Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (56940 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 12, 2009
Chelsea, a club people luv to hate. cool

Well seems Ancelotti ain't interested in taking over at the summer, who cares?
The good news is Hiddink ain't ruling out a permanent move.

Surely our glory days ain't over yet.
Mancs and Gunners, prepare for war cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 7:46pm On Feb 12, 2009
~Sauron~:

Na u sabi. . . . .Every footie pundit will tell you Ferguson started rebuilding after 2003/4.
The departure of Roy Keane/Patrick Vieira from the EPL marked a new dawn for both clubs.

3/4 years before 2003/4 was 2000?? Right??

1999/2000-------Man Utd
2000/2001-------Man Utd

INVISIBILITY

2001/2002-------Arsenal
2002/2003-------Man Utd
2003/2004-------Arsenal
Where is the dominance?

Dont be too- hypertensive about this. Wait for JM to triumph at Old trattford. SAF's GP met me yesterday complainning that Baba's BP had gone up ahead of champions league match. Please tell him to cool down. grin

In 2002, Wirtod won it for Arsenal at OLD TRATTFORD grin

The gunners miss it by wiskers in 2003 and

won it again in 2004.

You get wahala with that

So Keane and Viera are the definition of Transition ba? grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 7:47pm On Feb 12, 2009
@Razoor

Welcome back!

May your second coming bring success to our new coach.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 7:58pm On Feb 12, 2009
Akolawole:

Dont be too- hypertensive about this. Wait for JM to triumph at Old trattford. SAF's GP met me yesterday complainning that Baba's BP had gone up ahead of champions league match. Please tell him to cool down. grin

I will EAT soldier ants if Jose Mourinho eliminate this United team in the Champions League.
Blimey. . . . .I am willing to bet Inter will not score a single goal in 2 legs.
U can quote this statement anytime of the day.

In 2002, Wirtod won it for Arsenal at OLD TRATTFORD grin
The gunners miss it by wiskers in 2003 and won it again in 2004.

Why start from 2002. . . . .Arsenal was not in this league in 2001 or 2000 or 1999 when United won it in style??
Gunners miss the Premiership by whiskers in 2003?? ROFLMAO.
They finished 5 points below Man Utd and they missed it by whiskers??
If Wenger missed it by whiskers in 2003, how did Grant miss it last season OR Wenger in 98/99?? By pubic hair?? grin cheesy

You get wahala with that

Nah. . . . .U have just convinced me u started watching this league not too long ago.

So Keane and Viera are the definition of Transition ba? grin

That is not the definition of transition.
All i am saying is. . . .when JM joined the Premiership, he came at a time when his main rivals were re-building.
Only a complete doofus will claim Jose coulda won the league in 2003/4 when Arsenal won the title UNBEATEN.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 8:49pm On Feb 12, 2009
Razorr's back? . . . . . These past two weeks have brought new things to Chelsea!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 12:32am On Feb 13, 2009
Gael Kakuta broke his left ankle in training. . . he'll be out for 3 months.
Just when I felt Hiddink will give him a chance.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dyabman(m): 5:32am On Feb 13, 2009
Hiddink seems to get the best out of all players. I think his time at chelsea could be a deciding factor to our future. As it has been well documented he has a very close relationship with Roman. When he looks at our team he will see players who just turn up and collect the wages and also players who aren't good enough to be reguarly 1st team members. Surely he must say to roman at some point in his spell that our squad is ageing and if we want to domainate football for a very long time we need to invest in potential world class players, youngsters that will have a huge part to play in our future. If you look at Man utd they have expectional youth players in the Da silva twins, tosic, nani, anderson, evans & danny wellbeck. If you look at chelsea in comparsion to UTD i can't name any players we have that could be potentially be world class. It is time to get rid of the ageing players like Ballack and other players who shouldn't be in our squad such as Malouda, kalou, Anelka & Deco. I still think Drogba can do a job but Roman is demanding sexy football and the problem is we don't the players to play sexy football. If you look at spain game against england last night they're all technically gifted players who play in midfield and strikers who play on the shoulder of defenders and rely on their pace and expetional finishing ability. When you look at chelsea squad we don't have those sort of players or even a playmaker. Deco was meant to come in and do the job and maybe he did in the first few games but he has lost his form and dissappered. I think we have suffered by not getting Robinho but he is not the only world class player who could chnage chelsea. I think our scouting system needs to be looked at massively and they need to take some blame. Why didn't we bid for torres, ronaldinho, robinho, villa, xavi & silva the list could go on forever.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by cabali(m): 7:36am On Feb 13, 2009
I have been speechless for a while and that is because I have had mostly nothing positive to say in a while considering the turn out of events and I refuse to join in with arguments of the past on frivolous issues like why JM won the premiership when he did.

