Stats: 3,158,860 members, 7,838,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia - Foreign Affairs (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia (95147 Views)

Xenophobia: Protesters Dispersed By South African Police (Photos) / South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD / 2013 Xenophobia Video In South African (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by LeSudAfricaine: 11:12pm On Apr 20, 2015
RANDYMUDA:

Well...as said.. I don't have to show you anything.. Your attitude on this board and your back and forth banter is enough proof that you are getting at something. Whatever it is.. It is in your heart and you know it.. I Would not go on a South African website to defend the evil Nigerians are perpetrating anywhere.. I would condemn it and move on..

I just am a little tired of South Africans starting a sentence with I am not a XENOPHOBE BUT....then goes on into a xenophobic rant...same as a racist going I am not racist I have black friends but ...black people are blah blah Blah...

My friend..in all your posts on this topic and all your generalizations of Nigerians the heathrow rant... calling Nigerians rude because I told you that you are on a Nigerian site and helping us confirm "wrong" stereo types about South Africans.. you know who foreigners are and what they look like.. SMELLS A XENOPHOBE IN HIDING..Your posts are filled with it....

To the lies about Botwanas/swazis/ Lesotho etc,... all this other people though they share similar ancestry with you..Don't in anyway think like you guys and distance themselves from this madness....... It is funny that zimbabaweans and Mozmbiquans also have ancestry with you guys but your kinsmen kill them anyways..

I actually came to this site to condemn these attacks in the first place. Here's what you don't understand In south África almost everyone bar the Xenophobes themselves, is against these attacks, I know it's something you won't accept but it's true. The reason why I make these generalizations about Nigerians is that Im merely trying to show that generalizing is unfair,because all of a suddenN because I'm South African therefore I'm Xenophobic, I'm merely tryin to apply the same thing to Nigerians so you can see how unfair it is, No South African on this site has justified or supported these actions of a few,

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by morpheus24: 11:15pm On Apr 20, 2015
JiggamanGh:

This's true no matter how much we fight nigerians and Ghanaians will always be brothers and sisters.

Bros, I fit fight you or compete in football with you but I no wan kill you o!

make we Azonto abeg!

[flash=400, 300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfcKzQg9IxU[/flash]

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by RANDYMUDA: 11:16pm On Apr 20, 2015
My friend.. I am sorry if I made you feel that way.. I know it must be tough to be getting all that negative energy from all angles.. But I must say..I totally did not like what you and the other lady where doing with MORPHEUS...It got to a point where it seemed you were defending your kinsmen..hence me coming into the thread to condemn what I thought you guys were getting at..

Look.. There is no tribe or people that don't have their problems.. We in Nigeria are as bleeped up....in a different way.. But I would not go on a site where Nigerians are being condemned for something they did and get into a banter with the Nationals of that country condemning us... for me..It just seems like you are playing for the wrong party...
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by morpheus24: 11:21pm On Apr 20, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
I actually came to this site to condemn these attacks in the first place. Here's what you don't understand In south África almost everyone bar the Xenophobes themselves, is against these attacks, I know it's something you won't accept but it's true. The reason why I make these generalizations about Nigerians is that Im merely trying to show that generalizing is unfair,because all of a suddenN because I'm South African therefore I'm Xenophobic, I'm merely tryin to apply the same thing to Nigerians so you can see how unfair it is, No South African on this site has justified or supported these actions of a few,

I have ben arguing with South Africans on here for years about the same "generalization". IF you doubt it run a search on any of my posts, read through it carefully and see that I force ya''ll to stare your own stereotyping in the face

It is weird that these attacks have now forced some of you to realize this. Strange.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by LeSudAfricaine: 11:21pm On Apr 20, 2015
RANDYMUDA:

Because I do Know South Africans.. I have lived in your country and worked there as a medical doctor for years.... I have South African friends and I have interacted with the lowest of the low with mY work and to the upper classes...

