Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,924 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. (32104 Views)

Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) / Lagos Threatens To Seize Trucks Between 6am And 9pm / Ladipo Market Crisis Deepens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 21, 2015
Setaje:

Oga it's not my conspiracy theory as I have been hearing it for sometime. Yesterday most yoruba genre entertainers matched to government office and Fashola addressed them. From what I heard they want the total closure of Alaba market cus of piracy. That's the root cause. So I am not making up stories.

As for computer village and Ladipo. The master plan of lagos state shows that those areas are residential. This is not the first time such issue is coming up. There have been plans to relocate them for a long time for some reason, it was quenched. Only for it t o resurface again. Lagos State government plans to follow the master plan of lagos. By doing that a lot of businesses will be affected. Houses will go too. I heard from a reliable source hence I have been voicing out. So please this is beyond conspiracy.

Setaje, I hope the implementation of the master plan will not only be at Alaba and Computer village oo if you understand what i mean.
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Remarkable: 2:17pm On Apr 21, 2015
reborn1:
[s][/s]

Just shut it there mofo, You are part of the goat causing trouble on this forum. Is Lagos your father's land? You just talk anyhow without using your demented brain. Mugun
haba, you dey vex o. why not point what I've said that you disagree with and lets talk about it... I can`t see anything I said that isn't true, no, it is not my father`s, I said it is no man`s land, so dunno where you got that from...
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by omonnakoda: 2:19pm On Apr 21, 2015
Texcoco:
If you want to make honey,you don't drive out the bees out of political vendetta?? If Ambode decides to reduce the revenue profile of his State and LGs that is his funeral but what is clear is that the igbo traders are market creators and will go elsewhere to create another booming economic micro-climate......It never keeps getting better for these business men.
Ladipo is not a significant source of revenue for LASG, The more important clients like Dangote and Otedola are less stress and low maintenace. Others are the manufacturers in Ikeja. Ladipo is more important to the Local Government and they can be replaced with more productive ventures I think a mall will sit nicely there with a cinema

8 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by CyberWolf: 2:20pm On Apr 21, 2015
Demdem:

Ur papa
grin..funny old Buffon
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by omonnakoda: 2:21pm On Apr 21, 2015
Mynd44:

A district can be changed from a trading to residential or from residential to trading or even to an industrial zone.

Would you call Awolowo road a residential zone right now? Forget what it used to be. You think the Ikeja local government is about to give themselves headache and loss of revenue because they want to change a residential zone which was changed to a trading zone back to residential because some online tribal bigots want to wave their joysticks?

That area has been converted into a trading zone and the best the government can do is instil the laws attached to trading zones
Only if the government agree.But we that voted them in have told them we don't want Ladipo kind of business. We want a mall and that is what we will get.
Eko oo ni boje

5 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by reborn1: 2:21pm On Apr 21, 2015
[s]
Remarkable:
haba, you dey vex o. why not point what I've said that you disagree with and lets talk about it... I can`t see anything I said that isn't true, no, it is not my father`s, I said it is no man`s land, so dunno where you got that from...
[/s]

I am saying the same, its your fathers land. I have noticed how you display your foolishness everywhere by causing trouble and insulting other people's tribe. You are just a nuisance without a functioning brain. Continue with your stupidity. Fool

2 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by omonnakoda: 2:22pm On Apr 21, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Setaje, I hope the implementation of the master plan will not only be at Alaba and Computer village oo if you understand what i mean.
When you start barbing the hair you can start at the front or back ,does not matter.If you stop at one part we will call it "style or fashion"
Lagos Style

3 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by freshcvvs: 2:31pm On Apr 21, 2015
Setaje:

Like calling them and holding a meeting wiv the market leaders is more civil.

And you think this hasn't been done before? which government would just wake up in the morning and move a market without meeting with the representative? grin grin grin grin
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Darlduchi: 2:32pm On Apr 21, 2015
It does not come to any one as a surprise. there has to be a justification to cripple the business of Biafrans in Lagos and other places, if not by setting it ablaze, its by a violent protest in the case of Chisco Motors, and most recent the use of hoodlums by the so called civilized government of Lagos to fight for relevance where they have no business at all.

