Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Polish Student Visa - Travel (308) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Polish Student Visa (903756 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (568) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polish Student Visa by blessednendowed: 7:31pm On Jun 20, 2021
Just an FYI Guys it is now apparent the embassy is changing the game a little bit ok . Most likely they are making an attempt to weed out the genuine students from the not so genuine students. The embassy MAY ask a few questions during submission of your docs for visa. Doesn't matter if you are going for Bachelors or Masters . Please be prepared to answer questions. The questions are actually random ok. So it may not be the same for everyone.
In general be sure to know why your chosen course, why your chosen school, why Poland, your sponsor's name, your intent after studies etc ...
No cause for alarm if you are a genuine student ok then these are very simple questions. I would not call it an interview. However, I would suggest that whether you are going for BSC or MSC be prepared. So to my peeps who used an agency or used someone else to do everything on your behalf from admission to documentation. Bikonu I beg you better be atleast familiar with your course , school, poland, your sponsor etc and all the docs that you are submitting. So that you do not get caught by surprise and to avoid stories that touch.

My 10 cents.

7 Likes

Re: Polish Student Visa by blessednendowed: 7:58pm On Jun 20, 2021
CallmeOla:
Bro I wonder o...
Like I already said, since it's the same embassy that put self sponsor as an option, then I'll give it a shot.

Please note guys the problem with self sponsor is not that you cannot use self sponsorship. The issue is that self sponsorship can get complex and wrap you into a lot of mess if you do not handle it with care. Why? Because when you are self sponsoring you also have to show the source and you have to show continuous access to the required funds you need for your entire studies.

Having A sponsor with employment and using their payslip for example shows the embassy that there will be continuous access to funds needed for your entire studies because this person is a salary earner so there will be consistent income coming in.

Let me enlighten you on why self sponsorship gets complicated ok:

1. If you are self sponsored and you use payslips. This means you currently have a job. Therefore if you are going to use your own payslips, then you have to also accompany that with a leave of absence from work (meaning your boss has to permit you leaving for studies) and you have to proof that your job will still be guaranteed available to u when u return back to nigeria. Then remember that leave of absence has to be a a paid leave of absence because you have to show you will continue earning a salary even while you are away on studies.
You see how complex it gets when you are self sponsored.

2. Now if you are self sponsored and use credit card you still have to some how show how you got this money. Additionally, if you are using credit card and self sponsoring and you show enough money on the card for 1 year for example what happens to the other years of study how will you fund that. Do you see how self sponsorship may be complicated.

3. The one way I have seen self sponsorship kind of work and someone made mention of it here too I think @necz is if for example you if you get a credit card in your name and perhaps get a notarized letter from a sponsor stating within the letter that she or he funded your cc with the required amount. In essence it just helps to show the source of your funds.

Guys self sponsorship can be done but it gets messy if not properly handled as a result lots of denials occur with self sponsorship. Having A sponsor just makes things easier....

I hope it makes sense now..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Polish Student Visa by Nonsoven(m): 10:43pm On Jun 20, 2021
blessednendowed:

Please note guys the problem with self sponsor is not that you cannot use self sponsorship. The issue is that self sponsorship can get complex and wrap you into a lot of mess if you do not handle it with care. Why? Because when you are self sponsoring you also have to show the source and you have to show continuous access to the required funds you need for your entire studies.

Having A sponsor with employment and using their payslip for example shows the embassy that there will be continuous access to funds needed for your entire studies because this person is a salary earner so there will be consistent income coming in.

Let me enlighten you on why self sponsorship gets complicated ok:

1. If you are self sponsored and you use payslips. This means you currently have a job. Therefore if you are going to use your own payslips, then you have to also accompany that with a leave of absence from work (meaning your boss has to permit you leaving for studies) and you have to proof that your job will still be guaranteed available to u when u return back to nigeria. Then remember that leave of absence has to be a a paid leave of absence because you have to show you will continue earning a salary even while you are away on studies.
You see how complex it gets when you are self sponsored.

2. Now if you are self sponsored and use credit card you still have to some how show how you got this money. Additionally, if you are using credit card and self sponsoring and you show enough money on the card for 1 year for example what happens to the other years of study how will you fund that. Do you see how self sponsorship may be complicated.

