Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

List Of Hausa Dialect - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / List Of Hausa Dialect (23920 Views)

Oyinbo Lady Speaks Nigerian Local Dialect And Cooks Our Dishes Better(video) / A "Super-sweet" Collection Of Hausa Proverbs / Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Rilwayne001: 10:34am On Apr 24, 2015
Caseless:
ok grin u can always learn from africanapple. Do u knw her? undecided

I don't know her oo, does she sell apple? grin
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Rilwayne001: 10:38am On Apr 24, 2015
tintingz:
Lol, tuwo is nice na but my Hausa babe must know how to prepare Eba with garri ijebu. grin

grin grin I doubt if they can prepare eba with normal garri, not to even talk of ijebu garri. You sabi "fura de nunu"?
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Rilwayne001: 10:38am On Apr 24, 2015
Haywhymido:
op which kind of hausa una dey speak 4 ur state??

We dont speak hausa here, we speak yoruba. I sabi hausa small small though .
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Caseless: 10:56am On Apr 24, 2015
Rilwayne001:

dont go near her apple, just go there, learn hausa and leave grin grin
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by jomoh: 11:05am On Apr 24, 2015
Joe82834:

Very true.reason y I said its a Nigerian problem.when I also viewed d thread about d Igbo dialects,I saw comments saying Igbos are copying yorubas and the Yoruba's lead n odas follow. And now am seeing this too from an Igbo abt d Hausa thread.it's really a bad thing to do n I think it has to do with ppls mindset. Am not Yoruba but I enjoyed d piece on Yoruba dialect n also enjoyed DAT on Igbo dialect(am Igbo).really was looking to see a thread on Hausa dialects too n now its here.and u know y I enjoyed them? Its cos I see each as educational piece of work.but lots of Nigerians see things from an angle of competition. Just hoping things will get better sha. I don tire to dey see e-war and online bravado

Thanks for this. I hope every Nigerian can be like this.
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by tintingz(m): 12:06pm On Apr 24, 2015
Rilwayne001:

grin grin I doubt if they can prepare eba with normal garri, not to even talk of ijebu garri. You sabi "fura de nunu"?
Lol, i will advice her to go learn how to prepare Eba, amala, fufu.

I sabi fura-nunu na.
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Rilwayne001: 12:13pm On Apr 24, 2015
Caseless:
dont go near her apple, just go there, learn hausa and leave grin grin

Lolz grin grin
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Rilwayne001: 12:16pm On Apr 24, 2015
tintingz:
Lol, i will advice her to go learn how to prepare Eba, amala, fufu.

I sabi fura-nunu na.

Well, I wish you best of luck concerning your desire for hausa wife. grin grin They are good people.

1 Like

Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by bigfrancis21: 1:37pm On Apr 24, 2015
Wulfruna:

Okay, this tendency of yours to jump into topics you do not know jack about is becoming reeeally annoying. I'm beginning to understand why folks around here call you a bigot.

There are native Yoruba-speakers in THREE, not two West African countries: Nigeria, Benin and Togo.

Who the hell told you Yorubas in Benin are considered immigrants? You just pulled that out of your arse, didn't you?

Ketu and Sabe, are two of the oldest precolonial Yoruba kingdoms and subgroups, tracing their crowns directly to Oduduwa. They are both in present-day Benin. They had already been long established there before the Europeans ever visited West Africa.

So much for immigrants and settlers.

Aunty, I have proof. I didn't just pull what I said out of anywhere. If you wanted proof you should have simply asked and I'll give it to you.

Yoruba, as we know it, is natively spoken in Nigeria and Benin. Sorry to burst lies that has been paraded often such that it is believed to be true. Yorubas in Togo are immigrants from Nigeria. Emmanuel Adebayor is a Togolese-Yoruba immigrant whose parents are from Nigeria who still visit Nigeria often. That he has Togolese citizenship and plays in their national team doesn't make Yorubas 'natives' of Togo.

1 Like

Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Wulfruna(f): 2:20pm On Apr 24, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Aunty, I have proof. I didn't just pull what I said out of anywhere. If you wanted proof you should have simply asked and I'll give it to you.

