Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) (29541 Views)

CROSS Roads(a True Life Story) / Red Night (true Life Story) / TORN (based On A True Life Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by Hurklan(m): 5:28pm On Apr 23, 2015
Ride on bro
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by Eniqurl(f): 7:54pm On Apr 23, 2015
Am following like twitter.
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:15pm On Apr 23, 2015
I was here by [size=16pt]08:15:12pm[/size] but no update..
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by tunery004(m): 8:29pm On Apr 23, 2015
Good evening house, sorry for the slow updates today, been kinda busy, but I promise two update b4 the end of today.
Update coming soonest.....
Special thanks to my regular commentators, eniqurl, BeeBeeOoh, Hurklan, and my sweet pinkycute
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:43pm On Apr 23, 2015
tunery004:
Good evening house, sorry for the slow updates today, been kinda busy, but I promise two update b4 the end of today.
Special thanks to my regular commentators, eniqurl, BeeBeeOoh, Hurklan, and my sweet pinkycute
notin do u padi mi, waiting patiently for my night medics.. good evening ma manche.
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by pinkycute(f): 8:45pm On Apr 23, 2015
*Smile* smiley SWEET PINKYCUTE cheesy

Hmmmmmmmm grin

Well, waiting patiently****** wink

tunery004:
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by pinkycute(f): 8:47pm On Apr 23, 2015
How re you bae ?

Eniqurl:
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by danbrowndmf(m): 8:47pm On Apr 23, 2015
pinkycute:

Hmmmmmmmm grin

story girl.;(
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by pinkycute(f): 8:51pm On Apr 23, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin grin grin

danbrowndmf:
story girl.;(
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by tunery004(m): 8:53pm On Apr 23, 2015
Two days later, Mama was discharged, and we agreed to go to LASUTH on the next tuesday cause her appointment was for tuesdays.

Ife on the other hand went for her check up and she was told she getting close to being totally healed, she couldn't hide her joy, so she placed a call to me
Ife: tee dear
Me: sweetheart
Ife: how have you been
Me: well have been in hospital since I arrived lagos
Ife: are u sick? But I called you yesterday and u dint mention that
Me: actually, am not sick, but my mum is so partially I am
Ife: heya, how is she, any improvement?
Me: well, I can say for now until we see the doc on tuesday
Ife: I called to give u a goodnews before ni ooo, but this one that you are sick now
Me: what's the goodnews, are our results out?
Ife: mtcheeewww, result ko,
Me: oya what is it
Ife: well the doctor just gave me a clean bill today
Me: clean bill? What does that means
Ife: well, the doctor says am almost healed totally and I may not need those drugs again
Me: really, that's awesome, I so happy for you, that means we can start dating now
Ife: mtcheeewwww, can u imagine your reasoning, so all ur own is dating
Me: abi now
Ife: well just take care of your mum and send my regards to her
Me: ok, I will tell her that her daughter inlaw sends her regards
Ife: na u sabi, bye
I was so happy with the news ife gave me and I went on my knees praying to God using her as a point of contact for mama.
Tuesday came and we where at Lasuth by 9am, it was a long wait so at about 12 noon it was our turn to see the doctor, while waiting, I couldn't help but wonder at the number of beautiful ladies all waiting to see the doc. In my mind I was like *so na all dis babes get cancer sef, chai, and some sharp guys go still dey suck dos fresh looking boobs oo*
We got in, the doctor checked her file, he then ask for the result of the x-ray, then I try to cut in and said, sir..........................................................................................
TBC

The nxt episode will contain some medical term I can't even explain, am gonna put them like the doc said it, and has I remember them. So pls bear with me
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by tunery004(m): 8:55pm On Apr 23, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
notin do u padi mi, waiting patiently for my night medics.. good evening ma manche.
Thanks bro, u give me the courage to write even when am tired.
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by tunery004(m): 8:58pm On Apr 23, 2015
pinkycute:

Hmmmmmmmm grin

Am never gonna let u wait for too long dear, its here already
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by tunery004(m): 9:00pm On Apr 23, 2015
Eniqurl:
Firstlady, infact u followership pass the disciples own. U motivates me to do more
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by pinkycute(f): 9:04pm On Apr 23, 2015
Wowwwww that's cool... cheesy

Thanks hny kiss

tunery004:

Am never gonna let u wait for too long dear, its here already
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by pinkycute(f): 9:10pm On Apr 23, 2015
No Wahala cheesy please update more... smiley
But this update is short oooo undecided
Maka why nahhhh ? lipsrsealed
Well, more Mb to ur phone grin grin grin

tunery004:
Two days later, Mama was discharged, and we agreed to go to LASUTH on the next tuesday cause her appointment was for tuesdays.

