Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) (29575 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by larabae13(f): 12:56am On Dec 25, 2016
Copyright 2016 by larabae13

No part of this story should be reproduced by anymeans without the prior notice of the author (larabae13)

Check out the first and second story in the kevlar series
The untamed librarian-https://www.nairaland.com/3415944/untamed-librarian-romance-novel

The italian's baby mother-https://www.nairaland.com/3442472/italians-baby-mother
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by larabae13(f): 1:14am On Dec 25, 2016
I wanna dedicate this bonus story to all ma readers wishing you merry christmas and a happy new year (in advance) happy holidays

THE KEVLAR'S EMERGENCY FIANCEE (christmas edition)
Bethroted to a kevlar
*chapter 1*
"You're breaking my poor heart, James Timothy Kevlar." James rolled his eyes as his mother whined through the phone. His mother, Mary kevlar was a very strong woman and her will to get him married quickly just as his siblings have done. "Mother, your heart is too strong to break." He replied as he played with the pen in his hands. "I want you to get married James, I want grandchildren that will keep me company in old age." "You have three grandchildren that adores you." He grinned into the phone. "I want more grandchildren, James." "Alright mother I'll think about it." "You don't have to think about it honey, my friend Sally, her daughter penelope just finished from college and she'll be a perfect match for you." She explained to him with flourish. "Oh not again mom, last week it was angela from your book club. Well, I have a woman I'm dating and I'm going to propose to her tomorrow night." He said as he laughed inaudibly. "Wow, that's great honey, why did you now let me talk away?" He rolled his eyes and said "how is father? I hope he's coping with all your antics?" She laughed and said "silly boy, just bring your woman to the mansion for the christmas gathering. No excuses." "Christmas is a month away mom, I'll bring her. Till then, say hi to dad for me. Love you." "Love you too baby." He hung up smiling at the phone. He sighed and got back to reading the files on his desk. The deskphone beside him rang and he picked it "yes?" "Excuse me sir, the christmas decorator is here sir." "Send her in". He answered and went back to reading the file infront of him. He heard the door open and said "come in, take a seat I'll join you in a moment." He said to the person not taking his eyes off from what he was reading. As president of the Kevlar inc the Europe division, he was filled with reports from all Europe and he isn't complaining because he is capable of handling them all.
Violet Lorde came into the plush office widening her eyes as she marveled on the sheer opulence and space. Her shoe-size apartment could be removed three times and it'll still remain some space. The interior decorator who designed it would be a well known one because it showed the touch of a professional who blended the cream and black colours without them clashing. She cleared her throat and said "good morning, Mr Kevlar." Violet saw that he only nodded but didn't raise up his head. She frowned at the man who kept reading the file at his front even though from where she stood he looked formidable in his grey designer three piece suit and a gold watch adorned his wrist. She sat down quietly and thought about how she mustn't lose the contract of decorating the kevlar company for christmas, she needed the money badly. She didn't know when he stood up and sat opposite to her and jumped slightly when she heard "you're the decorator?" She tried to calm herself and wiped her palm on her orange skirt. "Yes, Violet Lorde" she said and brought out a hand which he collected and shook gently then dropped. "I've gone through your samples, you do good work. You start on monday and brenda would give you the company card so you bill all expenses on it." Violet couldn't believe what she was hearing, she pinched herself to make sure she wasn't dreaming then she smiled brightly making James to step back and take a careful look at her again. She was a redhead with grey eyes and when she smiled a dimple came out of her cheek, and she's got the curves in the right place even her british accent is kinda cute. She's a beautiful woman who doesn't flaunt her beauty was what he thought. "Thank you very much mr Kevlar, I promise not to disappoint you." She said as she tried not to jump up excitedly. "Call me James, Mr Kevlar makes me think of an old man." He said to her as he walked her to the door. "Right, James. Goodbye." She nodded at him and went out of the door. James went back to his chair and thought of Violet, she looks like a woman who wants the whole package which is the white picket fence with children playing in the yard and husband mowing the lawn with her bringing out the lemonades she just made....yea, she does not look like a woman who would go through a fake engagement. He stood up and walked over to look at the city through the glass. London is getting chillier and grey every minute and the people are already prepared for it with their bodies in their thick sweater and gloves in their hands. He smiled and got back to work.

