Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,739 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. (32101 Views)

Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) / Lagos Threatens To Seize Trucks Between 6am And 9pm / Ladipo Market Crisis Deepens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by fkaz(m): 4:09pm On Apr 21, 2015
Igbo should face there business instead of trying to break jinx in lagos, they should focus on what they know how to do best
https://www.nairaland.com/2266653/broke-70-year-jinx-lagos-tan

3 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by isan(m): 4:22pm On Apr 21, 2015
Texcoco:
If you want to make honey,you don't drive out the bees out of political vendetta?? If Ambode decides to reduce the revenue profile of his State and LGs that is his funeral but what is clear is that the igbo traders are market creators and will go elsewhere to create another booming economic micro-climate......It never keeps getting better for these business men.
igbo's can go to anambra or abia and create market there

3 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by ThisMeansWAR: 4:23pm On Apr 21, 2015
Demdem:

What's wrong with my post? Get rid of the warring parties and bring in a neutral person (baba oloja). Isn't that a good step?
This is exactly how ajimobi solved nurtw problem in oyo state.. He brought a total neutral person to replace those ediots that won't let's oyo state rest, and wallaa, the problem disappeared.

3 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Jobneeded12: 4:31pm On Apr 21, 2015
Shut down their stupid markets nothing will happen they will only cry and say yoruba date lazy Cowards end, if they try violence they will regret the day they got in yoruba Lagos.
Also they will try to move to Ogun as last resort but the yorubas won't sell lease or rent their land
We will build massive malls to sell spare parts and phones, our yoruba traders will go to China and import phones along side the food and cloths they are importing
Trading in someone's land does not give yoy right to ownership
Lagos has oil and FG support we don't need their stupid Biafra money

6 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Jobneeded12: 4:34pm On Apr 21, 2015
Illiterate the same way Niger delta took over Igbos in Delta

Ojiofor:
I know one thing for certain that a Jos man will prefer an Igbo neighbour than hausa who have claimed part of their territory by brute of force and you yorubas has lost Illorin by the same means still you can't fault them but reserve all your hate to Igbos who are doing their legitimate business in lagos.
Let me remind you hate mongers that as far as Nigeria remain one as gowon and awolowo decreed,you can never frustrate igbos out of lagos or any other part of Nigeria not even with buhari's victory that has been intoxicating you people like fresh palm wine.

3 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Jobneeded12: 4:42pm On Apr 21, 2015
isan:
igbo's can go to anambra or abia and create market there

Excellent go and create your market
Even if you examine igbo businesses they only employ themselves they are pure tribalist, the igbo markets don't employ Yoruba send them all parking or let Yoruba traders take over.
They import products, sell to only igbo retailers and employ only igbo people and they want you to share with them. Frustrate their life's out of Lagos

7 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Yomboy4ever(m): 4:54pm On Apr 21, 2015
He said the warring factions were of Igbo extraction and could not understand why they could not resolve their areas of disagreement amicably without resorting to violence.

Jimi Agbaje should come and settle d Fight shebi him promise them heaven and earth.
Which state Govt una come dey call make come intervene, shey no b d one wey una stone with pure water?
JK is Okkay na

1 Like

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 21, 2015
Demdem:

Naughty Ibos causing problem in yoruba land.
The only solution is to impose baba oloja on them to make them conform.

Go find work..
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Ojiofor: 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2015
[quote author=Jobneeded12 post=32959858]Illiterate the same way Niger delta took over Igbos in Delta

[/quoteThat's your father's chieftaincy tittle.
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 21, 2015
Demdem:

You don't own a car, so you obviously don't know the consequence of shutting down Ladipo spare parts market.
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by omonnakoda: 6:05pm On Apr 21, 2015
rudedough:

You don't own a car, so you obviously don't know the consequence of shutting down Ladipo spare parts market.
Ladipo sells fake parts and scrap parts from rejected vehicles.Owners of decent vehicles do not patronize Ladipo.Do not assume everyone drives jalopies

2 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by masterpix(m): 6:30pm On Apr 21, 2015
Demdem:

