Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State - Culture (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State (69308 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils Logo Of The Yoruba Cultural Carnival Worldwide / What Ethnicity Do Aniocha And Oshimili People Of Delta North Fall Into? / Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by tonychristopher: 12:23pm On May 08, 2015
I said it and you proved it

Lol

MrPresident1:

Nigerman1 is the hypocrite that sees the mote in others' eyes but never sees the beam in his.

Is Edo monolithic? Is Edo not made up disparate peoples? Is Edo not a political association?

I have little regard for people like you and him.

Academic approach to History...SMH, Have you ever wondered why history is couched in arcane language?

Naff off Mister!
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by absoluteSuccess: 12:34pm On May 08, 2015
MrPresident1:

Nigerman1 is the hypocrite that sees the mote in others' eyes but never sees the beam in his.

Is Edo monolithic? Is Edo not made up disparate peoples? Is Edo not a political association?

I have little regard for people like you and him.

Academic approach to History...SMH, Have you ever wondered why history is couched in arcane language?

Naff off Mister!
Leave these guys to their trash, they can't be relevant without invoking Yoruba. As such, Yoruba is the enduring issue in west African history, they will all leave their history behind and swamp on Yoruba history trying to exact their pound of flesh. I enjoy their endless struggles that changes nothing: tomorrow they are still on it, despite that nothing changes, and nobody heard their voice outside this dreamland. No one changes cynists.

3 Likes

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by absoluteSuccess: 12:50pm On May 08, 2015
tonychristopher:

Lol

Have you found what Idu, Mota and Magbo means? If not then you need to know you lack the grasp of the simplest iota of Yoruba history. I am Awori, and we say of ourselves awa l'omo Isedale Yoruba: meaning 'we are the scions of Yoruba founders'. I am of the 'Owun Olowonrin'. Check out Awori history, our principal deity is Oduduwa, which has been from time in our custody. That is why we are called 'omo Olofin' not omo edo.

2 Likes

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by tonychristopher: 12:58pm On May 08, 2015
OH..YOU STILL CLAIM THAT, PLEASE GO BACK AND READ MY POSTULATION ON AWORI AND MIGRATION PATTERN FROM IFE

THANK U

absoluteSuccess:
Have you found what Idu, Mota and Magbo means? If not then you need to know you lack the grasp of the simplest iota of Yoruba history. I am Awori, and we say of ourselves awa l'omo Isedale Yoruba: meaning 'we are the scions of Yoruba founders'. I am of the 'Owun Olowonrin'. Check out Awori history, our principal deity is Oduduwa, which has been from time in our custody. That is why we are called 'omo Olofin' not omo edo.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by absoluteSuccess: 1:00pm On May 08, 2015
I am from Isolo compound at Ado, and I'm happy to discover the place of my patriarch in Yoruba history. It is you that need to learn my history from me www.en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ota,_Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by MrPresident1: 1:20pm On May 08, 2015
tonychristopher:

Lol

I said NAFF OFF!

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by MrPresident1: 1:33pm On May 08, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
Leave these guys to their trash, they can't be relevant without invoking Yoruba. As such, Yoruba is the enduring issue in west African history, they will all leave their history behind and swamp on Yoruba history trying to exact their pound of flesh. I enjoy their endless struggles that changes nothing: tomorrow they are still on it, despite that nothing changes, and nobody heard their voice outside this dreamland. No one changes cynists.

Isaiah 14:1
14 For the Lord will have mercy on Jacob, and will yet choose Israel, and set them in their own land: and the strangers shall be joined with them, and they shall cleave to the house of Jacob.

Bro, History (and truth) is couched in arcane language to deter the unworthy.

The House of Jacob aka the kingdom of God that will be established very soon will be made up of all people, irrespective of background. The Yoruba tribal agglomeration is the best example of this, Yoruba is the Church of God, made up of all people.

To tell you the truth, Yoruba, Edo, Igbo etc etc, non of them is wholly homogenous, they are all heterogeneous groups of people who have found a common banner to associate themselves. They are all superior, non is inferior to the other.

Isaiah 56:6
6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the Lord, to serve him, and to love the name of the Lord, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;
7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

Bro., Oduduwa is all about being Omoluabi, an omoluabi is a just person, a peaceful person, a righteous person, a person of virtue. And all Yoruba have accepted that banner.

Jesus Christ is the chief Omoluabi, the head cornerstone of the Yoruba church.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by tonychristopher: 3:53pm On May 10, 2015
Ilekeh:

Has every Igbo left igboland? Answer that question first.

