Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS (72282 Views)

The House Where Andrew Yakubu Hid Over N3bn And Its Surrounding (Photos) / Document Amalgamating Northern & Southern Nigeria Expired. / This Is The House Where Gen Buhari Was Born (photos) + Meet His Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 22, 2015
jaysniggs:

Don't blasphem.
Allow me simplify this to you.
God is a respecter of no man
God created this world to keep us in it and he created us to please him.
Whatever problem you have with Nigeria, tell God but know that his will is gonna prevail regardless.
And God is strongly against those that want to divide his people so be careful what you wish for.

What is God?
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by AreaFada2: 10:15pm On Apr 22, 2015
SeverusSnape:
That was where the great mistake of 1914 took place.

It shall not be well with Lugard.

The hut deserves no less. It should be flattened and a toilet built upon it. cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by endoski: 10:16pm On Apr 22, 2015
dat was d house dat bore dis fake nation called nigeria and all its problems
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by cjrane: 10:19pm On Apr 22, 2015
Since this amalgamation has brought nothing but antagonism, cheating, regret and unhappiness to many nations, I believe this house should be renamed 'African nemesis' or house of hate and sorrows.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by alrahmanonline(m): 10:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
ishiamu:

That's the fucking house he sold us to this yeye amajiris
i can see you're really pained by GEJ loss that you can't even hold the anger, kpele!
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by Simplefaithy(m): 10:25pm On Apr 22, 2015
b4 opening this thread I know people will curse that yeye man die, and I get DAT right. u won't know the harm dat nonsensical of a man did to us til u travel far to that end (hope una get wat I mean). that was the greatest mistake he did. at least by now I wud av bin contesting for governor of my state and Yoruba wud av bin our official language. maybe prof for don dey part of my various titles.lolz ;Db4 opening this thread I know people will curse that yeye man die, and I get DAT right. u won't know the harm dat nonsensical of a man did to us til u travel far to that end (hope una get wat I mean). that was the greatest mistake he did. at least by now I wud av bin contesting for governor of my state and Yoruba wud av bin our official language. maybe prof for don dey part of my various titles.lolz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by GreenCap: 10:28pm On Apr 22, 2015
the day we clean up that hut, Nigeria will "change"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by fapcrook(m): 10:33pm On Apr 22, 2015
Babalegba:
Lord Lugard was a better and more noble man than hundreds of your forefathers. Learn to be a better human being, love Nigeria, admit and correct your perfidious money hungry ways and stop blaming others for your shortcomings
thank you babalegba, ilu yi ko ni baje o amin
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by chibuike65: 10:37pm On Apr 22, 2015
thaoriginator:
Sai Buhari, haters una papa black yansh! tonguegrin
monkey no wahala the say Nigeria have expired you the shout alla kubaru well good for you and your baba
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by Evangelio(m): 10:37pm On Apr 22, 2015
A decision made just to suit the moment always have long term repercussions, They joined us to better manage us at the time, here we are now.
#always think of tomorrow.......
Mr. Lugard sir, u and ur bosses did not do well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by zudozz: 10:39pm On Apr 22, 2015
that hse is cursed! Its a hse where Luggard amalgamated us with this Leprosy people.

1 Like

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by Curvinus(m): 10:41pm On Apr 22, 2015
Actually when the pressure by the foremost nationalist movements gained momentum, Lugard wanted to split the country so that only the North would be called Nigeria while the south go their separate ways. But Nigerians insisted they wanted to remain together as one country. The Fulani man had mixed up with the Igbo and Yoruba and they liked each other. Obviously, it must have been the quest for independence more than anything else that made them adopt that stance.

But unknown to them, the Brits wanted to rule Nigeria for more than 400 years as they did in India. This was why Lugard brought on Sir Arthur Richardson in 1946 to come and deal with the nationalists the way he did in Haiti and this led to the introduction of regionalism in our constitution to weaken the cohession. It was this constitution that gave birth to the eastern, western and northern regions.

So, Nigerians too have a hand in this marriage of inconvenience that has continued to hold back the entire geographi entity because event as regionalism had the capacity to lead to self determination, Aguiyi Ironsi destroyed it through a military coup and set in motion the unitary government we are operating today.

By training, Ironsi knew only loyalty to the central authority which is the British government. Likewise, he wanted Nigeria to remain under a central authority as opposed to having separate regions.
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by millionaireman: 10:43pm On Apr 22, 2015
lionstone:
House where Lugard signed amalgamation of Northern Southern Nigeria needs attention

Dear Sir,
My name is Pelu Awofeso, travel journalist and publisher of waka-about .

We like the idea of a centenary celebration. if anything, it will help to unite our dear country even more. l

In bold, like Awofeso's drive for unity in a "dear" Nigeria where citizens are increasingly being referred to as guests in the country's former capital territory - bundle of contradictions.
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by Titto93(m): 10:44pm On Apr 22, 2015
This thread should be posted in jokes section

1 Like 1 Share

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by Macelliot(m): 10:44pm On Apr 22, 2015
ifeness:

What is God?
Mr. Atheist.
The guy was refering to your Creator....

