Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (56941 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by mukina2: 6:22pm On Feb 11, 2009
We know you wont last 10 mins grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 7:33pm On Feb 11, 2009
Is anyone else perturbed by reports that Carlo Ancelotti will be taking over in the summer? It already seems a done deal as the Milan Chief Executive Adriano Galliani explicitly stated that Ancelotti would consider his options in the summer. We all know Ancelotti is RA's chief-advisor and watched the CL final with him in Moscow. Are Chelsea fans ready for impending 4th placed league finishes when he takes over?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 8:21pm On Feb 11, 2009
I am with you on this one Ibime. Ancellotti is a NO for me. I hate his team selections. I hate his belief and confidence in spent players all because of past pedigree. It won't work in the premiership and employing him will only be a disaster.
I don't think Roman himself is fully prepared for what might happen. What if Hiddink goes on to win the FA and CL? He'l be at cross roads. The sane thing to do then will be to let Hiddink continue. I'd rather we brought in Zola and Clarke.

If Guus won't be staying after all why don't we look at Micheal laudrup? He's young plays attacking football and he fits the profile of a young manager wanting to stay and build.

On the other hand.
Guus Hiddink and Quaresma in Chelsea in the space of 2 weeks. If anyone asked me in the summer if this was possible I would said not in 3 years. My favouirite manager and one loved player!

Let the race begin.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 10:16pm On Feb 11, 2009
@Chac

Chief Twister

You claimed JM won because you were on transition

And i asked you to name players that left/sold to make way for the newer players.

You gave me a list but i proved that almost all of them are in united in JM's best season. In fact your highest goal scorer scored 21 league goals in one of those season but did not save you from being beaten by Chelsea. Shikena!

Djemba Djemba.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 10:19pm On Feb 11, 2009
It is well-rumoured that Rijkaard will be taking over at Milan in the summer. Ancelotti will most likely be moving to Chelsea. I really HATE the idea of Ancelotti taking over at Chelsea. His teams are too often pedestrain, and he sees no problem in losing 10 games per season.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 10:30pm On Feb 11, 2009
Akolawole:

@Chac

Chief Twister
You claimed JM won because you were on transition

http://thestar.com.my/lifestyle/story.asp?file=/2004/5/28/features/8075364&sec=features

Ferguson announced before the 2004/5 season that it was going to be a transition period.
Transition in the sense of young players bedding in.
Rooney and Ronaldo were work in progress in that season. . . . .The same boys won the title single handedly in 06/7 and 07/8 season.

The older players in the team then were past their peak.
Ferguson coulda replaced all of em with established players but he preferred to work with teenagers as at then.

And i asked you to name players that left/sold to make way for the newer players.

It's a combination of the two. . . . .U don't have to SELL ONLY to rebuild.
Young players coming in are also part of transitional period. . . . .Something Chelsea by-passed by buying established names.

You gave me a list but i proved that almost all of them are in united in JM's best season. In fact your highest goal scorer scored 21  league goals in one of those season but did not save you from being beaten by Chelsea. Shikena!

I gave u a link where it was said 2004/5 was a transitional year for Man Utd.
Whether we had a 21 goal scorer has nuthing to do with it.
Adebayor scored 24 league goals last season. . . . .does that remove the fact that Arsenal weren't rebuilding last season??

Djemba Djemba.

Veron n Kezman!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by somze(f): 11:07pm On Feb 11, 2009
~Sauron~:

Veron n Kezman!!!
Please what club did we get that guy from again?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 11:25pm On Feb 11, 2009
somze:

Please what club did we get that guy from again?

We sold him to Chelsea for 14 million!!!
It's like selling Eboue for 30 million!!! grin cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 1:42am On Feb 12, 2009
~Sauron~:

http://thestar.com.my/lifestyle/story.asp?file=/2004/5/28/features/8075364&sec=features

Ferguson announced before the 2004/5 season that it was going to be a transition period.
Transition in the sense of young players bedding in.
Rooney and Ronaldo were work in progress in that season. . . . .The same boys won the title single handedly in 06/7 and 07/8 season.

The older players in the team then were past their peak.

Ferguson coulda replaced all of em with established players but he preferred to work with teenagers as at then.

