Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (803293 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by oreafe(f): 8:14pm On Jul 07, 2021
Stonehenge83:
Still didn't work.

did you clear cache
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 9:46pm On Jul 07, 2021
Finally had access through my laptop. Thanks a lot.
oreafe:

did you clear cache
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wuti: 10:42pm On Jul 07, 2021
Hello house, pls can anyone assist with a template for sending to canadian employer with respect to sponsoring my spouse for PR. Would also like to know if my spouse can apply for visitors visa while the PR application is ongoing. Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 07, 2021
Yes she can.

wuti:
Hello house, pls can anyone assist with a template for sending to canadian employer with respect to sponsoring my spouse for PR. Would also like to know if my spouse can apply for visitors visa while the PR application is ongoing. Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Eilenora: 7:49am On Jul 08, 2021
Thanks, thats what I decided to do, ride share. I have going sorted, i am 5hrs to Ottawa. Any idea how long it takes at the Embassy? This would help for proper planning for my return trip which has to be scheduled in advance.

Akannitommy:
I know someone who had appointment about 2/3 months ago just the resurgence of Covid-19 (3rd wave or so) and then the embassy shutdown. He was invited about 2 weeks ago. he drove from Montreal to Ottawa (2 hours away) and had his biometric same day then returned. I have heard of people doing ride-share too, pointing to option via FB Marketplace. So I would say it depends on your distance from Ottawa and contacts in the Capital. No, Saturday is not unusual because this person also had his on a Saturday 2 weeks ago when they reopened

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 11:21pm On Jul 08, 2021
Hi,

I just called my friend who went. He said it must be on appointment and those requested expidited service were sent a letter in advance. He wasn't sure if the electronic appointment system is being overridden or not though.

He advised that you take along every item requested - money order etc - as that often delay people who had to out to resolve those matter. The queue is not long as only those on appointment will/can come. He estimates between 30 minutes to and hour for the whole wait and capturing. But he feels that may even be too much.

Best.
Eilenora:
Thanks, thats what I decided to do, ride share. I have going sorted, i am 5hrs to Ottawa. Any idea how long it takes at the Embassy? This would help for proper planning for my return trip which has to be scheduled in advance.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Eilenora: 6:44am On Jul 11, 2021
Thanks so much. This helps a lot. Do you know if he has been able to get his passport back yet? They told me 4-6weeks when I called. Also does he know how the expedited works? When I called I was told the service wasnt available at this time but I suspect thats the official response they give everyone that asks but those that know how to get it do get it. I need that expedited to save hubbys application if not his SOWP wnt make sense at all. My permit expires this december.

Akannitommy:
Hi,

I just called my friend who went. He said it must be on appointment and those requested expidited service were sent a letter in advance. He wasn't sure if the electronic appointment system is being overridden or not though.

He advised that you take along every item requested - money order etc - as that often delay people who had to out to resolve those matter. The queue is not long as only those on appointment will/can come. He estimates between 30 minutes to and hour for the whole wait and capturing. But he feels that may even be too much.

Best.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 4:19pm On Jul 11, 2021
Unfortunately for him, his own application was not treated even though he got expidited appointment. So there is no way to know how long it would take for passport to be produced. His application for renewal was necessitated by a refugee application which requested his valid passport after holding on to the expired one. So the Nigerian embassy asked him to produce the old one before they would attend to him. I guess that wasn't spelt out during the appointment process.

For the appointment, he simply sent the embassy an email explaining reasons why it is important he gets a renewed passport and they expidited his appointment. This was originally supposed to be in end of July but was brought forward about a month so he was able to go to the embassy about 2/3 weeks ago on a Saturday, I think. He attached the proofs of his claims to the email. So if you have a genuine reason why the expidited applies to you, I suggest you send them an email with the request and hope it works.

Eilenora:
Thanks so much. This helps a lot. Do you know if he has been able to get his passport back yet? They told me 4-6weeks when I called. Also does he know how the expedited works? When I called I was told the service wasnt available at this time but I suspect thats the official response they give everyone that asks but those that know how to get it do get it. I need that expedited to save hubbys application if not his SOWP wnt make sense at all. My permit expires this december.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 4:25pm On Jul 11, 2021
I feel SOWP applications are not prioritized at the moment. There seems to be alot of drags on this type of application. Has anyone who recently applied for SOWP for their family after arriving in Canada (as international student) got approval or got GCMS notes that indicates some form of activities on these particular application(s)? My family appled about 2 months ago, upfront medical passed within 4 days, biometric completed and updated, but eligibility has not shown started since then. Anyone - or know someone - with something different than this?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 9:24pm On Jul 11, 2021
Akannitommy:
I feel SOWP applications are not prioritized at the moment. There seems to be alot of drags on this type of application. Has anyone who recently applied for SOWP for their family after arriving in Canada (as international student) got approval or got GCMS notes that indicates some form of activities on these particular application(s)? My family appled about 2 months ago, upfront medical passed within 4 days, biometric completed and updated, but eligibility has not shown started since then. Anyone - or know someone - with something different than this?

I guess so , honestly a lot of us has pass there so call 28 weeks processing time

For both employer specific and spousal open work permit

Na to just dey pray remain ooooo

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 11:58pm On Jul 11, 2021
Akannitommy:

same here no eligibility review yet so far. Medical passed since June 7th. I’m thinking of apply for a gcms note
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 7:57am On Jul 12, 2021
Same here too. Medicals passed since May 19th. I'll just wait it out.
Akannitommy:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by nochyks87: 2:30pm On Jul 12, 2021
Akannitommy:

Medical passed since February 3, no eligibility review yet
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SoFaithly: 3:47am On Jul 13, 2021
Jesus, remember you said “it is NOT GOOD for a man to be alone”? therefore, I stand by your word, cause there to be commotions of approvals, specifically on this platform before the end of this midst of the year July, for the sake of your people that are trusting you to reunite with their spouses, Jesus, turn every policy and in their favor, because I know that the heart of the King is in your hands. Thank you my father, in Jesus name I pray. Amen.