Cc:adeculate
Mismore
Teel123
Nmaglit
Crislyn
Tijehi
Blecool
Pascalville
Fidelity09

3 Likes

Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by teel123(f): 1:57pm On Dec 25, 2016
Correct. Babe. Abeg merry Xmas
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by tijehi(f): 2:12pm On Dec 25, 2016
Nice Larabae. Waiting for more.

Merry xmas.
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by Blecool(f): 5:52pm On Dec 25, 2016
Wow...Next Episode Pls.We R Waiting
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by mismore(f): 5:29pm On Dec 26, 2016
Merry Xmas in arrears sis!

waiting for more updates.
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by crislyn(f): 9:35pm On Dec 26, 2016
I'm here @larabae13. I jumped up excitedly for Violet cuz I can't wait for the story to really kick off. Merry Christmas dear and a favoured, blessed new year in advance to you and your family!
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by ADECULATE(f): 10:16am On Dec 27, 2016
Ur work has always bin exceptional nd i know dat dis wont be an exception. So am impatiently waiting 4 more. Lol
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by larabae13(f): 6:51pm On Dec 27, 2016
Lolz thanks guys, the celebrations no let me write so amma post the one I jst wrote though it isn't much
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by larabae13(f): 7:01pm On Dec 27, 2016
chapter 2*
Violet came out of the kevlar building and went to the parking lot to get her run down car. As she got in and turned on the heater, her phone rang then she smiled as she picked the call. "Did you get it?" Said the voice from the phone. "Calm down Lizzy, I got it." She replied. She heard excited voices underneath congratulating her on her Job "Lizzy, I thought you were at school." "Yes I was but I'm low on cash so I came home to badger Dad to give me some." Lizzy answered from the phone. "Pass the phone to Dad" Violet said to her. "Violet." She heard her Dad said from the phone. "Dad, we're going to save the house." She said as she felt tears coming to her eyes. "I'm going to do my job and save the house and farm from foreclosure." She sniffed. "Oh darling, you need to start taking care of yourself and not me or the house or the farm. You're a young woman, you have to stop worrying. The house and farm can go but you can't, Violet." Her father said. "I know you love that farm, Dad. It'll break you to see it go to the hands of the bank, it'll break Mother too. I'll do anything to get the money and don't think you can change my mind father." She said back to her father who sighed and shook his head where he sat thinking that Violet has always been stubborn just like him. "Alright Violet, we'll talk about this again when we see." "Ok Dad, send my love to mother." She hung up and placed her head on the steering wheel of her car for some seconds, then she put her head up and started the car driving out of the kevlar building.
Monday morning came bright and early with Violet already up before the alarm rang. She made herself some coffee and went to have her bath, as she was choosing between the coat to where on her clothes her doorbell rang. She chose the deep blue coat and went to anwer the door. "You're almost late Max. Some minutes more and I would have left without you." She said to her younger brother who was to be her assistant with her work. "I'm not late sis, it's not even 7am yet." He said as he came into the room. " pack all these to the car and let's go. We need to be there before the truck for the tree comes." She said pointing to the decorations she bought yesterday. They got into the car when they finished packing the decorations into the boot of her car then they got going. They got to the Kevlar building and got to work immediately.
James walked in to the company with his phone pressed to his ear as he was talking to one of his friends. He stopped short at the lobby when he saw that the lobby had been transformed into a christmas wonderland. There was a huge christmas tree in the middle of the lobby decorated with loads of decorations on it, he chuckled as he saw the receptionist nodding to the carol playing softly out of th speakers. He nodded and smiled to his employees as he walked to the elevator. "Goodmorning sir" his secretary greeted as he walked out of the elevator. "Goodmorning Brenda, I see that we've been catapulted into a christmas town." He smiled at her as he talked. "Yes sir, miss Violet is wonderful. She did a good job of the Lobby." She answered. "Where is she now?" He asked as he settled in his office. "She's at the second floor now." "Alright, what is my schedule for today?" "You have a Video conference with the switzerland and italy representatives in an hour time." "Good, get me the files you've finished on." "Right away sir." He got himself deep in work and surfaced later for lunch. He went to the second floor to check on Violet and was pleased with what he saw. He greeted the remaining staffs who hasn't gone for lunch and moved to where Violet stood checking her handiwork. "You do good work, Violet. I'm impressed." He said and smiled down at her making her blush. "Thank you James." "Since you're through, I'd like to take you out for lunch." "Oh, hope I won't be a burden? I could eat here..." "No excuses, let's go." Violet shrugged and went to get her coat. They walked for some few blocs before settling down in a restaurant. They ordered and started some small talks. "Why decorations?" He asked as they were eating. "I studied business management at Oxford, but I went into decorating because I love it." She answered and then asked him. "Thanksgiving is on saturday, what are your plans?". "Well, I'm not going home for thanksgiving, I've got many ends to tie up before going home for the chistmas gathering." He answered. A thought came to her mind "Would you like to come to my home for thanksgiving? It's not a Kevlar gathering but we've got a turkey for thanksgiving." She smiled at him. He grinned at her "why not? I'd be glad to come." "Great, the house isn't that big and fancy but we do alright." She explained. "You don't need to tell me all this, I'm not choosy I'm actually grateful for your invitation." He said as he held her hands in his. Violet jumped a little as James' hand touched hers, with her eyes widen and her cheeks pink and then she shook her head to try and get herself together by saying in her head it was just a touch.
Thanksgiving day was a busy day for Violet. She helped her mother in the cooking while trying not to be nervous about James that was coming. Her two brothers and her sister started speculating and giving Violet many wild imaginations about how her boss is going to behave at the table. "This Turkey isn't crisp enough! Why is it like that Violet?" They mimicked trying to make Violet laugh but she just shook her head and left. The doorbell rang some minutes after she finished dressing, she opened the door and smiled at James. "You're prompt, come in it's cold outside.I hope this place wasn't hard to find?" She said to him. "Thank you. It wasn't hard to find." He answered as he stepped in to the house. He glanced around the house noticing that it looked homey and the christmas decoration looked like all the family pitched in to do it making it look more special, he could smell the wafting aroma of the turkey which made his mouth water. "You've got a beautiful home here, Violet." "Thank you, let me introduce you to the bunch." She said and led him to the family room. He heard laughter and excited voices which made him miss his family more. They stepped into the family room and Violet started the introduction.