Yoruba, as we know it, is natively spoken in Nigeria and Benin. Sorry to burst lies that has been paraded often such that it is believed to be true. Yorubas in Togo are immigrants from Nigeria. Emmanuel Adebayor is a Togolese-Yoruba immigrant whose parents are from Nigeria who still visit Nigeria often. That he has Togolese citizenship and plays in their national team doesn't make Yorubas 'natives' of Togo.

Again, you've exhibited lack of knowledge of the subject matter. Who is talking of Emmanuel Adebayor? Did you see me type anything here about Emmanuel Adebayor. That he is Togolese of Nigerian descent does not mean Togo has no indigenous Yoruba groups.

You have good Internet, yes? Good. Look up the Áná and the Isà (or Itsa) sub-groups of the Yoruba, then come back here and tell me in which countries they are found.

Your understanding of anything outside your own Igbo people is so so shallow.

3 Likes

Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 24, 2015
Wulfruna:

Okay, this tendency of yours to jump into topics you do not know jack about is becoming reeeally annoying. I'm beginning to understand why folks around here call you a bigot.

There are native Yoruba-speakers in THREE, not two West African countries: Nigeria, Benin and Togo.

Who the hell told you Yorubas in Benin are considered immigrants? You just pulled that out of your arse, didn't you?

Ketu and Sabe, are two of the oldest precolonial Yoruba kingdoms and subgroups, tracing their crowns directly to Oduduwa. They are both in present-day Benin. They had already been long established there before the Europeans ever visited West Africa.

So much for immigrants and settlers.

Sis, you really should not have wasted your energy and intellect on that thing.

When I saw his mention, I began to type a rebuttal but I realized he is an obligated anti-Yoruba who would twist and turn in the face of fact so I decided to fall back and let his bigotry chew him up.

Eitherways, you wrote a very apposite response.

1 Like

Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 24, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Here:

https://bop.unibe.ch/linguistik-online/article/viewFile/411/653

Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by AfricanApple(f): 4:27pm On Apr 24, 2015
Rilwayne001:

undecided undecided undecided
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Fulaman198(m): 4:52pm On Apr 24, 2015
EzioAuditore:

That's because the people of Adamawa are not hausas, every non-hausa has his weird personal dialect no matter how hard they try to sound fluent, it always shows. Maybe that's why the people of Adamawa all had different dialects to you.

That's because we are Fulani not Hausa lol. We speak Fulfulde, not Hausa
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Fulaman198(m): 4:52pm On Apr 24, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Fura da nunu is not Hausa in Origin, it's Fulani. The phrase itself is in Hausa, but it's called Kossam e lacciri in Fulfulde.
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Rilwayne001: 4:56pm On Apr 24, 2015
Fulaman198:

Fura da nunu is not Hausa in Origin, it's Fulani. The phrase itself is in Hausa, but it's called Kossam e lacciri in Fulfulde.

Okay Sire
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by kaliyu97(m): 4:57pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ku2 mamaki face
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 24, 2015
Fulaman198:

That's because we are Fulani not Hausa lol. We speak Fulfulde, not Hausa

Exactly what I said. Although I have never met a Fulani person who doesn't at least speak a few words of hausa, the reverse case is quite rare though.
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by bigfrancis21: 1:54am On Apr 25, 2015
Wulfruna:

Again, you've exhibited lack of knowledge of the subject matter. Who is talking of Emmanuel Adebayor? Did you see me type anything here about Emmanuel Adebayor. That he is Togolese of Nigerian descent does not mean Togo has no indigenous Yoruba groups.

You have good Internet, yes? Good. Look up the Áná and the Isà (or Itsa) sub-groups of the Yoruba, then come back here and tell me in which countries they are found.

Your understanding of anything outside your own Igbo people is so so shallow.

Your understanding of issues before jumping into them and hyperventilating is quite pathetic. Been busy since morning. I just had your time now.

I used Emmanuel Adebayor as an example to buttess my point of Yoruba migrants in Togo who have Togoloese citizenship, who many people erroneously claim as Togolese native. His parents visit their home town in Nigeria steadily.

Now, don't tell me what I don't know already. You think I don't know about the Ana or Ife in Togo? The Yorubas in Benin are considered migrants to Benin who, after several centuries, have adopted Benin as their home. However, they are still immigrants.