It's a combination of the two. . . . .U don't have to SELL ONLY to rebuild.
Young players coming in are also part of transitional period. . . . .Something Chelsea by-passed by buying established names.

I gave u a link where it was said 2004/5 was a transitional year for Man Utd.
Whether we had a 21 goal scorer has nuthing to do with it.
Adebayor scored 24 league goals last season. . . . .does that remove the fact that Arsenal weren't rebuilding last season??

Keep on confusing yourself.

SAF announced to who? To the world or personally to you?

C'mmon.

In 2004/5, SAF was busy sending prayer request round the whole world for Wenger and his super boys to die. He's definitely not in the cooler transiting.

JM just sneeked in and left both standing.

Was it not that year we beat you on every soil?

The same old players in ya team that you claimed past their prime as at 2004 were STILL your bedrock today. Scholes and Giggy.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 3:06am On Feb 12, 2009
Akolawole:

Keep on confusing yourself.
SAF announced to who? To the world or personally to you?

Press conference.

C'mmon.
In 2004/5, SAF was busy sending prayer request round the whole world for Wenger and his super boys to die. He's definitely not in the cooler transiting.

The same Arsenal team that he spanked in the FA cup semi-finals with Scholes getting a winner??
Arsenal didn't record a single victory against United in their invincible season. We stopped their unbeaten run in 2004/5 at OT.
SAF has never been scared of Arsenal.

JM just sneeked in and left both standing.
Was it not that year we beat you on every soil?

What does it matter? U keep talking about we beat you home n away. . . .
West Ham beat United home and away in 2006/7(does that mean anything??).
Arsenal beat United home n away in 2006/7(Did that leave SAF standing too??)

The same old players in ya team that you claimed past their prime as at 2004 were STILL your bedrock today. Scholes and Giggy.

Scholes and Giggs are United's bedrock. . . . . .I am having a laugh.
SAF still play them because of his loyalty to his old guards. . . .Under normal circumstances, their time has gone.
The old players in 2004/5 were Keane, Fortune, Butt, P.Neville, Howard etc and several players who Fergie misjudged their potentials at Man Utd.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 3:22am On Feb 12, 2009
~Sauron~:

1) Press conference.

The same Arsenal team that he spanked in the FA cup semi-finals with Scholes getting a winner??
Arsenal didn't record a single victory against United in their invincible season. We stopped their unbeaten run in 2004/5 at OT.
SAF has never been scared of Arsenal.

What does it matter? U keep talking about we beat you home n away. . . .

Scholes and Giggs are United's bedrock. . . . . .I am having a laugh.

1) All press conference get URL link, please give me.

2) No team is NOT scred of Arsenal's invisibles
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 8:35am On Feb 12, 2009
My pick is Zola. (Clarke I think is good for a number 2. . .no offence to the man though and no wonders JM fought for him. cool

I think RA knows what he is doing even if we don't approve of it. It's his money and he is running the club.

Landraup? nah, not now. . .he is currently with spartak moscow (yes it's a useless club in a useless league) and they are not doing particularly well. he had a good stinct with Getafe thats all.

I still think FR can do it at least even if we can't get Zola.
My 2 cents.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 12:05pm On Feb 12, 2009
Ancelotti: I will not be joining Chelsea this summer
Carlo Ancelotti has told Chelsea he will not leave AC Milan to coach the Blues next season.

Ancelotti's twin Champions League wins make him Abramovich's principal target.
Guus Hiddink will manage the side until the end of the season, but Ancelotti is reportedly owner Roman Abramovich's main candidate to replace Luiz Felipe Scolari in the long term.

However, AC Milan coach Ancelotti, who is under contract until June 2010, told calciomercato: "The only club that has made a move to sign me has been Chelsea.

"In the summer I met Abramovich but I didn't want to leave AC Milan. The same thing happens now, I am not thinking about leaving."
Ancelotti, 49, is the longest serving manager in Italy's top flight after joining the Rossoneri in 2001. And it is not the first time he has been linked with a move away from the San Siro.

"Even seven years ago this happened," Ancelotti added. "At this point of the season the same story comes out but I am not worried."

Ancelotti also spoke about Milan's loan signing David Beckham. The England midfielder has impressed since joining in January from Los Angeles Galaxy.

