Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,816 members, 7,841,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia - Foreign Affairs (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia (95163 Views)

Xenophobia: Protesters Dispersed By South African Police (Photos) / South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD / 2013 Xenophobia Video In South African (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by LeSudAfricaine: 10:26pm On Apr 20, 2015
morpheus24:

You don't get the paradox that was posed to you in my statement. Men you are slow!

Bantu education

***SHAKINGMY HEAD*****
well that's rich, coming from a University of Lagos graduate,... where is that University ranked in África's best again? #45 ?
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by morpheus24: 10:28pm On Apr 20, 2015
PunkyOh:

Ok now you must be insane. Sensitive my àss! Do we all live in the cities where this thing is happening? What exactly do you want us to say? The stuff you see on tv is the same stuff we see on ours because none of us are there to give 1st hand accounts. You here talking like South Africa is a tiny town where everyone knows & sees everything.
Oh & we don't owe you fùck all. If you want more info on this, then stay glued to your tv screen.

Listen Sisi, I know the difference between Alexandra, Tembisa or Jeppes town Guglethu, Khayalista ,Sandton, Campsbay and the VA Waterfront

Don't come here and lecture me about misconstruing what I see on T. V.

YOu don't owe us anyting. Again this is the "mindset".

You owe it to yourselves.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by RANDYMUDA: 10:28pm On Apr 20, 2015
PunkyOh:

Ok now you must be insane. Sensitive my àss! Do we all live in the cities where this thing is happening? What exactly do you want us to say? The stuff you see on tv is the same stuff we see on ours because none of us are there to give 1st hand accounts. You here talking like South Africa is a tiny town where everyone knows & sees everything.

Oh & we don't owe you fùck all. If you want more info on this, then stay glued to your tv screen.

You can fget all defensive and all.It is just makes you look bad... Th emore you defend the indefensible the more culpable you are.. You and the Other guy are either XENOPHOBIC APOLOGIST OR SYMPATHIZERS.

It is simple..condemn what is happening and the back and forth would stop...

The problem is you can not condemn it..deep in your soul you actually connect to some of the violent ideology your kinsmen are perpetrating..and really it is okay..The first step to helping you out of your misery (xenophobia) is to admit it....

Just like RACIST SOUTHAFRICANS..I totally respect people who can own up to it.. Free advice all of you ..run away from a racist or a xenophobe in hiding...They are the worst kind..
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by PunkyOh(f): 10:29pm On Apr 20, 2015
RANDYMUDA:

You can fget all defensive and all.It is just makes you look bad... Th emore you defend the indefensible the more culpable you are.. You and the Other guy are either XENOPHOBIC APOLOGIST OR SYMPATHIZERS.

It is simple..condemn what is happening and the back and forth would stop...

The problem is you can not condemn it..deep in your soul you actually connect to some of the violent ideology your kinsmen are perpetrating..and really it is okay..The first step to helping you out of your misery (xenophobia) is to admit it....

Just like RACIST SOUTHAFRICANS..I totally respect people who can own up to it.. Free advice all of you ..run away from a racist or a xenophobe in hiding...They are the worst kind..

Ok.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by isalegan2: 10:29pm On Apr 20, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
Take the South Africans out of the equation, the question is who likes Nigerians? Let's be honest, which country welcomes Nigerians with open arms? Your reputation precedes you where ever you go! It's not a South African thing but a global one, so stop making this about South African blacks! If you were so enterprising how come you country is in the state it's in?why do you feel the need to be enterprising on foreign lands but your own? Hardwork is not exclusive to Nigerians, let's be real for once! You say tha we are Xenophobic and yet you say you marry our women at ano alarming rate, aren't the women also supposed to be Xenophobic?

I respect your spirited defense of your country. You're passionate about your culture/land/history. I appreciate that.

