Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia (26795 Views)

7 Questions As Rohr Releases List For Senegal, Burkina Faso Friendlies / Top Stars May Opt Out Of Eagles Friendlies To Play For Yobo / NFF To Organise Three Matches For The Super Eagles In Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by rabzy: 12:29pm On Apr 20, 2015
Parolee:

No where in my post did I say killing foreigners was a good thing...I even mentioned that yesterday SAns including me prayed for it to stop.

There are guys here without a clue at all why they are here in the first place. The country is not doing very we economically so it can not support all of us.

Those living clean and doing meaning things can stay....but those who think can take over Hillbrow, Sunnyside, Point Road etc, do ad they please, cause mayhem and make these places no go zones for other people....I have a huge problem with them.

Don't kill them....just send them back to their countries. That's all.

No one has issues with this...the relevant govt agencies should send out all illegal aliens whether they are productive or not. What we are just saying is that these guys are debased, you dont hack people to death because they are illegal aliens who are taking your jobs. Nigeria has the same issues, Ghana does, America does, most economies of the world is struggling, Africans are taking up menial jobs in Europe. Its a global phenomenon and for SA to try and resolve it this way is beyond belief.
Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by chinli(m): 12:44pm On Apr 20, 2015
Parolee:

Its either you leave this matter alone because I can realise its too complex for your weak mind to try and understand it.....or better still, go read my posts again and tell me where I said I supported the killings. Whatever you are trying to say about the barber thing I'm sure you don't even understand it yourself.
I know my mind is weak to understand the complex situation but from your previous comments you didn't mention that they should kill them but it implies that they should be killed. Concerning the barber's issue what i said is understandable.
Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by Funnystar(m): 3:07pm On Apr 20, 2015
So una wan carry style bring Africans together in your country to kill them?> It won't workoooo!!

Just 48 hours and this madness do not stop..... You will hear from US!

FKO1:
SAFA CEO, Dennis SAFA CEO, Dennis Mumble, says they want use football to unite the people by organising two high-profile friendlies against our neighbouring countries.

“We want to use the two high-profile international friendly matches as an instrument to unite this continent. What has been happening in the past few days have really left most people in a shock and dismayed,” Mumble said in a statement released by SAFA.

“We have decided to take this step (of playing two high-profile international friendly matches) as part of the fight against xenophobia. Madiba spoke of the power of sport in uniting people from different walks of life and we want to use the power of football to unite this continent and kick out this scourge within certain malcontents in our society."

Mumble feels that the recent violence has dented the image of the country.

“Most sporting personalities have had their say in denouncing these barbaric acts but we want to go a step further by playing friendly matches against neighbouring countries. We want to send out a message to those perpetrating these acts to sit back and realise what they are doing is wrong.

“We are one continent, one Africa, we are all Africans and we say no to xenophobia.”

Details for the two international friendlies will be by SAFA in the next few days.

http://www.soccerladuma.co.za/news/articles/categories/bafana/safa-to-organise-two-high-profile-friendlies/207258

.. Lalasticlala
Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by naijafresh: 3:36pm On Apr 20, 2015
Parolee:

You sound look like a sensible fellow. Let me try paint the picture for you. First Hans information not some rubbish from the internet.

I personally do not have a problem with foreigners Nigerians etc who come here having a clear plan and valid reasons why they have to be here. In our office block we have two Nigerian guys, one running a males boutique and the other guy a combo of a saloon and a convenience shop. Clean shops these and good dealings...no funny stuff going on with these guys...that's good. I even enjoy talking to them a lot about Nigeria. So there are many SAns who share my view on this.

On the flip side. There are many other foreigners who are here who don't have a clue at all why are they here in the first place. They only heard that things are better in SA and because of our porous ports of entry these guys woke up the following day and they are in SA. That what they have come to do, they don't have the faintest idea at all. I'm talking about foreigners from peaceful countries they are all here....Nigerians, Ghanaians, Cameroonians, Somalis, Ethiopians, Congolese, Mozambicans, Zimbabweans, Zambians, Basotho, Swazis (they even cross the borders to try and get on our social grants fraudulently e.g. elderly citizens monthly grants), Pakistanis, Chinese etc....everybody is here. Now, when these people that came without any plan of action get trapped in the frustrations of daily survival struggles - they end up doing crime - if you think I don't know what I'm talking about go to Hillbrow Jhb, Sunnyside Pta, Point Road Dbn...these are just few examples. If it were your own country you wouldn't like to witness what the foreigners are getting up to in these areas. I am not exaggerating. I know what I'm talking about. These areas have turned and become no go zones for SAns in their own country. That is not acceptable. I want to believe no SAns are doing that I'm Nigeria.