Ife on the other hand went for her check up and she was told she getting close to being totally healed, she couldn't hide her joy, so she placed a call to me
Ife: tee dear
Me: sweetheart
Ife: how have you been
Me: well have been in hospital since I arrived lagos
Ife: are u sick? But I called you yesterday and u dint mention that
Me: actually, am not sick, but my mum is so partially I am
Ife: heya, how is she, any improvement?
Me: well, I can say for now until we see the doc on tuesday
Ife: I called to give u a goodnews before ni ooo, but this one that you are sick now
Me: what's the goodnews, are our results out?
Ife: mtcheeewww, result ko,
Me: oya what is it
Ife: well the doctor just gave me a clean bill today
Me: clean bill? What does that means
Ife: well, the doctor says am almost healed totally and I may not need those drugs again
Me: really, that's awesome, I so happy for you, that means we can start dating now
Ife: mtcheeewwww, can u imagine your reasoning, so all ur own is dating
Me: abi now
Ife: well just take care of your mum and send my regards to her
Me: ok, I will tell her that her daughter inlaw sends her regards
Ife: na u sabi, bye
I was so happy with the news ife gave me and I went on my knees praying to God using her as a point of contact for mama.
Tuesday came and we where at Lasuth by 9am, it was a long wait so at about 12 noon it was our turn to see the doctor, while waiting, I couldn't help but wonder at the number of beautiful ladies all waiting to see the doc. In my mind I was like *so na all dis babes get cancer sef, chai, and some sharp guys go still dey suck dos fresh looking boobs oo*
We got in, the doctor checked her file, he then ask for the result of the x-ray, then I try to cut in and said, sir..........................................................................................
TBC

The nxt episode will contain some medical term I can't even explain, am gonna put them like the doc said it, and has I remember them. So pls bear with me
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by tunery004(m): 9:16pm On Apr 23, 2015
pinkycute:
No Wahala cheesy please update more... smiley
But this update is short oooo undecided
Maka why nahhhh ? lipsrsealed
Well, more Mb to ur phone grin grin grin

It was a short update cos I needed to give notice on what's coming next
Next update in 30 minutes.......
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:33pm On Apr 23, 2015
tunery004:

Thanks bro, u give me the courage to write even when am tired.
thanks bro. *brings out chilled Black label, pours small quantity into 2 tumbler's. Cheers bro..

Thank You For That Update..
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by tunery004(m): 9:55pm On Apr 23, 2015
I try to cut in and said sir.............................................
Sir, I am son, please sir, if you don't mind I will like to know exactly what we are dealing with, our options and chances.
Doc: oh that's good, do you leave with her?
Me: yes sir
Doc: I believe you are a little more enlighten than her so why did you watch her situation till its this bad?
Me: sir have been in school, just came back last week
Doc: ooh all right then. Your mum has an Invasive Cancer, from the look of things it is a Grade 3 invasive Cancer
Me: what's Grade 3 sir
Doc: its a kind of cancer in which the cells are fast growing and very aggressive
Me: ok sir, so what do we do?
Doc: well, she was asked to do a Xray the last time, but she still has to do a Mammogram, then she will be asked to provide herself for an UltraSound scan, depending on the situation of the breast and if need be she might have a MRI scan
Me: jesus, but what are her chances
Doc: I can really say until the result of all the tests and scans carried out her out
Me: sir, what's the worst case scenario
Doc: mastectomy
Me: sir?
Doc: *smiles* removal of affected breast
Me: hmmmmm, other options nko?
Doc: surgery is one options, chemotherapy is a continuous process, even after surgery, then there is Radiotherapy in addition to the surgery
At this point I was a little confuse, even now that am typing this story, am still confuse, cos all the doctor said still haven't made sense to me after about 7 years.

Me: doc please what is the cause of this disease
Doc: my friend, the truth is we can only speculate, no one knows for sure what the cause is. But heredity, environment, foods all play a significant part
Me: but sir, I heard this cancer is only for people 50yrs and above
Doc: it is predominant in people of that age bracket but it could occur in people much younger than that.
Me: sir can a lady of 15yrs have breast cancer
Doc: its possible, but it could just be a lump and not cancer
Me: hanhan is lump and cancer different
Doc: yes the are very different, a lump is just a symptoms of cancer, it not necessarily cancer. Almost all women develop lumps, and not all lump leads to cancer, some are there during there menstrual period, some during pregnancy and so on.
Me: it is well, thank you so much sir, but one last question
Doc: ok
Me: if a teenager has a case of repeated lumps having operated the first then anoda showed, then another, can we conclude and say she has cancer?
Doc: she is quiet young, and we can't say she has cancer, cos the lumps have to develop and a lot of examination and test had to be carried out before we can come to that conclusion.
Me: thanks so much sir
Doc: you are welcome
All this while I was conversing with the doctor, the doctor took me to a inner room in his office, so mama dint know what our conversation was about.
We came back outside and I asked the doctor what's next for us to do. He told me to go do the xray and then the mammogram and bring the result on the next tuesday.
He warned that we should be quick about it cos the cancer is destroying most of her cells and its spreading very fast. I promised him we would have done all of it by next tuesday, he wrote some drugs after doing a routine check on her and he told me the drugs is sold for 5k, for my mind I was like *hanhan, shey after this drug we no go do mammogrammer abi na programmer again*
We left the doctors room and straight to the pharmacy................................
TBC
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by Eniqurl(f): 10:01pm On Apr 23, 2015
pinkycute:
How re you bae ?

