Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,268 members, 7,954,045 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:22 AM

What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow (32140 Views)

Buhari's Certificate: Court Strikes Out Suite / Ikpeazu To Appeal High Court Judgement: Tells Abians Not To Panic / Possible Outcome;2015 Presidential Election In Yoruba States;an Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow by WinsomeX: 2:11pm On Apr 21, 2015
www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/buhari-disqualification-suits-postponed-to-april-22/

Tomorrow, the courts shall begin hearing on the Buhari certificate eligibility suit. Now that he is president elect and the army might have finally found his certificate, what are the possible outcomes of tomorrow judgement?

I hope I can get the best analysis from both APC supporters and antagonists on this thread.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow by Mogidi: 2:12pm On Apr 21, 2015
Only 24hrs to go.
Re: What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow by Mynd44: 2:14pm On Apr 21, 2015
Inconsequential judgement

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow by imbless: 2:17pm On Apr 21, 2015
The case will be adjourned till further notice

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow by okotv(m): 2:25pm On Apr 21, 2015
Nothing can happen cause the certificate has been found so he didn't lie

Lalastilala

Modified: To those saying the general doesn't have a certificate, be careful cause its a slap on the face of those who have laboured to keep this country as one.

The case in court for those who don't know is that Buhari lied that his certificate is with the army and since he swore an affidavit to that end, he committed perjury but now that the certificates have been found. The case holds no water anymore.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow by WinsomeX: 2:26pm On Apr 21, 2015
Mynd44:
Inconsequential judgement

THANK YOU MODERATORS FOR PUTTING THIS FRONT PAGE

I AM PARTICULARLY INTERESTED IN PERSPECTIVE OF LAWYERS IN THE HOUSE

Do you think so Mynd44?

The worst case scenario is to declare Buhari ineligible fa and possible to cancel the elections.

Lawyers in the house, help me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow by Mynd44: 2:28pm On Apr 21, 2015
WinsomeX:

Do you think so Mynd44?

The worst case scenario is to declare Buhari ineligible fa and possible to cancel the elections.

If the judge declares that he should not have contested, they can appeal and this will drag all the way to the supreme court while he remains the president

36 Likes

Re: What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow by WinsomeX: 2:28pm On Apr 21, 2015
okotv:
Nothing can happen cause the certificate has been found so he didn't lie
Lalastilala

Only one person claimed the certificate was found. Even the army did not admit to it publicly.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow by WinsomeX: 2:29pm On Apr 21, 2015
Mynd44:

If the judge declares that he should not have contested, they can appeal and this will drag all the way to the supreme court while he remains the president

OK. But I dey fear o!
Re: What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow by okotv(m): 2:30pm On Apr 21, 2015
WinsomeX:

Only one person claimed the certificate was found. Even the army did not admit to it publicly.
Let's get to court first tomorrow and see how the case would be quashed

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:31pm On Apr 21, 2015
WinsomeX:

Do you think so Mynd44?

this is English language:

The suitbwas to disqualify him to run, but he has ran and won, the suit against him is baseless and useless.

Besides, the law didn't say a runner must have ssce, it sply said ssce is the minimum requirement. What if he had a maximum one? grin

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow by doctokwus: 2:34pm On Apr 21, 2015
When GMB gave them his 'wisdomic' advice they refused to take heed,now its coming to pass.
Let me reiterate what he said then"...let them go to court and remain there".
The suit will b withdrawn after d next 1 or 2 adjournments for these very obvious reasons:the originators of d suit where merely foot soldiers serving as fronts for government topshots; they got their financing of course direct from source.Now that GMB has won,that financing would naturally dry up because of d amount of time it would take for the substantive suit to be heard,talkless of d time frame for judgement; by then GMB would have been sworn in,the financiers left govt,thus cannot get d funds for prosecuting d case from the public till again,so d case dies a natural death.
Besides, they would also bear it in mind that there was no case in d first place,just politicking by d military for something they had in their possession all the while.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow by WinsomeX: 2:34pm On Apr 21, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:

The suitbwas to disqualify him to run, but he has ran and won, the suit against him is baseless and useless.

Besides, the law didn't say a runner must have ssce, it sply said ssce is the minimum requirement. What if he had a maximum one? grin

Yes.

I know what the law says. It actually says an "equivalent" or something to that effect. But the courts are still under a PDP govt and God forbid the worst case scenario.
Re: What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow by Mogidi: 2:35pm On Apr 21, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:

Besides, the law didn't say a runner must have ssce, it sply said ssce is the minimum requirement. [size=15pt]What if he had a maximum one?[/size] grin

Who dash monkey?

16 Likes

Re: What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:38pm On Apr 21, 2015
Mogidi:

Who dash monkey?
ask them at the war college!

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow by Mynd44: 2:38pm On Apr 21, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:

WASC not SSCE.

SSCE is the exam but you don't have to have that before you get WASC. Buhari showed a signed testimonial from the principal then that he got to the level of WASC and also sat for SSCE.