3. The one way I have seen self sponsorship kind of work and someone made mention of it here too I think @necz is if for example you if you get a credit card in your name and perhaps get a notarized letter from a sponsor stating within the letter that she or he funded your cc with the required amount. In essence it just helps to show the source of your funds.

Guys self sponsorship can be done but it gets messy if not properly handled as a result lots of denials occur with self sponsorship. Having A sponsor just makes things easier....

I hope it makes sense now..

Thanks for this... Is the sponsor presenting a bank statement and for how many months? Also, like what amount is expected in the sponsor's balance? Thanks
Re: Polish Student Visa by Schon007: 11:06pm On Jun 20, 2021
Nonsoven:

Thanks for this... Is the sponsor presenting a bank statement and for how many months? Also, like what amount is expected in the sponsor's balance? Thanks

Bank statements are not allowed. Either pay slips or credit cards

2 Likes

Re: Polish Student Visa by apharm(m): 12:59am On Jun 21, 2021
Sammypedro18:

Simply put, it's financial documents proving you can afford to live/study in Poland (sponsor payslip and work documents or credit card statement).

I am at the visa application stage sir. My sponsor is a businessman. What is he supposed to do to prove he has the required funds
Re: Polish Student Visa by blessednendowed: 3:15am On Jun 21, 2021
apharm:

I am at the visa application stage sir. My sponsor is a businessman. What is he supposed to do to prove he has the required funds

If your sponsor is a business man and does not have a payslip, you can use his/her CAC registration and tax documents. In addition to that your sponsor has to open a credit card account, fund it and request a credit card certificate in his/her name, not your name and you will need to submit the credit card certificate to the embassy along with a notarized letter of sponsorship.

Note: if he is going to put the credit card certificate in your name then he needs to write and notarize a sponsor letter stating that he funded your credit card maybe u can say as a gift ....to establish the source of the funds.

3 Likes

Re: Polish Student Visa by Kokochi1111: 6:06am On Jun 21, 2021
Is there a group for people that applied to UMCS Lublin? Or other schools in Lublin. Please I want to be added
Re: Polish Student Visa by afembaba(f): 6:21am On Jun 21, 2021
Are there schools that accepts documents for application without legalisation and authentication,I feel before I can finish the legalisation, application deadline go don reach
Re: Polish Student Visa by Graceteck: 6:46am On Jun 21, 2021
Hi everyone, I have only Neco result and that was 2008... can I use only that to apply for schools in Poland. I am thinking of the gap... no additional certificates since 2008. Thanks.
Re: Polish Student Visa by courageonyekwel(m): 6:48am On Jun 21, 2021
Anyone applying to krakow university of economics?
Re: Polish Student Visa by harcemedes(m): 6:51am On Jun 21, 2021
Email the school and explain to them. I got hit with the same thing too when I presented my Uni of Opole offer letter.
Peterkinte:
Please guys, I am supposed to make the tuition fee payment tomorrow using form A, however I am being asked to present an invoice from the school showing the payment I am to make in Euro, the problem is the invoice I got from the school is for payment in Zloty.. so I would like to know how I can go about securing an invoice showing the amount I am to pay in Euro.. please I need help..����
Re: Polish Student Visa by DigitalPriest: 7:02am On Jun 21, 2021
Please, which other school do you recommend for Bsc Nursing apart from Medical University of Lodz and Medical University of Warsaw?

I need cheaper ones. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Polish Student Visa by dennison4luv: 7:30am On Jun 21, 2021
Graceteck:
Hi everyone, I have only Neco result and that was 2008... can I use only that to apply for schools in Poland. I am thinking of the gap... no additional certificates since 2008. Thanks.

The school will give you admission, but it will be hard for embassy to give you visa. If you are more than 28yrs and you are going for a Bsc program the chances of getting visa is slim like 65/35... But there is no harm in trying because our grace differs

1 Like

Re: Polish Student Visa by dennison4luv: 7:31am On Jun 21, 2021
courageonyekwel:
Anyone applying to krakow university of economics?

