Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,560 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? (13003 Views)

5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers / How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? / Prophetic Warfare Prayers For Destroying Witchcraft Spiritual Feedings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by humblesteve(m): 11:21am On Apr 19, 2015
No its not.
Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by AriDsexy(f): 11:22am On Apr 19, 2015
Depends on ur relationship with God and d faith u have while making ur request known

Some people just praise and u see miracles happening.
Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 19, 2015
Lolz

Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 19, 2015
UfuomaUN:

what about prayer leaders or pastors that lead long prayer sessions. would u say they lack faith also?

New International Version
And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.

New Living Translation
"When you pray, don't babble on and on as people of other religions do. They think their prayers are answered merely by repeating their words again and again.

English Standard Version
“And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words.

New American Standard Bible
"And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words.

King James Bible
But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
When you pray, don't babble like the idolaters, since they imagine they'll be heard for their many words.

International Standard Version
"When you are praying, don't say meaningless things like the unbelievers do, because they think they will be heard by being so wordy.

I think these is enough to support my opinion cheesy

Ref: Matthew 6:7

1 Like

Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by VIPERVENOM(m): 11:24am On Apr 19, 2015
Nope. They're the most annoying
Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by manuelpepper: 11:24am On Apr 19, 2015
today is sunday .....yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

i must fuk as usual.
Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by dallyemmy: 11:26am On Apr 19, 2015
The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much

1 Like

Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 19, 2015
when before I ask God answer why pray long then? My longest prayer has been 1 minute... It takes Faith
Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by KMB: 11:27am On Apr 19, 2015
UfuomaUN:
One boring thing about church service this days is the long prayers. Don't get me wrong. I'm not against spending time praying to God or stuff like that. I just feel that when prayers get prolonged people loose interest most times especially when they have run out of words.

I remember a certain time I was in a church service and the prayers lasted an hour! Knowing too well that the bible emphasises praying straight to the point and avoiding repetition of words while praying (God is not deaf after all) so why then do people pray for too long?

Are long prayers more effective?

Not how long at all o. To me it's how well.
Chai where do I start.

1. If it is the will of God.

2. Your faith and belief 1 John 5:15 you are praying and doubting. It won't happen

3. James 4:3 you pray amiss. e.g asking God to give you money to be able to oppress.

4. Matthew 7:7 Ask you shall be given.....
Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by joebeckz(m): 11:27am On Apr 19, 2015
well
Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 19, 2015
AriDsexy:
Depends on ur relationship with God and d faith u have while making ur request known

Some people just praise and u see miracles happening.
sure... but Long prayer is idolatrous
Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 19, 2015
dallyemmy:
The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much
fervency is not long prayers but Simple act of Fellowship with God

1 Like

Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by Kei144(m): 11:31am On Apr 19, 2015
Everything depends on the extent of your spiritual knowledge and attainment. Long prayer is necessary when the minister of the gospel or child of God is preparing her/himself in solitude. When ministering, or handling a problem, in the public, prayer should be very short. In fact, it should be more of decreeing (Job 22:28). The decree will be done if you built up enough divine power in you while you prepared in solitude.

Ph. 4:13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 19, 2015
But speaking in tongues is a gift of the spirit. Bible says its edifying. It gives boldness and you are speaking direct to God. Praying in the spirit.[My Offline Bible] 1 Corinthians 14
2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.
Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by Aystarz: 11:33am On Apr 19, 2015
And the funny thing about it is that some of these so-called prayer warriors aren't even righteous enough to stand before God in making petitions (requests) let alone possess the activated faith needed to make those prayers effective.

When many ask in prayers, it's most times for their selfish and lustful desires (James 5). E.g. Prayer point : Please make me rich Father: Real Intention /Purpose : So I could show off to my enemies. When it could be Prayer point: Father supply my needs and extra, so I could help the needy and downtrodden. Anytime when dem start dia ineffectual long prayers, Me I just swerve for one corner and say ''Let thy Will be Done O Lord''. That's it for me.
Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by Ayomidegbenga1(m): 11:34am On Apr 19, 2015
It all depends on how the Holy spirit directs you.That is why most of time churches don't work with time these days.May thy Lord help His children,Happy Sunday.
Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by UfuomaUN(m): 11:34am On Apr 19, 2015
ignis:
Whether long or short prayer, it depends on your faith.
So many people like op, mistake prayers to be just asking whatever you need from God. But, praising and worshiping God, telling him how great he is, is also prayer, and can last all day.
Even if it's a prayer of demand requesting a miracle some people still take theirs as if God would be impressed with the length of the prayer.
Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by Nicepoker(m): 11:38am On Apr 19, 2015
motiond166:
Thanks to God almighty for the success of this new cheat,
am Emmy the chief hacker of our time, it is what I know how
to do better than many people meanwhile just got this hot
browsing packages which are 18GB of etisalate, 26GB of mtn,
46GB of airtel and 96GB of glo. If you still pay to buy
browsing packages then you are lacking behind, I keep them
at the affordable prices and if you are not a serious type
don't make mistake of contacting me cos I am a busy guy and
got no time to waste@ 0 7 0 3 8 3 0 4 5 9 4
scam.

1 Like

Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by Toks2008(m): 11:40am On Apr 19, 2015
UfuomaUN:
One boring thing about church service this days is the long prayers. Don't get me wrong. I'm not against spending time praying to God or stuff like that. I just feel that when prayers get prolonged people loose interest most times especially when they have run out of words.

I remember a certain time I was in a church service and the prayers lasted an hour! Knowing too well that the bible emphasises praying straight to the point and avoiding repetition of words while praying (God is not deaf after all) so why then do people pray for too long?

Ofcourse not.