I know you don't know Nigerians.. It totally is obvious around your stereo types....you know them from afar for the most part....
Stereotyping is the order of the day on the site. Er...you don't seem to understand my points, I'm merely Stereotyping because evryone is stereotying South Africans as these Xenophobic monsters,while were'not.And I've Interacted with Nigerians a lot sir for your information
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by RANDYMUDA: 11:22pm On Apr 20, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:

lastly..you can not apply the same thing to Nigerians because at this moment in time.. This issue is about YOUR KINSMEN....It is highly insensitive for you to try to derail a thread by turning the tables or making it about any other country but your selves.. Again...it is about taking responsibility..It is not the time for you to deflect or project the issues on another country.. especially because that is what your kinsmen are doing at the moment.. hence the violence ( Foreigners are criminals-deflecting, foreigners take our jobs-deflecting) . I am sorry but objectively you would help people reinforce stereotypes around South Africans..seemingly always looking for the next available race or country to blame for their own internal problems..
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by kingsjoe2020: 11:22pm On Apr 20, 2015
i really dont know what nigerians are still doing in that country it is not by force let nigerians leave and protect your life if you are not welcome in a house why are you still there
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by RANDYMUDA: 11:27pm On Apr 20, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
Stereotyping is the order of the day on the site. Er...you don't seem to understand my points, I'm merely Stereotyping because evryone is stereotying South Africans as these Xenophobic monsters,while were'not.And I've Interacted with Nigerians a lot sir for your information

Everyone stereotypes....I am not quite new here..so I don't know what shit goes down.. My point is ..you picked a wrong time to do it.. People are raw and sensitive now..You should have waited for things to blow over...

I don't belive South Africans are xenophobic blood thirsty axe wielding killers.. But I believe that a segment of your society actually possesses a latent unease with foreigners.....hence the constant flare ups of this attacKS.. offcourse it is totally incomprehensible that a whole society would stick their head into the same toilet bowl.....you guys have this..Nigerians have tribalism.. The difference is..we can own up to it....what are you guys doing about it?
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by RANDYMUDA: 11:30pm On Apr 20, 2015
morpheus24:

I have ben arguing with South Africans on here for years about the same "generalization". IF you doubt it run a search on any of my posts, read through it carefully and see that I force ya''ll to stare your own stereotyping in the face

It is weird that these attacks have now forced some of you to realize this. Strange.

You are a true patriot though!!! hehehehehe.. reading your posts and smiling...
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by LeSudAfricaine: 11:33pm On Apr 20, 2015
RANDYMUDA:

lastly..you can not apply the same thing to Nigerians because at this moment in time.. This issue is about YOUR KINSMEN....It is highly insensitive for you to try to derail a thread by turning the tables or making it about any other country but your selves.. Again...it is about taking responsibility..It is not the time for you to deflect or project the issues on another country.. especially because that is what your kinsmen are doing at the moment.. hence the violence ( Foreigners are criminals-deflecting, foreigners take our jobs-deflecting) . I am sorry but objectively you would help people reinforce stereotypes around South Africans..seemingly always looking for the next available race or country to blame for their own internal problems..

So what you essentially saying is that even though I'm against these acts of stupidity, and I come in peace , I should take the insults because my countrymen are responsible? I do not have to defend myself from being insulted and called a Xenophobe? I should just keep quiet because I'll be deemed to justify and support the attacks?

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by RANDYMUDA: 11:42pm On Apr 20, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
So what you essentially saying is that even though I'm against these acts of stupidity, and I come in peace , I should take the insults because my countrymen are responsible? I do not have to defend myself from being insulted and called a Xenophobe? I should just keep quiet because I'll be deemed to justify and support the attacks?

NO..You got me wrong...What insults? If I am on a site of a different country and my Kinsmen have done horrible.. It is either I condemn it and move on....or I read the posts and introspect.....I would not get into the thread and start bantering with upset people that either don't have a firm grasp of the issues or just want to talk down on my country because at the moment it is cool to do so.....I would not try and present my country men in a way or fashion that is not "wholly " true....I would not also start attacking the other angry different country persons on their site and telling them..you guys also did this..so you are as bad as us....That is not the time for that..The topic is about xenophobia in SOUTH AFRICA.....It is not about Nigerians atleast at the moment....you also don't have to wait around to be insulted..condemn and move on.....If you condemned in the highest fashion the attacks....then anyone coming for you is a bastard....you have done your part ..move on..