When I wrote "alarming." it should have been in quotes. Alarming to some, not all. Not to me or you or many others. And it very could be in small numbers, but anything unwelcome is disturbing and alarming to a prejudiced and fearful person. Again, not you specifically.

Yes, Nigerians have a reputation. People think we all do internet scams. I recently pointed out to an American (the 3rd one in 3 weeks) who felt the need to acquaint me with the image of Nigerians being notorious for online/email scams, "Look, if we're all crooked, who are the crooks stealing from? Every country is tagged with some sort of stereotype. Worry less about the phantom internet scammer, go into your hospitals and you'd see most Black doctors in USA are NIGERIANS!!!* Get over yourselves. Are we all scammers now? How'd you like them apples?"

( *Yes, they will go back gradually to help save lives in Naija. embarassed Yes, we need them. The time will come. )

LeSudAfricaine, I will read more of your posts. This thread is massive and I will have to catch up. You make a lot of sense. Just keep it civil, and when the emotions have calmed down, the sensible part of your posts will shine through.

morpheus24:

Its because your sensitive azzez have been isolated for a long time and just been let out of cages recently that you cannot get the rivalry that exists between Ghana and Nigeria.

The hate you dream of is just and intense sibling rivalry. We have shed our blood for our brothers and they for us.

Look at his beautiful Ghana and Naija couple below. No beef!

shocked The infamous Morpheus returns! cheesy cool How was the Matrix, bruh? wink

Bros, be real, you know the Ghanaians had issue with us. . .once. . . or twice. . . There was even a song. So I've heard. tongue
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by morpheus24: 10:30pm On Apr 20, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
well that's rich, coming from a University of Lagos graduate,... where is that University ranked in África's best again? #45 ?

The Assumption is that I schooled in Lagos which is the only part of Nigeria you acknowledge.

PS, Please don't use that "how rich" phrase, it reminds me of racist Afrikaaners anytime they argue.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by RANDYMUDA: 10:31pm On Apr 20, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
Once again you are assuming, what is it that i'm trying to justify?

The fact that you are here, trolling onthis site and engaging in a back and forth banter....is enough for me to see through you.., If you are a real man and a patriotic son of the soil and an AFRICAN who understands the meaning of brotherhood, UBUNTU as you guys say....Then you would condemn what is happening in your country and move on..Coming here and acting all defensive is the way to go..NOT!
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by LeSudAfricaine: 10:32pm On Apr 20, 2015
RANDYMUDA:

Again, very rude Nationalist attitude. This forum for the most part is in English.. We are all Africans and as usual like South Africans do.. They would start speaking their languages to cut you off from a conversation.. This is very rude..

You might not like the heat you are getting here for the wickedness of your kinsmen... But trust me.. That heat is not only here.. If you travel and see the world.. THe outrage people are pouring out at your antics....SMH. is similar..You can not come here and defend what is happening in South Africa.. That makes you fit in nicely with your blodd thirsty KINSMEN on the streets..

You talk of spoting foreigners etc.. Zimbabweans share a common accentry with you along with Swazis, the people of the Mountain (Lesotho) and Botswanas.. They just don't share your perception of what other black people are... You kill Zimbabweans and Mozambiquans ..we know some of them are from your tribe. Hell the Mozambiquan guy that was stabbed to death had a very south African SURNAME SITHOLE.........What is your excuse?

We are very righteous these days are'nt we? Don't tell me about rudeness Nigerians are the epitome of this trait

1 Like

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by morpheus24: 10:33pm On Apr 20, 2015
isalegan2:

shocked The infamous Morpheus returns! cheesy cool How was the Matrix, bruh? wink
Bros, be real, you know the Ghanaians had issue with us. . .once. . . or twice. . . There was even a song. So I've heard. tongue

I prefer "infamous" if you don't mind.

The so called issues Ghanaians have with us is nothing more that mere competition and bantering between two peoples with common history.