You're not making sense, boi
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by NigerMan1: 9:45am On May 12, 2015
macof:

I've decided to ignore the buffoon as I realized he was Esan
Imagine an Esan man who's history is largely unknown trying to teach Yorubas our language and history, teach Binis their history and yet declare that only Awori should talk about Awori grin
Imagine Awori are 100% uniquegrin
When next we need to learn about Aworis we either seek an Awori or an Esan man grin grin

The man is so pathetic and hypocritical

Best you ignore him brother, an Esan can never know the bonds of we Yorubas

Jst watch how he would quote me saying Yorubas are divided

What is the IMPORT of your latest slanting this DISCOURSE? Slanting to "Esan Man" bla bla bla.

What do you hope to achieve by this?

Look keep to the topic; diversion to personal attack or subtle tribal pointer won't help at all
Also you guys can't separate historical analyses from tribal folklores and tales. Sorry they are DIFFERENT; folklore are tribally based while history is globally based.

For example when some Europeans tells you about "Yoruba History" do you ask them to keep quiet?
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by NigerMan1: 9:48am On May 12, 2015
9jacrip:

I also had to withdraw from engaging those guys further.

They are not in anyway Yoruba yet attempt to dictate what Yoruba history should be and what it shoud entail.

I've put them on ignore list.

9jacrip - If you insist your Yoruba history must be told by you alone – then it's a tribal folklores and tales – not HISTORY!
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by NigerMan1: 9:53am On May 12, 2015
tonychristopher:
This isnt a dickk measuring contest, I have been reading NigerMan1: and his approach to issue is matured and accademic so why use Yoruba is superior, in what aspect

Thank you..i know you will call me names

tonychristopher - Remember I advised you earlier don't bother about an average Yoruba person mentality. They must abuse and insult to feel good and cultured. It's ingrained in their soco-cultural upbringing. So the fellow MrPresident1 - is only living to that
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by NigerMan1: 9:59am On May 12, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
I am from Isolo compound at Ado, and I'm happy to discover the place of my patriarch in Yoruba history. It is you that need to learn my history from me www.en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ota,_Nigeria.

Wikipedia? The 'HIDDEN' truth about HISTORY of this nature are found in long held ARCHIVES.

Not a Wikipedia that any damn editor go to fumble with.

And remember your kinsmen here did described links from the internet as fake
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by Nobody: 10:01am On May 12, 2015
NigerMan1:

9jacrip - If you insist your Yoruba history must be told by you alone – then it's a tribal folklores and tales – not HISTORY!

If you insist your benin-supremacist history with convoluted interpretations far from scholarly brainwork is what you call history then yoi have no business talking history.

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by NigerMan1: 10:01am On May 12, 2015
MrPresident1:

Isaiah 14:1
14 For the Lord will have mercy on Jacob, and will yet choose Israel, and set them in their own land: and the strangers shall be joined with them, and they shall cleave to the house of Jacob.

Bro, History (and truth) is couched in arcane language to deter the unworthy.

The House of Jacob aka the kingdom of God that will be established very soon will be made up of all people, irrespective of background. The Yoruba tribal agglomeration is the best example of this, Yoruba is the Church of God, made up of all people.

To tell you the truth, Yoruba, Edo, Igbo etc etc, non of them is wholly homogenous, they are all heterogeneous groups of people who have found a common banner to associate themselves. They are all superior, non is inferior to the other.

Isaiah 56:6
6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the Lord, to serve him, and to love the name of the Lord, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;
7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

Bro., Oduduwa is all about being Omoluabi, an omoluabi is a just person, a peaceful person, a righteous person, a person of virtue. And all Yoruba have accepted that banner.

Jesus Christ is the chief Omoluabi, the head cornerstone of the Yoruba church.

[size=16pt]Blasphemy[/size]
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by tonychristopher: 11:20am On May 12, 2015
noted

NigerMan1:

tonychristopher - Remember I advised you earlier don't bother about an average Yoruba person mentality. They must abuse and insult to feel good and cultured. It's ingrained in their soco-cultural upbringing. So the fellow MrPresident1 - is only living to that
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by absoluteSuccess: 12:17pm On May 12, 2015
NigerMan1:

Wikipedia? The 'HIDDEN' truth about HISTORY of this nature are found in long held ARCHIVES.

Not a Wikipedia that any damn editor go to fumble with.