Mismore
Teel123
Nmaglit
Crislyn
Bleecool
Tijehi
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by tijehi(f): 8:05pm On Dec 27, 2016
I can sniff, smell and perceive loooooovvvveeee in the air

1 Like

Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by crislyn(f): 8:26pm On Dec 27, 2016
tijehi:
I can sniff, smell and perceive loooooovvvveeee in the air
I smell it too! I wish this was a movie.

1 Like

Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by ADECULATE(f): 8:27pm On Dec 27, 2016
Dis is getting more hot nd interesting
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by harameede99(f): 8:55pm On Dec 27, 2016
I ve been a guest on nairaland for close to two years naw i jst became a member nd i tell u i ve always luved ya stories if its nt too much to ask cn u pls mention me in d nxt update?*winks*
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by teel123(f): 6:39am On Dec 28, 2016
Larabae please finish this work before the new year n dont forget to feature ur oda stories in dis.

1 Like

Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by Gabbyraze(m): 11:48am On Dec 28, 2016
Going well,thank God I haven't missed much..following

1 Like

Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by teel123(f): 10:11am On Dec 29, 2016
Am monitoring U with 3D, u better come n update. Winks

1 Like

Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by larabae13(f): 12:08pm On Dec 29, 2016
teel123:
Am monitoring U with 3D, u better come n update. Winks
lol I yaf come oo
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by larabae13(f): 12:17pm On Dec 29, 2016
*chapter 3*
"James Kevlar, meet my family." She said and started pointing as she named them "my father, Paul Lorde, my mother, Lilian Lorde, my two brothers Max and William Lorde and Lastly, my sister Elizabeth Lorde but we call her Lizzy." "Nice to meet you all." He said as he smiled. "Everyone this is my boss, James Kevlar" she said to her family who stood up to shake James' hand. "Welcome to our humble abode, it isn't the Ritz but we do fine." Her father said as he clasped his hand on James back. James laughed and said "I'm humbled that you accept in me in your home, Mr Lorde." He was led to seat in a chair next to Violet. James saw that Violet got her red her from her father and grey eyes from her mother but all her siblings has got their mother's blonde hair and their father's blue eyes. They all chatted for a while before Lilian, Violet's mother announced that it was time for dinner. The siblings pitched in helping their mother with carrying the foods to the dining table while James and Paul sat talking about politics. When the table was set and everybody was sitting, Paul, the head of the family did the thanksgiving prayer and they all started to eat. "Wow this is delicious Mrs Lorde, makes me miss my mother's cooking." James said to Mrs Lorde. "There is more if you want more and please call me Lilian." She said as her rosy cheeks glowed in appreciation. The table was a mixture of laughter and talks and there was never a dull moment, even James was amused when the siblings started arguing about music. It made him miss his brother Alan and his twin sister Natalia as he remembered when they were young during thanksgiving dinner, how they argued and snagged each other's food off the plate and how his mother and father laugh at their troublesome nature then his mother would tell them to stop or else there won't be any dessert for any of them.... He was kneed by Violet who was watching him lost in thoughts with a faraway look in his eyes and a silly smile on his face. "Oh sorry, I took a trip down memory lane." He said to her. "Really, how was the trip?" She asked jokingly. "It was fulfiling." He answered back and they laughed. They all had second helpings on the food and moaned loudly when Lilian brought out the dessert which was a chocolate sponge cake. They all dug in even though they complained