NB; I already told God I want my wife’s visa approved before the end of this July, I don’t know or have an idea how he will do it, I just know he WILL DO IT�, and all eyes will see it and hear it here. You can enroll in this faith school too!

13 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 6:17am On Jul 13, 2021
SoFaithly:
Jesus, remember you said “it is NOT GOOD for a man to be alone”? therefore, I stand by your word, cause there to be commotions of approvals, specifically on this platform before the end of this midst of the year July, for the sake of your people that are trusting you to reunite with their spouses, Jesus, turn every policy and in their favor, because I know that the heart of the King is in your hands. Thank you my father, in Jesus name I pray. Amen.

NB; I already told God I want my wife’s visa approved before the end of this July, I don’t know or have an idea how he will do it, I just know he WILL DO IT�, and all eyes will see it and hear it here. You can enroll in this faith school too!

AMEN....,......Amen.........AMEN
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 6:58am On Jul 13, 2021
Same date medical passed but application was submitted 15th May while biometric for my Spouse was done 23rd May. Kids didn't require biometric.

Stonehenge83:
Same here too. Medicals passed since May 19th. I'll just wait it out.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ugochiii: 8:21am On Jul 13, 2021
Amen and Amen I key into this, I myself I told God this month I want to join my spouse in Canada, all I know is that nothing is to difficult for God to do, he can approve it this minute,within a twinkle of an eye, so I will be back in few days to share my testimony..I trust God ,have a nice day people

SoFaithly:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by adwal2020: 2:20pm On Jul 13, 2021
Amen!!!

SoFaithly:

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 3:26pm On Jul 13, 2021
SoFaithly:

Amen by his grace.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Viking007(m): 4:56pm On Jul 13, 2021
SoFaithly:

Amen o.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by halfcurrent(m): 7:09pm On Jul 13, 2021
SoFaithly:
I started my wife's SOWP last month, and in less than 10days, medicals uploaded, biometrics uploaded too, just waiting for final decision. I told God to bring wifey to me by July ending, and IT IS WORKING!

Be hopeful fam, seek clarifications when confused, it helps.

Hello, pls what options is there on IRCC application portal for SOWP? the options i saw were just Visitor - Less than 6 months, Visitor - more than 6months, and Students? Is it advisable to apply together with my 6yr old daughter (on student) or do i put in separate applications. Kindly advise.
Also what documents are generally required? Do i need to write an SOP?
You can respond to my e-mail halfcurrent@gmail.com

thanks so much
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by nochyks87: 7:39pm On Jul 13, 2021
SoFaithly:

Amen!!!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by subzheero: 9:45pm On Jul 13, 2021
Processing time is now 36weeks
nochyks87:

Amen!!!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Eilenora: 3:30am On Jul 14, 2021
Update: I was at Ottawa yesterday and got the passport out same day. Thanks.

Eligibility also hasnt commenced on hubby's file since March when we put in the application.

It is well o

Akannitommy:
Unfortunately for him, his own application was not treated even though he got expidited appointment. So there is no way to know how long it would take for passport to be produced. His application for renewal was necessitated by a refugee application which requested his valid passport after holding on to the expired one. So the Nigerian embassy asked him to produce the old one before they would attend to him. I guess that wasn't spelt out during the appointment process.

For the appointment, he simply sent the embassy an email explaining reasons why it is important he gets a renewed passport and they expidited his appointment. This was originally supposed to be in end of July but was brought forward about a month so he was able to go to the embassy about 2/3 weeks ago on a Saturday, I think. He attached the proofs of his claims to the email. So if you have a genuine reason why the expidited applies to you, I suggest you send them an email with the request and hope it works.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Marh: 3:40am On Jul 14, 2021
subzheero:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SoFaithly: 8:49am On Jul 14, 2021
Not true, it still remains at 28 as at last week as confirmed by the IRCC rep.

[quote author=Marh post=103686241][/quote]

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SoFaithly: 8:56am On Jul 14, 2021
The SOWP is a different type entire. It is known as the SOWP; get it via google and it will take you to the page direct. For your 6yr old, it is a matter of ticking as a dependant that will be accompanying you then do a detailed SOP stating how you wish to look after the child and meet their needs both financially and in parental care. You will have to sufficiently prove that their accompanying you is to a best interest .

halfcurrent:

Hello, pls what options is there on IRCC application portal for SOWP? the options i saw were just Visitor - Less than 6 months, Visitor - more than 6months, and Students? Is it advisable to apply together with my 6yr old daughter (on student) or do i put in separate applications. Kindly advise.
Also what documents are generally required? Do i need to write an SOP?
You can respond to my e-mail halfcurrent@gmail.com

thanks so much
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ugochiii: 8:56am On Jul 14, 2021
SoFaithly:
Not true, it still remains at 28 as at last week as confirmed by the IRCC rep.

As at yesterday it went to 36weeks , me am not looking at that weeks things again Biko, maybe it's for people who are just applying , I believe this month we all will smile by God grace

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 10:43am On Jul 14, 2021
SoFaithly:

AMEN! ���
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 11:20am On Jul 14, 2021
Congrats.

Eilenora:
Update: I was at Ottawa yesterday and got the passport out same day. Thanks.

Eligibility also hasnt commenced on hubby's file since March when we put in the application.

It is well o

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 12:17pm On Jul 14, 2021
subzheero:

It is well o
Am already in my 31st week
But am sure of God's faithfulness for my approval this July.

Let's keep hope alive as we activate our faith.

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.