And remember your kinsmen here did described links from the internet as fake
I gave you that link to familiarise you with a family name, Osolo, which is one of the names or cheftaincy you will find in all Yoruba royal court. At Ota, Osolo is the first king, but at Ado, it is Osolo that crown an Oba Ado as a kingmaker and prime minister of Ado (Osolo does not postrate to a king, he only bend forward to salute one cause Osolo was an ancient potentate). Now, you can tell me your overrated 'ACHIVE' is not an 'European explorers' mention' of benin in the 15th century or so, or do you want to tell me that benin is featured in the 'epic of Gigamesh' or the 'Oddyssey of Homer?'
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by ladionline: 1:06pm On May 30, 2015
tonychristopher:
they lack the capacity to fix this

oduduwa case is a big scam that is why many reasonable yorubas I have seen dont subscribe to that fable

FORGET THOSE PEEPS THEY AINT NO AUTHORITY HERE, THIS IS A HIDSTORICAL FACT AND GAFFE BY OUR HISTORIAN

Tomorrow you tell me that Mungo Park discovered River Niger
Tomorrow you say Oduduwa fell from Sky

those are bullshiittss

I hear you, I hereby declare you 'persona non Grata' in your Igbo folktale.

I am of Oduduwa descent, I hold the ace to tell you ibo the tale of Oduduwa

and not the other way round, but until then, struggle with the name that has

given you all 'headaches over headaches'.

Give me a corresponding name among your people in the like of Oduduwa?

Father Abraham abi?

That one should occupy the deepest part of your consciousness.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by tonychristopher: 3:37pm On May 30, 2015
ladionline:

I hear you, I hereby declare you 'persona non Grata' in your Igbo folktale.

I am of Oduduwa descent, I hold the ace to tell you ibo the tale of Oduduwa

and not the other way round, but until then, struggle with the name that has

given you all 'headaches over headaches'.

Give me a corresponding name among your people in the like of Oduduwa?

Father Abraham abi?

That one should occupy the deepest part of your consciousness.

Oduduwa was a Benin wandered man and never can fell from sky ....do u know I believe Benin account not yoloba account
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by ladionline: 7:52pm On May 30, 2015
tonychristopher:

Oduduwa was a Benin wandered man and never can fell from sky ....do u know I believe Benin account not yoloba account

I don't expect you to believe 'Yoruba account' because a leopard cannot change the colour of its skin.

Your bug about Yoruba history is in tandem with the benin debacle, lack of a 'bulwark' or father-figure.

Tell me a name that ring bell and unite your folks as one monolithic people under the sun, will you?

It takes your psyche to be ibo.

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by lawani: 1:16am On Jun 26, 2015
tonychristopher:

The original Ife people were aliens who landed from space. The second Oduduwa was a reincarnation of the first, the second came from Mecca while the first landed from space.

Ife people agree the second Oduduwa was not an Ife man and Benin say he was an Edo man. Two things flout the Benin claim. One, Oranmiyan founded Oyo Ile when he was returning from a failed revenge expedition to Mecca. Two, the second Oduduwa mentioned to Ife people that he was a descendant of Lamurudu who can only be Nimrod. Please research Nimrod online. Those are why Oduduwa can not be a Benin man. The Benin empire was a Yoruba empire and they carried the Yoruba language to the limits of the empire. They used it as lingua franca, worshipped the deities and gave their cities Yoruba names. The Edo are not Yoruba but the Benin empire was a Yoruba empire in everything. The Igbo and Yoruba have thesame ancestors.

I have considered the two claims and arrived at the conclusion that the Benin claim is just an attempt to institutionalise the Edo origin of Oduduwa, they say Benin founded Ife but there were 90 kings in Ife before Oduduwa and 50 in Benin. It is obvious that both Benin, Oyo, Ijebu and etc were lesser than Ife originally. They were all prospective ife successors. Oyo and Ijebu were bigger than Benin. Ijebu was much bigger in the South while Oyo was in the Savanna. The site Eredo where the Awujale ruled like 1000 AD is evidence but at some point Benin became more prominent and wanted to abandon the Ife heritage.

To say Benin founded Ife is nothing short of blasphemy because nothing preceded ancient Ife. It was the first spot on Earth. What could have happened is that Benin could have become a successor Ife. There were other Ifes before the current one.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by tonychristopher: 7:34am On Jun 26, 2015
lawani:

The original Ife people were aliens who landed from space. The second Oduduwa was a reincarnation of the first, the second came from Mecca while the first landed from space.

