

The oil-rich Sheikh, a member of the royal family of Abu Dhabi, bought City in summer for about £200m and is reportedly worth about £15bn.

The Eastlands club have already flexed their newfound financial muscle with a bid of £100m for AC Milan star Kaka, only to be rejected by the Brazilian, but did the seal the signing of Robinho from Real Madrid in September for £32.5m.

Billionaire Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich was sixth in the list, England and on-loan AC Milan midfielder David Beckham seventh and England manager Fabio Capello eighth.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 7:45pm On Jan 24, 2009
Now Fabio injured too?

What kinda name is Assou-Ekotto? grin

Just praying they don't get us on a counter. . .don't like it when almost everybody is in the other half of the pitch.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 7:46pm On Jan 24, 2009
C'mon Tosic!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 7:52pm On Jan 24, 2009
Let's see what he can do. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by HNIC(m): 8:00pm On Jan 24, 2009
How did Dos Santos miss that?
shocked shocked
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by MrCrackles(m): 8:00pm On Jan 24, 2009
Tosic looks like a white prick! cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by HNIC(m): 8:01pm On Jan 24, 2009
MrCrackles:

Tosic looks like white prick! cheesy

grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 8:04pm On Jan 24, 2009
We're running things but the chances ain't coming.  .  .

Welbeck too? shocked
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 8:09pm On Jan 24, 2009
Just blow the whistle already before any more Reds get injured. . .this is becoming quite vexing. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 8:12pm On Jan 24, 2009
MrCrackles:

Tosic looks like a white prick! cheesy

I aint gon' lie, he looks like a light-weight in stature but the potential's there cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 8:24pm On Jan 24, 2009
chamotex:

I aint gon' lie, he looks like a light-weight in stature but the potential's there cheesy cheesy cheesy

Vidic n Evra looked worse on their debuts.
He would come thru. I can see potential in him.
Tozza has a bomb of a left foot.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 8:26pm On Jan 24, 2009
The lighter the better. He performed okay though,nothing special.  .  .yet.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by MrCrackles(m): 8:33pm On Jan 24, 2009
He just need more beef on him!
He looks good
!!! cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 8:36pm On Jan 24, 2009
MrCrackles:

He looks good
!!! cheesy

Hleb, Robinho, Rafael, Zola, Juninho.
How beefy are these players??
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 8:44pm On Jan 24, 2009
MrCrackles:

He looks good
!!! cheesy

Aww, you like him cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by MrCrackles(m): 8:59pm On Jan 24, 2009
Cristalz:

Aww, you like him cheesy

Yeah he looks half tidy and decent! cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by MrCrackles(m): 9:01pm On Jan 24, 2009
~Sauron~:

Hleb, Robinho, Rafael, Zola, Juninho.
How beefy are these players??

More beef not in the mould of Arnold or Incredible hulk, more like Robinho!!
But then hez younging so it will come
!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 10:43am On Jan 25, 2009
MrCrackles:

More beef not in the mould of Arnold or Incredible hulk, more like Robinho!!
But then hez younging so it will come
!!!

Balderdash
How beefy was Kanu et Berba?
Ask Senieur Ronaldo du Brasil what being beefy did to him
We need output not 'fleshput'. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 26, 2009
Guys what do you think?
Our tie with Everton was scheduled for next Monday.
However it now means that since they will be involved in an FA Cup replay next Tuesday/Wednesday,the tie will certainly be moved.
I think that isn't so good for us.With injuries mounting,an accumulated fixture list isn't going to help.
Opinions,anyone?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 1:17pm On Jan 26, 2009
Guys what do you think?
Our tie with Everton was scheduled for next Monday.
However it now means that since they will be involved in an FA Cup replay next Tuesday/Wednesday,the tie will certainly be moved.
I think that isn't so good for us.With injuries mounting,an accumulated fixture list isn't going to help.
Opinions,anyone?
prayers answered
how are we gonna play that match with all the payers injured?
let dem move it till when our players will be fit.
We cant play Everton with Gibson, oshea and co
we need to win that game to maintain our first position. Good one!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 2:01pm On Jan 26, 2009
I knew about the possible fixture change
Hence i so fervently prayed for a win, even if it went to Liverfool
the defense is soo depleted but the other sects of the team are ok
An attack with Tevez and Berba is still ok by me
Middle with Scholes and Carrick, Ronaldo and Pro'lly Giggs or Nani or Park is still very much potent

Just the backline that has received soo much tinkering battering
Lets assess a backline of Gary, Vidic, Oshe'a and say Chester?
Aside Chester, all others look ok to me.
Had Fabio been ok with injury, the Gary can go into the middle.
Another option is getting Fletcher to RB while Oshe'a comes into the centre
All in all lets see what the gaffer has in stock. . . . .
It shall be well with us.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 3:29pm On Jan 26, 2009
We are playing West Brom FFS!!!!