That qualifies as WASC. Those asking for his SSCE are just mischief cools

17 Likes

Re: What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:43pm On Apr 21, 2015
Mynd44:

WASC not SSCE.

SSCE is the exam but you don't have to have that before you get WASC. Buhari showed a signed testimonial from the principal then that he got to the level of WASC and also sat for SSCE.

That qualifies as WASC. Those asking for his SSCE are just mischief cools
how willbu av a west African school leaving cert without sitting for the exams. By the way, when I said ssce, u knw wot I meant though

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow by WinsomeX: 2:48pm On Apr 21, 2015
I found the article below very relevant to this thread. If the laws are properly interpreted by the courts, that case should be thrown out tomorrow.

But this is Nigeria.

www.dailyindependentnig.com/2015/01/qualification-election-constitution-really-say/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow by sCun: 2:51pm On Apr 21, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:

My friend shut up! If it was as easy as you put it, I wonder why the case hasn't been quashed long ago by Buhari's legal team, instead they keep shifting the goal post.
They have 2 sets of qualified legal practitioners defending Buhari and APC respectively, yet they haven't come up with anything to get the case dismissed.
You sit somewhere in rusty Abeokuta and tell us the case is baseless.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow by PassingShot(m): 2:53pm On Apr 21, 2015
doctokwus:
When GMB gave them his 'wisdomic' advice they refused to take heed,now its coming to pass.
Let me reiterate what he said then"...let them go to court and remain there".
The suit will b withdrawn after d next 1 or 2 adjournments for these very obvious reasons:the originators of d suit where merely foot soldiers serving as fronts for government topshots; they got their financing of course direct from source.Now that GMB has won,that financing would naturally dry up because of d amount of time it would take for the substantive suit to be heard,talkless of d time frame for judgement; by then GMB would have been sworn in,the financiers left govt,thus cannot get d funds for prosecuting d case from the public till again,so d case dies a natural death.
Besides, they would also bear it in mind that there was no case in d first place,just politicking by d military for something they had in their possession all the while.

What Buhari actually said was "... I heard they've gone to court. Let them remain there"

The originators and their lawyers may even fail to show up tomorrow.

LO BA TAN!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow by Mynd44: 2:54pm On Apr 21, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
how willbu av a west African school leaving cert without sitting for the exams. By the way, when I said ssce, u knw wot I meant though
Yes I do
Re: What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow by ishiamu(m): 2:56pm On Apr 21, 2015
Mogidi:
Only 24hrs to go.

Nothing will come out of the case let's allow him rule

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow by MzJackBaueress(f): 2:56pm On Apr 21, 2015
WinsomeX:

they were ashamed to admit to it publicly after when they insulted Buhari by lying that they don't have his certificates.
The case will be thrown into the bin. Nothing dey happen!

13 Likes

Re: What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:57pm On Apr 21, 2015
Mynd44:

Yes I do
thank u
Re: What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow by Mogidi: 2:58pm On Apr 21, 2015
ishiamu:

Nothing will come out of the case let's allow him rule

I hope he gets the chance to prove us wrong but court rulings are sacrosanct, they must be obeyed.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:01pm On Apr 21, 2015
sCun:
My friend shut up! If it was as easy as you put it, I wonder why the case hasn't been quashed long ago by Buhari's legal team, instead they keep shifting the goal post.
They have 2 sets of qualified legal practitioners defending Buhari and APC respectively, yet they haven't come up with anything to get the case dismissed.
You sit somewhere in rusty Abeokuta and tell us the case is baseless.
bros, easy na, hypertension dey expensive to treat o.

Aside dt, who shifted the date? APC? are u well?

Have u noticed the calmness in the APC camp since the certificate saga started? It is because they have legal practitioners who had assured them of the suit being baseless and stupid (I suppose) grin

Now, lastly, Abeokuta is not really rusty, we have us new roads, bridges, housing estates and other lovely infrastructures, courtesy, APC led govt under SIA... cool

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow by dridowu: 3:18pm On Apr 21, 2015
Case dismissed
Mogidi:

Who dash monkey?

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow by Demdem2: 3:28pm On Apr 21, 2015
Thrash.
Re: What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow by Mogidi: 3:28pm On Apr 21, 2015
dridowu:
Case dismissed

Lets wait......verdict loading......
Re: What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow by egift(m): 3:30pm On Apr 21, 2015
Thrown Out Of The Court Window.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow by raumdeuter: 3:30pm On Apr 21, 2015
Dead on arrival

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow by Buonsenso: 3:30pm On Apr 21, 2015
It is over.
Buhari is the president elect. He has won.
Move on, let's all start rebuilding.
Stop believing this fake prophets who deceived weak minded people..from Tb to Suleiman Johnson.

The human will.is more important than what the gods' are saying.
You yourself have God in within you.

The case will be dismissed.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Soyinkas Speech At Harvard. The Real Text / Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives / 2023 Presidency: Why I Will Accept Tinubu, Rochas Ticket – Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.