Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,485 members, 7,830,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

List Of Hausa Dialect - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / List Of Hausa Dialect (23928 Views)

Oyinbo Lady Speaks Nigerian Local Dialect And Cooks Our Dishes Better(video) / A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs / Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by sorextee(m): 8:48pm On Apr 23, 2015
Awwww, I'm here to teach you.. smiley
ammyluv2002:
I love Hausa language....very romantic. I really wish to learn
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by odave: 8:59pm On Apr 23, 2015
Wow 2 pages since making front page? I bet the hausas/northerners on NL are not up to 20k
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by ammyluv2002(f): 9:02pm On Apr 23, 2015
sorextee:
Awwww, I'm here to teach you.. smiley
Seriously?
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Ezemust: 9:35pm On Apr 23, 2015
Ozigbondu:
Guys come and rep ur hausiods
alamdina umahia.which also means alamdililia is an Hausa word
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by nwadiuko1(m): 10:00pm On Apr 23, 2015
All of them get this "ci" at the end like givencci
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by DoubleFaith(m): 10:11pm On Apr 23, 2015
Iskanci in Istanbul...
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by nagoma(m): 10:16pm On Apr 23, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Okay

Ina kwana? = good morning. Reply - Lafiya ( literally means in good health)
Ina wuni/yini. = good afternoon/ evening ( reply " lafiya)
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by ammyluv2002(f): 10:21pm On Apr 23, 2015
nagoma:

Ina kwana? = good morning. Reply - Lafiya ( literally means in good health)
Ina wuni/yini. = good afternoon/ evening ( reply " lafiya)

Wow! cool....loving it
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Ogigiri: 10:34pm On Apr 23, 2015
what about Kadunanci and lokojanci?
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 23, 2015
9jacrip:

Not to engage in any form of competition but to correct an error in your post before it becomes accepted as a fact.

Read below:

Yoruba is one of the four official languages of Nigeria and is a member of the Volta-Niger branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages. It is spoken by about 22 million people in southwest Nigeria, Benin, Togo, the UK, Brazil and the USA.

http://omniglot.com/writing/yoruba.htm

Yet America,Britain,Russia,china,Germany and France could not air your tribe as an international radio station like hausa....Note that the report by op is belated.We have almost over 50m people speaking hausa tribe in Nigeria...Remember Hausa is spoken in North east,North west,North central etc...The op did not know hausa is spoken in Burkina faso,Ivory coast,Mali,Chad,Cameroon,madina,makka,jedda etc etc
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Nobody: 11:39pm On Apr 23, 2015
searching4lovee:
[size=28pt]WEED[/size] cool
gimmeeeeee kiss
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Macelliot(m): 12:17am On Apr 24, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Ref: Laurie Bauer, 2007, ﻫَﻮُﺱَ The Linguistics Student’s Handbook, Edinburgh.

^ ab Gibanawa at Ethnologue (18th ed., 2015)

Lalasticlala make things balance by doing the needful, no partiality.
Hahahahahahahahahahaha I don laugh tire....
You tried sha....
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Macelliot(m): 12:19am On Apr 24, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Yoruba cool
Igbo did...
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by sogoisrael(m): 12:36am On Apr 24, 2015
Ogunci.......... Ogun people, u can also call the dialect egunsi
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Nobody: 12:54am On Apr 24, 2015
iamnen:
Others are:

Pitakwanchi - Port harcourt

Owekwanchi - Owerri

Bayekwanchi - Bayelsa
grin cheesy
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by tevinsolt: 1:22am On Apr 24, 2015
what about Egusi(chi)?
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by jomoh: 2:25am On Apr 24, 2015
chynie:
na competition? so cos igbos posted their own mallams wan come show too abi

If people talk now they will say they are being targeted. Why does everything has to be about Igbos? Why must you bring tribe into it?

Someone started with Yoruba before the Igbo own came up. We never heard anyone making useless tribal noise over it when the Igbo own came out. The Hausa own is out now and you already started you tribal noise.

Why are you people the noisiest sets? [i](Apologies to my reasonable brothers for this)[/i]And when the heat is turned up now they start crying foul for the whole world to hear.

Tribalistic bigots all over the place.

Joe82834:

My reasonable brother from the east. Can you see, this is what we are talking about. Why does he have to make noise here.

1 Like

Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by sorextee(m): 2:39am On Apr 24, 2015
Yes o. U go even sabi speak am pass me wen i teach u finish..
ammyluv2002:
Seriously?
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Fulaman198(m): 3:00am On Apr 24, 2015
seuntope8:
Adamawa State have the largest dialect in the North to some extent that some households have their own dialects...
They can help or do favour for an outsider but hardly favour their own. They are very accomodative and loving...