1 Like

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by Atigba: 11:05pm On Apr 22, 2015
Wherever you are lugard

May you never rest in peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by xtervaganza(m): 11:06pm On Apr 22, 2015
Yeebos be b1tching grin grin grin grin

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by ibietela2(m): 11:06pm On Apr 22, 2015
lionstone:
House where Lugard signed amalgamation of Northern Southern Nigeria needs attention

Dear Sir,
My name is Pelu Awofeso, travel journalist and publisher of waka-about .
In the light of the federal government’s plan to mark Nigeria’s centenary in 2014, we sent one of our writers on assignment to Zungeru, the historic town.
Among other landmarks, the tour brought her to the building , where Frederick Lugard supposedly signed the Amalgamation of Northern and Southern Nigeria on 1 January 1914.
We like the idea of a centenary celebration. if anything, it will help to unite our dear country even more. Already, there is a whole raft of centenary everything:centenary city, centenary slogan, centenary song, centenary logo/emblem, centenary lottery,centenary website.
But so far no mention has been made of Zungeru, Niger State, where Frederick Lugard actually signed the amalgamation into effect.

Zungeru should be the ideal CENTENARY CITY, a town that should be properly prepared ahead of the 2014 commemoration. I do hope this image will be published in your respected medium to draw attention to an unfairly neglected but significant town in our country’s history.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/letter-to-the-editor/124833-house-where-fredericklugard-signed-the-amalgamation-of-nothern-southern-nigeria.html

The place this SCAM "ONE NIGERIA" was created........... The fucker Lugard is DAMNED

2 Likes

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by jaysniggs: 11:07pm On Apr 22, 2015
ifeness:

What is God?

There is no human word that can describe my God.
His definition is just too complex for human reasoning.
But one thing is certain about him, He is the all in One.
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by ezeagu(m): 11:21pm On Apr 22, 2015
jaysniggs:

Don't blasphem.
Allow me simplify this to you.
God is a respecter of no man
God created this world to keep us in it and he created us to please him.
Whatever problem you have with Nigeria, tell God but know that his will is gonna prevail regardless.
And God is strongly against those that want to divide his people so be careful what you wish for.

This is slavery.

3 Likes

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by Daykoozy(m): 11:28pm On Apr 22, 2015
tsdarkside:
the british knew,putting us toghether will cause trouble...

do you people still dont understand that whites are the devil,the bible is speaking of..??

the whites are in your midst,and you wonder why you never progress....oyyyyyyy...............
The whites are the devils and you're justifying it based on the bible introduced to you and your forefathers by the white man.
Hence the folly of the Nigerian negro. Quick to quote the bible, quick to quote the Koran, While his own tradition gradually washes away. Don't blame your Lord..Lugard, blame yourselves for allowing the brainwashed.
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 22, 2015
jaysniggs:

There is no human word that can describe my God.
His definition is just too complex for human reasoning.
But one thing is certain about him, He is the all in One.

you cannot describe but you know it is a he lol.
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by Alfranco(m): 11:30pm On Apr 22, 2015
dearpreye:
One of the biggest mistakes ever made by mortal man.....No shared briefs, ideology or values; simply amalgamated for their selfish reasons. ..

Nations are usually built when a people, who share similar beliefs and values, willingly agree to come together to find common meaning and fulfilment. Nigeria is clearly the opposite.

The wicked and demonic British imperialists amalgamated us for their own financial experiments. See the child they birthed? Still creeping after a 100 years!

As far as the foundation was fake and fraudulent, blood and lies shall be used to keep it from crumbling. Unfortunately, it's a question of time! Either we restructure the nation or it may eventually implode (I pray not so)

God don punish Lugard!!!!

One Nigeria apologists should be concerned about the birthplace of 'Tower of Babel', their country.

2 Likes

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by Nobody: 11:31pm On Apr 22, 2015
Macelliot:

Mr. Atheist.
The guy was refering to your Creator....

I do not have a creator. I am a sexual union product. Maybe you were made from dust(according to the Jewish book),certainly not me.

1 Like

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by ademusiwa7: 11:34pm On Apr 22, 2015
Interesting. Thé south refered to means cameron and thé east
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by DeKasablanca(f): 11:37pm On Apr 22, 2015
SeverusSnape:
That was where the great mistake of 1914 took place.

It shall not be well with Lugard.
1.) He's dead. He's either in heaven or hell n ur curse no fit do anything. 2.) Nigeria is already amalgamated whether we like it or not. Even if we split-which I hope doesn't happen-it's still going to be in history that we were once one. Its just like a family. There are some people you just want to drop dead or get hit by a train or something, but there's nothing you can do but endure them and try to enjoy the benefits that come with them. That's how is.
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by braindamage(m): 11:37pm On Apr 22, 2015
Enjoyed my trip to Zungeru some years back, beautiful basement complex, a lot of history in that town. But sadly one of those places that lack the basics. As for Lord Lugard, for the interest of posterity I just pray and hope he did the right thing.
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by jaysniggs: 11:48pm On Apr 22, 2015
ezeagu:

This is slavery.

Don't be silly
Its better for one to be an opportuned slave to a merciful and loving God rather than forfeiting ones total existence.
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by jaysniggs: 11:53pm On Apr 22, 2015
ifeness:

you cannot describe but you know it is a he lol.

For your own sake, not for mine or anyone's
Believe in something
Don't believe everything just came into place.
Because truly God exists and I tell you bro, eternity is just too long to be in pain.
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by Nobody: 12:01am On Apr 23, 2015
jaysniggs:

For your own sake, not for mine or anyone's
Believe in something
Don't believe everything just came into place.
Because truly God exists and I tell you bro, eternity is just too long to be in pain.

How did you know such thing as god exist? You still cannot say it. Is it because the Colonial masters said it? Of which they used it to rob you.
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by solayd(m): 12:02am On Apr 23, 2015
Unity of Nigeria is not a mistake, is for a purpose. is only we are yet to unravel it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Governor Sanwo-Olu In Church, Works As 'Usher', Greets People (Video) / When President Macron’s Presidential Jet Landed In Ilorin! / Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.