Just dy NL dy find story read cheesy
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by tunery004(m): 10:04pm On Apr 23, 2015
Attention everyone, please everything in the last update happened well over 7yrs ago, I dint have it penned down anywhere, so some of those things up there may not be has accurate has it could be, but I tried to put it down has my brain could carry.
Paradventure there is anyone with any signs or symptoms, please don't rely or judge based on this write up, please see a doctor.
May the lord send cancer far away from us all.
One more update on the way

2 Likes

Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by Eniqurl(f): 10:06pm On Apr 23, 2015
tunery004:

Firstlady, infact u followership pass the disciples own. U motivates me to do more
Hahaha...funny.
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by Hurklan(m): 10:25pm On Apr 23, 2015
Tunery004, ori è wan bè... Lov d way u dæ drop am... Abeg release d last upd8 on time, i get test 2mrw
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by tunery004(m): 10:38pm On Apr 23, 2015
Hurklan:
Tunery004, ori è wan bè... Lov d way u dæ drop am... Abeg release d last upd8 on time, i get test 2mrw
Well, maybe u should go read and I will because of you suspend the next update till tomorrow. All the best in your test bro.
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by Hurklan(m): 10:44pm On Apr 23, 2015
tunery004:

Well, maybe u should go read and I will because of you suspend the next update till tomorrow. All the best in your test bro.
no use my own disturb oda's pple waiting for upd8 nau,.. Thanks sha
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by tunery004(m): 10:48pm On Apr 23, 2015
Hurklan:
no use my own disturb oda's pple waiting for upd8 nau,.. Thanks sha
All ryt boss, I will just drop something short, just for the road. Will be ready in 15minutes
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by Hurklan(m): 10:54pm On Apr 23, 2015
tunery004:

All ryt boss, I will just drop something short, just for the road. Will be ready in 15minutes
me boss, na u and d likes of onihaxy, stag, metalgear, snakie86, nitefury, dioxidane, hfinest1, silverdam etc be boss, we re jst readers that don't pay u guys salary nd will be waitin 4 upd8 here nd there... GOD BLESS Y'ALL

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by tunery004(m): 11:03pm On Apr 23, 2015
We could only get one of the 3 drugs the doctor prescribed and we went to the lab to get the xray and mammogram done, we were told to come back on thursday, because the machine is not in the best of condition.
By monday, first semester break was over and Shade, Sherifat and Ife couldn't wait for my arrival, thank God Fernando Flatscreeno no get my number.
I made sure mama went for the scan and then meet the appoint with the doctor the next tuesday.
At this stage mama always have a handkerchief to cover the cleavage of her swollen breast, cause the lump had increased and deformed the breast..
After her appointment with the doc, he complained that she has a shortage of blood,that the cancer is drying ha blood so she need to go for blood transfusion.
The doctor advised she do that in a private hospital cause govt hospital can over delay and its an urgent need.
So by thursday Mama returned to lobel hospital where she was given four pint of blood.
By sunday she was back home looking healthier and fresher. I told her I will be returning to school on tuesday after her appointment with the doctor. She asked if I had money on me, I told her not to worry that I will be fine.
On tuesday has I made sure mama was on her way to Lasuth, I packed my bags and off to the state of harmony.............................................................................
Hurklan this is for u. Read overnyt ooo. Stop nairalanding
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by Hurklan(m): 11:06pm On Apr 23, 2015
As ur lordshp pleases, thanks 1ce again... Gud nyt
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by tunery004(m): 11:10pm On Apr 23, 2015
Hurklan:
me boss, na u and d likes of onihaxy, stag, metalgear, snakie86, nitefury, dioxidane, hfinest1, silverdam etc be boss, we re jst readers that don't pay u guys salary nd will be waitin 4 upd8 here nd there... GOD BLESS Y'ALL
Without u reading and commenting, no one would be writing on this forum again. All the best boss
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by Eniqurl(f): 8:07am On Apr 24, 2015
Enjoying every bit of this story. Weldne br
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 24, 2015
I hope she did not die shaa cry
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 24, 2015
dexpendable I sight u shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) / Chimamanda Adichie: Bride Price Should Be Abolished, I'm Not A Fan Of It / Twisted Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.