I helped a friend to applied for accounting
Re: Polish Student Visa by Graceteck: 7:38am On Jun 21, 2021
dennison4luv:

The school will give you admission, but it will be hard for embassy to give you visa. If you are more than 28yrs and you are going for a Bsc program the chances of getting visa is slim like 65/35... But there is no harm in trying because our grace differs

Thanks... I’m actually considering 2022 and the age on my passport will be 32... is their any way out.?
Re: Polish Student Visa by courageonyekwel(m): 8:00am On Jun 21, 2021
dennison4luv:

I helped a friend to applied for accounting

Has he or she gotten admission yet?
Re: Polish Student Visa by Peterkinte: 8:04am On Jun 21, 2021
I have emailed the school and their response is that they do not issue an invoice for foreign transactions because of the fluctuations in exchange rate, my school is also Opole.. have you been able to make the tuition fee payment via form A and if yes, how did you make the payment?

harcemedes:
Email the school and explain to them. I got hit with the same thing too when I presented my Uni of Opole offer letter.
Re: Polish Student Visa by dennison4luv: 8:11am On Jun 21, 2021
courageonyekwel:

Has he or she gotten admission yet?

No,,, I just made the application fee payment on Wednesday
Re: Polish Student Visa by dennison4luv: 8:12am On Jun 21, 2021
Graceteck:

Thanks... I’m actually considering 2022 and the age on my passport will be 32... is their any way out.?

Seriously it will be hard, but you can still try

1 Like

Re: Polish Student Visa by Kersey01: 8:32am On Jun 21, 2021
Please is there any group for prospective students of Poznań University of Life Sciences? Kindly link me up as I gained admission in that school and has also paid my tuition fee.
Re: Polish Student Visa by harkintem(m): 9:01am On Jun 21, 2021
Kersey01:
Please is there any group for prospective students of Poznań University of Life Sciences? Kindly link me up as I gained admission in that school and has also paid my tuition fee.
pls I really need to join the group too cos I got admitted and I have paid the sch fee for the first semester
Re: Polish Student Visa by uncledee201: 9:33am On Jun 21, 2021
Any community like that for University of Warsaw?

I am applying to the University of Warsaw and only just sent in my application for Oct 2021 intake!
martsolo:

We have a small community of University of Wroclaw applicant where we get to know each other and help disseminate information and assistance to each other. If you're interested send me a mail so you can be added to the group
Re: Polish Student Visa by uncledee201: 9:42am On Jun 21, 2021
For Masters or B.Sc?

If you are applying for A Masters Degree I see no issue with you self financing your stay. Especially if you've worked for a while.

The risk MAYBE associated with those applying for B.Sc. as questions might be raised regarding source of funds, but for M.Sc. naah!
CallmeOla:
Guess I'll just have to give the long shot, a shot. Because at this stage, I can't start going looking for a sponsor. Thanks for the response.
Re: Polish Student Visa by Schon007: 9:46am On Jun 21, 2021
DigitalPriest:
Please, which other school do you recommend for Bsc Nursing apart from Medical University of Lodz and Medical University of Warsaw?

I need cheaper ones. Thanks.

You can check:
Vincent Pol University in Lublin
Medical University of Gdańsk
University of Economics and Innovation in Lublin

Both Lublin schools are relatively affordable compared to Gdańsk and the deadlines are not as close as Gdańsk
Re: Polish Student Visa by Iyamuhenry: 10:08am On Jun 21, 2021
dennison4luv:

Please for someone going for master at age of 34yrs, are there chances of getting visa from polish embassy
Re: Polish Student Visa by icestrings(m): 10:18am On Jun 21, 2021
Good morning guys, please help first bank keeps saying they don’t issue credit card certificate please help me with a sample of what it looks like or a bank branch I can walk in to get it
Re: Polish Student Visa by dennison4luv: 10:48am On Jun 21, 2021
Iyamuhenry:

Please for someone going for master at age of 34yrs, are there chances of getting visa from polish embassy

No issue on that even at 40yrs
Re: Polish Student Visa by Iyamuhenry: 10:53am On Jun 21, 2021
dennison4luv:

No issue on that even at 40yrs

Thanks boss
Re: Polish Student Visa by afembaba(f): 11:14am On Jun 21, 2021
Are there schools that accepts documents for application without legalisation,as this legalisation may waste my time

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (568) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.