Please educate yourself below:

The majority of Benin's population lives in the south. The population is young, with a life expectancy of 59 years. About 42 African ethnic groups live in this country; these various groups settled in Benin at different times and also migrated within the country. Ethnic groups include the Yoruba in the southeast (migrated from Nigeria in the 12th century); the Dendi in the north-central area (who came from Mali in the 16th century); the Bariba and the Fula (French: Peul or Peulh; Fula: Fulɓe) in the northeast; the Betammaribe and the Somba in the Atacora Range; the Fon in the area around Abomey in the South Central and the Mina, Xueda, and Aja (who came from Togo) on the coast.

Demographics of Benin republic

The population of Benin is 99% African. However, although several of the larger groups in southern Benin are culturally and socially closely related, Benin is not ethnically or linguistically homogeneous, and there is a particularly marked division between the peoples of the south and those of the north. The largest ethnic group is that of the Fon or Dahomeyans (about 25%), the closely related Adja (about 6%), and the Aizo (about 5%), who live in the south of the country and are predominantly farmers. The Goun (about 11%), who are related to the Adja, are concentrated around Porto-Novo. The Bariba (about 12%) are the dominant people in northern Benin. The Yoruba (more than 12%), essentially a farming people, came from Nigeria and are settled along the eastern boundary of the country. In the northeast, the Somba (more than 4%) subdivide into a number of distinct groups. The Fulani (about 6%), traditionally nomadic herders, gradually are becoming sedentary. Other groups include the Holli, the Dendi, and the Pilapila (or Yowa). The remaining 1% of the population is largely European, numbering about 5,500 in 1998.

http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/Africa/Benin-ETHNIC-GROUPS.html

Yorubas in Benin are not considered proper natives as in the Fon or Adja, rather they are considered migrants who settled in Benin republic. This is exactly the point I made when I first made my statement. You could have simply asked me for proof.

Your problem was not understanding the proper meaning of 'migrants' before making your comments. Next time, before I begin hopping around aimlessly, I would seek to put my brain into use to read and understand a topic properly before jumping into it.

1 Like

Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Wulfruna(f): 2:48am On Apr 25, 2015
f
bigfrancis21:

Your understanding of issues before jumping into them and hyperventilating is quite pathetic. Been busy since morning. I just had your time now.

I used Emmanuel Adebayor as an example to buttess my point of Yoruba migrants in Togo who have Togoloese citizenship, who many people erroneously claim as Togolese native. His parents visit their home town in Nigeria steadily.

Now, don't tell me what I don't know already. You think I don't know about the Ana or Ife in Togo? The Yorubas in Benin are considered migrants to Benin who, after several centuries, have adopted Benin as their home. However, they are still immigrants.

Please educate yourself below:

http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/Africa/Benin-ETHNIC-GROUPS.html

Yorubas in Benin are not considered proper natives as in the Fon or Adja, rather they are considered migrants who settled in Benin republic. This is exactly the point I made when I first made my statement. You could have simply asked me for proof.

Your problem was not understanding the proper meaning of 'migrants' before making your comments. Next time, before I begin hopping around aimlessly, I would seek to put my brain into use to read and understand a topic properly before jumping into it.

I know this was going to be your line of argument. Now listen: Everyone is in a sense an immigrant, since no one grew out of the land that they now occupy, but got to it from somewhere. The Ashantis came from somewhere to the north and are said to have reached Ghana only in the 12th century. Are you going to say they are now immigrants, and not indigenous Ghanaians? What about the Ewes that believe they came from the Oyo area in Nigeria? They are immigrants in Ghana and Ivory Coast, rather than indigenes of these places?

The Yoruba believe their cradle is in Ife in Nigeria, so if you go far back enough in time, you could say the Yoruba groups everywhere else migrated from there.

But when you argue that they are Nigerian settlers, rather than indigenes and natives that is just wrong. These people arrived there long before there were countries called Benin and Togo. Long before there was a country called Nigeria. They never had Nigerian citizenship (as there was no Nigeria then), and thus describing them as 'Nigerian' immigrants is anachronistic and inaccurate.