Is it by accident that within five months businesses of Biafrans in lagos was completely razed down?

WHEN THE OBA THREATENING TO DROWN IGBOS BIAFRANS IN THE LAGOON, HE DOES NOT MEAN IT LATERALLY, RATHER HE WAS REFERRING TO THEIR ABILITY TO CRIPPLE BUSINESSES OWNED BY BIAFRANS.
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Remarkable: 2:34pm On Apr 21, 2015
reborn1:
[s][/s]

I am saying the same, its your fathers land. I have noticed how you display your foolishness everywhere by causing trouble and insulting other people's tribe. You are just a nuisance without a functioning brain. Continue with your stupidity. Fool
You see, you still can NOT point out what I've said that is bothering you; you cant even understand my post... we are not saying the same: it is NOT my father's land, but homie, honestly, if you have land that your father passed down to you, and you want to sell it to me or another Igbo guy... just don't turn around and start getting angry at them for buying land from you and stating that they rightfully own the land.... cause I think that might be what`s vexing you... is it? if its not, I give up... and please stop abusing me before I start returning the favor...

and its funny that you have noticed my posts on NL but have not noticed that it is always in response to someone else, probably you in your other ids, chatting pooh about other tribes... abegi carry time...
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by omonnakoda: 2:40pm On Apr 21, 2015
No one makes more money than Northerners selling foodstuff foreign exchange and cattle in Lagos as far as trading in shops( a relatively minor part of why Lagos is what it is) is concerned but there are others who make millions daily in manufacturing banking,finance and the capital market or petroleum. Why are the indigenes not angry with Northerners.Because they come and face their work which is what Hooshay needs to learn.Stop making noise and make your money as you claim to.Rather than displaying your profound and deep low self esteem with the endless and obnoxious chest beating.Are there not Indians cleaning up in Lagos ,do we here noise from them? Are not the Lebanese about to clean up with Eko Atlantic city. Why all the noise about fake spare parts and pirated films
E simi ariwo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Obynolee(f): 2:40pm On Apr 21, 2015
Mynd44:
The most annoying part is that the warring bodies won't be affected much if the market is closed. It will affect the guys who are not even involved in the madness most

You are absolutely right
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Eluwilussit(m): 2:44pm On Apr 21, 2015
There are a lot of idiiots here, without common sense. Everything doesn't have to go down to tribe and ethnicity. I am sure there are a few non Igbos in that market. It can't be 100% igbo.

Every market is made up of two sides. The sellers and the buyers. There will be no market without the two sides at all times. So when the authorities conclude that it is between the Igbos, it can only be because of bias. I am sure more than half of the buyers are not Igbos. So do the authorities consider that? Abi na Igbos dey sell and Igbos dey buy?

Ladipo is serving everyone within the area. More so, there are other small businesses going on there to support the part dealers. Like food vendors, agbo sellers, shoe cobblers and shiners etc. These are not necessarily Igbos. So one would expect the authorities to look at the whole picture, instead of making it Igbo affairs. There's need for the authorities to step in and if necessary, the matter should be taken to court for proper settlement.

We are all Nigerians and should act as one.

2 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Demdem2: 2:45pm On Apr 21, 2015
crusufixo:

La chin ga la rata....

Isi pu to........ angry

ur mama
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Demdem2: 2:46pm On Apr 21, 2015
Ogatitus:
Wonder why u guys hate dem igbos soo much. U jst making them look special

Nothing in that post u qouted justified what u stated.
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by kritikali(m): 2:47pm On Apr 21, 2015
Demdem:

These lots have proven to be indisciplined on a foreign land. Baba oloja will instill discipline which will invariably save lives.

So Lagos is now a foreign land to igbos..what exactly makes u diff frm S/A animals?

1 Like

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by pure2012soul(m): 2:53pm On Apr 21, 2015
Demdem:

Naughty Ibos causing problem in yoruba land.
The only solution is to impose baba oloja on them to make them conform.
Come over let me sell you some common sense. Your brain is obviously not functioning. Haba!!!
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Demdem2: 2:54pm On Apr 21, 2015
Ogatitus:
Wonder why u guys hate dem igbos soo much. U jst making them look special

Nothing in that post u quoted justified what u stated.
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by smartigo: 2:55pm On Apr 21, 2015
Mynd44:

Back off a little....how is computer village and Alaba sitting in residential zones? Have you been to Computer village before? That place is a trade zone abeg.