How can you come all the way done here only to cut people's hair at R30.00 per cut or sell sweets by the pavement / roadside? It's not a viable thing to do....the poor chap must pay rent for his barber shop, pay rent where is accommodated, maintain himself, send money back home etc....it's just not viable through cutting people's hair or selling sweets.

I live in Nelspruit. Anderson Street in town is a well know brothel zone where local girls are hooked on drugs and work as sex slaves for their Nigerian masters. Its not acceptable. There's even a joint called ka-Nigerian where sleaze is the order of the day. Not acceptable - sex work is a criminal activity by SAn law. Don't do it, especially if you are a foreigner respect the laws of your host. These guys most of them are not contributing anything through taxes. The country is not coping, its all too much. Government departments like health and housing are overburdened trying to offer services firstly to SAns and also the foreigners.... I mean free state services....mind you the country has her own challenges e.g. slow economic growth. So, some thing had to give at some point.

Having said all this....I am totally against attacks on foreigners....all the cruel things that have been done is evil of the highest order. Almost the majority of SAns condemn these including government etc.

Most churches in SA this past Sunday were praying for peace and calm...I did that too. Just this Monday, there is a big rally happening in the Durban CBD where the King Goodwill Zwelithini who is seen as an instigator to this will state his side....so will the politicians.

I believe foreigners who are here because of valid and real reasons e.g. contributing to the economy through formal jobs that can be taxed, studying etc can remain here......but all the other guys like those cutting people's hair, selling sweets and cigarettes etc.....and all those roaming around aimlessly and loitterinf with nothing to do......need to seriously consider going back home to the countries of their origin.

I hope I have painted a very clear picture of what is going on here.

Thank you.

Thank you for your response, I took the time to read through it. I was pleased to note that you are against violence and mob justice. I agree with your views on people travelling to the so called 'land of milk and honey' without a plan only to live on the streets or resort to petty crime.

I experience that also in the country I live in but we don't go round killing all foreigners good or bad or practice mob justice.

Your government needs to be proactive not stand aside and let mob justice rule. Your government is silently complicit in all the killings and the majority of people on social media in SA feel it is alright because they are 'criminals', this is not right!

If I was one of the two Nigerians you describe in your block I would be fearful for my life, legitimate or not. A similar scenario is you travelling to the US and being thrown in jail because you came from a country with a history of violent crime and murder. Would you not feel a profound feeling of injustice?

If these people were rounded up by the police and the illegal aliens and criminals deported or jailed no one would complain about it afterall they are committing crimes and causing a nuisance.

We can't fling the doors of any country open for all sorts to come in but we can allow the legitimate foreigners live peacefully without fear of violence or economic loss.

SA needs to condemn the violence not support it that's the bottom line
Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 20, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
I'm sorry to say but your level of reasoning is appalling to say the least, I doubt if you've ever met a South African and yet you hear your countrymen going on and on about our laziness and you join in the bandwagon. Would South África be the counrty it is if it's citizens were lazy? White people? What's up with the worshiping of of white people on this site anyway? Are you projecting? Are you saying Nigeria won't be great because it has no white population? According to you, no new road, damns, universities, railway, stadiums, schools etc has been built post Apartheid? Who's responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of those old roads? Do all these require white people?

If you have a problem with a particular race it's your headache.
Black South Africans are a shame to Africa.
Have you been to SA before or been privilege to know the composition of committees they put in place for the World cup?
Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by KINGOFJAPAN: 1:49am On Nov 02, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
Let's be honest Nigerians never liked South Africa or South Africans in general,I've always read comments here on this website and I have noticed how everyone becomes negative as soon as the name South África is mentioned, calling us lazy, uneducated, HIV, ridiculing Zulu people etc. I've find it suprising that people now use this Xenophobia fiasco to justify their hatred for my country,,hatred that was there all along.
HUMBLE BEGINNINGS gringrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Arrests Robbers Who Attacked Ogenyi Onazi's Home In Jos / Norway Players Protest Against Human Rights Abuse In Qatar (Photos) / Kevin De Bruyne Wins PFA Footballer Of The Year 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.