What has defending yourself in a foreign forum helped you achieve? It is different if someone started a topic on South Africans for malicious ends... but this is not the case /..at the moment something disturbing is emanating from your country and Nationals of other countries are upset about it.. Why try and get into a banter with angry people?
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by LeSudAfricaine: 11:45pm On Apr 20, 2015
RANDYMUDA:

Again the word "arrogance" is a word that I have heard a couple of SAFRICANS throw around wrongly....sorry man..you do not know me enough for me to "reek of arrogance".......If I made you feel that way...totally not my intention....but it would do you good not to always get into an inferior position when someone makes a statement from a place of knowing.. TRUST ME....I know you don't Nigerians....past Nigerians you have encountered here and there.. You must have lived in Nigeria to know Nigerians...
Noted!..And also please pass this message to your compatriots who keep making sweeping statements about a land they've never been to

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by LeSudAfricaine: 11:48pm On Apr 20, 2015
RANDYMUDA:

NO..You got me wrong...What insults? If I am on a site of a different country and my Kinsmen have done horrible.. It is either I condemn it and move on....or I read the posts and introspect.....I would not get into the thread and start bantering with upset people that either don't have a firm grasp of the issues or just want to talk down on my country because at the moment it is cool to do so.....I would not try and present my country men in a way or fashion that is not "wholly " true....I would not also start attacking the other angry different country persons on their site and telling them..you guys also did this..so you are as bad as us....That is not the time for that..The topic is about xenophobia in SOUTH AFRICA.....It is not about Nigerians atleast at the moment....you also don't have to wait around to be insulted..condemn and move on.....If you condemned in the highest fashion the attacks....then anyone coming for you is a bastard....you have done your part ..move on..

What has defending yourself in a foreign forum helped you achieve? It is different if someone started a topic on South Africans for malicious ends... but this is not the case /..at the moment something disturbing is emanating from your country and Nationals of other countries are upset about it.. Why try and get into a banter with angry people?
Once is on the net, the medium ceases to be foreign bru

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by LeSudAfricaine: 11:51pm On Apr 20, 2015
RANDYMUDA:

Let's just agree to disagree
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by RANDYMUDA: 12:02am On Apr 21, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
Once is on the net, the medium ceases to be foreign bru

Well..totally agree.. BUT... When I am on a site called ZARLAND...I would not go there to attack the ZAR PEOPLE....I have read your comments when you got into the thread.., It was as confrontational as the angry naira people.... Some South Africans complain that foreigners don't respect them...well....this is first and foremost a Nigerian site.. Please respect them..even if you think they are obnoxious
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by RANDYMUDA: 12:06am On Apr 21, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
Let's just agree to disagree

Bro.. as you like...But I would still maintain ..you came unto this site on a mission and it was not to condemn....I have read your first posts on this thread and they were on the scale 0 to 10..an 8 and offcourse favouring defense...

I would have agreed with you..If you condemned attacks and someone started insulting you.. You didn't and no one directly started insulting you.. Infact you quoted angry people saying all sorts and responded in a very condescending way to them.. But to each is its own..

We all learn everyday..I have learnt too.. Even in this conversation..# peace
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by RANDYMUDA: 12:08am On Apr 21, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
Noted!..And also please pass this message to your compatriots who keep making sweeping statements about a land they've never been to

Yes..I am always keen to pass information..Many thanks..
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by nametalkam: 12:11am On Apr 21, 2015
morpheus24:

Bros, I fit fight you or compete in football with you but I no wan kill you o!
make we Azonto abeg!
[flash=400, 300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfcKzQg9IxU[/flash]

If we redirect this energy of hate and dislike into togetherness and forwardness, o boy the achievementness of Nigerians or Africans go be greatness.

like em talk, #MakeWeAzontoAbeg!
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by RANDYMUDA: 12:12am On Apr 21, 2015
nametalkam:

If we redirect this energy of hate and dislike into togetherness and forwardness, o boy the achievementness of Nigerians or Africans go be greatness.

like em talk, #MakeWeAzontoAbeg!