of being too full. "That was a wonderful dinner Lillian, thank you so much." He grinned at Lillian making her blush. "Thank you. I'm so glad you really enjoyed it." She said back at him. Violet and her siblings cleared the table with James offering to assist in doing the dishes but they shooed him away. He went to sit with Paul and Lillian in the family room, they talked about business and Paul told him about the farm that has been in the family for decades but he didn't tell him that it is in foreclosure. Lillian asked him about his parents and he told them stories about his lovely family with a wistful smile on his face, Violet and her siblings came in as he was in the middle of his story. He checked the time and saw that it was late and stood up to go. They all groaned to see him go but they all said goodbye to him as he was led to the door by Violet with him holding the packed lunch box given to him by Lillian. "That was a very interesting dinner." He said as they walked outside to his car. "Yeah, it was. I'm very glad that you decided to accept my invitation." She said to him. "I really enjoyed myself even though seeing your wonderful family made me home-sick. I really missed all of them, especially my mother's cooking." He said as he rubbed his hands over his neck. Violet gave him a pat on the shoulder as she smiled. James took a step forward to her and brought his head close to hers which made her step back. "Why are you stepping back?" He said with his eyes shining with amusement. "Um-um- i-i" she babbled. He stepped closer to her making her eyes widen like a frightened doe. He bent his head and kissed her. Violet trembled as she was kissed soflty, oh how it feels good she thought. It stopped as quickly as it started. "Goodnight Violet." He said as he steadied her. "Um, yea. Good. Oh sorry, Goodnight James, drive carefully." She said as she smoothened her hair.
James got to his apartment and went straight to the phone. He called home and was relieved when his dad picked up. "Hey son, how are you?" He said cheerfully. "Hey dad, I'm fine. Happy Thanksgiving." "Happy Thanksgiving son" "how is mum? Is she there?" "Yeah, she's here. Let me get her for you." He smiled as he heard his father shouting for his mother. "Hello baby, Is everything alright?" His mother said with worry over the phone . "Aww mum, I just missed you and said I should check up on you and Dad, today being Thanksgiving and all." "I miss you too my boy, Alan and Clara are here with baby Emily. You wanna say hi?" "Yes mum, give it to Alan" he chuckled as he heard his big brother's voice. "Hey little brother, how are you holding up there? " "Big brother, I'm good, how is Emily and Clara?" "They're all fine and full with mom's food. Ouch stop it Clara." James laughed as he heard Clara laughing and dragging the phone with Alan. "Hey brother-in-law." He heard her deep sexy voice says. "I keep telling you to leave that old bugger and run away with me. I'll show you the world." He flirted. He heard everyone's laughter and knew that the call was now on speakerphone. "I'll run away with you if you give me that your car I've always wanted." She replied. "It's all yours beautiful, I'll give you anything you want." He answered softly. "Awwn, sweety but you see, I can't leave this old budger alone because I love him." She said. "Oh! You just broke my poor heart. Why? Oh why?!" He said with drama then said with seriousness. "How is Emily? I've missed you guys." "She's doing fine and we miss you. I hear you're bringing a woman for the christmas gathering." She said to him. "Oh mom, really? You told everybody? Now I won't be able to get out of it." She laughed softly and said. "I can't wait to see her, just stay safe till then alright?" "Alright Clara, I'm really glad I get to speak with all of you. Goodbye Clara." He said and heard shouts of bye-bye as he hanged up the call. He sighed deeply with satisfaction and went off to bed.