Go away with your conspiracy

theories
I don't know if it is a conspiracy theory but what I know is Computer village is residential. I grew up in Ikeja, Seriki Aro street precisely. It is just 5 minutes walk to Pebble street. Believe me, I was shocked how the whole place changed after schooling. Anyway, it is none of my business what govt choose to do or not to do.
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by aderonila18: 2:58pm On Apr 21, 2015
omonnakoda:
No one makes more money than Northerners selling foodstuff foreign exchange and cattle in Lagos as far as trading in shops( a relatively minor part of why Lagos is what it is) is concerned but there are others who make millions daily in manufacturing banking,finance and the capital market or petroleum. Why are the indigenes not angry with Northerners.Because they come and face their work which is what Hooshay needs to learn.Stop making noise and make your money as you claim to.Rather than displaying your profound and deep low self esteem with the endless and obnoxious chest beating.Are there not Indians cleaning up in Lagos ,do we here noise from them? Are not the Lebanese about to clean up with Eko Atlantic city. Why all the noise about fake spare parts and pirated films
E simi ariwo

Thank you, Northerners make their money but you'll never see them bragging or claiming to be Lagosians. They do their business but never forget their home
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by omonnakoda: 2:58pm On Apr 21, 2015
smartigo:
I don't know if it is a conspiracy theory but what I know is Computer village is residential. I grew up in Ikeja, Seriki Aro street precisely. It is just 5 minutes walk to Pebble street. Believe me, I was shocked how the whole place changed after schooling. Anyway, it is none of my business what govt choose to do or not to do.
If you go to Aba or Onitsha that is how the animals live they do not understand the meaning of laws

1 Like

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by omonnakoda: 2:59pm On Apr 21, 2015
aderonila18:

Thank you, the northerners are more cultured when to their hosts unlike the Igbos. Northerners make their money but you'll never see them bragging or claiming to be Lagosians. They do their business but never forget their home
In the other case their homeland is overpopulated god forsaken barren red soil so they don't like to return
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Demdem2: 3:07pm On Apr 21, 2015
CyberWolf:
grin..my papa be funny old Buffon

Wellsaid
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Demdem2: 3:08pm On Apr 21, 2015
kritikali:

So Lagos is now a foreign land to igbos..what exactly makes u diff frm S/A animals?

Yes lagos is a foreign land to ibos the same way onitsha is a foreign land to none ibos.
Fool, this shouldn't be too difficult for u to decode.

3 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Demdem2: 3:09pm On Apr 21, 2015
pure2012soul:

Come over let me sell you some common sense. Your brain is obviously not functioning. Haba!!!

Goon, u made no sense.
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by reborn1: 3:14pm On Apr 21, 2015
[s]
Remarkable:
You see, you still can NOT point out what I've said that is bothering you; you cant even understand my post... we are not saying the same: it is NOT my father's land, but homie, honestly, if you have land that your father passed down to you, and you want to sell it to me or another Igbo guy... just don't turn around and start getting angry at them for buying land from you and stating that they rightfully own the land.... cause I think that might be what`s vexing you... is it? if its not, I give up... and please stop abusing me before I start returning the favor...

and its funny that you have noticed my posts on NL but have not noticed that it is always in response to someone else, probably you in your other ids, chatting pooh about other tribes... abegi carry time...
[/s]

Who the Bleep is talking about some rubbish land. Are you Igbos the only one that buy land in Lagos. Is there no native and locals in Lagos? You are calling some peoples home town no mans land and you are smiling. If you aint a miserable being, why do you guys travel for Easter and xmas. Native of Lagos stay in Lagos cos its there home. Is your state of Origin Lagos yet you calling peoples home state no mans land.

