Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,373 members, 7,958,016 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:24 AM

APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east (55332 Views)

Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east / APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east / APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east by Nnemuka(f): 10:10am On Apr 18, 2015

4 Likes

Re: APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east by Fourwinds: 10:11am On Apr 18, 2015
MCMLXXVI:

I will keep saying this, you people are too dumb, and will remain dumb.
Tell me how the so called Senate Presidency should mean anything to the lives of the people whose tribesman occupies the seat.
Tell me how Okadigbo positively played any role on the lives of Igbos.
Tell me how Evan(s) Enwerem's Senate Presidency influenced the lives of Igbos.
Tell me how Wabara influenced the lives of Igbos.
Tell me how Bankole's speakership helped Ogun State become New York.
Now, tell me how David Mark's 8-year Senate Presidency helped transform Idomas to astronauts, billionaires and nuclear scientists.

When will you people get it through your skulls that success is not measured by the number of public offices your tribesman occupies? If it were to be so, the North wouldn't be the haven of backwardness it is today.

We got rid of Ngige. And if given the chance, we'd vote him out again, because in ALL his 4 years at the Senate, he was a fucckking benchwarmer who did nothing for his constituents.

Deal with that and stop being a buffoon. Stop crying more than the bereaved already. You're starting to bore.
all dis people u make mention of are from PDP which has been kicked out at d centre. Do u know it was d effort of Bankole a over head bridge was contructed in Ota dat brought friction between d den governor of Ogun state. So in his fours years as speaker, he added something to his people. It is ur Igbo clad dat has dat mentality of not doing anything for deir own. In d case of David Mark, whose fault? D Idoma people and d PDP is known for not having listening ears ok
Re: APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east by Nnemuka(f): 10:11am On Apr 18, 2015

1 Like

Re: APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east by nduchucks: 10:12am On Apr 18, 2015
kosovo:

Keep Quite and stop all these nonsense..

You don't know what democracy is.

Even Obama retained Bush's Defence Secretary despite fierce criticism.. Go learn how democracy is practiced in leading nations. You ethnic bigot!

If the APC can't come to reality that it can't be accepted everywhere in a multi ethno country like Nigeria, then they are far from understanding the concept of Democracy.

Once you emerge the president. You are no longer the president of APC, you are the president of Nigeria, God damnit!!!

Is this the concept of Change they preached to deceive Gullible Nigerians? I expect that if PDP acted like this, the APC won't! Since they claim to represent the future of Nigerians.

We are watching, APC will know that government is more difficult when the people's awareness and alertness is over 80% now in Nigeria. Unlike when it was just 35% during OBJ's administration where they governed with reckless abandonment and total impunity.!!

You made some good points in your post and your concerns are not out of line at all.

You will see the inclusion of technocrats and experts from every geopolitical zone including the SE in this administration. Buhari is indeed the President of Nigeria and he will rule as such.

We must also note that in a democracy such as ours or that of the USA, the majority of senators and members of the house of representatives pick their leaders by voting, and as you know, majority will always carry the day.

It is therefore totally expected that APC lawmakers will indeed elect the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the house. It is also within the rights of APC leadership to decide or suggest which zone the said leaders will come from. In a democracy, the opposition really has no say in these matters if they do not have the votes.

I accept and embrace democracy - that is what we are seeing in action.

1 Like

Re: APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east by Nnemuka(f): 10:13am On Apr 18, 2015
Re: APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east by cocoduck: 10:13am On Apr 18, 2015
Etinosajay:

You called someone a f00l and u say that's not abusive? Wow, it must be very hard to be in your shoes. I sympathise with you.

Speak a better English? So u speak with your fingers? Like a dumb person?
I did not abuse you, the truth is very, very bitter. I speak, read and write English better than you do.
Offemannu will never rest. Hahahahaha
Re: APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east by Fourwinds: 10:15am On Apr 18, 2015
Mykevp2p:

How can all be PDP in SE when Anambra is APGA and Imo state APC? by the way, if you have no problem with North West being APC, why do you care so much about SE being PDP.

People like you keep talking about the SE rejecting their best candidate won't see anything wrong with Adamawa rejecting Ribadu who was clearly the best candidate, only that he is in PDP.
for me it pained me Ribadu couldn't win. It was d PDP-PHOBIA dat affected him.
Re: APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east by creamyzone: 10:18am On Apr 18, 2015
Bukola Saraki may be from the north central but he is a confirmed yoruba man. Just like there are igbos in delta state(SS) and yorubas from Edo state(SS). His siblings all have yoruba names(gbemisola, laolu and bola). Bukola remains the best candidate for senate president judging from his antecedent and track record.