They had occupied their present tribal homelands there and created their special sub-identities there long before anyone heard the names 'Togo' and 'Benin'. They have been part of the social, cultural and political life of Togo and Benin right from its beginning. Nobody, except Bigfrancis, describes them as Nigerian immigrants and settlers.

The word immigrant is only reserved for those who only arrived in such places during or after the Colonial era, like Adebayor's family. Not people whose ancestors have been there for centuries, like the Ana and the Isa.

By the way, the Adja have traditions that they descend from a Yoruba prince, Adimula from the Nigeria area. Guess by your logic they are also Nigerian settlers and not natives of Benin, huh?

And don't lie, you did not know about the Ana (Ife) and the Isà before now. If you did, you would have mentioned them, rather than talking about Adebayor's family. You thought every Yoruba in Togo were recent Nigerian immigrants like Adebayor's family. Admit it! Don't you dare lie!

1 Like

Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by bigfrancis21: 4:21am On Apr 25, 2015
Wulfruna:
f

I know this was going to be your line of argument. Now listen: Everyone is in a sense an immigrant, since no one grew out of the land that they now occupy, but got to it from somewhere. The Ashantis came from somewhere to the north and are said to have reached Ghana only in the 12th century. Are you going to say they are now immigrants, and not indigenous Ghanaians? What about the Ewes that believe they came from the Oyo area in Nigeria? They are immigrants in Ghana and Ivory Coast, rather than indigenes of these places?

The Yoruba believe their cradle is in Ife in Nigeria, so if you go far back enough in time, you could say the Yoruba groups everywhere else migrated from there.

But when you argue that they are Nigerian settlers, rather than indigenes and natives that is just wrong. These people arrived there long before there were countries called Benin and Togo. Long before there was a country called Nigeria. They never had Nigerian citizenship (as there was no Nigeria then), and thus describing them as 'Nigerian' immigrants is anachronistic and inaccurate.

They had occupied their present tribal homelands there and created their special sub-identities there long before anyone heard the names 'Togo' and 'Benin'. They have been part of the social, cultural and political life of Togo and Benin right from its beginning. Nobody, except Bigfrancis, describes them as Nigerian immigrants and settlers.

The word immigrant is only reserved for those who only arrived in such places during or after the Colonial era, like Adebayor's family. Not people whose ancestors have been there for centuries, like the Ana and the Isa.

By the way, the Adja have traditions that they descend from a Yoruba prince, Adimula from the Nigeria area. Guess by your logic they are also Nigerian settlers and not natives of Benin, huh?

And don't lie, you did not know about the Ana (Ife) and the Isà before now. If you did, you would have mentioned them, rather than talking about Adebayor's family. You thought every Yoruba in Togo were recent Nigerian immigrants like Adebayor's family. Admit it! Don't you dare lie!

@bold...you would never know what I know because you are not in my head. And you can't judge what I know based on a few lines you read on the internet. You don't even know me an inch. I have had this particular argument in the past before in 2013. Going through my posts of 2013 will prove this. I suppose you are an adult, and not a child, and expect some level of decent reasoning from you.

As for the issue of migrants, academic sources recognize that the Yorubas in Togo and Benin are migrants from Nigeria. Nigeria is their main dormot, from where they spread to other regions. Whether recent or early migrants, they are Nigerian immigrants in that sense. The whites of US today who claim natives are immigrants from Britain who settled in the US. We all know their origin - europe and we all know where they will go back to when the time comes. The whites may be 'natives' in America today, but they are immigrants and they recognize they are immigrants, US land originally belongs to the Red Indians. Same goes for the africaners of South Africa are descendants of dutch immigrants who settled in SA. They struggle for land with the black african natives as if they own the land, when they are only but mere immigrants.

I am only regurgitating what I have read from academic sources. If you have issues with accepting the fact that Yorubas are migrants in Benin and Togo, redirect your hyperventilation towards the academic sources that brought it forward. I don't expect to teach you common sense.
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Wulfruna(f): 5:14am On Apr 25, 2015
bigfrancis21:

@bold...you would never know what I know because you are not in my head. And you can't judge what I know based on a few lines you read on the internet. You don't even know me an inch. I have had this particular argument in the past before in 2013. Going through my posts of 2013 will prove this. I suppose you are an adult, and not a child, and expect some level of decent reasoning from you.

