Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture (32161 Views)

Burkina Faso Prime Minister Died Suddenly During A Press Conference In Turkey / Governor Tanko Al Makura's Media Team Have Just Issued A Press Statement / Labaran Maku Hits Back At David Mark, Ahmadu Ali Through A Press Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by oneeast: 5:18pm On Apr 21, 2015
Ikemba Nnewi was truly a great legend of world standing.

The first graduate to enlist in the NA

The first African graduate from Oxford.

8 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by Shikeaguma: 5:19pm On Apr 21, 2015
Ikemba, the Living Spirit of Ndi Igbo. You will never die in our heart.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 21, 2015
oneeast:
Ikemba Nnewi was truly a great legend of world standing.

The first graduate to enlist in the NA

The first African graduate from Oxford.
Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by Ozigbondu(m): 5:23pm On Apr 21, 2015
lshilove they have started again lipsrsealed
Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 21, 2015
Adekunle was a key champion of the food
blockade to Biafra. In a wartime interview he had
with Randolph Baumann of Stern Magazine in
Igweocha (published on August 18, 1968), he stated:[3] ADEKUNLE: In the section of the front that I rule—
and that is the whole south front from Lagos to the
border of Kamerun—I do not want to see the Red
Cross, Caritas Aid, World Church delegation, Pope,
Missionary, or UN delegation. STERN: Does that mean that the many thousands of
tons of food that are stored in Lagos will never get
to the refugee camps in your section of the
country? ADEKUNLE: You are a sharp one, my friend. That’s
exactly what I am saying. STERN: But you said yourself that most of the
refugees in the part you captured are not Ibos. ADEKUNLE: But there could be Ibos among them. I
want to avoid feeding a single Ibo as long as this
whole people have not given up yet. STERN: Do you sometimes feel sympathy for the
Ibos? ADEKUNLE: I have learned a word from the British,
which is “sorry”! That’s how I want to respond to
your question. I did not want this war but I want to
win this war. Therefore I have to kill the Ibos. Sorry!
The End. Adekunle's son wrote an account of his father's
military career in a biography titled The Nigeria-
Biafra Letters: A Soldier's Story. He died on 13 September 2014 and was buried in the Vaults and Gardens, Ikoyi, Lagos
Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by arigold1304(m): 5:24pm On Apr 21, 2015
Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by imbless: 5:24pm On Apr 21, 2015
Ralphlauren:
Arrogant p@rick!

See as he siddon and cross leg while millions of innocent women and children were starving to death in the south east because of his selfish and foolish ambition! undecided

shut up , u don't know anything about this man.
Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 21, 2015
O'mpa

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by Jbenue: 5:25pm On Apr 21, 2015
Ojuchwu was I am sorry to say an idyot Never I mean Never fight a war you cannot win...He should have used the threat of war to improve the lot of his people but not war itself.
Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by Eluala(m): 5:26pm On Apr 21, 2015
edwife:
This was his speech while addressing the press.

This is classic. It was this ingenuity that sustained the people for that long. Otherwise how do you explain the fact that without much of logistics support, they managed to engage the Nigerian military, heavily supported in equipment, funding and personnel by the world powers of USA, BRITAIN, USSR, and even EGYPT for so long yet they struggled to take out the so called 'rag tag' army.

My conclusion; Either the NIGERIANS with all these external support were either completely incompetent or the BIAFRANS were supremely intelligent and could improvise and invent devices for containing the Nigerians using local technology and sheer determination and application of natural superior brain power.

It is amazing that despite the fact that for close to 3 years, young men had to fight in the battle field or work in the technological incubation centers while young women supported from home and all schools were shut due to the crises. 45 years after the war these same people/zone have re surged from the ashes to become the people/zone with the highest per capita income in Nigeria according FBS, highest educational attainment as shown by 10 year data from WAEC, NECO and JAMB and technologically most advanced in Nigeria. It is instructive to note that all these have been achieved despite minimal access to political power at the Federal level. Do I see a natural correction taking place already considering that prior to the unfortunate incidents of 1966, the Igbo man unarguably dominated virtually every sector of our National life that mattered. That's a fact and if you ask your parents, they will tell you if they are honest. That's what it takes to survive adversity.

It is in Igbo land that most villages through various town development and age grade unions contributed money to provide essential infrastructure in their communities like markets, roads, health centers, schools, pipe borne water, electricity, scholarships, public libraries, of course churches and civic centers etc. This practice has been on since the early 1900s (Read Arrow of God from Chinua Achebe). So in effect, while some states in Nigeria can only boast of the state capital as urban center, most towns/communities in Igbo land already have the things that make a place 'township' and they were self provided. We don't wait for government handouts. We create wealth with sheer resilience and ingenuity. It is important to recognize that in a federation, respect among each unit must be mutual and nobody should be blackmailed into losing their very essence and DNA.

Thank God Nigeria is our project now and we shall continue to build a greater Nigeria reaching for that innermost will and drive to succeed, for which we are noted and eternally grateful to God for. We have to acknowledge our relative strengths and utilize that to the advantage of all. Hating and tribal bashing will not help us and we cannot be individually better than the whole.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by enujekorjoseph: 5:26pm On Apr 21, 2015
General Ojukwu was not a cantankerous coward as you said, but a great man that loves his people. And for your information, Mr. Hater, his legacy will never be forgotten for those that knew what He fought for and not people like you who does not know your right from your left.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Granting A Press Conference- Picture by madamoringo(f): 5:28pm On Apr 21, 2015
LMAO, very funny thread grin grin grin grin grin

Ojukwu ran away before the real war started?! I think he was afraid, what do you think? He was afraid to die

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' / I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court / Atiku’s Exchange Rate Policy Recipe For Disaster: Emefiele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.