Tell me why don't we have this same beef with other non "Anglo speaking nations" No beef with Mauritania, No beef with Gambia, No beef with Burkina faso. No beef with Niger. NO beef with Benin Republic, No beef with Ivory coast.

WHY GHANA!
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by PunkyOh(f): 10:33pm On Apr 20, 2015
morpheus24:

Listen Sisi, I know the difference between Alexandra, Tembisa or Jeppes town Guglethu, Khayalista ,Sandton, Campsbay and the VA Waterfront

Don't come here and lecture me about misconstruing what I see on T. V.

YOu don't owe us anyting. Again this is the "mindset".

You owe it to yourselves.

1st of all, who accused you of misconstruing anything because all I said was, the information you know via what you've seen on tv to date, is the very same one we know, so what are these explanations you're looking for?

We owe ourselves nothing.

2 Likes

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by soilsista(f): 10:34pm On Apr 20, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
nna ke bona ekare bae rata Afrika Borwa, waistsi the thing you love most ke yona e o criticize the most
Ka nnete shem! Nna ko robala for real now akena nako ya batho ba. Ga e be boroko bagaetsho!

Hai cha angeke this thread needs to be closed now! Re boletse golekane
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by morpheus24: 10:37pm On Apr 20, 2015
soilsista:

Ka nnete shem! Nna ko robala for real now akena nako ya batho ba. Ga e be boroko bagaetsho!
Hai cha angeke this thread needs to be closed now! Re boletse golekane

Good night my sister. Sleep well
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by LeSudAfricaine: 10:38pm On Apr 20, 2015
RANDYMUDA:

The fact that you are here trolling onthis site and engaging in a back and forth banter....is enough for me to see through you.., If you are real man and a patriotic son of the soil and an AFRICAN who understands the meaning of brotherhood, UBUNTU as you guys say....Then you would condemn what is happening in your country and move on..Coming her and acting all defensive is the way to go..NOT!
Please man Just spare me the lecture, When we South Africans condemn these attacks you call us names, you'have already painted us with the same brush so what's the point? Show me where I justify the maimimg of innocent people! I for one think these attacks are stupidity of the highest order, Instead of coming together Nigerians and South Africans in condemning these acts, what do you do? You call us names as if every South African was involved In these attacks

1 Like

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by soilsista(f): 10:38pm On Apr 20, 2015
morpheus24:

Good night my sister. Sleep well

Lol you too bhuti wam smiley
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by morpheus24: 10:39pm On Apr 20, 2015
PunkyOh:

We owe ourselves nothing.

***STILL SHAKING MY HEAD*****
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by PunkyOh(f): 10:40pm On Apr 20, 2015
morpheus24:

***STILL SHAKING MY HEAD*****

Just don't give yourself more headache with all that shaking you're doing.

1 Like

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by RANDYMUDA: 10:41pm On Apr 20, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
We are very righteous these days are'nt we? Don't tell me about rudeness Nigerians are the epitome of this trait

Again.. You don't know enough Nigerians to genearalize.. The problem for the most part with you guys is you have not travelled past your borders... Nigerian has a population of 170 million with over 280tribes... You guys have how many tribes...11 -15.. My friend ..you don't know Nigerians..

I am happy I know South Africans... difference ..I move around and learn about people and their cultures.....

I would tell you about rudeness..If you come here and try to talk down at people.... you would be schooled..I know only too well..That your xenophobic black heart is too shallow to take time enough to know Nigerians or any any other "black immigrant" the foreigner shit you guys use is effed up anyways...very xenophobic lingo...

Again..If you here to defend the evil on your streets..you are a troll and it makes you look bad... Speak for yourself and represent yourself.. The generalizations South Africans make is what your problems are ..

Nigerians rude
Whites are racist?
somalians? take your spaza shops?
Zimbabweans your jobs?

Generalizations....SMH..The day you guys try to find the good in other black persons.. The better for you
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by morpheus24: 10:42pm On Apr 20, 2015
PunkyOh:

Just don't give yourself more headache with all that shaking you're doing.