As for the issue of migrants, academic sources recognize that the Yorubas in Togo and Benin are migrants from Nigeria. Nigeria is their main dormot, from where they spread to other regions. Whether recent or early migrants, they are Nigerian immigrants in that sense. The whites of US today who claim natives are immigrants from Britain who settled in the US. We all know their origin - europe and we all know where they will go back to when the time comes. The whites may be 'natives' in America today, but they are immigrants and they recognize they are immigrants, US land originally belongs to the Red Indians.. Same goes for the africaners of South Africa are descendants of dutch immigrants who settled in SA. They struggle for land with the black african natives as if they own the land, when they are only but mere immigrants.

I am only regurgitating what I have read from academic sources. If you have issues with accepting the fact that Yorubas are migrants in Benin and Togo, redirect your hyperventilation towards the academic sources that brought it forward. I don't expect to teach you common sense.

I will say this one more time, Everyone is an immigrant in the sense you are using it in these your counter arguments. Red Indians (who you used in your example) immigrated from the Asian Mainland and crossed the Bering Strait to reach America. Black South Africans (who you also used in your example) came from the interior of Africa. As Bantu people their origin ultimately lies in the Nigeria/Cameroun boundary area. When they reached South Africa, there were already people settled there - the tawny-complexioned diminutive Khoisan peoples. Hey, guess what? Black South Africans are Nigerian and Cameroonian immigrants, according to Bigfrancis logic! grin

We do not call them (Black South Africans and Red Indians) immigrants today because they had fully established themselves in their respective present-day homelands long before modern times. They had gained territories of their own and were not, technically speaking, tenants or squatters on land that legitimately belongs to other groups.

It is the same with the Sabe, Ketu, Anago, Idaisa, Isa, Ana (Ife) etc Yoruba subgroups. They were already established in Benin and Togo before modern times, and the territory they occupy is their ancestral land, and do not legitimately belong to any non-Yoruba groups.

They can only be considered immigrants in the sense that every other Togolese and Beninois ethnic groups are immigrants, having ultimately come at some ancient period in history from somewhere else. There is nothing different about how the Ewe and the Mina, for example, came from outside Togo and settled there between the 11th and 16th centuries, and how the Ana and the Isa also came from outside Togo and settled there also within the same time frame. Yet you want to brand the latter groups immigrants, and not the former. Really? LOL.

This is simple enough, but being who you are (Bigfrancis), I expect you to come back with more grappling-at-straws kind of rebuttals. Biko, go back to your Igbo threads.
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by bigfrancis21: 8:10am On Apr 25, 2015
Wulfruna:

I will say this one more time, Everyone is an immigrant in the sense you are using it in these your counter arguments. Red Indians (who you used in your example) immigrated from the Asian Mainland and crossed the Bering Strait to reach America. Black South Africans (who you also used in your example) came from the interior of Africa. As Bantu people their origin ultimately lies in the Nigeria/Cameroun boundary area. When they reached South Africa, there were already people settled there - the tawny-complexioned diminutive Khoisan peoples. Hey, guess what? Black South Africans are Nigerian and Cameroonian immigrants, according to Bigfrancis logic! grin

We do not call them (Black South Africans and Red Indians) immigrants today because they had fully established themselves in their respective present-day homelands long before modern times. They had gained territories of their own and were not, technically speaking, tenants or squatters on land that legitimately belongs to other groups.

It is the same with the Sabe, Ketu, Anago, Idaisa, Isa, Ana (Ife) etc Yoruba subgroups. They were already established in Benin and Togo before modern times, and the territory they occupy is their ancestral land, and do not legitimately belong to any non-Yoruba groups.

They can only be considered immigrants in the sense that every other Togolese and Beninois ethnic groups are immigrants, having ultimately come at some ancient period in history from somewhere else. There is nothing different about how the Ewe and the Mina, for example, came from outside Togo and settled there between the 11th and 16th centuries, and how the Ana and the Isa also came from outside Togo and settled there also within the same time frame. Yet you want to brand the latter groups immigrants, and not the former. Really? LOL.