Beckham is set to leave the club on March 9 unless the Rossoneri agree a deal with the American side. Ancelotti said: "In my opinion, in order to keep Beckham sacrifices should be made because he is an important player for the team."

However, Ancelotti revealed that he did not want to include Beckham in the UEFA Cup updated squad list without knowing if the England midfielder would be staying. "David has a contract that ends on March 9 and it would become problematic to include him in two games," Ancelotti explained.

"In the end I and the club decided to include him in the games against Werder Bremen. It's important for us to progress to the next round and that would mean taking a step closer to success in the UEFA Cup."
One can only say that LFS was never RA's choice in the first place.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dyabman(m): 12:20pm On Feb 12, 2009
[b]Guus Hiddink could earn up to £2.5m for a four-month stint as Chelsea's caretaker manager. (Various)

The Dutchman has agreed to manage Chelsea and Russia until the end of the season following Luiz Felipe Scolari's dismissal as Blues boss. (Various)

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich will appoint a permanent manager in the summer, with AC Milan's Carlo Ancelotti his preferred candidate followed by Croatia coach Slaven Bilic. (Various)

Abramovich, who agreed a £7.1m severance package with Scolari on Tuesday night, will match Hiddink's £100,000-a-week wages he earns for coaching Russia. (Various)

Blues chief executive Peter Kenyon could be the next man to leave Stamford Bridge after he expressed a desire to see Scolari given more time. (Daily Mail)

Senior Chelsea players, including goalkeeper Petr Cech, midfielder Michael Ballack and striker Didier Drogba, met Abramovich before the 0-0 draw with Hull as the owner prepared to sack his club's manager. (Daily Star)

Friends of Cech concede the player had a problem with former manager Scolari but insist he did not push for the Brazilian to be dismissed. (The Sun)

Hiddink's impressive second spell in charge of PSV Eindhoven, in which he won three league titles, came despite unrest among fans that resulted in him receiving death threats and bullets in the post. (The Sun)[/b]
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 1:17pm On Feb 12, 2009
word is that the reason RA employed GH is because the russian football union (rfu) couldn't pay his alawi, which is to the tune of 3,5 Million Euros. i.e by getting GH on his payroll, RA will be paying off the debt of RFU.

Or maybe the rfu agreed to loan him ONLY if RA will GH's bills?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 1:47pm On Feb 12, 2009
Akolawole:

1) All press conference get URL link, please give me.

I have provided 3 links on this issue in previous pages.
Take your time and read it thoroughly.

2) No team is NOT scared of Arsenal's invisibles

I dunno about Chelsea and Liverpool but Man Utd owned Arsenal in 2003/4 and 2004/5

2003/4
Man Utd 0-0 Arsenal(OT)
Arsenal 1-1 Man Utd(Highbury)
Man Utd 1-0 Arsenal(FA Cup @ Villa Park)

2004/5
Man Utd 2-0 Arsenal(OT)
Man Utd 1-0 Arsenal(Carling Cup @ OT)
Arsenal 2-4 Man Utd(Highbury)
Arsenal 5-4 Man Utd(FA cup final after penalty shoot-out)

As you can see, Man Utd were on top of Arsenal throughout the period of their invincibility.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by kaypumpin2(m): 2:02pm On Feb 12, 2009
~Sauron~:

I dunno about Chelsea and Liverpool but Man Utd owned Arsenal in 2003/4 and 2004/5

2003/4
Man Utd 0-0 Arsenal(OT)
Arsenal 1-1 Man Utd(Highbury)
Man Utd 1-0 Arsenal(FA Cup @ Villa Park)

2004/5
Man Utd 2-0 Arsenal(OT)
Man Utd 1-0 Arsenal(Carling Cup @ OT)
Arsenal 2-4 Man Utd(Highbury)
Arsenal 5-4 Arsenal(FA cup final after penalty shoot-out)

As you can see, Man Utd were on top of Arsenal throughout the period of their invincibility.

Try to modify that brov
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 12, 2009
True.
Arsenal did not beat United through-out that period,save for that FA Cup final.
You'd have to go back to 2003 for any Arsenal Victory over United,and 2002 for a Gunners win in the League.
On the other hand,Arsenal had Chelsea each time they wanted during that period, abi?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 3:22pm On Feb 12, 2009
Eastbay:

True.
Arsenal did not beat United through-out that period,save for that FA Cup final.
You'd have to go back to 2003 for any Arsenal Victory over United,and 2002 for a Gunners win in the League.
On the other hand,Arsenal had Chelsea each time they wanted during that period, abi?