I don't exist in the real world. I am plugged in.

Can't get headaches.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by PunkyOh(f): 10:46pm On Apr 20, 2015
morpheus24:

Can't get headaches.

Good for you.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by morpheus24: 10:48pm On Apr 20, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
Please man Just spare me the lecture, When we South Africans condemn these attacks you call us names, you'have already painted us with the same brush so what's the point? Show me where I justify the maimimg of innocent people! I for one think these attacks are stupidity of the highest order, Instead of coming together Nigerians and South Africans in condemning these acts, what do you do? You call us names as if every South African was involved In these attacks

lol

Sensitive azz.

Name calling getting to you huh?

can't stand to stare yourself in the mirror, Don't like what you see?
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by RANDYMUDA: 10:50pm On Apr 20, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:

Well...as said.. I don't have to show you anything.. Your attitude on this board and your back and forth banter is enough proof that you are getting at something. Whatever it is.. It is in your heart and you know it.. I Would not go on a South African website to defend the evil Nigerians are perpetrating anywhere.. I would condemn it and move on..

I just am a little tired of South Africans starting a sentence with I am not a XENOPHOBE BUT....then goes on into a xenophobic rant...same as a racist going I am not racist I have black friends but ...black people are blah blah Blah...

My friend..in all your posts on this topic and all your generalizations of Nigerians the heathrow rant... calling Nigerians rude because I told you that you are on a Nigerian site and helping us confirm "wrong" stereo types about South Africans.. you know who foreigners are and what they look like.. SMELLS A XENOPHOBE IN HIDING..Your posts are filled with it....

To the lies about Botwanas/swazis/ Lesotho etc,... all this other people though they share similar ancestry with you..Don't in anyway think like you guys and distance themselves from this madness....... It is funny that zimbabaweans and Mozmbiquans also have ancestry with you guys but your kinsmen kill them anyways..
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by LeSudAfricaine: 10:51pm On Apr 20, 2015
morpheus24:

The Assumption is that I schooled in Lagos which is the only part of Nigeria you acknowledge.

PS, Please don't use that "how rich" phrase, it reminds me of racist Afrikaaners anytime they argue.
and yet you assume I am a product of Bantu education. Double standards
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by morpheus24: 10:56pm On Apr 20, 2015
RANDYMUDA:

To the lies about Botwanas/swazis/ Lesotho etc,... all this other people though they share similar ancestry with you..Don't in anyway think like you guys and distance themselves from this madness....... It is funny that zimbabaweans and Mozmbiquans also have ancestry with you guys but your kinsmen kill them anyways..

Quick answer

***BANTU EDUCATION****

1 Share

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by JiggamanGh: 10:57pm On Apr 20, 2015
morpheus24:

We do not hate Ghanians and we know this for a fact. The only two major Anglophone countries in West Africa have a Sibling rivalry and both sides are fully aware of this.

Only a sensitive azz South African would try to pull the wool over peoples eyes to justify his country men's actions.

I can literally stand in the room of a bunch of local Ghanians during a football match in which Nigerian wins and I will walk out alive, If the situation was reversed and it was a bunch of local South AFricans, we all know what would happen.

Shikena!

Gollywood vs Nollywood!

[flash=400, 300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZkyZOrzsFc[/flash]

This's true no matter how much we fight nigerians and Ghanaians will always be brothers and sisters.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by RANDYMUDA: 10:58pm On Apr 20, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
and yet you assume I am a product of Bantu education. Double standards

Anyways I am not witchunting South Africans.,.. Your history has been though and difficult.. We did not know what your misery felt like but we felt it even from afar...I just appeal to Black South Africans to open their minds and allw people in... They should stop this very narrow nationalistic way to think.. Other Africans are not the "other" it is not a bragging match..me against them..we are better ..they are not....Black South Africans have to embrace diversity, tolerance, love and understanding of other cultures..

