Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,823 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

7 Reasons To Get Married And Live Happily Ever After - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Reasons To Get Married And Live Happily Ever After (1855 Views)

Girl Brags And Happily Post Photos Of Herself And A Guy After They Had Sex / 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify / 15 sure ways you can live happily and peacefully with any woman. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons To Get Married And Live Happily Ever After by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 18, 2015
Given the number of couples getting divorced and so many others living in unhappy marriages, a lot of young couples do not want to tier the nuptial knot and instead settle for a live-in relationship.

But, the sanctity that marriage brings in cannot be denied. Of course, being married to a person is a huge step and you must think about it carefully before you take the plunge.

Marriage was never meant to curb your freedom. Instead, it stands for a long term, committed relation or bond shared by two people.

Here are 7 reasons to get married and live happily ever after

1. Commitment
Whether you admit it or not, most people who are in a relationship do not feel bound by commitment very strongly as they feel that breaking out of a relationship is no big deal. It’s after getting married that people tend to take their relationship and their partner a lot more seriously.

2. When you experience true love
We go through various relationships in life and when we look back at them, we realize most of them were far from being serious in nature. We decide to get married when we feel we have found someone whom we can love for the rest of our lives. Why did we not think of getting married when we were in relationships before? That’s because there was something amiss in them and they did not seem complete. But, one relationship or should we say, one person changes it all. That person becomes our topmost priority and we cannot imagine a life without them.

3. When you become mature enough
You had your fun. Now you look at life with a serious perspective. You feel you are ready to handle a relationship and sustain it for a long time. Gone are the days when you were commitment phobic or did not know how to channelize the relationship in a particular direction. You have grown up and are mature enough to get married.

4. Growing old
Almost all your friends have got married and they keep pestering you to settle down too. As much as you hate to admit it, age is catching up fast what with your hair turning grey. It is time you start looking for a partner who would be compatible with you and willing to share a life with you.

5. You feel lonely
You are surrounded by many people but deep down you are lonely. There is no one you can talk to or share your feelings with. You wish to have just one person whom you can love unconditionally and who would reciprocate your feelings. Finding the right life partner and getting married to them will drive away your loneliness forever and make you a happy person.

6. Make your parents happy
Your parents have done a lot for you. Whatever you are today is because of them. Nothing would make them happier than seeing you settle down in life. It’s every parent’s dream to see their child getting married. Do not get married because of pressure but you could look for a suitable partner to get married to. Just put in some effort and you might stumble upon a good life partner. That would make everybody happy.

7. Children
Nothing makes you happier than hearing the laughter of children. You love playing with your friends’ children and secretly, wish to have your own someday. Getting married would be the first step towards making your wish come true. Find a partner who would be as compassionate about raising children as you are. Both of you could get married and start your own family together

Source: http://likelovequotes.com/10-reasons-to-get-married-and-live-happily-ever-after/

cc: Farano
seun
lalasticlala
mynd44
ishilove
Re: 7 Reasons To Get Married And Live Happily Ever After by Hazardd(m): 8:07am On Apr 18, 2015
nice.....
Re: 7 Reasons To Get Married And Live Happily Ever After by gracile(f): 8:19am On Apr 18, 2015
I'm guessing 'to earn respect ' would be among the three you omitted
Re: 7 Reasons To Get Married And Live Happily Ever After by sinaj(f): 8:19am On Apr 18, 2015
thinking of how i wil bath diz cold water embarassed