He is a professional(a doctor trained abroad with a successful medical practice). If you doubt it, you can google it.

He is not fanatical when it comes to religion, infact it is believed that he is not a practicing moslem. Bukola's mum and wife are both christians so he will lead without religious sentiments

He was a former special advicer to Obasanjo

He has governed a state for 8years and served in the senate for 4years

He is perhaps the most influential serving senator with a strong network with the richest nigerians(dangote, otedola, adenuga and other silver kids are his friends even before he became governor to mention a few names)

He was born into wealth not like others who came into politics as ordinary people and with a poverty mindset.

George akume has no chance being from benue state and also because david mark was the last senate president.

For my south east brothers, please I urge you to support the present government for peace to reign and to promote national development. God bless nigeria

1 Like

Re: APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east by RichDad1(m): 10:18am On Apr 18, 2015
LTSHANGY:

Mr Teacher, Nnamdi Azikiwe was a Governor-general from 1960-1963. Became the 1St PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA FROM 1963-1966.. I guess you never knew Nigeria became a Republic in 1963.. Better go and attend night classes, being an Omo nile won't help you..
Lol @ Omo onile. But the party belongs to the Northerners. So why all the hate?
I still stand by my stand, the SEasterners should learn the blue print of how Zik achieved all he does. Chest beating and ethno-religious cards won't move that region forward.
One Nigeria is a must. QED
Re: APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 18, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
As long as Amaechi, Ngige and Osita Izunaso are given appointments, I am very ok with it

God bless APC

Why didn't you vote ngige?
Re: APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east by Fourwinds: 10:19am On Apr 18, 2015
Arysexy:
[s][/s]

Anambra is not pdp but APGA, dumbo

Imo is APC, akuya
u must be useless when correcting someone. A person like u don't have any excuse when ur teachers refuse to answer ur questions. Because u are dumb and bitter to know dat insults don't go hand in hand when correcting someone.
Re: APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east by kinibigdeal(m): 10:20am On Apr 18, 2015
North again!!!
Re: APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east by anibestlala(m): 10:22am On Apr 18, 2015
silami:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/apc-zones-senate-presidency-to-ncentral-speaker-to-neast/207122/
am not an apc fan but I commend their transparency and fairness to all parts of the country. I also like the stance of the president elect and his focus on integrity of appointees.
Re: APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east by Fourwinds: 10:25am On Apr 18, 2015
Nashoji:
to avoid the same mistake you imagine S/E made, you really need took into the future of your English. it is so pathetic, no offence.
u already took offence. If not, ur concern should have been to correct d wrong. FYI, i meant to Say South South should be count out because Edo state has a Senator from APC. Ok
Re: APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east by anibestlala(m): 10:28am On Apr 18, 2015
creamyzone:
Bukola Saraki may be from the north central but he is a confirmed yoruba man. Just like there are igbos in delta state(SS) and yorubas from Edo state(SS). His siblings all have yoruba names(gbemisola, laolu and bola). Bukola remains the best candidate for senate president judging from his antecedent and track record.

He is a professional(a doctor trained abroad with a successful medical practice). If you doubt it, you can google it.

He is not fanatical when it comes to religion, infact it is believed that he is not a practicing moslem. Bukola's mum and wife are both christians so he will lead without religious sentiments

He was a former special advicer to Obasanjo

He has governed a state for 8years and served in the senate for 4years

He is perhaps the most influential serving senator with a strong network with the richest nigerians(dangote, otedola, adenuga and other silver kids are his friends even before he became governor to mention a few names)

He was born into wealth not like others who came into politics as ordinary people and with a poverty mindset.

George akume has no chance being from benue state and also because david mark was the last senate president.

For my south east brothers, please I urge you to support the present government for peace to reign and to promote national development. God bless nigeria
I quite agree with you that he is quite the candidate to beat.
Re: APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east by Alexandro2(m): 10:30am On Apr 18, 2015
A sad igbo boy
Re: APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east by Fourwinds: 10:30am On Apr 18, 2015
Nashoji:
to avoid the same mistake you imagine S/E made, you really need look into the future of your English. it is so pathetic, no offence.
i hope i have answered u. A good teacher is patient and humble when giving correct once he/she discovers them
Re: APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east by holums(m): 10:35am On Apr 18, 2015
Chigold101:
i hate reading comments like this. People who dont understand politics like you just come here and blab besed on sentiment.

