Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. (32111 Views)

Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) / Lagos Threatens To Seize Trucks Between 6am And 9pm / Ladipo Market Crisis Deepens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Demdem(m): 12:24pm On Apr 21, 2015
CyberWolf:
then shut the fvck up or go and die if you are not a stakeholder..hopeless bastard

fool, what does ur cursed state got to do with ibos causing havoc in Ladipo and the need to impose Baba Oloja on them to instill discipline?
Are u a ladipo stakeholder? then u must be one of the trouble makers. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by obinto: 12:26pm On Apr 21, 2015
Demdem:

These lots have proven to be indisciplined on a foreign land. Baba oloja will instill discipline which will invariably save lives.
As long as lagos is part of the country Nigerian, it can never be regarded as a foreign land to Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Arysexy(m): 12:26pm On Apr 21, 2015
Demdem:

in otherwords, these ibos are foolish to have allowed themselves to be used by yorubas to kill themselves right?

Yea as foolish as yoruba's Gani Adams that was used to foment trouble in Lagos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Demdem(m): 12:26pm On Apr 21, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
You are really going too far. Hope all is ok with you anyway.

Too bad

Well, i just believe a very strong Baba oloja should be imposed on the market and not just any calm and docile person. Am perfectly cool.
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Demdem(m): 12:27pm On Apr 21, 2015
obinto:

As long as lagos is part of the country Nigerian, it can never be regarded as a foreign land to Nigerians.

Go tell that to ur ancestors in Onitsha.

3 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Demdem(m): 12:28pm On Apr 21, 2015
Arysexy:

Yea as foolish as Gani Adams that was used to foment trouble in Lagos

Jonah-daft the hopeless fool used Gani Adams. His backbone will be no more after May 29.

2 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by frisky2good(m): 12:29pm On Apr 21, 2015
Is the whole of Ladipo market a cemetery? How can people running businesses that are not related be fighting?
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 21, 2015
Demdem:

Fool noted.
Okay
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Texcoco(m): 12:29pm On Apr 21, 2015
Tymax:

Lol. Be practical. How many of them would dare to relocate?

Fortunately, the two parties are comprised of Igbos. If they cannot find a peaceful resolution, the government will shut down the market and collect a huge fine before lifting the ban. The innocent traders among them will just suffer for what they didn't do.
If businness environment becomes too inconducive they won't wait for you to relocate.....How do you suppose markets like Aspamda,Alaba etc sprung from??
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by hansad: 12:30pm On Apr 21, 2015
Demdem:

Naughty Ibos causing problem in yoruba land.
The only solution is to impose baba oloja on them to make them conform.

Ignorant Yoruba branding people of the same country as strangers in Lagos. In no one country can a city brand citizens as strangers because the grand grand parents of the citizens were not from the city.

This is a sign of growing illiteracy in Yorubaland - gradually moving to Western Education is Haram, thanks Jagaband.

3 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by CyberWolf: 12:31pm On Apr 21, 2015
Demdem:

fool, what does ur cursed state got to do with ibos causing havoc in Ladipo and the need to impose Baba Oloja on them to instill discipline?
Anu mpama
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by BermudaTriangle(m): 12:32pm On Apr 21, 2015
abu12:
Vanguard newspaper version - By Esther Onyegbula
LAGOS—No fewer than five persons were injured as two groups of traders in Ladipo Market clashed over the just-concluded governorship election in Lagos State.
It was gathered that a vice chairman of an automobile association allegedly led a group of armed hoodlums to harass traders and passers-by.
The traders called on Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Kayode Aderanti, to come to their rescue as their lives were under threat for refusing to support the candidate of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
Mr. Christopher Nzeribe, a trader, said: “They have told us that they would make the market uncomfortable for those of us that did not support the PDP governorship candidate in Lagos State.
“We urged the state government to call the executives of the market to order, because majority of us who were traders in the market were only looking for our daily bread.”
Another trader, who simply identified himself as Okafor, said: “Before the 2015 general elections, there was peace and harmony among the traders in the market. The executives of the market have been intimidating and harassing us for supporting the candidate of All Progressives Congress, APC, since after the election. We cannot trade and walk freely in the market any more.
“Five traders are lying critically ill at a private hospital receiving treatment for the injury they sustained from the attacked unleashed on them by the hoodlums of the executives.”
A woman that sells drinks, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said: “What I am witnessing as a trader in the market is becoming unbearable as all my assorted drinks were carted away by the hoodlums loyal to the central market executives.”
WhenVanguardvisited the market, Policemen from Alakara Division and OP-MESA were on ground to prevent further breakdown of law and order.
When the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Kenneth Nwsosu, was contacted on the incident, he promised to call back. At press time, he had not called.
M

A bloody liar playing to the gallery, this Nzeribe. Insinuating that they voted for APC which they didn't. It's not as if that matters since it's democracy but displaying a turncoat gimmick to win undeserved sympathy is despicable.

1 Like

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Demdem(m): 12:33pm On Apr 21, 2015
hansad:

Ignorant Yoruba branding people of the same country as strangers inn Lagos. In no one country can a city brand citizens as strangers because the grand grand parents of the citizens were not from the city.

This is a sign of growing illiteracy in Yorubaland.