That's wrong. Adamawa state is a Fulani state, not Hausa.
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Nobody: 3:47am On Apr 24, 2015
Mojanity:
gimmeeeeee kiss

Tell me you're joking shocked undecided
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Nobody: 4:21am On Apr 24, 2015
Whichever dialect its being spoken in, its still without a doubt the best sounding language in Africa.
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by nagoma(m): 6:11am On Apr 24, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Wow! cool....loving it

General polite greeting to anybody any time = Sannu

For someone working = Sannu da aiki
Work = aiki
House work = aikin gida ( gida = house)
Aikin Hanya = Road work ( Hanya =road or way)
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Nobody: 7:02am On Apr 24, 2015
seuntope8:
Adamawa State have the largest dialect in the North to some extent that some households have their own dialects...
They can help or do favour for an outsider but hardly favour their own. They are very accomodative and loving...

That's because the people of Adamawa are not hausas, every non-hausa has his weird personal dialect no matter how hard they try to sound fluent, it always shows. Maybe that's why the people of Adamawa all had different dialects to you.
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 24, 2015
Afam4eva:
What's the Hausa in zamfara called? I heard that's like the central Hausa.

No! That's sokoto, they still speak with the original dialect spoken hundreds of years ago, its so weird that some modern hausa speaking people find it hard to understand them but its friggin awesome. I wish I could learn the original dialect of my ancestors.
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 24, 2015
MazadoGoodman:
There's also "Jasanci" spoken in Jos-Plateau.

Plateau is not even among the "banza bakwai" so anything original to them must be another language.
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 24, 2015
odave:
Wow 2 pages since making front page? I bet the hausas/northerners on NL are not up to 20k

And?
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Joe82834(m): 7:47am On Apr 24, 2015
jomoh:

If people talk now they will say they are being targeted. Why does everything has to be about Igbos? Why must you bring tribe into it?

Someone started with Yoruba before the Igbo own came up. We never heard anyone making useless tribal noise over it when the Igbo own came out. The Hausa own is out now and you already started you tribal noise.

Why are you people the noisiest sets? [i](Apologies to my reasonable brothers for this)[/i]And when the heat is turned up now they start crying foul for the whole world to hear.

Tribalistic bigots all over the place.

Very true.reason y I said its a Nigerian problem.when I also viewed d thread about d Igbo dialects,I saw comments saying Igbos are copying yorubas and the Yoruba's lead n odas follow. And now am seeing this too from an Igbo abt d Hausa thread.it's really a bad thing to do n I think it has to do with ppls mindset. Am not Yoruba but I enjoyed d piece on Yoruba dialect n also enjoyed DAT on Igbo dialect(am Igbo).really was looking to see a thread on Hausa dialects too n now its here.and u know y I enjoyed them? Its cos I see each as educational piece of work.but lots of Nigerians see things from an angle of competition. Just hoping things will get better sha. I don tire to dey see e-war and online bravado

1 Like

Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Umarmusa1988(m): 8:09am On Apr 24, 2015
Jasawanchi in Plateau state.
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 24, 2015
@op, your no. 5 is incorrect. kuteb(kutebanchi( is a language in Taraba state. it is not Hausa.
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by anasey(m): 9:12am On Apr 24, 2015
i want to learn Hausa!!!!
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Wulfruna(f): 10:14am On Apr 24, 2015
bigfrancis21:

LOL. Keep deceiving yourself. Nigeria and Benin republic are the only 2 countries with native Yoruba speakers. Nigeria is Yoruba's main spoken territory while in Benin repulic yorubas are considered immigrants or settlers. As for the other countries, Yorubas are just ordinary migrants in those areas.

Okay, this tendency of yours to jump into topics you do not know jack about is becoming reeeally annoying. I'm beginning to understand why folks around here call you a bigot.

There are native Yoruba-speakers in THREE, not two West African countries: Nigeria, Benin and Togo.

Who the hell told you Yorubas in Benin are considered immigrants? You just pulled that out of your arse, didn't you?

Ketu and Sabe, are two of the oldest precolonial Yoruba kingdoms and subgroups, tracing their crowns directly to Oduduwa. They are both in present-day Benin. They had already been long established there before the Europeans ever visited West Africa.

So much for immigrants and settlers.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cobbler Returns Painter's Lost N200k, Says "I Do Am For Allah" / Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? / Aare Adetola Emmanuel King Celebrates His Birthday Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.