Disregard Akola's hypocrisy!!!
Just because Henry and Pires raped em relentlessly in the INVINCIBLE era he thinks Arsenal were fearsome!!!

@ Kay_Pumping,

Modified. . . .that was sheer oversight.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 3:35pm On Feb 12, 2009
~Sauron~:

Those links has nothing to do with press conference.

Dont bring yeye link here i hope you remembered how Rikkyjen flogged Loyika when he keep on bringing isale-eko links. Thank God what he gave us now is proper links.

Though Arsenal's invicibility peaked 2003/04 but this was built for about 3/4 years. Was it not at Old trattford they won the league?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 3:42pm On Feb 12, 2009
Akolawole:

Those links has nothing to do with press conference.

I will provide links by the end of today.

Dont bring yeye link here i hope you remembered how Rikkyjen flogged Loyika when he keep on bringing isale-eko links. Thank God what he gave us now is proper links.

Na u sabi. . . . .Every footie pundit will tell you Ferguson started rebuilding after 2003/4.
The departure of Roy Keane/Patrick Vieira from the EPL marked a new dawn for both clubs.

Though Arsenal's invicibility peaked 2003/04 but this was built for about 3/4 years. Was it not at Old trattford they won the league?

Akola, stop being an ERRORIST!!!
3/4 years before 2003/4 was 2000?? Right??

1999/2000-------Man Utd
2000/2001-------Man Utd
2001/2002-------Arsenal
2002/2003-------Man Utd
2003/2004-------Arsenal(the last time they won the league)

Where is the dominance?? Where is the peak of invincibility?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Razorr(f): 5:06pm On Feb 12, 2009
WOW! CHAOS!

Let me drop my two cents on the subject of Chelsea and the coaching situation: -

1. Anyone suggesting that Guus Hiddink is not the best choice for Chelsea at the moment  is a complete dufus football knowlegde-wise.

2. Anyone suggesting that Rijkaard should take the reigns at Chelsea is an enemy of the club.

3. Guus Hiddink is EASILY among the top 3 football tacticians in the world, if not the best.

still with Guus Hiddink. . .

4. He's a great man-manager/motivator. . .

5. He's among a rare class of coaches with the unique ability to change games. Mourinho and Rafa Benitez are members of this unique club. The 11 players he files out in the first half usually appear different to the players that finish the match.

6. He's unpredictable - Anyone close to Claudio Ranieri would tell you that he's peeing in his pants right now, as he doesn't know what to expect anymore when he plays Chelsea within the next two weeks. He probably was guaranteed a victory under Scolari.

7. He develops players.

8. He creates Cinderella teams, e.g. PSV Eindhoven in the Champions league 2004/2005, South Korea in the world cup 2002, Russia in recent times, among others.

9. He turned Roman Pavlyuchenko from a gangly teenager and shitty striker to one of the best players at Euro 2008 and one of the best strikers in the premiership at the moment. He further discovered young talents like 18-year old Dzagoev, a young player that most big clubs in Europe would die to get their hands on.

10. He can make a footballer out of anyone, including a bunch of talented but spoilt and over-pampered brats, like Chelsea currently parade.

Should I go on?

I was rooting for Hiddink when Jose was fired, but he wasn't interested in the job. I congratulate Roman Abramovich for finally getting his man. I also thank Roman Abramovich for shutting Chelsea's detractors up(i.e. people who carried rumours saying that Roman wants to sell the club).

Are his recent actions the sign of a man fed up with the club?

It's events like these that make me a Chelsea fan!

I love the controversy!

I love being hated!

I loved Jose Mourinho!

And I love Roman Abramovich!

Anyone else can go f**k himself!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 5:26pm On Feb 12, 2009
@ Razorr,

U are a royal bleeding Arrow.