A minute prayer that is fervent and done with faith and ofcourse sealing it up in Jesus name will be more effective than 10hours of faithless prayer.
Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by lordkrato(m): 11:44am On Apr 19, 2015
See how people ahev derailed the thread with their advertisements
Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by Oseman07(m): 11:58am On Apr 19, 2015
Some pple know how 2 repeat prayer so as to gain the reward of some pple that they are prayer warrios...[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by akoaki(m): 12:00pm On Apr 19, 2015
God is a spirit and relates with humans as such. The deaf and dumb do make requests to God in prayers and God answers them according to HIS WILL. God is omnipresent, omniscience, omnipotent and omnibenevolent. Jesus confirmed that whatever you ask from God in prayers, believe it will be done but with a caveat: only if your request is in agreement with God's plan for you.
So what is the need for endless noisy prayers? I think long prayers was a tool devised by modern day fraudulent pastors to enslave, deceive, confuse and exploit their congregation for their own selfish purposes. Many are perished because they lack knowledge, so says the lord of hosts.
Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by jaffi: 12:07pm On Apr 19, 2015
Hmm! If na movies u go fit spend all d day but wen it comes to God its a different matter.

Long prayer r not always most effective!
Prayers require faith whether long or short...but most important prayers is fellowship!

Jesus talked abt 1hr prayer test..cant u tarry wit mi in prayers for 1hr? He told his disciples!

Mar 14:37
37 And he cometh, and findeth them sleeping, and saith unto Peter, Simon, sleepest thou? couldest not thou watch one hour?
(KJV).

..if u dont pray in tougues... U repeat words nd u get bored...d flesh is always weak wen it comes to d tons of God.

1 Like

Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by slap1(m): 12:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
I prefer regular prayers to long prayers. One pastor said he may never pray for thirty minutes, but he'll definitely pray every thirty minutes.
Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 19, 2015
Prayer is like doing nothing yet thinking you proffering solution to a predicament,total waste of time when you talking to yourself and not being pragmatic with your self!
Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by omortoyosi01(m): 12:18pm On Apr 19, 2015
motiond166:
Thanks to God almighty for the success of this new cheat,
am Emmy the chief hacker of our time, it is what I know how
to do better than many people meanwhile just got this hot
browsing packages which are 18GB of etisalate, 26GB of mtn,
46GB of airtel and 96GB of glo. If you still pay to buy
browsing packages then you are lacking behind, I keep them
at the affordable prices and if you are not a serious type
don't make mistake of contacting me cos I am a busy guy and
got no time to waste@ 0 7 0 3 8 3 0 4 5 9 4
nonsense scam... A normal sim card cannot take more than 18gb which is very rare... For ur information I work with a telecommunication company... Olodo
Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by hamilton62(m): 12:22pm On Apr 19, 2015
UfuomaUN:

The length of the prayers especially in intercessory depends on the grace and appetite of the intercessor... Remember, the bible said; iron sharpneth iron and so does one sharpen the countenance of a brother...
If you key in with the intercessor or the prayer leader then you will see the above quote come to manifest and more light to it, the bible said in the nbook of roman that our body is weak but the spirit interceededs on our behalf...
Long prayers on point is a virtue of grace that you can't tell if you are doing it because you are riding on the frequency of the spirit... Most times when the spirit subsides in the intercession, you'll then discover that you've spent hours which wasn't intentional... All boils down to one's spiritual antenna
Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by Cutehector(m): 12:23pm On Apr 19, 2015
They want to be like paul and silas... But hey, no angel will wish to come down frm heaven to perform miracles when thr is hypocrisy in d land..
Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by mmsen: 12:25pm On Apr 19, 2015
Long or short, all prayers are ineffective - if your god has predestined everything. If he is truly all knowing.

1 Like

Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by nwasteve(m): 12:28pm On Apr 19, 2015
Not @all,

Once you exhaust your prayer points, close and remain hopeful that your prayers have been answered. Long prayers are lack of personal organization. Another thing that annoys me a times is the nature of prayers being said, a situation where the congregation will be forced to shout on top of their voices
Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by AlphaDray: 12:29pm On Apr 19, 2015
hamilton62:

The length of the prayers especially in intercessory depends on the grace and appetite of the intercessor... Remember, the bible said; iron sharpneth iron and so does one sharpen the countenance of a brother...
If you key in with the intercessor or the prayer leader then you will see the above quote come to manifest and more light to it, the bible said in the nbook of roman that our body is weak but the spirit interceededs on our behalf...
Long prayers on point is a virtue of grace that you can't tell if you are doing it because you are riding on the frequency of the spirit... Most times when the spirit subsides in the intercession, you'll then discover that you've spent hours which wasn't intentional... All boils down to one's spiritual antenna
the FAITH one have in GOD believing ur prayers are Answered
Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by jaffi: 12:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
Long or short ? Faith determine your answer...the effectiveness!

Mar 14:37
37 And he cometh, and findeth them sleeping, and saith unto Peter, Simon, sleepest thou? couldest not thou watch one hour?
(KJV)

Jam 5:13-16
13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms. 14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. 16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
(KJV)

Mar 11:24
24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
(KJV)

1Jo 5:14-15
14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
(KJV)

There's a 1hour recommendation in d bible...and so also there are different kind of prayers...I personally spend in Gods prence beyond 1hour..nd it never bore!

You get to repetitions when:
1.you r self centered.. Me,family,my job etc...
2. Wen u r not full of d word
3 wen u dont even know what prayer really is...its fellowship
4. Wen u dont speak in other tongues...u can not pray effectively... I tell u.

D body is always ok wen its comes to feeding d flesh..movies,eating,clubbing,dancing, etc but wen it comes to God its always different.. Gods is always d victim!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Latest Prophecy This Night. / Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? / Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.