Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! (56703 Views)

Hajiya Talatu Starts Trekking From Kaduna-abuja To Celebrate Buhari (photo) / Hamisu Abubakar, The Man Trekking From Lagos To Abuja Now In FCT / Man Trekking From Lagos To Abuja Receives Royal Welcome In Minna (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Cutehector(m): 10:59am On Apr 21, 2015
I will set up a committee to look into this matter. grin

2 Likes

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by stagger: 11:00am On Apr 21, 2015
annibro:

D route he took is shorter. From minna to Lagos via Bida-Mokwa- Jebba- Kwara axis to Lagos is approx 6hrs by road.
Yes I plied dat route severally as a corper. On a particular occasion, my taxi left kpakungu (minna) by 7.15am & by 2.30pm, I was by Redeeem camp. Mind u, we stopped over Jebba 2 eat, bot fuel, little hold up at ibadan-Lag xpress rd etc.

It is very possible my bros
D Lagoon is still open 4 Haters!

Can you tell us the state of the Bida-Mokwa-Jebba road?
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by damola311: 11:03am On Apr 21, 2015
Anybody wey believe this guy actually treck na mumu e be....... Lagos - abuja?

Unless they present documentation of him in lagos, ibadan, oyo town, ogbomosho, ilorin, jebba,......... I only heard about this guy being in kutigi niger state like 10 days ago( out of the 18 days )...... Could he have used 8 days to treck from lagos to kutigi?..... I'm sure most of u that believe never travelled from lagos to Abj b4 and see how far and rough the road is.

To those following google map saying Lagos - Abj is 9 hours +, una well done........ Lagos - Niger(minna) self na 10 hours + ......... Minna - Abj is like 3 hours........ So thatz fucking 14 - 15 hours

4 Likes

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Nig4Greatness: 11:04am On Apr 21, 2015
As for me,I found it difficult to believe that trekking story because nobody was with him all through the journey.this is also a failure on the part of our journalists unlike western countries,there would have been media coverage all through the journey.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by hardbody: 11:04am On Apr 21, 2015
abduljabbar4:
These bastards have come again with their jealousy. Vex and trek too. Fool, can you walk from one LGA to another? This guy will receive an award and if you don't like that, there are 1000000000 ways to commit suicide.

He fvcking did not walk. You guys get scammed black and blue all the time. Use ur head if you have one. At best the guy walked by day and hitched by night. How could he walk that distance in those number of days and remain this fresh
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Bants(m): 11:05am On Apr 21, 2015
Nigerians for ever doubting i hope he was able to raise money during his walk cos if he didnt den hin just waka for nothing
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by sweatholder(m): 11:05am On Apr 21, 2015
To craze no hard na the trekking oo

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 21, 2015
temitemi1:
It is only a mad man that will trek from lagos to abuja grin cheesy

Jokes aside...there are people who walk and even run that distance around the world.

They are called ultra-marathoners.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by hahn(m): 11:06am On Apr 21, 2015
Mogidi:

grin grin grin grin

How could anyone walk non stop 24/7, stop pretending to be stupid.

They aren't pretending. They are actually stupid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by boxypane(m): 11:08am On Apr 21, 2015
Hehehehehehehheee... Sharp guy.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by FAPatriot(m): 11:09am On Apr 21, 2015
He trekked from 6am to 6PM and resides in the city he is till the next morning before setting out again.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Nicepoker(m): 11:10am On Apr 21, 2015
Long walk to freedom
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by AlphaDibia(m): 11:12am On Apr 21, 2015
We know you got mathematical skills but this is pure crap. No other information exist other that he trekked long distance

chatupkay:
Here's the arithemetic:

Average Speed for Human: 5KM per Hour
Maximum number of Hours trekked per day: 12 Hours
Total Distance Lagos to Abuja: 736KM (approx)

Distance covered in a day: 5*12 == 60KM
Numbers of days needed to cover to 736KM: 736KM/60KM === 12.26 days.

So if he spent 18 days to get to abuja, then it's justified considering the stopovers and he might have walked at a lower speed

Conclusion
He actually trekked dat distance..... A round of applause for dis guy!!!!
Congrat to Hamisu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by virus05(m): 11:13am On Apr 21, 2015
idupaul:
I noticed there is no pic or documentation of him trekking through the south west . Documentation commenced just in Niger State and strangely it took him a lot more time to move from Niger to Abj than it took him to get from Lagos to Niger .I know its possible to trek that far but the lack of proper documentation leaves me feeling some type of way bout this
thanks bros...u r dere

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by ZUBY77(m): 11:14am On Apr 21, 2015
abduljabbar4:
These bastards have come again with their jealousy. Vex and trek too. Fool, can you walk from one LGA to another? This guy will receive an award and if you don't like that, there are 1000000000 ways to commit suicide.

So. If someone tries to find out the truth, it becomes jealousy.
Animal

3 Likes

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Adeyinka12(m): 11:14am On Apr 21, 2015
CharlesPhc:
[b]On an ideal situation (Road Conditions, Diversions, Weather Conditions, Traffic, etc. affect driving distance), a driving journey from Lagos to Abuja by road (Lagos --> Abuja) is approximately 587 Minutes - 9 hour(s) 47 minutes(s). That means it would take a car in good working condition just approximately 10 hours from Lagos to Abuja by the route on the Map below.

Having said that, what time would it take an average person to walk the same distance? How many hours would he have to walk each day? And in how many days would he complete his journey?