AGREE...
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by LeSudAfricaine: 12:15am On Apr 21, 2015
RANDYMUDA:

Well..totally agree.. BUT... When I am on a site called ZARLAND...I would not go there to attack the ZAR PEOPLE....I have read your comments when you got into the thread.., It was as confrontational as the angry naira people.... Some South Africans complain that foreigners don't respect them...well....this is first and foremost a Nigerian site.. Please respect them..even if you think they are obnoxious
Well again Noted! But this also goes two ways. The Nigerians that are in SA, a foreign country, also have to behave, respect and obey the laws of the host and not get up into illegal shenanigans

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by LeSudAfricaine: 12:20am On Apr 21, 2015
RANDYMUDA:

Bro.. as you like...But I would still maintain ..you came unto this site on a mission and it was not to condemn....I have read your first posts on this thread and they were on the scale 0 to 10..an 8 and offcourse favouring defense...

I would have agreed with you..If you condemned attacks and someone started insulting you.. You didn't and no one directly started insulting you.. Infact you quoted angry people saying all sorts and responded in a very condescending way to them.. But to each is its own..

We all learn everyday..I have learnt too.. Even in this conversation..# peace
The problem is that this is not even about Xenophobia. Xenophobia is just a front, I can also see through many comments here, what these attacks merely did was to afford Naija a stick to beat us with.

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by RANDYMUDA: 12:21am On Apr 21, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
Well again Noted! But this also goes two ways. The Nigerians that are in SA, a foreign country, also have to behave, respect and obey the laws of the host and not get up into illegal shenanigans

Again..stereotyping much..aint you.... But offcourse yes you are very right.......It is your country and you are the HOST..as you say.... we pray that you remain "GOOD HOSTs" AMEN...The greatest sin of a country is if they treat vulnerable "foreigners" (hate this word though) with contempt...contempt...I pray that some South Africans would also stop projecting their problems on this foreigners and assume they are all up to "illegal SHENANIGANS" ......It would good if they can learn a thing or two from them.....and vice versa...PEACE..
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by morpheus24: 12:24am On Apr 21, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
The problem is that this is not even about Xenophobia. Xenophobia is just a front, I can also see through many comments here, what these attacks merely did was to afford Naija a stick to beat us with.

Sometimes a stubborn child needs to be twaked in the bumbum smiley
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by morpheus24: 12:26am On Apr 21, 2015
RANDYMUDA:

Again..stereotyping much..aint you.... But offcourse yes you are very right.......It is your country and you are the HOST..as you say.... we pray that you remain "GOOD HOSTs" AMEN...The greatest sin of a country is if they treat vulnerable "foreigners" (hate this word though) with contempt...contempt...I pray that some South Africans would also stop projecting their problems on this foreigners and assume they are all up to "illegal SHENANIGANS" ......It would good if they can learn a thing or two from them.....and vice versa...PEACE..

This is why I gave up a long time ago getting into so called "civil" conversations.

MORPHEUS PROCLAIMS LOUD AND CLEAR! IF you catch any Nigerian in illegal activity, Selling drugs please put him in jail, ban him from South Africa and deport him immediately.

Shikena. No be long story!
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by RANDYMUDA: 12:27am On Apr 21, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:

Again...you are in denial...It is very much about xenophobia and you are deflecting..and I really am now afraid of your actual position on this....I have followed the KINGS IMBIZO? in Durban..The songs they were chanting there in their thousands were xenophobic songs..

I am not here to bit anybody.. But I would not allow anyone to make the cheapen the lives of the people your kinsmen have attacked...the business they have destroyed..etc..

The fact that this issue keeps flaring up..is enough proof that it is xenophobia...you are aligning yourself with your government position on criminality but it is not..Even in some of your comments there is a latent resentment for Nigerians..

Some South Africans have to understand that no one shares this ideology that you are trying to push around criminality..especially not with the previous history around this attacks.. People have seen South Africans say they hate foreigners and want them dead.. Now are all South Africans like that.. hell no! But there are pockets that share this view.. Just like how we have great Nigerian TRIBALISTs..
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by LeSudAfricaine: 12:29am On Apr 21, 2015
RANDYMUDA:

where is the stereotyping here? You said if I'm on a foreign site I have to respect the people from that country, of which I duly noted and then I say Nigerians that are in my country also should do the same.then I'm stereotyping

