Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,941 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (804441 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 6:46pm On Jun 27, 2021
Akannitommy:
Hi,

Congrats on your visa. How long it takes depends on the queue, the complexity of each matter and most importantly the CBSA officers in charge. It took sevreal hours (6-hrs I think) for me back in December 2020 because there were over a thousand people arriving at Montreal airport same day and/or about same time, I did. For some it took minutes from the time they clear the preliminaries to getting their study permit issued.

I think things are relaxed now unlike the peak of travel season when I landed but as covid-19 restrictions are relaxed, the summer wear on and fall approach, travel season will pick up once again.

Cheers

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Queenmama03(f): 7:43pm On Jun 27, 2021
Okay thanks a lot.

Akannitommy:
Hi,

Congrats on your visa. How long it takes depends on the queue, the complexity of each matter and most importantly the CBSA officers in charge. It took several hours (6-hrs I think) for me back in December 2020 because there were over a thousand people arriving at Montreal airport same day and aboust same time. For some it took minutes from the time they clear the preliminaries to getting their study permit issued.

I think things are relaxed now unlike the peak of travel season when I landed but as covid-19 restrictions are relaxed, the summer wear on and fall approach, travel season will pick up once again.

Cheers

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Queenmama03(f): 7:44pm On Jun 27, 2021
Noted. Thank you.

adwal2020:
If your first point of entry is Montreal or Toronto, you will be issued your study permit there, no matter the state of your last destination.
Thanks.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by teminhi: 9:54pm On Jun 27, 2021
Akannitommy:
Hi,

Congrats on your visa. How long it takes depends on the queue, the complexity of each matter and most importantly the CBSA officers in charge. It took several hours (6-hrs I think) for me back in December 2020 because there were over a thousand people arriving at Montreal airport same day and aboust same time. For some it took minutes from the time they clear the preliminaries to getting their study permit issued.

Cheers

My POE in January was in Toronto. I had a connecting flight to Calgary. Thank God I had enough time, I would have missed my flight. Landed in Toronto at 7.30am and my connecting was 2pm. Was on queue most of the time as many people landed about the same time. I saw how people missed their connecting flights while in the queue. So like someone said, it depends on the traffic at the time of arrival and provided you don't have luggage issues (search). All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Leyemoshood: 10:24pm On Jun 27, 2021
Biodunjobi:

You guys, it's finally PPR for my husband and children!!!!!!
Timeline;

Application submitted - Feb 14th
Biometrics updated - Feb 26th
Medical request for my husband - April 10th
Medical request for my children - April 20th
Medical passed & updated - April 27th and May 10th
Passport Request - June 25th

For everyone waiting for this kind of good news, it will come, God will perfect it and together we shall all rejoice.

Congrats, what documentd did you submit for your husband and kids?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by subzheero: 6:12am On Jun 29, 2021
GCMS note received this morning.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 8:22am On Jun 29, 2021
subzheero:
spousal open work permit?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Eilenora: 8:30am On Jun 29, 2021
has eligibiility started on your file? it hasnt started on hubbys so am thinking it may be too early to order the notes

how long did it take for your notes to come in?

subzheero:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by subzheero: 8:57am On Jun 29, 2021
Employer specific work permit
lightswitch007:

spousal open work permit?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by subzheero: 9:02am On Jun 29, 2021
Eligibility started in January.Application was submitted 3rd September ,2020.
I discovered they were about to request for medical on that note but l have done it upfront.l pray it ends well.
Eilenora:
has eligibiility started on your file? it hasnt started on hubbys so am thinking it may be too early to order the notes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by subzheero: 9:03am On Jun 29, 2021
40 days
Eilenora:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by muyiroro: 11:29am On Jun 29, 2021
subzheero:

Exactly what is on my note. I don’t know why most employer specific eligibility is recommend interview. Is it another delay tactics ?

But my eligibility is recommend interview not review required also my info sharing is complete. That’s means they might request for ADR or more clarification on your work experience cos of Review Required

I submitted my application on 5th of September
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 11:29am On Jun 29, 2021
subzheero:
Employer specific work permit
Ah I see. I saw other applicants in this visa category who have applied since last year and no update yet. God give us good news this week.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by muyiroro: 11:36am On Jun 29, 2021
We might find this useful to clear our doubts on Recommend Interview and Review Required

Far too many times, prospective applicants applicants ask me questions relating to this topic.

In this post, I will carefully address the real issues and meaning behind "Recommend Interview". I hope every participant on this platform makes the most of the information below.