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons To Get Married And Live Happily Ever After by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 18, 2015
gracile:
I'm guessing 'to earn respect ' would be among the three you omitted
Really? "earn respect?" i guess it depends on when the individual marries though, he/she can earn valuable respect when he/she marries when most of their friends are still single, but in a situation whereby almost all his/her pals are married i dont think earning respect will be a criteria
Re: 7 Reasons To Get Married And Live Happily Ever After by imbless: 8:26am On Apr 18, 2015
The main thing that brings happiness in marriage is bleeping
Take it or leave it
Re: 7 Reasons To Get Married And Live Happily Ever After by gracile(f): 8:32am On Apr 18, 2015
sexyseun:
Really? "earn respect?" i guess it depends on when the individual marries though, he/she can earn valuable respect when he/she marries when most of their friends are still single, but in a situation whereby almost all his/her pals are married i dont think earning respect will be a criteria
ofcourse! I wasn't saying otherwise, i meant to say to earn respect is one the reasons one should get married
You prolly misunderstood me
Re: 7 Reasons To Get Married And Live Happily Ever After by habeebcole: 10:26am On Apr 18, 2015
i c
Re: 7 Reasons To Get Married And Live Happily Ever After by proficienc(m): 3:43pm On Apr 18, 2015
sexyseun:
Hi dear, please edit the bolded... criterion is the word you are looking for.
Cheers!
Re: 7 Reasons To Get Married And Live Happily Ever After by Brymo: 3:17pm On Apr 20, 2015
One day, I hope to get married. I want to
join families and take a name and live a life
fully dedicated to the person I love. But
there are many things that I want before
that, things that I feel will make living with
someone that much more comfortable and
fulfilling. I want a wedding to be icing on
the cake, not the one moment of
“adulthood” I get to act out in a decade of
life. And I understand its importance, and
why we love it, but I suppose I wish we
didn’t care about it quite as much. I wish
that it wasn’t the one thing for which we
really celebrate and acknowledge each
other. Because, yes, getting married is a
wonderful thing. But in the grand scheme
of what deserves four hundred Facebook
“likes,” I would say that paying off a big
chunk of your loans is way higher on the
list
Re: 7 Reasons To Get Married And Live Happily Ever After by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 21, 2015
Brymo:
One day, I hope to get married. I want to
join families and take a name and live a life
fully dedicated to the person I love. But
there are many things that I want before
that, things that I feel will make living with
someone that much more comfortable and
fulfilling. I want a wedding to be icing on
the cake, not the one moment of
“adulthood” I get to act out in a decade of
life. And I understand its importance, and
why we love it, but I suppose I wish we
didn’t care about it quite as much. I wish
that it wasn’t the one thing for which we
really celebrate and acknowledge each
other. Because, yes, getting married is a
wonderful thing. But in the grand scheme
of what deserves four hundred Facebook
“likes,” I would say that paying off a big
chunk of your loans is way higher on the
list
can't u settle off for a moderate and less expensive wedding?
Re: 7 Reasons To Get Married And Live Happily Ever After by xynerise: 3:29pm On Apr 21, 2015
There is no such thing as "Happily ever after"
Re: 7 Reasons To Get Married And Live Happily Ever After by Brymo: 4:21pm On Apr 21, 2015
sexyseun:
can't u settle off for a moderate and less expensive wedding?
sure, why not?
But it's a two way tin, since its take two to tangle. So suggestions from both sides r necessary.
Re: 7 Reasons To Get Married And Live Happily Ever After by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 21, 2015
Brymo:
sure, why not?
But it's a two way tin, since its take two to tangle. So suggestions from both sides r necessary.
hmmmm u are right though but u are still d man and u can talk to ur lady about how d wedding iish can be am sure she will understand
Re: 7 Reasons To Get Married And Live Happily Ever After by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 21, 2015
xynerise:
There is no such thing as "Happily ever after"
there is, how will u dare say so? Anyway from all ur post on NL u have never smiled or use d smile emoticon b4. U are a kill-joy, a man hater
Re: 7 Reasons To Get Married And Live Happily Ever After by Brymo: 4:33pm On Apr 21, 2015
sexyseun:
hmmmm u are right though but u are still d man and u can talk to ur lady about how d wedding iish can be am sure she will understand
u know most women dream of this day, its one of their most cherished heart desire. I would do this, this and that. U know what's up naw. So if their hubby 2 be comes up with a different plan, there would surely be a lot of contentions.
Re: 7 Reasons To Get Married And Live Happily Ever After by xynerise: 4:33pm On Apr 21, 2015
sexyseun:
there is, how will u dare say so? Anyway from all ur post on NL u have never smiled or use d smile emoticon b4. U are a kill-joy, a man hater

(1) (Reply)

Why Do University Girls Like Married Men Like This / Be Yourself Or Be A Shadow Of Who You Want To Be / Are You Smart Check This Out, If You Were Sent Into The Past.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.