Any back four including Vidic(PFA player of the season) and Van Der Sar will do.
Fabio can play tomorrow and reports coming out from Carrington says Wes Brown and Rio are rearing to go.
They have been training HARD for 5 days now.

West Brom also have their own worries.
They have about 7 good players OUT so i expect Man Utd to have a field day down there.
I am expecting a 3-0 massacre.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 3:39pm On Jan 26, 2009
Actually they've got 8, so the game should be well-balanced injury-wise. Here's hoping for another 3 points. It's way too tight up top.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 26, 2009
I think we just got to the top for the first time this season.Things will be a bit tight,as I expect.But things will sort themselves out.
My only fear is that the injury-ravaged squad could hit an inconsistent patch.So far,thankfully, it hasn't happened.
I know it's only West Brom,but don't forget they are in a relegation scrap to save themselves and they will battle hard.A point for them against us will be like 3 points.
The thing is:United haven't played well this season and yet sit at the top.It's a strange season.I still wait to see the dizzying displays from last season with sweet goals.
But if anyone told me,judging from the fixture list and the trip to Japan that we'd be top this time of the season,I would have seriously doubted it.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 4:18pm On Jan 26, 2009
We are playing West Brom FFS!!!!

Any back four including Vidic(PFA player of the season) and Van Der Sar will do.
Fabio can play tomorrow and reports coming out from Carrington says Wes Brown and Rio are rearing to go.
They have been training HARD for 5 days now.
if Vida, Oshea, Fabio and Gary will play, then we dont have worries against West Brom.

Rio and Brown playing against Everton if game isnt gonna be shifted is good news for me
i want guys back asap. Evra, Rooney, Raphael should be back next weekend i guess.
No worries people
we are staying on top till the end of d season

The thing is:United haven't played well this season and yet sit at the top.It's a strange season.I still wait to see the dizzying displays from last season with sweet goals.
But if anyone told me,judging from the fixture list and the trip to Japan that we'd be top this time of the season,I would have seriously doubted it.
Thats the hallmark of a great team. The team havent been scoring goals against the lil teams but produced a stellar performance against Chelsea. I think Inter will be roasted. The team is just chilling to kill off the big teams anytime they come our way
a UTD team not firing on all cylinders will still be the team to beat both home and abroad.

lets see how Mourinho will survive
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 4:46pm On Jan 26, 2009
Eastbay:

I know it's only West Brom,but don't forget they are in a relegation scrap to save themselves and they will battle hard.A point for them against us will be like 3 points.

U can say that again. U have doubted the squad from DAY ONE of the season. grin grin grin grin

None of the BIG FOUR is firing and the top players last season have been dire.
Adebayor?? He is yet to wake from his slumber. He kicked the air yesterday like a complete amateur.
Torres is still struggling to find his form and Ronaldo is nowhere his blistering form last season.
Our defence has helped a lot. . . . . . .and this is why most people think should United win. . . . .Vidic will be named the PFA player of the season.

tkb417:

if Vida, Oshea, Fabio and Gary will play, then we dont have worries against West Brom.

We would beat West Brom with Vidic n Van Der Sar plus 3 Congolese apes. grin grin grin
Once the spine is sorted. . . . . . .half of the job is done.

Rio and Brown playing against Everton if game isnt gonna be shifted is good news for me
i want guys back asap. Evra, Rooney, Raphael should be back next weekend i guess.

Rooney will not be rushed back according to Ferguson.
This is his first hamstring so they are taking it really serious cos they dont want him to tear it again before we play INTER.
In me mind, i am sure Wazza is now ready to go.

No worries people
we are staying on top till the end of d season

Without a doubt!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 5:05pm On Jan 26, 2009
Our defence has helped a lot. . . . . . .and this is why most people think should United win. . . . .Vidic will be named the PFA player of the season.
that guy is the best in the game right now. Vida has got no equals presently

So good for us having Tosic too, UTD is 'adequately designed' to win trophies till the 2nd coming of Jesus.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 26, 2009
tkb,
Please confirm Brown is set to make his return.
With him and Rio,the defence just got a whole lot stronger.
If that is true,I have NO WORRIES!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Newcastle United - (4 - 1) On September 11 2021 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2012/2013 / Arsenal Vs Manchester United (1 - 3) On 2nd December 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.