Let's assume Buhari was officially declared winner of the election on the 30th of March 2015 and our trekking guy started his journey on the 2nd of April 2015....!!! If by 20th of April 2015 Hamisu Abubakar arrived the FCT on foot, it is also confortable to conclude that it took him 18days to walk from Lagos to Abuja on foot. 24 Hours in a day by 18days would be 432 Hours.... How many hours did he walk each day to complete his task in 18 days considering the fact that from Lagos to Abuja is approximately 736.6km? Still loading.........

. [/b]
i beg don't do theory or mathematic for here,you too start your own trek from lagos to abuja before judge.

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Eyepencil: 11:15am On Apr 21, 2015
Xetima:
Where in Lagos did he start from? Does he have neighbours? Who saw when he started the trekking? When did he cross Ogun, Ondo, all the way to Niger state?
All of a sudden, the man appeared in Niger state about a week ago. If it took him about a week to trek from first time he was reported in Niger state to Abuja, how come from Lagos to Niger took him just 1.5 weeks? Gullible Nigerians! LOL! Believe this you will believe anything! I hope Buhari will not subscribe into this scam
Bro you get sense! dis guys just dey use us dey play
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by M4gunners: 11:17am On Apr 21, 2015
APC and their lie lie continue. He no walk anything jare .
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by benuejosh: 11:18am On Apr 21, 2015
Crocz:
Except you develop a complex mathematical model for it, I don't see how you can know for certain if it's possible to walk or if he did walk from Lagos to Abj in that time....cos there are some many factors to consider:
* did he follow conventional car route?
* how many mins/hours did he take to rest, eat and/ sleep, chat?
* at what pace was he walking
* did he maintain the same pace all through the journey?...he could jug a while

Now assuming he lag in one or more of the above which still doesn't account for all the factors or parameters in this context, then we can take the lag as "U"...and give a linear model as:

¥ = a + bC + b2R + b3P + .... + U

Where ¥ = number of hours it took him
a = constant
b = coefficients
U = error term/lag
In theory, it means the number of hours it took him to walk the journey depends on the distance C, rest hours R, walking pace P and other factors.

The statisticians and mathematicians can take it from here *sigh*
econometrics don suffer. Bros did you read economics?
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by virus05(m): 11:19am On Apr 21, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Jokes aside...there are people who walk and even run that distance around the world.

They are called ultra-marathoners.
lol..u be scrap

1 Like

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 21, 2015
Hmmm

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Emmabrams(m): 11:20am On Apr 21, 2015
I respect the guy lie...trekking 4rm lagos to abuja.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by esere826: 11:20am On Apr 21, 2015
lol charlesPhc

u neva see anything yet ooo
u created a simple post which simply invited people to critique/think

dem go curse u tire, turn u to apc or Pdp or even tribalist
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by samceezhar(m): 11:22am On Apr 21, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Oga Jabbar, the OP hasn't done anything wrong in asking those germane questions. Infact, I applaud him for raising them.
Pls, this is the time to be thinkers so that we all can encourage accountability and transparency in govt and social lives.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by VIPERVENOM(m): 11:23am On Apr 21, 2015
Haters gonna hate. I dont know whether these ppl were blind wen this thread was on front page last week

www.nairaland.com/2252008/man-treks-lagos-abuja-fulfil

Other threads were created updating us but neva made fp
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by CharlesPhc: 11:24am On Apr 21, 2015
Ok here's the map of the Guy's actual movement according to him (The Red line). He said he started his journey the very next day Buhari was declared winner which would be on the 31st of March. He completed his trip in 21 days rather than the 18 days initially stated.

Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by nairabetguru(m): 11:24am On Apr 21, 2015
booking my space....

will come back to comment later tongue
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by overlord77: 11:27am On Apr 21, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Dude, reason with your brain for once and stop swallowing everything you are dished. From all the variables involved in calculating this man's trip, it's humanly impossible for this man to 've completed his trip under 18days. Period.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by yungwizzy(m): 11:27am On Apr 21, 2015
Nna all dis na wyning...na who go waka dis kind waka??if him try am na die him dey naw!!all dis 9ja boys wit dia scamming!!
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by bluice2(m): 11:27am On Apr 21, 2015
CharlesPhc ignore any insults on the forum. I like when people read in between lines and think outside the box. Like you pointed out, it was only meant for the intelligent ones to brainstorm the facts and validate its possibility or impossibilities, as the case may be.
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Pinkieblue(f): 11:27am On Apr 21, 2015
This guy na bad guy!!!!! He don go cook himself b4 he begin waka..... I just have 2 questions. (1) what's next for the guy after this long waka ? (2)which time nollywood go release their own long waka movie.....but seriously o!!!! Lagos to abuja within 20 days haba guy. U for extend am for a month and 2 weeks na.... Dats when I for believe u
Re: Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!! by Toks2008(m): 11:27am On Apr 21, 2015
CharlesPhc:

Good thinking...!!! That was just what i wanted to achieve, to have young Nigerians with Engineering/Mathematical Mind-set to analyze issues rather than just swallow everything that is dished out to them

I love your meticulous nature. it goes to show how independent your mindset is.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Inside Ilu Aje, A Ghost Village In Oyo, Where Money Has No Value. / Charly Boy Reacts As Supreme Court Sacks Ihedioha, Says "Imo State Is Gone" / Sowore Celebrating Buhari’s Victory In 2015. Reno Omokri Shares Throwback Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.