Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) (60412 Views)

Diezani Funny Memes Trends On Twitter - See How Nigerians React (photos) / Mujahidat Daba Dokubo Reacts To Gen. Danjuma's Call To Arrest Asari Dokubo / Mujahidat, Asari Dokubo's Wife Just Posted This On Facebook... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) by iphanyiuma(m): 2:02pm On Apr 27, 2015
apholaryn:
lol..e don do..how are you today?
am fine sir how u too
Re: See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) by Maghan37: 2:47pm On Apr 27, 2015
Omo this new movie wey den go relase till 2015 go make sense ohhhh!!!Superman(buhari) vs fadeyi Oloro(Asari) who go win
?=Sai Buhari. Asari's favourite club must be dundee Utd because they have things in common. grin grin grin
Re: See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) by BraniacX(m): 4:44pm On Apr 27, 2015
lexy2014:
b4 d advent of oil how did nigeria pursue its agricultural policy and was d country successful then?

What was the population then? And what is the population now? Also go and figure out the ramifications the absence of oil money will have on our economic indices like GDP among others

Let me give you a clue
Remember the massive infrastructural development that heralded the 70's? The so-called good old days you're so nostalgic about? What funded it?
Who is the biggest employer in Nigeria today and what is the size of its workforce? Are revenues accrued from cocoa, oilpalm, groundnut, rubber exports going to pay their salaries alone talkless of other renumerations or even capital projects?
Are you now in touch with reality now? Or do you need more clues? undecided

2 Likes

Re: See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) by lexy2014: 5:15pm On Apr 27, 2015
BraniacX:

What was the population then? And what is the population now? Also go and figure out the ramifications the absence of oil money will have on our economic indices like GDP among others

Let me give you a clue
Remember the massive infrastructural development that heralded the 70's? The so-called good old days you're so nostalgic about? What funded it?
Who is the biggest employer in Nigeria today and what is the size of its workforce? Are revenues accrued from cocoa, oilpalm, groundnut, rubber exports going to pay their salaries alone talkless of other renumerations or even capital projects?
Bros I think my question(s) was straight forward enough. I didn't ask u about population then and now or about infrastructural devt of the 70's. I didn't ask u if oil is a better revenue earner compared †☺ agriculture. I asked how did previous nigerian govts survive with agriculture b4 d advent of oil? So sir yes, I need more clues cos u didn't even scratch d surface
Re: See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) by BraniacX(m): 5:25pm On Apr 27, 2015
lexy2014:
Bros I think my question(s) was straight forward enough. I didn't ask u about population then and now or about infrastructural devt of the 70's. I didn't ask u if oil is a better revenue earner compared †☺ agriculture. I asked how did previous nigerian govts survive with agriculture b4 d advent of oil? So sir yes, I need more clues cos u didn't even scratch d surface

And I gave you a straightforward answer
Its a pity you don't seem to understand so in very few words let me elucidate
The previous Nigerian government back then survived without oil in that Nigeria back then, no modern or current day Nigerian government would survive without oil revenue now, not unless you whip out of thin air another revenue source to provide at least $30billion annually, I hope my answer is clear enough

1 Like

Re: See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) by lexy2014: 5:39pm On Apr 27, 2015
BraniacX:

And I gave you a straightforward answer
Its a pity you don't seem to understand so in very few words let me elucidate
The previous Nigerian government back then survived without oil in that Nigeria back then, no modern or current day Nigerian government would survive without oil revenue now, not unless you whip out of thin air another revenue source to provide at least $30billion annually, I hope my answer is clear enough
Sir I disagree again. When I asked HOW I was xpecting u †☺ tell me what they did back then †☺ survive not d circumstances (like low population e.t.c.) Under which they survived. Or did d govts then not make any deliberate effort †☺ keep d country going despite their meagre resources?
Re: See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) by Bflexing(m): 6:50pm On Apr 27, 2015
Overfeed monkey
Re: See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) by miracle11: 7:06pm On Apr 27, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
oil exploration will resume in chad and start in Lagos, u will realise how unimportant u are.

