Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture (32166 Views)

Burkina Faso Prime Minister Died Suddenly During A Press Conference In Turkey / Governor Tanko Al Makura's Media Team Have Just Issued A Press Statement / Labaran Maku Hits Back At David Mark, Ahmadu Ali Through A Press Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by SNCOQ3(m): 6:10pm On Apr 21, 2015
edwife:
This was his speech while addressing the press.

In the three years of the war, necessity gave birth to invention. During those three years of heroic bound, we leapt across the great chasm that separates knowledge from know-how. We built rockets, and we designed and built our own delivery systems. We guided our rockets. We guided them far, we guided them accurately. For three years, blockaded without hope of import, we maintained all our vehicles. The state extracted and refined petrol, individuals refined petrol in their back gardens. We built and maintained our airports, maintained them under heavy bombardment. Despite the heavy bombardment, we recovered so quickly after each raid that we were able to maintain the record for the busiest airport in the continent of Africa. We spoke to the world through telecommunication system engineered by local ingenuity; the world heard us and spoke back to us! We built armoured car tanks. We modified aircraft from trainer to fighters, from passenger aircraft to bombers. In the three years of freedom we had broken the technological barrier. In three years we became the most civilised, the most technologically advanced black people on earth.”
What a speech.. ...I forever love this man.
Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by LAX89(m): 6:12pm On Apr 21, 2015
What Ojukwu said...excerpts from Interview:

OJUKWU: We’ve said this over and over again, so many times, and people don’t understand; they don’t want to actually. If you remember, I released Awolowo from jail. Even that, some people are beginning to contest as well. Awo was in jail in Calabar. Gowon knows and the whole of the federal establishment knows that at no point was Gowon in charge of the East. The East took orders from me. Now, how could Gowon have released Awolowo who was in Calabar? Because of the fact that I released him, it created quite a lot of rapport between Awo and myself and I know that before he went back to Ikenne, I set up a hotline between Ikenne and my bedroom in Enugu. He tried like an elder statesman to find a solution. Awolowo is a funny one. Don’t forget that the political purpose of the coup, the Ifeajuna coup that began all this, was to hand power over to Awo. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angryWe young men respected him a great deal. He was a hero. I thought he was a hero and certainly I received him when I was governor. We talked and he was very vehement when he saw our complaints and he said that if the Igbos were forced out by Nigeria that he would take the Yorubas out also. I don’t know what anybody makes of that statement but it is simple. Whether he did or didn’t, it is too late. There is nothing you can do about it. So, he said this and I must have made some appropriate responses too. But it didn’t quite work out the way that we both thought. Awolowo, evidently, had a constant review of the Yoruba situation and took different path. That’s it. I don’t blame him for it. I have never done."

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by IBROHIM: 6:12pm On Apr 21, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:
ODUMEGWU OJUKWU; THE LEGEND

ojukwu is a great man who fought the great nigeria civil war and prove to the world that igbos are not cowards, he fought the war to make igbos to be recognised as the strongest tribe in nigeria.
Ojukwu died a great man, his legacy shall never be forgotten.

Ojukwu had the igbos in his heart, and fought for their freedom, from the chains of nigeria, even though it did not work out well, but ojukwu prove to the world that we are free, ojukwu was a friendly and cheerful leader.

Ojukwu talked like a king, and fought like a god, he is truly a god, who saw the sufferings of the igbos his people and fought for their right, his name shall never be forgotten in the heart of the igbos, now and forever.
His name shall be carved on the highest mountain in the world, and the next generation shall see his name and say "SIR OJUKWU, the legend who fought for his people's freedom"

OJUKWU still lives on

Long Live Ojukwu.

Signed
Minister of women affairs.
biafra is DEAD with Ojukwu! I guess he was the bravest Igbo/ibo!
Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by maximunimpact(m): 6:13pm On Apr 21, 2015
Ojukwu is a coward that turned his back on his so called people when he was needed most, the man never believed in the Biafrian cause, how can he explain his subsequent failed attempt to be the president of Nigeria, a country he staged a war with for three long years.

he cost about three million lives of the ibo nation, yet they unreasonably immortalised him as a symbole of igbo legend.

if this is all ibos gat, then they are a failed nation!

Biafra will never be a sovereign state as long as there is day and night!

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by guyX(m): 6:14pm On Apr 21, 2015
Ikengawo:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2333079_img20150421wa0000_jpeg20a638efb0750973b8739c56161885a2
[size=40pt]GANGSTA[/size]
There was no black man at Ojukwu's conference.
And gentlemen cross their legs.
I guess you were not taught that at the night school you went to.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. / EndSARS: Resign Now!, Protesting Ondo Youths Slam Buhari / Tinubu: Time For Politicking Is Over — We Must Begin The Healing Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.