Kindly be advised that every immigration applications submitted to IRCC are reviewed by at least two levels of people:

1. Program Case Analyst:

Most of the time, it's the Program Case Analyst who does the initial R-10 check that often positions certain applications on "Recommend Interview". They review all information present on file and can only make recommendations as per the applicant's circumstance - i.e, recommended interview (RI), review required (RR), recommended refusal/eligibility failed (EF). The Program Case Analyst may also be able to refuse some ill-equipped applications due to poor documentation.

Reason for Recommend Interview;

The eligibility status - "Recommend Interview" is mostly common when the Program Case Analyst has certain concerns about the submission of the applicant for an immigration application to Canada.

This is largely due to some irregularities on the applicant's employment reference letter and inability to verify applicant's work experience, ineligible financial documents to cover for the applicant's proposed program and upkeep in Canada, and in some cases due to salaries being paid by cash at applicant's place of work.

2. Senior Immigration Officer

The Senior immigration officer (visa officer) will then review the notes and assessments of the program case analyst and make the final decision, this also includes whether or not an interview is required. If an interview is necessary to continue processing your application, the status would change to "interview required". However, since the inception of the COVID-19 pandemic, IRCC have not been conducting interviews for prospective applicants both for work permit, spousal sponsorship, parents sponsorship and some other PR applications. In view of the foregoing, an immigration officer may disregard a recommended interview and subsequently grant an approval.

My observations;

I have reviewed several GCMS notes as of recent and in the past and I have come to understand that majority of applicant's with "Recommend Interview" as the current eligibility assessment on their GCMS notes are later in the visa process approved by the Senior Immigration Officer.

Although, in a few cases, some applications may be rejected due to the limited knowledge on the applicant's part to address the initial concerns. This also stems from the fact that the format is not clearly spelled out by the immigration authorities.

This is not much of a bother you know, i would recommend you check properly for the pre-assessment notes/comments which can be found on the page 2 or the last two pages of the Gcms notes.

I hope this information satisfies your enquiry and future questions relating to the subject matter.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by subzheero: 11:57am On Jun 29, 2021
No pre assessment notes/comments on the GCMS.There is also a place that said l met the requirements of the job offered.l pray it ends well
muyiroro:
We might find this useful to clear our doubts on Recommend Interview and Review Required

Far too many times, prospective applicants applicants ask me questions relating to this topic.

In this post, I will carefully address the real issues and meaning behind "Recommend Interview". I hope every participant on this platform makes the most of the information below.

Kindly be advised that every immigration applications submitted to IRCC are reviewed by at least two levels of people:

1. Program Case Analyst:

Most of the time, it's the Program Case Analyst who does the initial R-10 check that often positions certain applications on "Recommend Interview". They review all information present on file and can only make recommendations as per the applicant's circumstance - i.e, recommended interview (RI), review required (RR), recommended refusal/eligibility failed (EF). The Program Case Analyst may also be able to refuse some ill-equipped applications due to poor documentation.

Reason for Recommend Interview;

The eligibility status - "Recommend Interview" is mostly common when the Program Case Analyst has certain concerns about the submission of the applicant for an immigration application to Canada.

This is largely due to some irregularities on the applicant's employment reference letter and inability to verify applicant's work experience, ineligible financial documents to cover for the applicant's proposed program and upkeep in Canada, and in some cases due to salaries being paid by cash at applicant's place of work.

2. Senior Immigration Officer

The Senior immigration officer (visa officer) will then review the notes and assessments of the program case analyst and make the final decision, this also includes whether or not an interview is required. If an interview is necessary to continue processing your application, the status would change to "interview required". However, since the inception of the COVID-19 pandemic, IRCC have not been conducting interviews for prospective applicants both for work permit, spousal sponsorship, parents sponsorship and some other PR applications. In view of the foregoing, an immigration officer may disregard a recommended interview and subsequently grant an approval.

My observations;

I have reviewed several GCMS notes as of recent and in the past and I have come to understand that majority of applicant's with "Recommend Interview" as the current eligibility assessment on their GCMS notes are later in the visa process approved by the Senior Immigration Officer.

Although, in a few cases, some applications may be rejected due to the limited knowledge on the applicant's part to address the initial concerns. This also stems from the fact that the format is not clearly spelled out by the immigration authorities.

This is not much of a bother you know, i would recommend you check properly for the pre-assessment notes/comments which can be found on the page 2 or the last two pages of the Gcms notes.

I hope this information satisfies your enquiry and future questions relating to the subject matter.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by subzheero: 12:02pm On Jun 29, 2021
Probably there might be ADR because I still don't understand that review required
muyiroro:

Exactly what is on my note. I don’t know why most employer specific eligibility is recommend interview. Is it another delay tactics ?