may you experience poverty of ideas in rest of your life idiot
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Xcex: 6:46pm On Apr 21, 2015
abu12:
Vanguard newspaper version - By Esther Onyegbula
LAGOS—No fewer than five persons were injured as two groups of traders in Ladipo Market clashed over the just-concluded governorship election in Lagos State.
It was gathered that a vice chairman of an automobile association allegedly led a group of armed hoodlums to harass traders and passers-by.
The traders called on Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Kayode Aderanti, to come to their rescue as their lives were under threat for refusing to support the candidate of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
Mr. Christopher Nzeribe, a trader, said: “They have told us that they would make the market uncomfortable for those of us that did not support the PDP governorship candidate in Lagos State.
“We urged the state government to call the executives of the market to order, because majority of us who were traders in the market were only looking for our daily bread.”
Another trader, who simply identified himself as Okafor, said: “Before the 2015 general elections, there was peace and harmony among the traders in the market. The executives of the market have been intimidating and harassing us for supporting the candidate of All Progressives Congress, APC, since after the election. We cannot trade and walk freely in the market any more.
“Five traders are lying critically ill at a private hospital receiving treatment for the injury they sustained from the attacked unleashed on them by the hoodlums of the executives.”
A woman that sells drinks, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said: “What I am witnessing as a trader in the market is becoming unbearable as all my assorted drinks were carted away by the hoodlums loyal to the central market executives.”
WhenVanguardvisited the market, Policemen from Alakara Division and OP-MESA were on ground to prevent further breakdown of law and order.
When the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Kenneth Nwsosu, was contacted on the incident, he promised to call back. At press time, he had not called.
dis jealous n wicked ofe nmanu touts wil nt stop @ anytin 2 humilate doze dat feed dem, if dey shot d markt d tradas go home n feed on dia cash while d yoruba lazy touts will die of hunger n inflict hardship on dia pple.
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Demainman1: 6:52pm On Apr 21, 2015
OMAR BANGURA from Sierra Leone has this to tell Nigerians;

"I don't think you guys know what you are playing with. You can call each other names and laugh about it now but when you end up inciting hate here as I read through your posts here and a real civil war starts in your country you will regret what you are doing now. Your religious and political leaders are trying to divide you between religious lines and you are helping them do that rather than standing up and say we are all Nigerians never mind our tribe, region or religion. That's the only stand that will save your blessed nation. The foreign powers pushing the government to take certain decisions will abandon you when you start killing one another and reject you from running to their countries so be careful. Our 11 year war in Sierra Leone was not even based on religious or tribal difference and see what we did to our country. The worst conflicts are those based on tribal and religious differences. See Central Africa, Bosnia and Rwanda. To have a better knowledge of this, please watch the documentary/movie called "Hotel Rwanda" or "Sometime in April". My heart bleeds when I read what you guys are saying because I know what this will lead to. You will be the losers all of you whether Christian, Muslim, igbo, yoruba or hausa. Stand as one and save your nation together because you have only one Nigeria that has the potential to lead Africa."
PLEASE HELP SAVE NIGERIA AND SHARE THIS TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE.

1 Like

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by frank442: 6:53pm On Apr 21, 2015
shizzleStar:
DemdeMad why don't you go and impose the baba oloja yourself and make them conform?. Hopeless monkey

If you can not comport ur self a neutral person. Like baba oloja can be introduced

Lagos is not a no man land
We need peace. By Xmas are all gone expect for the fugitive

1 Like

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Remarkable: 7:34pm On Apr 21, 2015
reborn1:
[s][/s]

Who the Bleep is talking about some rubbish land. Are you Igbos the only one that buy land in Lagos. Is there no native and locals in Lagos? You are calling some peoples home town no mans land and you are smiling. If you aint a miserable being, why do you guys travel for Easter and xmas. Native of Lagos stay in Lagos cos its there home. Is your state of Origin Lagos yet you calling peoples home state no mans land.

I am not insulting you but letting you know you are a fool and very mischievous being, its the truth and not an insult. I saw you on the doc thread and other thread that involve Lagos. Go get a life and stop spewing trash everywhere. Mugun

Who the bleep is talking about land?

Answer: its you. Wasn't it you that out of no where asked me if Lagos was my father's land? Where did that come from? That is where the land talk came in from.

and let me ask you... all this talk about easter... what is that about? if I buy land and build a house in Houston and during easter holidays, I go to visit my parents in Ijebu-ode, does that make my fully paid house and land in Houston in any way, shape or form not-mine? but and... I dunno? someone elses? (maybe back to the person that sold it to me? I really don't see why Lagos being no man's land is riling y'all up? when you have Ibadan, the capital of the southwest and that other village and diseases were blinding and killing its people.. while they fled.
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Remarkable: 7:55pm On Apr 21, 2015
The funny thing is, even if this market closes, it is for the development of Lagos... and the more prettier Lagos is.. those Igbos that have not thought of moving to Lagos or that hate it for its traffic and stuff... will reconsider and move to Lagos... and in a few years, become indigenized and become full-blooded Lagosians as well... so while some lose, others will gain...
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by calcal: 8:20pm On Apr 21, 2015
Ib0t0t0deysmell:
Both warring factions are of igbo exraction, they should settle the matter within themselves or else the LASG would close the market indefinately

Which can be interpreted as sending to LAGOON.
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by reborn1: 8:57pm On Apr 21, 2015
[s]
Remarkable:

Who the bleep is talking about land?