It is still difficult for me to say but I must say that i was first encouraged when some members of the team admitted that they did not do so well and most of the blame should be pointed in their direction. That was what brought hope back at me.

And nowm Hiddink!

GH is another national team coach but I must say I feel a bit more comfortable with him at announcement than I was with scolari. And before u start saying something else, know that I mentioned I was not comfortable with scolari at the start. I mentioned this also when he was giving some teams a thrashig of about 5-0.

We may not win the premiership but we sure will cause some troubles here and there. grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 7:47am On Feb 13, 2009
RA is still very much in charge !!

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 7:51am On Feb 13, 2009
Alex fergusson must pissing in his pants.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 7:54am On Feb 13, 2009
Meet the boys

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dyabman(m): 8:01am On Feb 13, 2009
Oh great, Now i'm Enjoying it. GO HIDDINK!!! , GO HIDDINK!! ,
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 8:21am On Feb 13, 2009
It's gonna be fire!!!! grin
bring it ON. . .me loving this!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by cabali(m): 10:42am On Feb 13, 2009
Let me see his first tactical game before I can say anything.

Any coach can do all what he has just done. I want to see him make a positively resultant tactical change on a game, then I will be able to grade him.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Razorr(f): 11:00am On Feb 13, 2009
@Sauron

I'm g'onna reiterate what I said. If there was nothing wrong with Scolari's fitness training methods, 70% of the squad wouldn't be complaining. Who likes double work?

@Cabali

Methinks the only tactical change Hiddink needs to deploy is to revert to the style of play that got us to the champions league final last year. Scolari brought in a new style of play but didn't have the right players to execute it. 30 year old players cannot play the short passing game that requires they work twice as hard as they used to and they didn't even have the requisite amount of fitness. That is why he was screaming about Robinho. He wanted young blood.

Well, the damage has been done and we cannot re-open the transfer window, so we have to make do with what we have. The good news is that we now have Quaresma who I believe will come good and provide that extra creativity that can open up defenses, which we have lacked so far! He might just be the key to the rest of our season(pity he can't play C/L football).
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by t0kunb0(m): 11:31am On Feb 13, 2009
"quoted

~Sauron~:

I will EAT soldier ants if Jose Mourinho eliminate this United team in the Premiership.
Blimey. . . . .I am willing to bet Inter will not score a single goal in 2 legs.
U can quote this statement anytime of the day.

quoted" angry
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 11:36am On Feb 13, 2009
@Toks

Thank you.

It will definitely be a reference point but sharoun knows how to run away when he fails.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 12:15pm On Feb 13, 2009
Razorr:

@Sauron
I'm g'onna reiterate what I said. If there was nothing wrong with Scolari's fitness training methods, 70% of the squad wouldn't be complaining. Who likes double work?

70% did not complain. Only Drogba, Ballack and Petr Cech complained.
Classless animals who cannot keep fit to save their career.

Akolawole:

@Toks
Thank you.
It will definitely be a reference point but sharoun knows how to run away when he fails.

A defensive unit of Brown---Rio---Evans----Evra can never be breached.
13 teams have tried it in the Premiership without success.
Jose Mourinho will fail.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 12:24pm On Feb 13, 2009
@Cabali.

Any coach can do what he has just done? . . . While I am not trying to get over excited, Hiddink is Class. I have not met anybody who knows what Hiddink plays. He knows how to vary the game and plays according to the prevailing match situations.

Guus does not need to win anything. . . Guus is Guus!

To all those who say and think RA is ready to cash in, well there's your answer. He was very much hands-on on this one!. . . . He doesn't need to be present to make this happen, his presence makes everything even very much assuring.

What is Bruce writing in the picture behind RA and Guus?. . . that's man looks older every second!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 12:38pm On Feb 13, 2009
@Chac.

Me can't guarantee you'll beat Inter. . . . What's you smoking? grin grin. . . You are going down and out of CL man!. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 12:48pm On Feb 13, 2009
nateevs:

@Chac.
Me can't guarantee you'll beat Inter. . . . What's you smoking? grin grin. . . You are going down and out of CL man!. . .

How can u guarantee it when your team was beaten bluish-blackish at OT??
OT is a fortress. The only snag is Vidic's suspension but Evans/Brown will cover for him.
Evans is good. . . . . . . My Boss(a season ticket holder of Sunderland told me Evans was the reason they avoided relegation last season).
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by cabali(m): 1:18pm On Feb 13, 2009
nateevs:

@Cabali.