Teel123
Nmaglit
Tijehi
Crislyn
Harameede99(thank you for joining us here kiss )
Gabbyraze(thank you)

2 Likes

Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by samyfreshsmooth(m): 1:05pm On Dec 29, 2016
Is dis some kinda female thread or something?......cos all i see are some pretty ladies around and even d op is a lady....

hmmmm i hope am welcomed sha

dis looks like its gonna b a blockburster writeup

nice 1 op.....

I FOLLOW STILL grin
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by larabae13(f): 1:12pm On Dec 29, 2016
samyfreshsmooth:
Is dis some kinda female thread or something?......cos all i see are some pretty ladies around and even d op is a lady....

hmmmm i hope am welcomed sha

dis looks like its gonna b a blockburster writeup

nice 1 op.....

I FOLLOW STILL grin
lolz the guyz are ghost readers they are shy to comment grin
You're really welcome and thank you for commenting

1 Like

Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by teel123(f): 1:56pm On Dec 29, 2016
Thanks for d update but still monitoring.
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by harameede99(f): 7:44pm On Dec 29, 2016
Tnx for d mention ma'm dint wanna quote d whole story nd pls cn u pls rush d updates its lyk i cnt get enuf tnx
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by teel123(f): 10:54pm On Dec 29, 2016
Se i told u am monitoring you with 3D, you are online now, update or i increase to 22D lol.
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by larabae13(f): 11:18pm On Dec 29, 2016
teel123:
Se i told u am monitoring you with 3D, you are online now, update or i increase to 22D lol.
lolz teel easy na grin u wan turn to all-seeing? I'm still writing na
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by larabae13(f): 11:20pm On Dec 29, 2016
harameede99:
Tnx for d mention ma'm dint wanna quote d whole story nd pls cn u pls rush d updates its lyk i cnt get enuf tnx
grin amma try nd speed my writing up...thank you too

1 Like

Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by teel123(f): 11:33pm On Dec 29, 2016
Still waiting
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by larabae13(f): 11:47pm On Dec 29, 2016
teel123:
Still waiting
till 2mao dear,go nd sleep the battery in ur 3D glasses iyaff low so u need to renew it tongue
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by ADECULATE(f): 5:27pm On Dec 30, 2016
Dis is 2marow ooo lara baby. Comma update na pleeeeeeeeeeeese
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by tijehi(f): 6:26pm On Dec 30, 2016
Update ooooo.