Why didnt they give SW senate president or speaker? Didnt south west have APC senators & members of the house of reps? Do not be decieved by all these bruhaha. Even if SE have 8 senators they will still not give it to them.

Let me tell you what just happend in this election, cos i am sure you dont know:
:the north conspired against the yorubas & gave APC/GMB more votes than the SW so that SW wont claim that it is their votes that brought APC to power.
2: the north made sure that APC won almost all the governorship election in the north to make sure that they control governors‘ forum. The way they will control green & red chambers.
3: as it stands sir, SW will revolt soon when they discover that they have just been relegated to the background despite all they “felt“ they did to bring APC to the centre.

Now back on SE: the best office you can give to any region is SGF. If they love Ngige & Rochas they should make one of them SGF. But i think it will go to Amaechi but if the senate president & speakership remains like this, then it might go to Fashola or anybody from SW.

SGF is the next powerful person after the president.

As onye igbo, am happy we didnt vote for APC. Am happy we voted our conscience. Am happy for the first time in a very long time, we spoke with one voice. Am so happy that soon all the northerners in PDP will scamper into APC and the SW will feel maginalized in a party they built, and they will come begging for SE to form another mega opposition party.

Soon APGA/PDP will become one party.

Ndi Igbo kwezuenuooooooooo!!!!!!

Tell them that I said... The north is playing a HUGE fast one on the SW... TRUST ME!

Although PDP won 3 states in the North making it a party with national outlook but APC vote is a lopsided one not covering all geo-political zones................U av a point but Nigerians don't seems to be sensitive in dis aspect 'cos average Northerner don't believe in equity and balance, they are nepotic in their attitude in couple of months Tinubu, Akande and co will be sidelined and northern agenda will be on point like d days of Yar'Adua. I admire d courage of SE and SS for d 1st time they voted opposition good for democracy cos since 1999 they voted Obasanjo and Yar'Adua respectively.
Re: APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east by Arsenate(m): 10:38am On Apr 18, 2015
Nnemuka:

An Igbo man isn't selfish. Once he has enough money he invests in his brother not just biological but those from other states.
He goes back to his hometown, chooses another young man, trains him and afterwards empowers him to be a successful man which he also does to another man and the wealth spreads.
And do you know how a rich man is known in igbo land? By community service. They build roads and provide basic amenities without waiting for government that was why the igboland compared to Northern and SW areas is more developed than other region.

What has those ppl (yorubas and hausa) in forbes richest list done for their immediate families and communities? Have they sent anyone on scholarship? Have they built a single road in their states? What have a rich yoruba man done for you or immediate family.
Lol I think you are just lying to yourself to feel good. trust me the roads in the north are far better than those in the south east...fact. secondly, I'm finding it difficult to believe that iboland is such a cool place to live in. I mean you ibos don't even like to live their and that region probably has the least visitors in the country. let's face the truth...no one wanna live their. even you ibos. all these chest beatings won't change the reality on ground.
Re: APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east by LTSHANGY: 10:45am On Apr 18, 2015
RichDad1:

Lol @ Omo onile. But the party belongs to the Northerners. So why all the hate?
I still stand by my stand, the SEasterners should learn the blue print of how Zik achieved all he does. Chest beating and ethno-religious cards won't move that region forward.
One Nigeria is a must. QED

I won't point fingers.. Am not tribalistic.. But I believe No senator or House of Reps or Assembly member works for the masses, They work for their pocket.. Meanwhile, you and i can help change the way the Nigerian government is being runned.. Join us at All Nigerian youth Innitiatives on fb or whatsapp with us on 0814 923 8032. You will be highly welcomed..
Re: APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east by Jaypea98: 10:47am On Apr 18, 2015
FreeGlobe:

and yet south east is calling the shots. When will yoruba produce a senate president or cbn governor?
Is David mark from the south east?
Re: APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east by FreeGlobe(f): 11:08am On Apr 18, 2015
martineverest:
Oga,am a niger deltan.....served in oyo state(ibadan to be precised).......i can tell u dat with xception of prtharcourt,there is no city in s/south and s/east that can match ibadan in terms of development and industries.
shut your trap, maybe when you visit Enugu, Owerri, Onitsha, you will come back to correct your nonsense
Re: APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east by honourhim: 11:10am On Apr 18, 2015
Lushcream:
I'm a Yoruba boy and I think people whose mentality are in your direction are quite myopic. This is a democracy, Yoruba has always voted for opposition since return to democracy in 1999 ... We had AD which later broke into AC then ACN and now APC while the rest of the country go for PDP except few northern states with ANPP. The Igbo's believe in Jonathan/PDP and voted for PDP......