But my eligibility is recommend interview not review required also my info sharing is complete. That’s means they might request for ADR or more clarification on your work experience cos of Review Required

I submitted my application on 5th of September
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by muyiroro: 12:23pm On Jun 29, 2021
subzheero:
No pre assessment notes/comments on the GCMS.There is also a place that said l met the requirements of the job offered.l pray it ends well

Likewise my pre assessment notes no comment at all.

REASON FOR REFUSAL = 0
MISREPRESENTATION = 0

I believe all is fine with our application oo

My only concern is re-medical but if they can consider us for medical extension it would be good oo cos medical for family of 5 is not cheap.

Though if I re-medical I will still use it to update my ongoing PR application.

Our time is here no more waiting!!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by subzheero: 7:43pm On Jun 29, 2021
It will end in praise
muyiroro:

Likewise my pre assessment notes no comment at all.

REASON FOR REFUSAL = 0
MISREPRESENTATION = 0

I believe all is fine with our application oo

My only concern is re-medical but if they can consider us for medical extension it would be good oo cos medical for family of 5 is not cheap.

Though if I re-medical I will still use it to update my ongoing PR application.

Our time is here no more waiting!!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by muyiroro: 11:06pm On Jun 29, 2021
subzheero:
It will end in praise

Someone got approval today

Timeline 3 weeks
Noc A
Family of 4
Employer restricted with Nomination from New BRUSKWIK

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 12:54am On Jun 30, 2021
muyiroro:

Timeline 3 weeks
Noc A
Family of 4

Congratulations to the person
God please remember me o
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by subzheero: 1:50am On Jun 30, 2021
wow that's good o
muyiroro:

Timeline 3 weeks
Noc A
Family of 4
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ezechem(m): 7:21am On Jun 30, 2021
muyiroro:

Timeline 3 weeks
Noc A
Family of 4

Hello guys, I want to share my timeline with the wonderful and amazing folks on this thread. My special thanks goes to @Muyiroro and @FYSOL you guys are such a blessing to me. Also, not leaving out everyone on this thread, whose information sharing has been helpful to my journey, you guys are amazing. I pray the Lord will grant all that your heart desires sooner than expected, we will all sing this song of praise together.

NB: My application is under LMIA-Exempt with NOC Skills A which qualifies for Global Skills Strategy (GSS) 2-Weeks Processing.

6 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ac7619710: 7:53am On Jun 30, 2021
ezechem:

Hello guys, I want to share my timeline with the wonderful and amazing folks on this thread. My special thanks goes to @Muyiroro and @FYSOL you guys are such a blessing to me. Also, not leaving out everyone on this thread, whose information sharing has been helpful to my journey, you guys are amazing. I pray the Lord will grant all that your heart desires sooner than expected, we will all sing this song of praise together.

NB: My application is under LMIA-Exempt with NOC Skills A which qualifies for Global Skills Strategy (GSS) 2-Weeks Processing.

Congratulations.....kindly reply my PM

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 8:10am On Jun 30, 2021
ezechem:

Cheers to a new beginning. Canada will favor you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by FYsol: 8:18am On Jun 30, 2021
Congratulations my brother. You made my day.

ezechem:

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ezechem(m): 8:26am On Jun 30, 2021
FYsol:
Congratulations my brother. You made my day.

Thanks bro for everything.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ezechem(m): 8:26am On Jun 30, 2021
lightswitch007:
Cheers to a new beginning. Canada will favor you.

Thanks. Amen and you too.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 12:17pm On Jun 30, 2021
How does one qualify for this GSS sef? Can spousal open work permit applicant qualify for it?
ezechem:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hazzaman: 6:06pm On Jun 30, 2021
Congratulations. News like this keep hope alive.
But this people can be funny... eligibility and background check didn’t change from the usual.
ezechem:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by subzheero: 7:38pm On Jun 30, 2021
Congratulations
ezechem:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by juchees: 7:48pm On Jun 30, 2021
Hello everyone,

Please how long does it take to get your passport back after submitting at vfs Lagos/Abuja upon passport request ?? Which one is faster ?

Also, can TRV applicant submit their passport outside Nigeria

Are TRV applicant allowed to submit their passport at any VFS office worldwide??
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 30, 2021
Hello House,

Please any thoughts on how to hasten visit visa, the authorization to travel was denied.

And this means my family could be in for a longgggg thing with IRCC.

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: Bobomaigida and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.