Were u not creaming yourself all over for Felipe Scolari when he took the job last summer?
Hiddink will not take Chelsea to the promised land. . . . .He was brought in to steady the ship(take Chelsea to at least a 4th place finish in the Premiership) and any title that comes along will be a bonus.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by debosky(m): 5:30pm On Feb 12, 2009
~Sauron~:

@ Razorr,

U are a royal bleeding Arrow.

Were u not creaming yourself all over for Felipe Scolari when he took the job last summer?
Hiddink will not take Chelsea to the promised land. . . . .He was brought in to steady the ship(take Chelsea to at least a 4th place finish in the Premiership) and any title that comes along will be a bonus.
shocked shocked grin grin

Where is the love?

They were all (except maybe Ibime, Akola and Somze) delirious when Scolari came, but the story has changed now. tongue

Hiddink has pedigree - national teams and in Holland, but aside that, he failed spectacularly in Spain. I'm not too sure he can handle Chelski. One thing going for him though is RA's direct backing.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 5:40pm On Feb 12, 2009
debosky:

shocked shocked grin grin
Where is the love?

The love flew out of the window immediately after Roman sacked Scolari.

They were all (except maybe Ibime, Akola and Somze) delirious when Scolari came, but the story has changed now. tongue

The rate at which Chelski fans change like the British weather is astonishing.
One moment a manager is the messiah, the next moment the manager is dud.
How can we forget the way Nateevs kept bawling the PREMIERSHIP IS BLUE throughout August, September and October??
I doubt he knows the colour today. He would prolly say PURPLE. grin grin grin grin

Hiddink has pedigree - national teams and in Holland, but aside that, he failed spectacularly in Spain. I'm not too sure he can handle Chelski. One thing going for him though is RA's direct backing.

The problem in Chelsea is not the manager. . . . . .It is the avalanche of OAPs they have in their ranks.
United can afford to play Giggs and Scholes sparingly. . . . .2 weeks rest in and out of games keeps them FRESH whenever they are called upon.
Giggs was rested for 2 weeks before the Chelsea game and you can tell he was fresh and the display on the night was fantastic.
Chelsea cannot do that with their 30+ players so they keep on producing insipid and tasteless display week in week out.
For Chelsea to function, they need a new manager and a major overhaul. cool
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dayokanu(m): 5:44pm On Feb 12, 2009
One thing people fail to realise about Hindick is he doesnt like working with BIG prima donnas
He prefer young effective hardworkers not necesarily flashy superstars.

His succes with PSV, Korea, Russia attest to this. When he landed at Madrid and he has to play with Big players, He couldnt manage it.

Hindick might be a good option for a mid level team looking to build and challenge big teams but handling spoilt stars might be too hard for him.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Razorr(f): 5:50pm On Feb 12, 2009
You guys are the royal bleeding  TWATS! grin grin grin

Scolari is a world class coach! A man who won the world cup is definitely no idiot!

But his biggest downfall were his training methods. His methods would not work for a premiership team, as most of Chelsea's players have admitted!

John Terry himself admitted recently in an interview that he has dropped in fitness under Scolari, but he admitted that Scolari is a good coach. The problem with Scolari was that he was too stubborn! He wouldn't listen to critism of his tactics and kept making the same mistakes. His stubborness and passion worked for him as a national team coach (especially with Brazil) but wouldn't work now. Besides, he didn't have the passion for Chelsea that he had as Brazil coach. Scolari was known to be quite restless while coaching his previous team, jumping up and down and swearing at touchlines. That was missing in Chelsea.

Anyway, because of his soft training methods at Chelsea, there was a general decline in fitness in the squad.
One of Chelsea's greatest strengths under Mourinho and the reason why we were usually unbeatable was because we were always fitter than anyone else. We were always at our best in the last couple of minutes of each match and we were known to dazzle and score late goals.

That fitness was still there under Grant, but has gone abegging under Scolari. Chelsea is now guilty of conceeding late goals.

I expect Hiddink to correct this, as one of the main strengths of his teams is their fitness and vigour.

Chelsea has got a bunch of skillful superstars and with the right amount of fitness, we should salvage something this season.

Don't get me wrong, it won't happen in a few days or weeks, but we would get it right!