Any coach can do what he has just done? . . .

Before you start to waste points on me nateevs, I need u to understand what I said. I did not say any coach can do what GH has done I said any coach can do what he just did There is a huge difference.

The post before highlighted as a thing of excitement that GH went around hooking up with players and motivating them and all and I said any coach can do that and can I can repeat that if it is neccessary. I like the guy but like I have said about Scolari and being an international team coach, I need to see tact from him before I am confident this season wont be too bad.

Which coach does not want to prove himself?? If U take JM to coach Eyimba for 12hrs, he sure will want to prove himself. And since a failure to make a difference with Chelsea will add to his profile; He DOES need to prove himself.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by cabali(m): 1:52pm On Feb 13, 2009
In the meantime, I cant wait to see what happens between Inter and man u! There is so much vibe about this. And sauron's predictions. . . . . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 1:58pm On Feb 13, 2009
It's not very far away. . .we will know who is all brass (loud-mouth) but with no knuckles.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 2:12pm On Feb 13, 2009
@Cabali.

No offence. . . I am on your side here. . . I was only pointing out a few things. . . Sorry I like the guy more than JM and perhaps that took the best of me. . . I must have misconstrued your point.

@Chac.

What has you beating Chelsea got to do with anything? . . .You dey waka comot for CL. . . . Simple as!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 2:23pm On Feb 13, 2009
nateevs:

@Chac.

What has you beating Chelsea got to do with anything? . . .You dey waka comot for CL. . . . Simple as!

It has a lot to do with it cos Mourinho took Chelsea to where they are today.
The thrashing was even under his nose while taking notes. . . . . .
I still dunno any European team capable of beating this Man Utd side at FULL STRENGTH. . . . . .
U HAVE TO SCORE at least 2 goals to beat United and trust me. . . .That is impossible in the form Vidic and VDS are this season.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 3:32pm On Feb 13, 2009
@Chac. .

Now you are stretching your imaginations too far. You really you are invincible don't ya? You played Chelsea in times of turmoil. Several things could have happened. What's to say you can beat a full strength Chelsea as well?

God no go blind us. . . It's only a few days away and reality will smash like egg all over your face grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by badblood13(m): 4:16pm On Feb 13, 2009
CHELSEA STINKS!! WE ALL KNOW THAT. NO LONG THING

FRIDAY THE 13TH cool

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by cabali(m): 6:38pm On Feb 13, 2009
@ nateevs,

I do not ever doubt that u are on my side. I just needed for u to understand me so u dont think I dont like GH cos matter of frankly I prefer him to scolari for the fact that he has club experience.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by cabali(m): 7:15pm On Feb 13, 2009
A lot of posts and I have not seen or heard of the virus! Has there been a cure??
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by fadson: 7:47pm On Feb 13, 2009
Hi guyz,

I am a regularly visitor here, Love the analysis and arguments.Above all i love my Chelsea, no matter what!

Pls guyz lets analyze Scolari's comment below and see if the new MAN can make any difference:

Scolari said: “At Chelsea we don't have the player who can make the difference by himself by producing something magical on the pitch.

"We miss that. In the past, Arjen Robben was at Chelsea and he could make the difference. But now there is no one.

"Robinho could have been this player. He is not afraid to dribble, to take a risk. As a Brazilian, I like this.

“My team isn't Brazilian enough. It is a 'bureaucratic' team. That's the style of my players. That's why Robinho would have done a lot of good for the team.

"With my squad it's very difficult to play with Drogba and Anelka up front. I don't have the players to play on the wings in a 4-4-2 system.

“Salomon Kalou can play on the wing in a 4-3-3 but not in a 4-4-2 because he doesn't defend well enough.

"With Anelka and Drogba at the front, who would play on the left? And in the middle?

“If we played 4-4-2 we would lose the battle in midfield. So, I have to choose between Anelka and Drogba.

"Drogba lacks a lot of confidence at the moment. After two or three big injuries, he is missing something. Drogba doesn't have enough confidence, so I choose Anelka."
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 10:52pm On Feb 13, 2009
Chelsea have just reported £66m loss for last year. . . . .

. . . but the good news is that Roman has converted a large part of the interest-free loan he gave us into shares.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (101)

UEFA Europa League Quarter Finals Live Draws & Fixtures / Leicester Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 14th December 2015 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona El Clasico (0 - 4) On 20th March 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.