Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,801 members, 7,827,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (65737 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 11:52pm On Jan 20, 2009
~Sauron~:

We would be okay!!!

Rafael(Hamstring), Nani & Evans(Ankle injury/slight knock), Anderson(fracture). cry cry cry

Fracture shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked   where??
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 11:55pm On Jan 20, 2009
chamotex:

Fracture shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked   where??

MUTV said it COULD be.
Nani could play on saturday cos i saw him walked past someone in the tunnel just now.
Anderson is in trouble and Rafael has torn his hamstring.

BTW, Are we sure it wasn't Fabio that played tonight??
Me thinks Fergie has been swapping those boys without our knowledge.
No one can tell em apart according to MUTV presenters. grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by mukina2: 11:59pm On Jan 20, 2009
Injury angel thanks for listening to Santa last Christmas, our team was being cursed now you have transfered the curse to the scummies.

May it stay with them forever grin grin grin May more injuries happen to them in the coming weeks grin cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 12:04am On Jan 21, 2009
mukina2:

Injury angel thanks for listening to Santa last Christmas, our team was being cursed now you have transfered the curse to the scummies.

May it stay with them forever grin grin grin May more injuries happen to them in the coming weeks grin cheesy

Back to Sender cheesy cheesy Bad belle people. Our squad is strong enough.

~Sauron~:

BTW, Are we sure it wasn't Fabio that played tonight??
Me thinks Fergie has been swapping those boys without our knowledge.
No one can tell em apart according to MUTV presenters. grin grin grin grin

All I know is Fabio is married and he wears a ring and I also think since Fabio is predominantly left footed, it would be hard to switch them even though I don't mind grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 3:00am On Jan 21, 2009
Lemme see the Scumtwat fan that would come here and yab John O'Sheasy grin grin the guy is damn too unappreciated by you lot
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 7:07am On Jan 21, 2009
Mancs,

Dont want to sound sceptical,but reaching the Caling Cup final at the expense of more injured players kind of sours the feat itself.
After watching the game last night I thought to myself if it was really necessary to win the Carling Cup.
We may say trophies is what counts,but to be honest,I don't like the look of the injury list that we have.
Reaching this final makes it sure that we get another game in hand.And we all know that that that's what they are:games in hand.Although I'm not too worried about that,since we tend to get through those outstanding games.But it puts a little bit of pressure on our league title bid.
We have Brown and Hargreaves,crucial players to the United cause last season already out,probably for the whole season.Add Ferdinand,Evra and Rooney.Then Rafael,Evans and even Anderson,though it seems Evans might be ok for the weekend's FA Cup.
That's basically a whole side out,give or take a few players more.
Personally,and this is my own opinion,I feel we need all the players we can get at their best,and sacrificing these players,especially in the defence,on the altar of the Carling Cup,so to speak,is really worrying.I feel there are greater challenges and priorities.The title no. 18 should be a huge target and then retaining the Champions League,though it's going to be a bit harder this season for us to achieve that.
But it's just my opinion.Someone please school me if I'm wrong.Mancs only,thank you.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 7:40am On Jan 21, 2009
EB
I really really really feel you.
I mean, finals of the milk cup at a price?
But Fergie feels its an opportunity to the young lads to feature in a final
My only confidence watching was that the team that played last night isn't Utd's starting eleven
I mean all thru, from GK to Striker 9. It goes to show the strenght indepth.
My worry is that some of the first team players are missing and the fringe guys supposed to substitute them are getting crooked with injury.
The defence is a major worry. Assuming Rio doesn't show up on saturday and Evans doesn't pass a fitness test, what happens?
An inexperienced Chester in for him? Pls not in a cup game with Spurs!!!!
We can't write off the Carling Cup. A bird in hand worths two in the bush. Who knows what the season has in store for us?
Them Gaynners will prefer holding to this with the uncertainty of a season staring them in the face
So lets have it at the finals. This trophy counted for us when we were on trophy drought in the past.

Though i share your anguish and views, i feel we need the Milk cup. At least to retain bragging rights shocked shocked tongue grin

Answers someone?
Darron Gibson is not a United quality? He kept giving away balls and was terribly weak in the middle.
He was only saved cos the team played well. O'shea, save for the goal, was eratic. Welbeck is also very weak in me opinion
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 8:12am On Jan 21, 2009
hmmm
Anderson, Evra, Evans, Rapahel are serious worries o

when is Wes Brown playing?
when is RIO coming back?

this is not good at all.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 9:57am On Jan 21, 2009
TK
Ba wo ni??

Rio, Wes, Evra and Rooney are all touted to be available for the Everton game.
But sources say Rio should be fit and ok for the Spurs and WBA game this weekend and next tuesday respectively.
Lets hope for the best. The squad is strong indepth.
Thats fore sight at work. . . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 11:30am On Jan 21, 2009
TK
Ba wo ni??

Rio, Wes, Evra and Rooney are all touted to be available for the Everton game.
But sources say Rio should be fit and ok for the Spurs and WBA game this weekend and next tuesday respectively.
Lets hope for the best. The squad is strong indepth.
Thats fore sight at work. . . . .