I like James. He seems like mischievous dude in a good way.
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by Blecool(f): 7:22pm On Dec 30, 2016
So Sorry I Cud Not Follow Anymore, Bin So Busy...Am Back Now And Waiting For The Next Episode Pls.Nice One So Far.Thumbs Up.Pls Do Mention Me In D Nxt Comment.And Pls U Murdered My Name D Last Time.Its Blecool And Nt Bleecool.Lol
Re: The Kevlar's Emergency Fiancee (chritsmas Edition) by larabae13(f): 4:24pm On Dec 31, 2016
*chapter 4*
"Twin sister mine, how are you doing?" James asked through the phone when he called his sister the next day in his apartment. "I'm alright, Mother said you called them yesterday so I knew you'll soon call me." She answered. "How is Giovani? And my baby Sofia? With my best boy Tommy". He asked which made her laugh softly "They're all doing great, Tommy keeps asking when he's going to see his uncle Jamie since your last visit to italy and I told him he is going to see his uncle jamie at the christmas gathering." He chuckled and said. "I miss him too, I really can't wait to see you guys." "Yea me too, oh! gotta go, Sofia is pouring her food on her body. Love you." She said and hung up. He shook his head and went to his work out room to work out. As he was on the treadmill, his thoughts went to Violet and her family. Her father was an upright man who loves his family and he could see that they were all a tight bunch. He slowed for some seconds when an idea got into his head, he contemplated on it for some time and hoped it would work out. He smiled to himself as he stopped the treadmill, wiping off the sweats on his face with a towel. He went to his room and had a shower. After he finished dressing, He picked up his phone and called Violet. "Hey Violet, I need to run something by you. Are you free?" He asked when he heard her voice. "Yeah. I'm not doing anything at the moment." She answered. "Good, let's meet up at Rowley's restaurant near piccadilly circus." "Oh alright. I'll be there."
Violet went into the restaurant and saw James already seated in a table nearest to the door and took a seat opposite his. The waiter asked for their order which they checked the menu on the table and told him their preference. "Thank you for showing up on short notice." He said and smiled at her. "No, it's cool. I wasn't doing anything important anyways." She answered thinking about how she was glad to go out of her apartment. They talked about yesterday's dinner and how it went then the waiter brought their food. "So, I'm here and we're through with eating. What do you want to run by me?" Violet said when they finished eating and the table had been cleared. "Right. I have a proposition for you." He started. "Ok, I'm listening." "I want you to pose as my fiancee for a while but most importantly the Kevlar christmas gathering." He dropped. "What?" She said with surprise in her eyes. "It's simple. You help me, I help you. I like your family, and I don't want to see the house and the farm in the hands of the bank." He continued. "You knew?" She squeaked out. "I don't just employ randomly. Background checks are run on all of my employees." He answered and continued. "I'll clear all the debts if you agree to be my fiancee till after the christmas gathering." "But you've got many women at your beck and call. There are many women who wouldn't even hesitate to be your wife." She said with mixed feelings of anger, and sadness. "They're not women you could take to one's mother. You're beautiful and fun to be with and smart too." He said carefully not wanting to ruin it. She massaged her temples as she thought about it with a frown on her face and the anger won. " I'm not a woman good enough to date, I'm not a woman you could take to your mother without dangling a price out? or until I pose as a fake fiancee? Your real fiancee would be real lucky because she'll be courted and cherished without ulterior motives." She said with anger storms in her eyes, stood up quickly and went out of the restaurant. James sighed in regret as Violet stormed out, at least he tried, He thought as he signaled for the bill. She seethed with anger from the restaurant to her apartment. "He thinks I have no feelings. He thinks I don't want to have a man in my life. I'm a woman with needs for crying out loud! I want a man who would love me, cherish me and want me for who I am without ulterior motives." She said to herself as she paced to and fro her living room then she sat down suddenly. He's offering to pay the debts, it'll be a burden lifted away from her shoulders and her father's. And what she was to do was not that bad, it is quite simple to act like one's fiancee. She thought. She went to bed that night with an answer to give to James tomorrow morning.
"Excuse me sir, miss Violet is here to see you." James heard his secretary said on the intercom and wondered what Violet has come to see him for and checked his watch, it was almost time for his monday meetings with departmental heads. "Send her in." He answered. James head came up when he heard the door close and watched Violet as she came in. "Hello, Violet. I want to apologize to you of my behaviour yesterday." He said as he stood up to meet her. "No, you don't need to apologize. I'm here to tell you that I accept your offer, I'll be your fiancee." She said with little enthusiasm. "Look, you don't have to do it. I'll find another option." He said with his eyes on her strained face. "I'll do it. I'm not going to let you talk me out of it." She said with conviction. "Alright, we'll talk about this over dinner. I'm late for a meeting. I'll call you for the time and venue." He said as he checked his watch. "Right, I'm sorry for delaying you. I'm on the 5th floor if you need to send word to me." She said and exited his office. James went to his meeting and then found himself neck deep in work. He blinked a few times when his secretary informed him it was closing hour. He wanted to continue but remembered Violet, he packed his files into the briefcase and got out of the office.
"You're looking beautiful tonight." James said to Violet as they were seated in the restaurant. The waiter poured wine for both of them and left to see to their order. "Thank you. You look nice too." She said and picked her glass. James brought something out of his pocket and said "may I have your hand?" She raised her eyebrow but gave him her hand and gasped when she saw the big diamond ring he was inserting to her finger. "Perfect. What do you think? He asked ."It's huge, I hope I won't lose it." She said. He raised his glass and said "To us." "To us" she answeres and they drank. "What will we tell people who ask us about our love story?" She asked as they were eating. "We met, we fell for each other." He said and shrugged. "If you say so." She said and got back to her food. "Thank you for the drive home" she said as she got down from his car. "Wait, let me walk you to your door." He said as he struggled to remove his seat belts. "No you don't need to, we're not dating or anything. I can walk myself to the door. Goodnight James." She said and slammed the car door. James watched her as she went and frowned his face in confusion thinking what he did to her to get a cold shoulder.

Tijehi
Blecool
Harameede99
Teel123
Samyfreshsmooth
Nmaglit
Crislyn
Gabbyraze
Collinometrix

I'm sorry guyz that it was late, I'm not feeling too well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: Bride Price Should Be Abolished, I'm Not A Fan Of It / Twisted Love / Awaken: Divine Hunter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.