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by RANDYMUDA: 12:31am On Apr 21, 2015
Enjoy...Tomorrow is another day.. For what it is worth.. Your eyes might be blind now..but the scales would fall out soon enough... Your comment about Nigerians beating you with a stick and your back tracking on this issue...is unfortunate... But that is life...live and let live.. As far as you can sleep at night with your heart in the right place... LIFE GOES ON..PEACE...
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by RANDYMUDA: 12:32am On Apr 21, 2015
[quote author=LeSudAfricaine post=32938451]where is the stereotyping here? You said if I'm on a foreign site I have to respect the people from that country, of which I duly noted and then I say Nigerians that are in my country also should do the same.then I'm stereotyping[/qu

SIMPLE JOKE...where is your humour...? It is not a war..trust me..It is not that deep....relax
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by LeSudAfricaine: 12:37am On Apr 21, 2015
RANDYMUDA:

Again...you are in denial...It is very much about xenophobia and you are deflecting..and I really am now afraid of your actual position on this....I have followed the KINGS IMBIZO? in Durban..The songs they were chanting there in their thousands were xenophobic songs..

I am not here to bit anybody.. But I would not allow anyone to make the cheapen the lives of the people your kinsmen have attacked...the business they have destroyed..etc..

The fact that this issue keeps flaring up..is enough proof that it is xenophobia...you are aligning yourself with your government position on criminality but it is not..Even in some of your comments there is a latent resentment for Nigerians..

Some South Africans have to understand that no one shares this ideology that you are trying to push around criminality..especially not with the previous history around this attacks.. People have seen South Africans say they hate foreigners and want them dead.. Now are all South Africans like that.. hell no! But there are pockets that share this view.. Just like how we have great Nigerian TRIBALISTs..
My brother come on, South África was never liked before this Xenophobia thing,anyone would dare mention the word South África everyone would immediately become negative, callings Lazy,uneducated, HIV country, Ashawo women etc many would even openly state their dislike for South Africa. I've read many,many post before and responses are always Negative. What I'm merely saying is that The Xenephobia thing has given Nigerians reason to justify their hatred for us. From now on, It's gonna be Xenophobia till Jesus comes trust me!

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Nobody: 12:42am On Apr 21, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
Please man Just spare me the lecture, When we South Africans condemn these attacks you call us names, you'have already painted us with the same brush so what's the point? Show me where I justify the maimimg of innocent people! I for one think these attacks are stupidity of the highest order, Instead of coming together Nigerians and South Africans in condemning these acts, what do you do? You call us names as if every South African was involved In these attacks

Dear these people have some mental disorder, they want people to come and atone for their sins as if they God, at their feet so they can pretend to be better human beings when the whole universe knows they are not. They are soobsessed with trying to break people down and get them to do theire worst. They do it among themselves. You must hear how gory they get when they insult each other. The other time they were on the Yoruba case and calling them all kinds of words. And I told them if it were my country men they would never stand for that.

In all they get a mighty super erectionnn or orgasm i guess when they try to break people down. They want to insult people and when one returns the favour they will call you mean, hateful, envious, jealous all kind of girl staff. Imagine copying all these insults to a SouthAfrican site like this Op has done, all hell would break loose.

And plus men who biiitch like females are just so weak! They won't stop they continue for the next two years with fake pictures from Nigeria's gruesome crime scenes being passed as SA xeno-attack. They milk this and try to get a mileage out of this. I guess being miserable make you do such. I for do not give a damnn what they think!

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Nobody: 12:46am On Apr 21, 2015
morpheus24:

Sensitive azz.

Name calling getting to you huh?

can't stand to stare yourself in the mirror, Don't like what you see?

You they start with name calling and insults when you do likewise, they 'll be calling you, mean, hate blah, blah, blah! Like little babies. Msheeeew!
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Nobody: 12:46am On Apr 21, 2015
morpheus24:

Sensitive azz.

Name calling getting to you huh?

can't stand to stare yourself in the mirror, Don't like what you see?

You se they start with name calling and insults when you do likewise, they 'll be calling you, mean, hate blah, blah, blah! Like little babies. Msheeeew!

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) / Russian Warship 'aggressively Approached' US Destroyer In Arabian Sea / Illegal Photos Of North Korea That Kim Jong Un Doesn’t Want You To See

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106