When I look at you guys ..I see myself..I wish that when you look at me...you also see yourselves... That is only the way we can move on...PEACE#
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by LeSudAfricaine: 10:58pm On Apr 20, 2015
RANDYMUDA:

Again.. You don't know enough Nigerians to genearalize.. The problem for the most part with you guys is you have not travelled past your borders... Nigerian has a population of 170 million with over 280tribes... You guys have how many tribes...11 -15.. My friend ..you don't know Nigerians..

I am happy I know South Africans... difference ..I move around and learn about people and their cultures.....

I would tell you about rudeness..If you come here and try to talk down at people.... you would be schooled..I know only too well..That your xenophobic black heart is too shallow to take time enough to know Nigerians or any any other "black immigrant" the foreigner shit you guys use is effed up anyways...very xenophobic lingo...

Again..If you here to defend the evil on your streets..you are a troll and it makes you look bad... Speak for yourself and represent yourself.. The generalizations South Africans make is what your problems are ..

Nigerians rude
Whites are racist?
somalians? take your spaza shops?
Zimbabweans your jobs?

Generalizations....SMH..The day you guys try to find the good in other black persons.. The better for you
I don't Know Nigerians and you Know South Africans? Does'nt that reek of arrogance? How many South Áfricans do you know to reach the conclusion that you know enough about South Africans? How many Nigerians must I encounter for me to finally say I know Nigerians ? How do you even know that I don't know about Nigerians?
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by LeSudAfricaine: 10:59pm On Apr 20, 2015
morpheus24:

Can't get headaches.
Is that air you breathing?
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by RANDYMUDA: 11:02pm On Apr 20, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
I don't Know Nigerians and you Know South Africans? Does'nt that reek of arrogance? How many South Áfricans do you know to reach the conclusion that you know enough about South Africans? How many Nigerians must I encounter for me to finally say I know Nigerians ? How do you even know that I don't know about Nigerians?

Because I do Know South Africans.. I have lived in your country and worked there as a medical doctor for years.... I have South African friends and I have interacted with the lowest of the low with mY work and to the upper classes...

I know you don't know Nigerians.. It totally is obvious around your stereo types....you know them from afar for the most part....
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by morpheus24: 11:03pm On Apr 20, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:

Your responses just reeks of it.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by RANDYMUDA: 11:04pm On Apr 20, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
As I said in my post above..I don't understand why you are going with the back forths.. Obviously you are being defensive...But for me not important..one day you would get it..I live you again with this

Anyways I am not witchunting South Africans.,.. Your history has been though and difficult.. We did not know what your misery felt like but we felt it even from afar...I just appeal to Black South Africans to open their minds and allw people in... They should stop this very narrow nationalistic way to think.. Other Africans are not the "other" it is not a bragging match..me against them..we are better ..they are not....Black South Africans have to embrace diversity, tolerance, love and understanding of other cultures..

When I look at you guys ..I see myself..I wish that when you look at me...you also see yourselves... That is only the way we can move on...PEACE#
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by morpheus24: 11:04pm On Apr 20, 2015
RANDYMUDA:

Like the British gentleman would respond......Here Here!
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by RANDYMUDA: 11:09pm On Apr 20, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:

Again the word "arrogance" is a word that I have heard a couple of SAFRICANS throw around wrongly....sorry man..you do not know me enough for me to "reek of arrogance".......If I made you feel that way...totally not my intention....but it would do you good not to always get into an inferior position when someone makes a statement from a place of knowing.. TRUST ME....I know you don't Nigerians....past Nigerians you have encountered here and there.. You must have lived in Nigeria to know Nigerians...

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) / Russian Warship 'aggressively Approached' US Destroyer In Arabian Sea / Illegal Photos Of North Korea That Kim Jong Un Doesn’t Want You To See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.