This is simple enough, but being who you are (Bigfrancis), I expect you to come back with more grappling-at-straws kind of rebuttals. Biko, go back to your Igbo threads.

You've got terribly thick skull to apprehend simple comprehension. smiley

The Khoisan peoples are the true natives of SA, who are still found in SA today, as well as in Botswana and elsewhere.

If by now you still cannot comprehend the simple theory of migration and immigrants, I'm sorry you just still won't. You're just wasting your time blabbering away.

'I will say this one more time, Everyone is an immigrant in the sense you are using it in these your counter arguments.'. Bia nwanyi a, I makwa ife I na-ako? undecided How can you say everyone is immigrant yet you don't know that some peoples have never been immigrant? Are you implying that everyone on earth has been traversing the world in an emery-go-round fashion since 3000BC? Seriously? Aunty, are you even listening to yourself? undecided Listen, not every group on earth migrated. Igbos, Bamilekes, Ejaghams etc who are proto-bantus, originated in their area and migrated to nowhere. As an example, the Igbo presence in Igboland has been dated to some long time ago. Being proto-bantus, majority Igbos are not settlers in their land, albeit save for some clans that might have had ancestors migrating from somewhere else. If Igbos had migrated in the 14th century to Morocco, settled there and became 'natives', they ARE still immigrants till today, because they left their source and migrated to somewhere else.

One minute you're claiming everyone is 'immigrant', next minute you're saying Yorubas in Togo and Benin are not the same 'immigrants'? Where's your mental capacity for articulation and coherence?
undecided Ubulu gi o buzi nke okuko? undecided

Whites are immigrant settlers in US who on arrival fought with the natives who were already settlers and pushed majority southwards into South America and settled on their land. However, these people have a source = England. Same goes for the Africaners who outsourced themselves from the Dutch-speaking area. Yoruba migrants from Ife moved and settled in Togo and Benin and are simply immigrants, just as the English in America or Dutch in SA. Academic sources acknowledge this fact. Why are you hyperventilating over a known academic fact? undecided

Of course, bantus who settled anywhere are Nigerian/cameroonian immigrants by today's standards, having originated from that axis. You don't even need to get to primary 3 to know that. It's simple logic.

Anyway, I'm a fanatic of Igbo related issues. Anything you want to know, I'll gladly educate you. wink

Ka o dizia ka anyi a kparo.
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Wulfruna(f): 8:55am On Apr 25, 2015
bigfrancis21:

You've got terribly thick skull to apprehend simple comprehension. smiley

The Khoisan peoples are the true natives of SA, who are still found in SA today, as well as in Botswana and elsewhere.

If by now you still cannot comprehend the simple theory of migration and immigrants, I'm sorry you just still won't. You're just wasting your time blabbering away.

'I will say this one more time, Everyone is an immigrant in the sense you are using it in these your counter arguments.'. Bia nwanyi a, I makwa ife I na-ako? undecided How can you say everyone is immigrant yet you don't know that some peoples have never been immigrant? Are you implying that everyone on earth has been traversing the world in an emery-go-round fashion since 3000BC? Seriously? Aunty, are you even listening to yourself? undecided Listen, not every group on earth migrated. Igbos, Bamilekes, Ejaghams etc who are proto-bantus, originated in their area and migrated to nowhere. As an example, the Igbo presence in Igboland has been dated to some long time ago. Being proto-bantus, majority Igbos are not settlers in their land, albeit save for some clans that might have had ancestors migrating from somewhere else. If Igbos had migrated in the 14th century to Morocco, settled there and became 'natives', they ARE still immigrants till today, because they left their source and migrated to somewhere else.

One minute you're claiming everyone is 'immigrant', next minute you're saying Yorubas in Togo and Benin are not the same 'immigrants'? Where's your mental capacity for articulation and coherence?
undecided Ubulu gi o buzi nke okuko? undecided

Whites are immigrant settlers in US who on arrival fought with the natives who were already settlers and pushed majority southwards into South America and settled on their land. However, these people have a source = England. Same goes for the Africaners who outsourced themselves from the Dutch-speaking area. Yoruba migrants from Ife moved and settled in Togo and Benin and are simply immigrants, just as the English in America or Dutch in SA. Academic sources acknowledge this fact. Why are you hyperventilating over a known academic fact? undecided

Of course, bantus who settled anywhere are Nigerian/cameroonian immigrants by today's standards, having originated from that axis. You don't even need to get to primary 3 to know that. It's simple logic.