The truth of the matter is this, blow pipes...as foolish as u are, na ur land u dey pollute grin grin
dreeeeeeeaaaaam, dream dream dreeeeam. Barren lands oh ye yoruba lands. Pathetic noise makers leaning on d north for achievement and recognition.
Re: See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) by dannie04: 8:07pm On Apr 27, 2015
mulattoclaro:
dude shut up. Internally generated revenue alone in edo state is worth of 50 billion naira. What do you know?
Thanks for your response, tells me more about your personality
Re: See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) by Nobody: 12:27am On Apr 28, 2015
BraniacX:

Let me give you a clue

Hmmm, a touch of sense but only slightly. You need to open jour mind to what z called creativity and innovation. Now u talk as tho, without oil money nig would b a forgotten country long perished in poverty, but u r wrong. Nig as a Country wit everything been inqual esp corruption free, dnt need oil to survive. It seems u r not aware of aw richly endowed nig is, From human, agricultural n natural resources. You need to make some researches b4 u think nig as "no Nile no Egypt". However, am not by any means undermining d imp of oil but nig will better survive without it.
Re: See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) by BraniacX(m): 7:15am On Apr 28, 2015
emiflex:

Hmmm, a touch of sense but only slightly. You need to open jour mind to what z called creativity and innovation. Now u talk as tho, without oil money nig would b a forgotten country long perished in poverty, but u r wrong. Nig as a Country wit everything been inqual esp corruption free, dnt need oil to survive. It seems u r not aware of aw richly endowed nig is, From human, agricultural n natural resources. You need to make some researches b4 u think nig as "no Nile no Egypt". However, am not by any means undermining d imp of oil but nig will better survive without it.

Thanks my guy but in this current global capitalist village, what will pay for the innovation and human resources? Or do you think your most brilliant technocrats are still in Nigeria? Are you arguing that innovation and creativity would flourish in the absence of finances to expose and expand them? Or don't you know how the buisness world works? How many americans do you think are at the forefront of research and innovation in America? Why do you think scientists from russia, iran, Nigeria and the whole world troop there? Accepted that countries like Japan, the U.K, germany, france can still keep their scientists but that is because they also have that spending power too so do you now agree with me that the country with the best spending power attracts them like nectar to honey bees

And also its true........no nile no egypt
That you don't agree with this fact is your own prerogative

1 Like

Re: See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) by BraniacX(m): 7:28am On Apr 28, 2015
lexy2014:
Sir I disagree again. When I asked HOW I was xpecting u †☺ tell me what they did back then †☺ survive not d circumstances (like low population e.t.c.) Under which they survived. Or did d govts then not make any deliberate effort †☺ keep d country going despite their meagre resources?

And there you get it very wrong again undecided

Hasn't it yet occurred to you throughout our conversation that events and actions are determined by the prevailing circumstances? I am trying to tell you that the circumstances which you're casually trying to gloss over actually determine everything e.g buhari promised to pay 20million poor Nigerians N5,000 every month, do you think he would have made that promise in an agrarian state? Or is Aregbesola's plan to scrap feeding of school children not prevaricated by the reality that while it was a laudable campaign agenda, his state can't cope with the actual cost of doing so?
Don't tell me circumstances are irrelevant
Re: See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) by lexy2014: 8:53am On Apr 28, 2015
BraniacX:

And there you get it very wrong again undecided

Hasn't it yet occurred to you throughout our conversation that events and actions are determined by the prevailing circumstances? I am trying to tell you that the circumstances which you're casually trying to gloss over actually determine everything e.g buhari promised to pay 20million poor Nigerians N5,000 every month, do you think he would have made that promise in an agrarian state? Or is Aregbesola's plan to scrap feeding of school children not prevaricated by the reality that while it was a laudable campaign agenda, his state can't cope with the actual cost of doing so?
Don't tell me circumstances are irrelevant
there will always b circumstances favourable or otherwise. D question still remains what did they do about them or do u think it was all rosy back then? I didn't ask 4a comparative analysis of then and now. How did they survive or achieve whatever little success they achieved? Am asking fƠ̴̴̴̴͡я̲̅ d HOW u are talking of d WHAT
Re: See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 28, 2015
BraniacX:

Thanks my guy but in this current global capitalist village, what will pay for the innovation and human resources? Or do you think your most brilliant technocrats are still in Nigeria? Are you arguing that innovation and creativity would flourish in the absence of finances to expose and expand them? Or don't you know how the buisness world works? How many americans do you think are at the forefront of research and innovation in America? Why do you think scientists from russia, iran, Nigeria and the whole world troop there? Accepted that countries like Japan, the U.K, germany, france can still keep their scientists but that is because they also have that spending power too so do you now agree with me that the country with the best spending power attracts them like nectar to honey bees