Ife people agree the second Oduduwa was not an Ife man and Benin say he was an Edo man. Two things flout the Benin claim. One, Oranmiyan founded Oyo Ile when he was returning from a failed revenge expedition to Mecca. Two, the second Oduduwa mentioned to Ife people that he was a descendant of Lamurudu who can only be Nimrod. Please research Nimrod online. Those are why Oduduwa can not be a Benin man. The Benin empire was a Yoruba empire and they carried the Yoruba language to the limits of the empire. They used it as lingua franca, worshipped the deities and gave their cities Yoruba names. The Edo are not Yoruba but the Benin empire was a Yoruba empire in everything. The Igbo and Yoruba have thesame ancestors.

I have considered the two claims and arrived at the conclusion that the Benin claim is just an attempt to institutionalise the Edo origin of Oduduwa, they say Benin founded Ife but there were 90 kings in Ife before Oduduwa and 50 in Benin. It is obvious that both Benin, Oyo, Ijebu and etc were lesser than Ife originally. They were all prospective ife successors. Oyo and Ijebu were bigger than Benin. Ijebu was much bigger in the South while Oyo was in the Savanna. The site Eredo where the Awujale ruled like 1000 AD is evidence but at some point Benin became more prominent and wanted to abandon the Ife heritage.

To say Benin founded Ife is nothing short of blasphemy because nothing preceded ancient Ife. It was the first spot on Earth. What could have happened is that Benin could have become a successor Ife. There were other Ifes before the current one.

How can you say ife is the first spot on earth and cradle of civilization. Is it what they told u
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by lawani: 11:12am On Jun 26, 2015
tonychristopher:

How can you say ife is the first spot on earth and cradle of civilization. Is it what they told u

At one point Earth became habitable and humans appeared. Why not Ife? The tradition of the Yoruba gave the name of the place as Ife. Though that Ife is no more and the present one is just a successor. How far back the tradition goes, no one knows.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by bigfrancis21: 1:57pm On Jun 26, 2015
lawani:

At one point Earth became habitable and humans appeared. Why not Ife? The tradition of the Yoruba gave the name of the place as Ife. Though that Ife is no more and the present one is just a successor. How far back the tradition goes, no one knows.

When one basks in a particular theory for too long, he begins to believe it is the all and all truth. Have you ever bothered to ask yourself when the Ife civilization even began to exist and equally relate it to the beginning of man? Have you ever thought to deal with numbers?

It takes half-truth to be passed around and around until it begins to sound like the truth to everyone. The Ife folklore is one that leaves so much to be desired. Over the years, it has been packaged and passed down from generation to generation that it has begun to sound as truth to the gullible. Did you even know that Ife came into existence during the 12th (1101 to 1200) century? Did you know that the world had long existed before then? Did you know that the earth was way populated and that millions of human beings were already existing in Europe, Africa, Asia etc.? Did you know that other civilizations had long existed before Ife even did? Did you know that the black moors of North Africa crossed into Europe in the 6th century (year 711) during which civilization was taken to Europe? Did you know that the Egyptian civilization existed in Egypt way back to as early as 3000BC, that is 4200 years before Ife came into existence? Did you know that the Nri civilization is older than Ife and came into existence at about the 9th century, or 300 years before Ife did?

Ife folklore would want to have you believe that they are the cradle of civilization and how humanity started when some man fell from the sky, yet the world has been long in existence before they came into existence. Furthermore, science has proven that no man is able to fall from the sky, thus punching the Ife folklore to an extent. How can a full-grown man supposedly fall from the sky? Where is he falling from? Who pushed him down? Why wasn't the Ife folklore able to give answers to these questions the same time the man falling from the sky folklore was formulated? We have come to the age of reasoning whereby certain questions need to be asked. You don't just swallow certain things hook line and sinker just because you were told.

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by MrPresident1: 2:27pm On Jun 26, 2015
bigfrancis21:

When one basks in a particular theory for too long, he begins to believe it is the all and all truth. Have you ever bothered to ask yourself when the Ife civilization even began to exist and equally relate it to the beginning of man? Have you ever thought to deal with numbers?

It takes half-truth to be passed around and around until it begins to sound like the truth to everyone. The Ife folklore is one that leaves so much to be desired. Over the years, it has been packaged and passed down from generation to generation that it has begun to sound as truth to the gullible. Did you even know that Ife came into existence during the 12th (1101 to 1200) century? Did you know that the world had long existed before then? Did you know that the earth was way populated and that millions of human beings were already existing in Europe, Africa, Asia etc.? Did you know that other civilizations had long existed before Ife even did? Did you know that the black moors of North Africa crossed into Europe in the 6th century (year 711) during which civilization was taken to Europe? Did you know that the Egyptian civilization existed in Egypt way back to as early as 3000BC, that is 4200 years before Ife came into existence? Did you know that the Nri civilization is older than Ife and came into existence at about the 9th century, or 300 years before Ife did?