I am not insulting you but letting you know you are a fool and very mischievous being, its the truth and not an insult. I saw you on the doc thread and other thread that involve Lagos. Go get a life and stop spewing trash everywhere. Mugun

2 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by smartigo: 3:19pm On Apr 21, 2015
Berem, you will need not to be nervous about the word' babaloja'. Demdem is right about his opinion and the assertion that if violence continues the residents may write to Alausa to instill discipline in the market.

I don't want to believe someone is acting out a script or else I will believe some igbos r being used to fight themselves just for the love of money.
Continued violence or constant disturbance leading to loss of lives n property gives government the right to take over.

1 Like

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by superstar1(m): 3:29pm On Apr 21, 2015
omonnakoda:
E simi ariwo

Don't you know that empty barrels make most noise??

To those chest beaters, the hausas they are buying food and FX from are lazy and they that have 2by2inches shops with 7 -10 underage children, serving away their lives in the concentration camp of child labour, are the hardworking ones.

I always enjoy hearing their hollow and empty boasts,

3 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by superstar1(m): 3:30pm On Apr 21, 2015
Eluwilussit:
There are a lot of idiiots here, without common sense. Everything doesn't have to go down to tribe and ethnicity. I am sure there are a few non Igbos in that market. It can't be 100% igbo.

Every market is made up of two sides. The sellers and the buyers. There will be no market without the two sides at all times. So when the authorities conclude that it is between the Igbos, it can only be because of bias. I am sure more than half of the buyers are not Igbos. So do the authorities consider that? Abi na Igbos dey sell and Igbos dey buy?

Ladipo is serving everyone within the area. More so, there are other small businesses going on there to support the part dealers. Like food vendors, agbo sellers, shoe cobblers and shiners etc. These are not necessarily Igbos. So one would expect the authorities to look at the whole picture, instead of making it Igbo affairs. There's need for the authorities to step in and if necessary, the matter should be taken to court for proper settlement.

We are all Nigerians and should act as one.

Some have said they are Biafraudians and not Nigerians.
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 21, 2015
sambiyi:
Lagos State government has threatened to shut down the popular Ladipo auto spare parts market if the crisis rocking the market is not resolved.

The executive secretary of Mushin local government area, Mr. Babajide Bello who dangled the axe while speaking with journalists in Lagos said the government would have no option than to shut the
market if the crisis rocking the auto spare parts market persists.

Bello said he could not fold his hands and watch total breakdown of law and order in Mushin by the warring factions, saying he was aware of the lingering crisis in the market and was ready to arrest the situation so that it will not escalate.

The local council boss said he has invited the two parties involved in the matter, the executives of the traders and Monday Lawrence, the leader of cemetery workers, for discussion.

Bello pointed out that he was aware that the cemetery was contracted to Lawrence but did not know if the contract involved collection of tolls in the market on behalf of Mushin LGA.

He said the warring factions were of Igbo extraction and could not understand why they could not resolve their areas of disagreement amicably without resorting to violence.

The crisis is between the traders under the umbrella of Ladipo Central Executive Committee, LACEC, led by Comrade Kinsley Ogunor and cemetery workers led by Monday Lawrence has engrossed the market for more than one week.

Sources:
http://leadership.ng/news/427271/crisis-lagos-threatens-to-shut-ladipo-market

Please shut it down!!! Parts are fake....products china..... Buy parts abroad
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Ojiofor: 3:53pm On Apr 21, 2015
aderonila18:

Thank you, Northerners make their money but you'll never see them bragging or claiming to be Lagosians. They do their business but never forget their home
I know one thing for certain that a Jos man will prefer an Igbo neighbour than hausa who have claimed part of their territory by brute of force and you yorubas has lost Illorin by the same means still you can't fault them but reserve all your hate to Igbos who are doing their legitimate business in lagos.
Let me remind you hate mongers that as far as Nigeria remain one as gowon and awolowo decreed,you can never frustrate igbos out of lagos or any other part of Nigeria not even with buhari's victory that has been intoxicating you people like fresh palm wine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wike Leads Delegation Of Rulers To Sultan Of Sokoto's Palace (Photos) / Tinubu Bsc, Atiku Msc, Obi Bsc, Qualifications Of 2023 Presidential Candidates / Nigerians Will Beg PDP To Return In 2019 – Ekweremadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.