And also its true........no nile no egypt
That you don't agree with this fact is your own prerogative

You keep sounding like you don't know the implication of crude oil to nig governance. Let me remind you dat competition z d key for progressive innovation and creativity. The main reason nig thrive beta b4 oil discovery was bcuz of competition most especially. There was competition among the regions. Each of them utilize well what they had to develop their region bcuz non wanted to b left behind. Mind you that then, most of diz resources we r talking abt were yet not discovered. Nig depended mainly on agriculture to survive. Now together with good agricultural sys n more natural resources been discovered excluding oil, u think nig wnt survive? Look, d truth z oil money has made nig gov lazy, nobody want to use d litu allocation given to her state to develop any industry dat d gov will come claiming n share to d rest states, rada dey Jux collect d oil money, make litu or no investment, pay salaries etc n wait for next month pay. I can go on n on but I Jux need to stop here. IMO oil has done more harm to nig Dan good, n its d main reason for our shallow thinking n backwardness.
Re: See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) by BraniacX(m): 1:29pm On Apr 28, 2015
emiflex:

You keep sounding like you don't know the implication of crude oil to nig governance. Let me remind you dat competition z d key for progressive innovation and creativity. The main reason nig thrive beta b4 oil discovery was bcuz of competition most especially. There was competition among the regions. Each of them utilize well what they had to develop their region bcuz non wanted to b left behind. Mind you that then, most of diz resources we r talking abt were yet not discovered. Nig depended mainly on agriculture to survive. Now together with good agricultural sys n more natural resources been discovered excluding oil, u think nig wnt survive? Look, d truth z oil money has made nig gov lazy, nobody want to use d litu allocation given to her state to develop any industry dat d gov will come claiming n share to d rest states, rada dey Jux collect d oil money, make litu or no investment, pay salaries etc n wait for next month pay. I can go on n on but I Jux need to stop here. IMO oil has done more harm to nig Dan good, n its d main reason for our shallow thinking n backwardness.

My dear guy, please educate me.........................how have the states without oil been faring if possibly you could deduct what they receive from the federal allocation from them?

Idealism is one thing, reality is a different kettle of fish entirely
Re: See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) by BraniacX(m): 1:36pm On Apr 28, 2015
lexy2014:
there will always b circumstances favourable or otherwise. D question still remains what did they do about them or do u think it was all rosy back then? I didn't ask 4a comparative analysis of then and now. How did they survive or achieve whatever little success they achieved? Am asking fƠ̴̴̴̴͡я̲̅ d HOW u are talking of d WHAT

You didn't ask for a comparative analysis but you get it nonetheless, and yes there were circumstances favourable and otherwise back then too but tell me, what decade are you talking about and what success did they achieve back then? What made them more successful than we are or weren't there poor people and people without resources, amenities back then?
Re: See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) by lexy2014: 3:01pm On Apr 28, 2015
BraniacX:

You didn't ask for a comparative analysis but you get it nonetheless, and yes there were circumstances favourable and otherwise back then too but tell me, what decade are you talking about and what success did they achieve back then? What made them more successful than we are or weren't there poor people and people without resources, amenities back then?
if I needed a comparative analysis I would have asked fƠ̴̴̴̴͡я̲̅ it. D reason u weren't able answer my question with a point blank answer is cos folks like u still feel that d economic success of nigeria is a function of what we have in d ground. What determines a nations economic success isn't how much they have in d ground, its how much they have in their head.2 nations come †☺ mind, Germany and Japan(I no u will say they are much older than nigeria). They have every reason not 2b developed by reason of d monumental losses(human, financial,political and infrastructural,technological e.t.c.) they incurred during WW2. This coupled with d fact that they aren't oil producing nations and they have little or nothing in d ground. So how did they get WЂε̲̣̣̣̥я̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ they are today? With all our oil can nigeria compare with them in anyway? They used what they have in their head. Coming back home †☺ answer your questions, yes there has been more monEy †☺ spend cos of oil that's y Gowon once said as head of state we have so much money we don't no what †☺ spend it on. D oil came with money(late 60s/ early 70s) but it also came with mismanagement hence we started seeing inflation 4d first time, massive corruption leading †☺ greater inequality, poverty, neglect of several areas of public life,environmental degradation of ND, d do or die attitude †☺ get into power cos of d juice and now d oil is ours and ours alone mentality. B4 d advent of oil yes there was poverty I don't no what percentage. When I remember d stories from my dad and my lecturers of how nigeria was compared †☺ now, I will say yes they were more successful back then. When I read history books and accounts of people who formed d history of nigeria I say yes they were more successful back then even with their agriculture. Success isn't just measured in terms of how much money nigeria makes from oil everyday but also in terms of how that money has brought peace and prosperity †☺ d lives of d people of nigeria. Did they have better peace and prosperity with groundnut, cocoa and palm oil? Yes sir they did. Did they go †☺ better public schools? Was access †☺ medical care better?was there lesser inequality? Employment fƠ̴̴̴̴͡я̲̅ graduates? They didn't have as much as we have now neither were they as technologically advanced but they were better managers d economy then than we are now. Income has increased many times more cos of oil(so has knowledge), things ought †☺ b much better now
Re: See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) by BraniacX(m): 6:18pm On Apr 29, 2015
lexy2014:
if I needed a comparative analysis I would have asked fƠ̴̴̴̴͡я̲̅ it. D reason u weren't able answer my question with a point blank answer is cos folks like u still feel that d economic success of nigeria is a function of what we have in d ground. What determines a nations economic success isn't how much they have in d ground, its how much they have in their head.2 nations come †☺ mind, Germany and Japan(I no u will say they are much older than nigeria). They have every reason not 2b developed by reason of d monumental losses(human, financial,political and infrastructural,technological e.t.c.) they incurred during WW2. This coupled with d fact that they aren't oil producing nations and they have little or nothing in d ground. So how did they get WЂε̲̣̣̣̥я̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ they are today? With all our oil can nigeria compare with them in anyway? They used what they have in their head. Coming back home †☺ answer your questions, yes there has been more monEy †☺ spend cos of oil that's y Gowon once said as head of state we have so much money we don't no what †☺ spend it on. D oil came with money(late 60s/ early 70s) but it also came with mismanagement hence we started seeing inflation 4d first time, massive corruption leading †☺ greater inequality, poverty, neglect of several areas of public life,environmental degradation of ND, d do or die attitude †☺ get into power cos of d juice and now d oil is ours and ours alone mentality. B4 d advent of oil yes there was poverty I don't no what percentage. When I remember d stories from my dad and my lecturers of how nigeria was compared †☺ now, I will say yes they were more successful back then. When I read history books and accounts of people who formed d history of nigeria I say yes they were more successful back then even with their agriculture. Success isn't just measured in terms of how much money nigeria makes from oil everyday but also in terms of how that money has brought peace and prosperity †☺ d lives of d people of nigeria. Did they have better peace and prosperity with groundnut, cocoa and palm oil? Yes sir they did. Did they go †☺ better public schools? Was access †☺ medical care better?was there lesser inequality? Employment fƠ̴̴̴̴͡я̲̅ graduates? They didn't have as much as we have now neither were they as technologically advanced but they were better managers d economy then than we are now. Income has increased many times more cos of oil(so has knowledge), things ought †☺ b much better now

The stories you heard from your dad and your lecturers can be aptly described by one word "nostalgia" that word blunts the force of painful blows over time and dulls the edge of pain felt over time and yes I put it to you that Nigeria became more prosperous and better of after the discovery of oil but that is not to say I disagree with your analysis
And about innovation and human resources being the most reliable driving factor behind "sustainable" economic development, I agree with you but I also want to emphasise again that in this global economic village we live in, even that innovation and the best manpower go to the highest bidders which Nigeria isn't even among even with our oil money so tell me, without this oil money, what use will having some of the best technocrats and innovators be to our country and economy? Or are you still living in the utopia where people do things solely out of patriotism and love of country? If you are please wake up!! undecided
Re: See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) by lexy2014: 7:17pm On Apr 29, 2015
BraniacX:

The stories you heard from your dad and your lecturers can be aptly described by one word "nostalgia" that word blunts the force of painful blows over time and dulls the edge of pain felt over time and yes I put it to you that Nigeria became more prosperous and better of after the discovery of oil but that is not to say I disagree with your analysis
And about innovation and human resources being the most reliable driving factor behind "sustainable" economic development, I agree with you but I also want to emphasise again that in this global economic village we live in, even that innovation and the best manpower go to the highest bidders which Nigeria isn't even among even with our oil money so tell me, without this oil money, what use will having some of the best technocrats and innovators be to our country and economy? Or are you still living in the utopia where people do things solely out of patriotism and love of country? If you are please wake up!! undecided
what I heard from my dad and lecturers isn't nostalgia its history. Every society has a past and knowledge of that past is passed on from generation †☺ generation that's y d Jews were able †☺ stay in exile 4 centuries and could still find their way back home. I am wide awake that's y its not about technocrats. if it was, nigeria would have been a member of G7 cos we got a lot of technocrats. U can never have d best manpower, u can only make d best of what u have. That's were patriotism comes in and that's d drive that sees d need 4 improvement 4 one's society. Its patriotism that preserves d products of innovation. Its patriotism that drives change, change not just 4 pecuniary gain but better livelihood. Its patriotism that sustains a country with a lean budget and resources and makes a country with a fat budget invest and not waste. Its patriotism that makes a nation look within and gives it d strength †☺ rise above of its challenges victorious. It is patriotism that makes a country relevant in d global economic village u mentioned. It isn't just about oil money. oil money doesn't guarantee prosperity. Its how that money changes lives that guarantees prosperity. Oil money is transient and fleeting. It isn't d terra firma. Its d people. Oil or no oil, its d people: U and ME
Re: See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) by BraniacX(m): 7:05am On Apr 30, 2015
lexy2014:
what I heard from my dad and lecturers isn't nostalgia its history. Every society has a past and knowledge of that past is passed on from generation †☺ generation that's y d Jews were able †☺ stay in exile 4 centuries and could still find their way back home. I am wide awake that's y its not about technocrats. if it was, nigeria would have been a member of G7 cos we got a lot of technocrats. U can never have d best manpower, u can only make d best of what u have. That's were patriotism comes in and that's d drive that sees d need 4 improvement 4 one's society. Its patriotism that preserves d products of innovation. Its patriotism that drives change, change not just 4 pecuniary gain but better livelihood. Its patriotism that sustains a country with a lean budget and resources and makes a country with a fat budget invest and not waste. Its patriotism that makes a nation look within and gives it d strength †☺ rise above of its challenges victorious. It is patriotism that makes a country relevant in d global economic village u mentioned. It isn't just about oil money. oil money doesn't guarantee prosperity. Its how that money changes lives that guarantees prosperity. Oil money is transient and fleeting. It isn't d terra firma. Its d people. Oil or no oil, its d people: U and ME

If it were history my friend, it would be documented and impersonal and subject to proofreading and academic peer reviews, word of mouth falls under the category of folklores, tales, myths and legends and are not academically qualified as history. The jews had their history recorded in the books of kings and chronicles not mere word of mouth. And like I told you the best of what we have, the best of what any nation has is always up for sale at the international auction house to the highest bidder so if patriotism is the currency you intend trading with then you've already lost the bid at this auction house and am not saying this about Nigeria alone, am saying this about the world in general give or take a few North Korea's so my friend patriotism is highly overrated and is just a slogan bandied about mostly by politicians and motivational speakers, the world we live in today is about self actualisation first, profit next and everything else behind or you won't see major U.S industries being shipped of to china to cut cost of production(mostly in wages and benefits). Money rules the world my friend, and if Nigeria can't afford to spend....................just forget it.
Re: See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) by lexy2014: 8:10am On Apr 30, 2015
BraniacX:

If it were history my friend, it would be documented and impersonal and subject to proofreading and academic peer reviews, word of mouth falls under the category of folklores, tales, myths and legends and are not academically qualified as history. The jews had their history recorded in the books of kings and chronicles not mere word of mouth. And like I told you the best of what we have, the best of what any nation has is always up for sale at the international auction house to the highest bidder so if patriotism is the currency you intend trading with then you've already lost the bid at this auction house and am not saying this about Nigeria alone, am saying this about the world in general give or take a few North Korea's so my friend patriotism is highly overrated and is just a slogan bandied about mostly by politicians and motivational speakers, the world we live in today is about self actualisation first, profit next and everything else behind or you won't see major U.S industries being shipped of to china to cut cost of production(mostly in wages and benefits). Money rules the world my friend, and if Nigeria can't afford to spend....................just forget it.
if u read my last two responses u will c WЂε̲̣̣̣̥я̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ I said I also read books, books confirming d veracity of d accounts handed down †☺ me by those older than me. History is history. whether it is verbal or written, it is history. If my dad tells me about how nigeria was in d 60s and my lecturers who never knew my dad give similar accounts, what do I need academic peer review 4? Or are u telling me that d history of every family and household in nigeria as handed down by older generations should b discountenanced because it hasn't been subjected †☺ your "academic peer review"? I didn't tell u that we have d best brains. In reality u can not have d best but U CAN MAKE D BEST OF WHAT U HAVE. Take yourself as a casestudy: did u go †☺ d best school? Do u have d best girlfriend in terms of xter and beauty? Do u live in d best neighbourhood? Have u driven d best car? Do u have d best job? Have u worn d best clothes? Have u lived in d best house? If your answer is no, does that mean u wouldn't enjoy yourself and make d best of what u have? If your answer is no, then what makes u think that Nigeria is going nowhere until it gets d best of everything? No one starts with d best of everything. It only seems so. D parable of d talents in d bible is an example. Its what u do with what u have that makes what u have d best. Everyone starts from somewhere going somewhere. As a nation, if we can't make sacrifices 4d common good we can't grow. That's y d US we always make reference †☺ is were it is today. Yes money rules d world but its men who control that money. In nigeria we don't control money, we waste and embezzle it. Money is good but as a nation (even as a man) if money is all u have got, in no time u will have nothing. Its unfortunate that cos we c d way people spend money in nigeria today, we have lost sight of those values that are really important, d values that create,sustain and preserve. U don't solve problems by just throwing money at problems because u have money. If your values are skewed then its down d drain
Re: See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) by lexy2014: 8:36am On Apr 30, 2015
BraniacX:

4d record, d reason y history is documented is 4d purpose of preservation and reference. Its very difficult †☺ preserve verbal history especially in its original form as a lot of details might get lost as it is being passed on. But with documentation, there's a higher chance it will b preserved without loosing its original form. After this, then whoever wants †☺ review can do that. But b4 documentation, someone gave an account. someone told a story., that's y its called HI-STORY
Re: See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) by BraniacX(m): 11:11pm On Apr 30, 2015
lexy2014:
4d record, d reason y history is documented is 4d purpose of preservation and reference. Its very difficult †☺ preserve verbal history especially in its original form as a lot of details might get lost as it is being passed on. But with documentation, there's a higher chance it will b preserved without loosing its original form. After this, then whoever wants †☺ review can do that. But b4 documentation, someone gave an account. someone told a story., that's y its called HI-STORY

That is all just verbose, we aren't talking about some pre-historical period of some ancient empire here, we are talking about the socio-politico-economy of a not too distant Nigeria so I will require more than just word of mouth and personal opinion to consider your theory that pre-oil Nigeria was a more prosperous place than post-oil Nigeria and that you are yet to prove to me

Also, in actual sense, none documented events have never really been called historical, documented isn't necessarily ink on paper, it is also markings on cave walls, weavings in fabrics, sculpture and artwork, archaeological remains e.t.c anything that says we once existed and were once here, not disneyland tales that go like........................."once upon a time, in a kingdom far far away, there lived a princess whose father locked her up in a dark room at the top of a tower in their magnificent castle.........................."

1 Like

Re: See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) by Nobody: 11:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
Dokubo... noise maker.
Re: See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) by lexy2014: 10:38am On May 01, 2015
BraniacX:

That is all just verbose, we aren't talking about some pre-historical period of some ancient empire here, we are talking about the socio-politico-economy of a not too distant Nigeria so I will require more than just word of mouth and personal opinion to consider your theory that pre-oil Nigeria was a more prosperous place than post-oil Nigeria and that you are yet to prove to me