Answer: its you. Wasn't it you that out of no where asked me if Lagos was my father's land? Where did that come from? That is where the land talk came in from.

and let me ask you... all this talk about easter... what is that about? if I buy land and build a house in Houston and during easter holidays, I go to visit my parents in Ijebu-ode, does that make my fully paid house and land in Houston in any way, shape or form not-mine? but and... I dunno? someone elses? (maybe back to the person that sold it to me? I really don't see why Lagos being no man's land is riling y'all up? when you have Ibadan, the capital of the southwest and that other village and diseases were blinding and killing its people.. while they fled.

[/s]

Trash from a fool that ran away from his erosion ravaged cursed land to claim Lagos. So if i buy land in Onitsha, then onitsha becomes no man's land. You are daft and cant reason well, your people are dying like fowl in Ebonyi cos of cholera. They drink from the same water they puke into and you talking about disease in other region. Shameless mofo

2 Likes

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by VirginFinder: 9:00pm On Apr 21, 2015
Remarkable:
The funny thing is, even if this market closes, it is for the development of Lagos... and the more prettier Lagos is.. those Igbos that have not thought of moving to Lagos or that hate it for its traffic and stuff... will reconsider and move to Lagos... and in a few years, become indigenized and become full-blooded Lagosians as well... so while some lose, others will gain...

You are just a deluded fellow.

ibos are welcome as long as they engage in their legal businesses, pay the right taxes and STAY OFF our politics.
If they do otherwise,they'll be looking for trouble.

The 3 elected ibos abi? Let's wait and see.

1 Like

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Eluwilussit(m): 9:06pm On Apr 21, 2015
superstar1:

Some have said they are Biafraudians and not Nigerians.

I am aware of that. As long as they are in Nigeria and not anywhere else, they are Nigerians. Until they move away as Biafrans, they have equal rights with everyone else.
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Remarkable: 9:35pm On Apr 21, 2015
reborn1:
[s][/s]

Trash from a fool that ran away from his erosion ravaged cursed land to claim Lagos. So if i buy land in Onitsha, then onitsha becomes no man's land. You are daft and cant reason well, your people are dying like fowl in Ebonyi cos of cholera. They drink from the same water they puke into and you talking about disease in other region. Shameless mofo

hahah... for your mind now, you go say you don get me bah? drag me down to your level so we can both get in the mud, eh? Anyhoo... I've said my piece... if you can not understand that it is not one single person buying land In Lagos or Onitsha that makes it no man's land, then you will NEVER understand why Lagos is no man's land... but it will not change it back to what you want it to be...so, the earlier you begin to learn to live with it, the better for you. ...
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by reborn1: 9:41pm On Apr 21, 2015
[s]
Remarkable:

hahah... for your mind now, you go say you don get me bah? drag me down to your level so we can both get in the mud, eh? Anyhoo... I've said my piece... if you can not understand that it is not one single person buying land In Lagos or Onitsha that makes it no man's land, then you will NEVER understand why Lagos is no man's land... but it will not change it back to what you want it to be...so, the earlier you begin to learn to live with it, the better for you. ...
[/s]

The fool keep changing the goal post. Read the trash you wrote before about buying land and slap your big head again. You have nothing sensible to say than the crap you have always been spreading everywhere on nairaland. Shameless dingbat.

1 Like

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Remarkable: 9:45pm On Apr 21, 2015
reborn1:
[s][/s]

Let me ask you one more time: why can I buy land in Lagos and not claim it to be mine? Give me a direct answer if you can.. feel free to throw in some abusive words if you wish, as long as you answer the quention.... I think I am beginning to see where your anger emanates from, it is something you probably need some explanation on to get sorted...
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Remarkable: 9:49pm On Apr 21, 2015
reborn1:
[s][/s]

The fool keep changing the goal post. Read the trash you wrote before about buying land and slap your big head again. You have nothing sensible to say than the crap you have always been spreading everywhere on nairaland. Shameless dingbat.
Do you know what's funny? you jumped on me without really saying what your problem was... and out of nowhere you asked me if Lagos was my father's land... aren't we still talking about land? no man's land to be specific? my friend, know that I am trying to help you, if I have shifted the goal post, tell me or bring me back to what exactly is making you angry?
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by reborn1: 9:52pm On Apr 21, 2015
Remarkable:

Let me ask you one more time: why can I buy land in Lagos and not claim it to be mine? Give me a direct answer if you can.. feel free to throw in some abusive words if you wish, as long as you answer the quention.... I think I am beginning to see where your anger emanates from, it is something you probably need some explanation on to get sorted...

Go back to the beginning and stop sounding foolish. Did i say if you buy land then its not yours. You said Lagos is no mans land cos you own a land there and i asked if Onitsha is no mans land if i buy a land there as well. Then i remind you Non Lagosian will travel during holiday but the native have no where to go then you talking about some buying trash in New York. You are only here to throw jabs as usual so stop the pretense.