Oponu, am here based in IkwereLand and av been so for decades. this rubbish doesnt apply to them. As it is here so it is in iboland.
Does this mean illiteracy continues to grow in these places also?

2 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Demdem(m): 12:33pm On Apr 21, 2015
CyberWolf:
Anu mpama

Ur papa
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by nortcentrallord(m): 12:33pm On Apr 21, 2015
Demdem:

Go and die.

Run along child but don't 4gt what I said earlier.
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 21, 2015
superstar1:

You wish it was. Unfortunately it's not.

Cry me holy water or jump into the lagoon.

There have been several talks about expelling igbos out of Lagos. We are waiting oooo, wen u will try it, U will know who owns Lagos.

Dream on.

1 Like

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by walozanga(m): 12:34pm On Apr 21, 2015
Demdem:

These lots have proven to be indisciplined on a foreign land. Baba oloja will instill discipline which will invariably save lives.

foreign land indeed...
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by BermudaTriangle(m): 12:35pm On Apr 21, 2015
shizzleStar:
DemdeMad why don't you go and impose the baba oloja yourself and make them conform?. Hopeless monkey

A jungle ape calling someone a monkey. Mtscw. What will you say when the place is shut down? Fool.

2 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Demdem(m): 12:35pm On Apr 21, 2015
nortcentrallord:

Run along child but don't 4gt what I said earlier.

i dont keep stupid post in my memory.

1 Like

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by walozanga(m): 12:35pm On Apr 21, 2015
Demdem:

DONT MIND THAT GOAT
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Demdem(m): 12:35pm On Apr 21, 2015
walozanga:

foreign land indeed...

Yes, ibos causing havoc on Yoruba land.

1 Like

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by freshcvvs: 12:36pm On Apr 21, 2015
Setaje:

Oga it's not my conspiracy theory as I have been hearing it for sometime. Yesterday most yoruba genre entertainers matched to government office and Fashola addressed them. From what I heard they want the total closure of Alaba market cus of piracy. That's the root cause. So I am not making up stories.

As for computer village and Ladipo. The master plan of lagos state shows that those areas are residential. This is not the first time such issue is coming up. There have been plans to relocate them for a long time for some reason, it was quenched. Only for it t o resurface again. Lagos State government plans to follow the master plan of lagos. By doing that a lot of businesses will be affected. Houses will go too. I heard from a reliable source hence I have been voicing out. So please this is beyond conspiracy.

And is this a bad thing? undecided
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Demdem(m): 12:37pm On Apr 21, 2015
BermudaTriangle:

A jungle ape calling someone a monkey. Mtscw. What will you say when the place is shut down? Fool.

I dont even want the place to be shut down. Baba Oloja is needed to instill discipline. That is the way forward.

2 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by walozanga(m): 12:37pm On Apr 21, 2015
Demdem:

Well, i just believe a very strong Baba oloja should be imposed on the market and not just any calm and docile person. Am perfectly cool.

May they should appoint ur father there.. Anu ofia
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by walozanga(m): 12:38pm On Apr 21, 2015
Demdem:

Yes, ibos causing havoc on Yoruba land.

I shouldn't start educating u
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by BermudaTriangle(m): 12:39pm On Apr 21, 2015
Texcoco:
Mushin LG wouldn't dare, worse still to inflame matters, installing a locale who has no stake nor experience on a useless traditional office as baba oloja.....talk about shooting your revenue in the foot....Corrupt lazy Bureacrats will go hungry for days

You always talk like a buffoon who uses his pen while his brain is set aside. Let's wait and see what your likes will do if the place is shut down should the crisis lingers.

4 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by walozanga(m): 12:41pm On Apr 21, 2015
obinto:

U have time to make it clear to them... They should go and check if igbos are not holding any political post in there said land
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Demdem(m): 12:42pm On Apr 21, 2015
walozanga:

May they should appoint ur father there.. Anu ofia

Fool, ur father isnt qualified to be baba oloja in Ladipo.
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Setaje(f): 12:42pm On Apr 21, 2015
freshcvvs:

And is this a bad thing? undecided

Certainly not. But the government I no likes doing wuruwuru. Before embarking on things like this. There should be enough notice on ground. I doubt if most traders no that at anytime the government can come and change them. So it's not a bad thing but people need to be aware of the possibilities.
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Demdem(m): 12:42pm On Apr 21, 2015
walozanga:

I shouldn't start educating u

U can only spread foolishness. Excuse me.

1 Like

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by BermudaTriangle(m): 12:45pm On Apr 21, 2015
Setaje:
I've been saying it and nobody is listening to me. Ladipo market and computer village is gonna be relocated. Alaba market is gonna be shut down completely using piracy as an excuse. Ladipo also is a residential area same as computer village. It's all gonna happen when ambode assumes office.

And it's about time too. The residents of those areas you mentioned have suffered enough or haven't they. Even those who visit these areas for business occasionally wish they never had to go there. I don't envy the residents at all. They need a breathing space.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NAF Attacks Boko Haram Terrorist Locations In Borno, Kills Many Of Them(video) / Only Buhari Can Determine Extension Of Lockdown In Lagos, FCT – FG / 2 Lagos-Based Igbo Men Show Support For Tinubu (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.