Anyway, I'm a fanatic of Igbo related issues. Anything you want to know, I'll gladly educate you. wink

Ka o dizia ka anyi a kparo.

You really are not smart. The distinction between literal immigrants (which is basically everybody) and common-parlance immigrants which I tried to make, completely flew over your head, didn't it? Don't worry, I am not surprised. You are not half as intelligent as you imagine.

Anyway, genetic evidence ties West Africans to East Africa, generally accepted as the oldest home of modern humans, and where the earliest remains have been found.

I conclude then that Igbos ( who are West Africans) are East African immigrants. cool

Everybody is an immigrant if you go far back enough into their past. But people who settled where they are now far back enough in time and who have established for themselves an identity in their abode tied to the land they've occupied for centuries are NOT generally referred to as immigrants there. Why does this have to be repeated over and over for you? The Yoruba-speaking Togolese are immigrants in Togo only in the sense that every other Togolese is an immigrant.

And ka m gwa gi nke bu eziokwu o nwero anything I ma about Igbo history. O kwa ife a I na-edetoghali na this culture section? Onye guo one or two articles na Internet o chee na e nwe Ife o ma. I have a BSc and a Masters in African history. Hope to go ahead and do a PhD in it, maybe next year. I know more about your Igbo people than you can ever know by looking up poorly written stuff on the internet.

You didn't think I spoke your language, did you?

1 Like

Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 29, 2015
bigfrancis21:

As for the issue of migrants, academic sources recognize that the Yorubas in Togo and Benin are migrants from Nigeria. Nigeria is their main dormot, from where they spread to other regions. Whether recent or early migrants, they are Nigerian immigrants in that sense. The whites of US today who claim natives are immigrants from Britain who settled in the US. We all know their origin - europe and we all know where they will go back to when the time comes. The whites may be 'natives' in America today, but they are immigrants and they recognize they are immigrants, US land originally belongs to the Red Indians. Same goes for the africaners of South Africa are descendants of dutch immigrants who settled in SA. They struggle for land with the black african natives as if they own the land, when they are only but mere immigrants.

@bigfrancis good day bro, please I will like to ask you some questions/guidance as regards to u.s travel and stuff. please can I have your email address so that I can contact you through your box?
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by bigfrancis21: 6:11pm On Apr 29, 2015
icedbeatz:

@bigfrancis good day bro, please I will like to ask you some questions/guidance as regards to u.s travel and stuff. please can I have your email address so that I can contact you through your box?

Sure you can. Visit my profile and shoot me an email. I'll respond.
Re: List Of Hausa Dialect by Mapletraks: 4:32am On May 01, 2015
bigfrancis21:

^^^^^^^^
@bigfrancis

Yorubaland extends into Benin Rep. and Togo.
Indigenous Yorubas of Togo are known as the Ifes who occupy the Atakpame Province. Emmanuel Seyi Adebayors parents are NOT indigenous Yoruba Togolese but are Yoruba Nigerian traders who settled in Togo.

Yoruba Benenoise can be found in several
towns in that country: Porto Novo is a Yoruba town with a Yoruba name called Ajase. The Yoruba kingdom of Ketu in Benin Rep. is another.

It was the colonialists that balkanised the Yoruba into 3 countries - just like they divided Hausas, Kanuris, Ekois of Akwa Ibom into 2 different countries sharing the same international boundaries.

To correct the FALSE info you gave above, the Yorubas who are indegenous to Benin Rep. and Togo are NOT Nigerian Yorubas who migrated to
Togo or Benin, they are on Yorubaland in those countries as a result of the spread of the Oyo Empire.

Enough said.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cobbler Returns Painter's Lost N200k, Says "I Do Am For Allah" / Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? / Aare Adetola Emmanuel King Celebrates His Birthday Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.