1 Like

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by reborn1: 9:54pm On Apr 21, 2015
Remarkable:
Do you know what's funny? you jumped on me without really saying what your problem was... and out of nowhere you asked me if Lagos was my father's land... aren't we still talking about land? no man's land to be specific? my friend, know that I am trying to help you, if I have shifted the goal post, tell me or bring me back to what exactly is making you angry?

You said its no mans land and i asked if its your fathers land. There are people who are indigenes of Lagos and you are disrespecting them with your trash words.

1 Like

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Remarkable: 10:04pm On Apr 21, 2015
reborn1:

Go back to the beginning and stop sounding foolish. Did i say if you buy land then its not yours. You said Lagos is no mans land cos you own a land there and i asked if Onitsha is no mans land if i buy a land there as well. Then i remind you Non Lagosian will travel during holiday but the native have no where to go then you talking about some buying trash in New York. You are only here to throw jabs as usual so stop the pretense.

Ahah! I see... I knew it must have been some misunderstanding of what I said... perhaps what I meant... well... the answer is "No"... if a single person buys land somewhere, it doesn't make it no man's land. You have to understand what the term means... it is not a "bad" thing for a place to be no man's land... the term is another word for cosmopolitan... Abuja for example, is another example of a place that is no man's land... or cosmopolitan... look up the word in the dictionary, that might help. if many tribes are living, co-existing in a place... that is a good thing as it brings rapid growth, exposure and development...

Let me quickly add that the no man's land retort was born out of what Ndigbo deemed an unfair practise that was to be imposed on them by Yorubas who thumped it in their faces that they are in Yorubaland.... so in response... they told them back, (as we are not known to cower or roll over for anyone) that it was developed by all Nigerians... and since the state has a representation of most ethnic tribes in Nigeria... it has ceased to be seen as "Yorubaland" longer

1 Like

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by reborn1: 10:08pm On Apr 21, 2015
[s]
Remarkable:

Ahah! I see... I knew it must have been some misunderstanding of what I said... perhaps what I meant... well... the answer is "No"... if a single person buys land somewhere, it doesn't make it no man's land. You have to understand what the term means... it is not a "bad" thing for a place to be no man's land... the term is another word for cosmopolitan... Abuja for example, is another example of a place that is no man's land... or cosmopolitan... look up the word in the dictionary, that might help. if many tribes are living, co-existing in a place... that is a good thing as it brings rapid growth, exposure and development...

Let me quickly add that the no man's land retort was born out of what Ndigbo deemed an unfair practise that was to be imposed on them by Yorubas who thumped it in their faces that they are in Yorubaland.... so in response... they told them back, (as we are not known to cower or roll over for anyone) that it was developed by all Nigerians... and since the state has a representation of most ethnic tribes in Nigeria... it has ceased to be seen as "Yorubaland" longer
[/s]

No land in Nigeria is no man's land. Until they remove the state of Origin and Local govt from our constitution then your assertion is null and void. Everyone is free to live anywhere in Nigeria but no land is no man's land.

1 Like

Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Remarkable: 10:09pm On Apr 21, 2015
VirginFinder:

You are just a deluded fellow.

ibos are welcome as long as they engage in their legal businesses, pay the right taxes and STAY OFF our politics.
If they do otherwise,they'll be looking for trouble.

The 3 elected ibos abi? Let's wait and see.

Of course we are welcome to Lagos! Thank you for the welcome sha.. as for staying off politics? well.. ther are those of us that enjoy politics and wont keep off just because you told them to, or that you want them to... they love a challenge and would contest or challenge you or any person your party puts up, if you beat him fair and square? fine, that's not the end of the world, they (he or she) will go back to his peaceful, lagos life and carry on...
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Remarkable: 10:19pm On Apr 21, 2015
reborn1:
[s][/s]

No land in Nigeria is no man's land. Until they remove the state of Origin and Local govt from our constitution then your assertion is null and void. Everyone is free to live anywhere in Nigeria but no land is no man's land.

You are taking it literally... of course igbos own the land they bought in Lagos... so do others... it is a PLACE, a location... that is no man's land.

You cant go where there is barren land and say this land is no man's land so I can build on it.. lol although I heard some people do that in PH... that's not the type of no man's land we are talking about. we are referring to the collection of all tribes living in a particular place, whether bought, inherited or rented... that settlement is no man's land.

Or would no man's settlement be easier for you to take?
Re: Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. by Jobneeded12: 10:42pm On Apr 21, 2015
Remarkable:

Look at this igbo fool the igbo obsession with yoruba didn't start today, that's how your Nnamdi Azikwe died trying to be premier of western region but failed woefully

Stop hating the yorubas cause they are naturally blessed

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos Of Oil Money Governors / Rashidi Adewolu Ladoja Collapses, Rushed To UCH / NSCIA Director, Yusuf Nwoha Dies In Road Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.