Baba how far?

if those guys will be back for the game against Everton, then we've got not worries. I heared Evans will only be out for a week so thats good.
I need RIO to come back and help out Vida whos been in a scintillating form lately.

we are winning this championship so no worries
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 12:46pm On Jan 21, 2009
We don't need poor or troubled conglomerates
Soo its good bye AIG
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7841748.stm

Meanwhile,
As one goes, another is int he line to fill in the gap.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7700407.stm
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 21, 2009
Da Emp,
Tanx mon.
Maybe I'm panicking a bit too early,but I feel it is a cause for concern.
But somehow,Fergie's replacements seem to come up big,except the rightfully-maligned Gibson.
Which position de guy dey play sef?The only contribution he made yesterday was congratulating Nani,im celebrate pass the goalscorer sef!
I think he needs more time,though Fergie might be tempted to field him in the final.
Chester?Well the jury is still out on him,but I think he looks liek he doesn't have it (yet).
However let's get to a bridge first before we cross.
I just feel Tottenham,on any day,good or bad,ALWAYS up their game against United.
Any news on Anderson,anyone?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 21, 2009
Emp,
AIG wasn't much of a surprise.They've been in financial trouble since mid-last year.
But we've been extremely "lucky" under thier sponsorship.
I see the Sahara people on India's one-day cricket team.I don't think they are a global brand.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by edoyad(m): 6:35pm On Jan 21, 2009
OOps !! sorry, wrong thread.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by aieromon(m): 7:44pm On Jan 21, 2009
let's not dwell much on the injury list lest we intend getting depressed like the gaynners did last year.

i believe we have more than enough to see out the next 4 games in spectacular form before the champions league week.i don't even mind if we sacrifice our FA cup chances to stay focused on 2 title hopefuls i.e carling cup and the premiership.if we are able to knock out inter,then i will know we have what it takes to reach the final.

Sir AF will not disappoint us cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 10:18pm On Jan 21, 2009
Fellas, it seems we might be meeting BURNLEY at Wembley.

Burnley 2-0 SPURS.

One more goal and it would be extra time.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by vicade(m): 10:20pm On Jan 21, 2009
~Sauron~:

Fellas, it seems we might be meeting BURNLEY at Wembley.

Burnley 2-0 SPURS.

one more goal and it would be extra time.

AS a gunner, I am with Spurs all the way tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 10:33pm On Jan 21, 2009
Burnley 3-0 SPURS.

This is ridiculous. cheesy grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by vicade(m): 10:33pm On Jan 21, 2009
3-0

You have got to be kidding me  
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 10:34pm On Jan 21, 2009
b-u-r-n-l-e-y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 10:37pm On Jan 21, 2009
Should BURNLEY get to Wembley. . . . . .The FA should give em the Carling Cup.
SAF should forget going to Wembley and play cos BURNLEY deserve the title.
A team that can beat ARSENAL, CHELSEA and SPURS(SHITTY LONDON CLUBS) have done more than enough to win the Milk Cup.

IT'S EXTRA TIME NOW.
If it remains 3-0 till the 120th min then Burnley would go through.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 10:39pm On Jan 21, 2009
Is there away goal rule in the carling cup?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 10:39pm On Jan 21, 2009
dayokanu:

Is there away goal rule in the carling cup?

Yes!!! But it counts after EXTRA TIME.
Such a weird RULE.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 10:42pm On Jan 21, 2009
I am now OFFCIALLY a Burnley fan!!!!!

London clubs are the worst in the Universe!!!!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 10:45pm On Jan 21, 2009
dayokanu:

I am now OFFCIALLY a Burnley fan!!!!!

London clubs are the worst in the Universe!!!!!!!!

It is no surprise NONE of em has been able to win the UCL.
They lack the cutting edge and self-belief.
Arsenal pressed panic buttons after leading Barcelona for a long time and allowed Etoo n Belletti to rape em.
John Terry(12 yards a way and a free shot) and the bastard couldn't hit the TARGET despite VDS showing him where to put the ball.
It's pathetic. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 11:03pm On Jan 21, 2009
Burnley just hold on
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 11:07pm On Jan 21, 2009
dayokanu:

Burnley just hold on

9 mins to go.
Ade AKINBIYI has been thrown up top and Burnley has resorted to 5-4-1. grin grin grin
I hope Ferguson is watching these lads. Chris Eagles is a gem. We shouldn't have sold his ass to Burnley.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 11:09pm On Jan 21, 2009
whatever they can do to hold on.even if lining up 11 players on the goal line
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 11:13pm On Jan 21, 2009
GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

PAVLYUCHENKO SCORES FOR SPURS!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 11:13pm On Jan 21, 2009
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spuds scores angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 11:14pm On Jan 21, 2009
GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

DEFOE SCORES AGAIN.

THIS IS A SUCKER PUNCH.

SPURS do it the Man Utd way(UCL 99 @ Nou Camp anyone??) grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by MrCrackles(m): 11:17pm On Jan 21, 2009
embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2012/2013 / Arsenal Vs Manchester United (1 - 3) On 2nd December 2017 / Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.