Also, in actual sense, none documented events have never really been called historical, documented isn't necessarily ink on paper, it is also markings on cave walls, weavings in fabrics, sculpture and artwork, archaeological remains e.t.c anything that says we once existed and were once here, not disneyland tales that go like........................."once upon a time, in a kingdom far far away, there lived a princess whose father locked her up in a dark room at the top of a tower in their magnificent castle.........................."
if mine is verbose what will u call yours...simple? Did u read anything pre historic in my write up? In simpler english what u call history is a person's account of a past event which in any case is a story. They are all "once upon a time". Part of d raw material that forms documented history is peoples testimonies. If u read what I wrote earlier I told u that d major reason 4 such documentation whether on paper, stone etc, is 4 preservation and reference. A story doesn't qualify †☺ b history just cos its documented. Its history cos it happened. Yesterdays (30 april 2014) events, documented or not is history cos they happened
Re: See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) by BraniacX(m): 4:41pm On May 01, 2015
lexy2014:
if mine is verbose what will u call yours...simple? Did u read anything pre historic in my write up? In simpler english what u call history is a person's account of a past event which in any case is a story. They are all "once upon a time". Part of d raw material that forms documented history is peoples testimonies. If u read what I wrote earlier I told u that d major reason 4 such documentation whether on paper, stone etc, is 4 preservation and reference. A story doesn't qualify †☺ b history just cos its documented. Its history cos it happened. Yesterdays (30 april 2014) events, documented or not is history cos they happened

True a story doesn't qualify to be history just because it is documented, it qualifies to be history because it is documented and subjected subsequently to periodical peer review by authorities in the field of history from neutral stances with impersonal and unbiased predispositions, this doesn't mean they all agree on everything but they often more than not arrive at majority consensus on topical issues involved and this is how things are done in the world of academia.
Re: See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) by lexy2014: 5:44am On May 02, 2015
BraniacX:

True a story doesn't qualify to be history just because it is documented, it qualifies to be history because it is documented and subjected subsequently to periodical peer review by authorities in the field of history from neutral stances with impersonal and unbiased predispositions, this doesn't mean they all agree on everything but they often more than not arrive at majority consensus on topical issues involved and this is how things are done in the world of academia.
autobiographies are documented histOry. Several people have written their autobiographies like mandela, awo, norman sschwarkopf, collin powel, olusegun obasanjo, khalid bin sultan †☺ mention a few. So u are saying that these autobiographies were subjected †☺ " periodical peer review by authorities in the field of history from neutral stances with impersonal and unbiased predispositions?"
Re: See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) by M4gunners: 7:38am On May 02, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
oil exploration will resume in chad and start in Lagos, u will realise how unimportant u are.

The truth of the matter is this, blow pipes...as foolish as u are, na ur land u dey pollute grin grin
Your last 2 lines made me realise you have not been to ND region to see the place has been polluted. As of those Hdiolt insulting him,thank your God that Jonathan is a gentle Man. Only one week fuel scarcity your guys are crying, tell me what will happen when the pipelines are being vandalise everyday for 3 months.
Re: See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) by BraniacX(m): 11:10am On May 09, 2015
lexy2014:
autobiographies are documented histOry. Several people have written their autobiographies like mandela, awo, norman sschwarkopf, collin powel, olusegun obasanjo, khalid bin sultan †☺ mention a few. So u are saying that these autobiographies were subjected †☺ " periodical peer review by authorities in the field of history from neutral stances with impersonal and unbiased predispositions?"

How do authobiographies amount to or constitute as history?
Re: See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) by BlackTechnology: 11:17am On May 09, 2015
M4gunners:
Your last 2 lines made me realise you have not been to ND region to see the place has been polluted. As of those Hdiolt insulting him,thank your God that Jonathan is a gentle Man. Only one week fuel scarcity your guys are crying, tell me what will happen when the pipelines are being vandalise everyday for 3 months.

Don't mind them

Just imagine the suffering they are passing through just because of fuel scarcity

They will weep when the real madness starts

Both light and fuel eg petrol diesel kerosene etc will disappear when the real madness starts. cool

1 Like

Re: See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) by lexy2014: 12:26pm On May 09, 2015
BraniacX:

How do authobiographies amount to or constitute as history?
there is really no need haggling over d word HISTORY. Just use your dictionary. It will provide some illumination

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

President Muhammadu Buhari Has Cancer - Sahara Reporters / “I’m Deeply Saddened” – Femi Fani-Kayode Confirms TB Joshua’s Death / Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.