Being in the position of authority doesn't guarantee development, The Northern Nigeria occupy more than 50% of the positions in Nigeria, ruled more than 50% of Nigerian political years , have richer individuals than southerners thus record highest level of poverty index and underdevelopment in Nigeria.

let SE/SS also be in opposition and see how it feels, it is unhealthy for a whole nation to navigate one direction....

God bless you real good. Truths like this are what Nigerians need not some myopic opinion.
Re: APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:15am On Apr 18, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
No doubt, Bukola Saraki is going to be the next David Mark of the Senate

Lushcream:

Bukola Saraki should get the position of Senate President. It is not a birth right of Benue ....

If that happens, he will be following the footsteps of his late father, who was also the senate president in the time of Shehu Shagari.

1 Like

Re: APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east by Franzeez(m): 11:15am On Apr 18, 2015
MrKnowitall:

Good you are happy. You shall remain opposition for 16 years.

Am not like you, am very much OK with opposition as long as Naija is cool. I have no shit to loose, perherps do I stay in that our country where politicians use u and dump after election, I can't be deceived by politicians anymore. Am happy where I am.
Re: APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east by martineverest(m): 11:16am On Apr 18, 2015
U re a big fo.ol.....
FreeGlobe:

shut your trap, maybe when you visit Enugu, Owerri, Onitsha, you will come back to correct your nonsense
Re: APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east by stinggy(m): 11:20am On Apr 18, 2015
FreeGlobe:

[s]and yet south east is calling the shots. When will yoruba produce a senate president or cbn governor?[/s]

Joseph Oladele Sanusi, former CBN governor is a Yoruba man.
Abubakar Bukola Saraki, incoming Senate president is a Yoruba man.

1 Like

Re: APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east by FreeGlobe(f): 11:20am On Apr 18, 2015
martineverest:
U re a big fo.ol.....
yoruba boy claiming niger deltan, get this to your thick skull, apart from Lagos state, SE as a region is far ahead of South west economically and otherwise.
Re: APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east by Olufhemy(m): 11:22am On Apr 18, 2015
Raiders:
I hope APC learn from PDP mistake. We should stop zoning politics in Nigeria and start need to appointing the best people for the job

Lovely,but thank me later when you discover that S.14(3) of the Nigerian constitution stipulates that the composition of the Govt. Of the Federation must reflect the federal character(which means all regions must be reflected).
Your claim will only surface where a Geo-political Zone cannot produce any good head (or could they all be daft?---NO)
In this case however,let me say that the SE shot them selves in the Leg because d house rule provides that the dominant party occupy the top positions. Opposition is however good 4 our growing democracy,so the SE & SS will make do with Minority leader,chief Whip et al.

1 Like

Re: APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east by Mrford(m): 11:23am On Apr 18, 2015
Yungwizzzy:
See opportunity my SE/SS brothers just lost

I'm sorry hate will make we igbos forever remain followers

I feel like weeping. I don't understand why they hated APC. see what it has caused us. its a pity.
Re: APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east by tuniski: 11:25am On Apr 18, 2015
RichDad1:

I understand your point of view. In as much as I believe a vibrant opposition is good for the nations democracy, the SE should have atlases try not to put all their eggs in one basket. Throughout the years that the SW had been in the opposition, the voting patterns are not always bloc. You'll see a state with AC governor and PDP senators or HOR member and vice versa.

Anyways, interesting time is ahead for our democracy.
God bless FRN
had buhari lost what would have been the faith of his ethnic north? They voted everything APC. Victory of ApC doesn't make them saints perfect strategists and others dumb asses! It is electoral victory not electoral success we shall know by 2019 who made mistake!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Just In- Lagoon Suicide: Allwel Orji Makes A New Video, Says “am Alive!” / Soldiers Kill More Boko Haram Militants,Recover Weapons In Borno. Graphic Photos / Yemi Osinbajo Booed In A Market Where He Went For Trader Moni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.