Ife folklore would want to have you believe that they are the cradle of civilization and how humanity started when some man fell from the sky, yet the world has been long in existence before they came into existence. Furthermore, science has proven that no man is able to fall from the sky, thus punching the Ife folklore to an extent. How can a full-grown man supposedly fall from the sky? Where is he falling from? Who pushed him down? Why wasn't the Ife folklore able to give answers to these questions the same time the man falling from the sky folklore was formulated? We have come to the age of reasoning whereby certain questions need to be asked. You don't just swallow certain things hook line and sinker just because you were told.

Truths are couched in arcane language to frustrate the unworthy. However, the apocalypse, the revelation is upon us.

Oduduwa fell from heaven and landed in Ile-ife, and from Ile-Ife, he spread civilisation to the world. Oduduwa met aboriginal people at Ile-ife. I am sure you are well aware of the legend of visitors from the skies prevalent among many peoples, and depicted in their paintings and folklore.

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by lawani: 3:12pm On Jun 26, 2015
bigfrancis21:

I have no problem believing the stories while explaining it with modern science. I believe we are not alone in the universe, so people can land from space. There may be more advanced people out there as well as primitive people. Other old texts like the Bible also talk about people landing from space.

By June 3 this year, the 10058th year of the present Yoruba era will start. It is the oldest calendar in the world. This present Ife has had a total of 140 kings, so the 12th century date falls far short in my opinion. We might be looking at at least 2500 BC. There were various earlier Ifes. The original Ife called Ife Otu might be millions of years ago for all we know, so it may account for men roaming the Earth millions of years ago. Something have to account for it. This present Ife is just a reresentation or successor, not the real thing or the original.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by bigfrancis21: 3:12pm On Jun 26, 2015
MrPresident1:

Truths are couched in arcane language to frustrate the unworthy. However, the apocalypse, the revelation is upon us.

Oduduwa fell from heaven and landed in Ile-ife, and from Ile-Ife, he spread civilisation to the world. Oduduwa met aboriginal people at Ile-ife. I am sure you are well aware of the legend of visitors from the skies prevalent among many peoples, and depicted in their paintings and folklore.

LOL. When exactly did he fall from the sky?
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by tonychristopher: 3:47pm On Jun 26, 2015
lawani:

Ignorance is bliss that I must say .... Keep it up brother
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by tonychristopher: 3:50pm On Jun 26, 2015
lawani:

I have no problem believing the stories while explaining it with modern science. I believe we are not alone in the universe, so people can land from space. There may be more advanced people out there as well as primitive people. Other old texts like the Bible also talk about people landing from space.

By June 3 this year, the 10058th year of the present Yoruba era will start. It is the oldest calendar in the world. This present Ife has had a total of 140 kings, so the 12th century date falls far short in my opinion. We might be looking at at least 2500 BC. There were various earlier Ifes. The original Ife called Ife Otu might be millions of years ago for all we know, so it may account for men roaming the Earth millions of years ago. Something have to account for it. This present Ife is just a reresentation or successor, not the real thing or the original.

Bros which ife are we talking here is it the one I passed from ibadan or its there another one
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by bigfrancis21: 4:44pm On Jun 26, 2015
MrPresident1:

Now the story has been modified...from falling from the sky to falling from a so-called heaven. And the half-baked truth continues its propagation.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by scholes0(m): 5:14pm On Jun 26, 2015
bigfrancis21:

That is Yoruba tradition, and I see nothing wrong with it.
Jewish and Christian tradition believe the first man and woman were created in Garden of Eden, Yorubas believe Human history began in Ile-Ife.
People can believe what they want to believe.

3 Likes

Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by scholes0(m): 5:15pm On Jun 26, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Now the story has been modified...from falling from the sky to falling from a so-called heaven. And the half-baked truth continues its propagation.

That is what they believe, what exactly is wrong with that?

btw: I am so curious to know what the Edo version of this story is. ..... nobody seems to know the Edo story.
Re: Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State by scholes0(m): 5:18pm On Jun 26, 2015
tonychristopher:

Bros which ife are we talking here is it the one I passed from ibadan or its there another one

Why don't you tell us your own account of world history, instead of trying to puncture holes in that of other people?
A people without a philosophy, are a people with an unremarkable past.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Oba Elegushi’s 2nd Wife, Hadiza Steps Into The Palace 6 Months After Wedding / BBC's Documentary On The 'Bronze Cast Head Of The Ife King' / Masquerade, Ajeron, Cleanses Ajegunle Of Coronavirus (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.