UP THE CHELS! Down Jackal Sauron and the rest of the hating bandwagon, Debosky and his UEFA Cup-bound Gunners! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by cabali(m): 5:58pm On Feb 12, 2009
Where have u been raze
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 5:59pm On Feb 12, 2009
@ Razorr,

I am disappointed you believe in the training method hogwash.
Why didn't issue of training methods crop up when Scolari was beating teams away from home between August and November??
Terry and his cohorts are professionals. . . . . . .They should stop moaning like toddlers and complaining about training methods.
Buncha overpaid prima donnas moaning about anything they can think of. . . . . . .
Didn't Anelka also say he wasn't ready to take the penalty in Moscow because he was brought in late into the game??
Evidence clearly showed Nani, Belletti and Anderson in later in the game and they buried their penalty kicks.

Chelsea players should take responsibility for their failure.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Razorr(f): 6:13pm On Feb 12, 2009
cabali:

Where have u been raze

Making money. cheesy cheesy

@Sauron

Oh I see! So according to you, it is sheer coincidence that all those overpaid-overpampered prima donnas are loosing fitness at the same time, abi?
Listen to yourself!

Let me list the number of Chelsea players that have suddenly lost form: -

1. Michael Ballack -He was our best box-to-box player last season and along with Drogba, the reason we got to the C/L final.

2. Didier Drogba -One of the best and most feared strikers in Europe last year and now one of the most unfit and crappy in England!

3. Frank Lampard (He's been our best so far but he's a far cry from his form at the end of last season)

4. Petr Cech - The best goalie in the world a year ago, now guilty of hilarious blunders.

5. Ashley Cole - A shadow of his former self.

6. John Terry.

I can go on and on. Scolari's methods were the problem, full-stop!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 6:18pm On Feb 12, 2009
Razorr:

Anyway, because of his soft training methods at Chelsea, there was a general decline in fitness in the squad.
One of Chelsea's greatest strengths under Mourinho and the reason why we were usually unbeatable was because we were always fitter than anyone else. We were always at our best in the last couple of minutes of each match and we were known to dazzle and score late goals.

That fitness was still there under Grant, but has gone abegging under Scolari. Chelsea is now guilty of conceeding late goals.

I expect Hiddink to correct this, as one of the main strengths of his teams is their fitness and vigour.

Chelsea has got a bunch of skillful superstars and with the right amount of fitness, we should salvage something this season.

Don't get me wrong, it won't happen in a few days or weeks, but we would get it right!

Nice analysis, but fitness is set by pre-season training and cannot be altered much in the middle of the season, not when you are playing 2 games a week. Hiddink will have to work around the unfit players Scolari left and that means rotation. Thats why managers set a fitness-plan for pre-season to take them through the full season. This usually involves hard running in pre-season and plenty of rest between February and May when you enter the latter stages of the Cups and CL. Flogging the players now will not improve their fitness much, it could even be counterproductive as they arrive for matches tired.

Scolari has already phocked up and Hiddink will have to bear the brunt.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 6:19pm On Feb 12, 2009
Razorr:

@Sauron

Oh I see! So according to you, it is sheer coincidence that all those overpaid-overpampered prima donnas are loosing fitness at the same time, abi?
Listen to yourself!

Let me list the number of Chelsea players that have suddenly lost form: -

1. Michael Ballack -He was our best box-to-box player last season and along with Drogba, the reason we got to the C/L final.

2. Didier Drogba -One of the best and most feared strikers in Europe last year and now one of the most unfit and crappy in England!

3. Frank Lampard (He's been our best so far but he's a far cry from his form at the end of last season)

4. Petr Cech - The best goalie in the world a year ago, now guilty of hilarious blunders.

5. Ashley Cole - A shadow of his former self.

6. John Terry.

I can go on and on. Scolari's methods were the problem, full-stop!

Is it also sheer coincidence that all the players u have listed here are 30 years of age??
Never ever underestimate what 12 months can do to the fitness of a 30 year-old man asked to play week in week out in the Premiership.
Your players have aged. . . . .That is why they have all lost form.
They can only be effective if they are used sparingly like we manage Scholes and Giggs. . . . .
Comparing Drogba of this season to the Drogba of last season is folly. . . . .12 months have passed between the 2 periods.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (101)

UEFA Europa League Quarter Finals Live Draws & Fixtures / Leicester Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 14th December 2015 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona El Clasico (0 - 4) On 20th March 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.