Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,085 members, 7,818,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari (47014 Views)

Kano Assembly Raises Panel To Probe Sanusi Over Fresh Claims / Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency / Asari Dokubo's Wife Reacts To Buhari's Planned Probe Of Missing $20bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Toks2008(m): 9:45pm On Apr 26, 2015
KingTom:
That is the best thing to do wink

This man has a character defect which is talking too much and i hope he doesnt get killed before he is sworn in.

The elders keep mum on their plans untilk its time to unveil.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Image123(m): 9:45pm On Apr 26, 2015
Omo, Buhari should stop saying things that will make this people not to hand over peacefully oh. Let them hand over first, these people are desperate. Wisdom is profitable to direct.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Nobody: 9:45pm On Apr 26, 2015
After that, let him trek down to PH to probe Amaechi's monorail fraud!

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by kaypound(m): 9:45pm On Apr 26, 2015
News papers, naira land and other social media forums go sweet to read and comment as d year runs along...God keep us so we can see d end of dis naija season 1 movie.
Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by MOUA(m): 9:45pm On Apr 26, 2015
Pep Guardiola's men beat Hertha Berlin 1-0 on Saturday to move 15 points ahead Today Bayern München secured their 25th Bundesliga title Congratulation...http://www.mouaue.com/2015/04/bayern-munich-crowned-bundesliga.html

1 Like

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by ibkgab001: 9:47pm On Apr 26, 2015
Yes case # 1 opened

1 Like

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by goodgood2(m): 9:47pm On Apr 26, 2015
Hear this eideeot like say na him money or na money wey dem get from cow sales. Make no mistake, Sanusi made a false alarm. Make no mistake, Buhari, you've failed already.
Zandyslaux:
President-elect, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari(retd.), on Sunday said his administration would take a second look at the claim by a former Governor of the Central Bank, now Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi II, that $20bn, that was supposed to be remitted by the NNPC to the federation account, could not be unaccounted.

Buhari said this while receiving a delegation of party supporters and newly elected officials on the platform of the All Progressives Congress from Adamawa State at his campaign office in Abuja.

The President-Elect, who spoke in the local Hausa language, expressed surprise that instead of probing the allegations by the former CBN governor, the authorities chose to fire him.

According to him, since Sanusi’s claim was documented, his administration will take a second look at the document when he assumes power on May 29th.

Buhari said, “On the issue of corruption, I heard that some people have started returning money. I will not believe it until I go and see for myself.

“You all know what the Emir of Kano talked about when he was the governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria. He said $20 billion dollars, not naira, $20 billion dollars, was unaccounted for; they said it was a lie. Instead of investigating it, they sacked him. And God in his infinite mercy made him the Emir of Kano. In any case, that is what he wanted. And since this was documented, the new administration will take a look at it.”

This is against the background of a pronouncement by the Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, that the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation has started refunding the unremitted $1.48bn into the federation account.

While expressing gratitude to the visiting delegation, Buhari in response to several requests, said his administration would work in tandem with the manifesto of the APC.

He listed priority areas to include security of lives and property, the economy, job creation and the war against corruption.

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-will-probe-sanusis-missing-us-20bn-allegation-buhari/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 26, 2015
Janet101:
Baba, help us collect d money
cheesy
Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Quadrescent: 9:47pm On Apr 26, 2015
ok o
Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by KingTom(m): 9:48pm On Apr 26, 2015
Toks2008:

This man has a character defect which is talking too much and i hope he doesnt get killed before he is sworn in.

The elders keep mum on their plans untilk its time to unveil.
You are right my friend, in doing so he has left the door open to escape, most of the thieves have fled the country. He would do well to thread cautiously, silence is the best answer. So that he'll take these rogues by surprise.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by vacanci: 9:49pm On Apr 26, 2015
Zandyslaux:
President-elect, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari(retd.), on Sunday said his administration would take a second look at the claim by a former Governor of the Central Bank, now Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi II, that $20bn, that was supposed to be remitted by the NNPC to the federation account, could not be unaccounted.

Buhari said this while receiving a delegation of party supporters and newly elected officials on the platform of the All Progressives Congress from Adamawa State at his campaign office in Abuja.

The President-Elect, who spoke in the local Hausa language, expressed surprise that instead of probing the allegations by the former CBN governor, the authorities chose to fire him.

According to him, since Sanusi’s claim was documented, his administration will take a second look at the document when he assumes power on May 29th.

Buhari said, “On the issue of corruption, I heard that some people have started returning money. I will not believe it until I go and see for myself.

“You all know what the Emir of Kano talked about when he was the governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria. He said $20 billion dollars, not naira, $20 billion dollars, was unaccounted for; they said it was a lie. Instead of investigating it, they sacked him. And God in his infinite mercy made him the Emir of Kano. In any case, that is what he wanted. And since this was documented, the new administration will take a look at it.”

This is against the background of a pronouncement by the Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, that the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation has started refunding the unremitted $1.48bn into the federation account.

While expressing gratitude to the visiting delegation, Buhari in response to several requests, said his administration would work in tandem with the manifesto of the APC.

He listed priority areas to include security of lives and property, the economy, job creation and the war against corruption.

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-will-probe-sanusis-missing-us-20bn-allegation-buhari/

With the highlighted, is a probe really required? After all, the article has vindicated NNPC

3 Likes

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by omojeesu(m): 9:49pm On Apr 26, 2015
General pls keep this to yourself! You are not yet on the throne. The Yoruba say you don't ask for your father's killers until you are holding the machete (gun, today). Softly, softly. Be careful o. Enemies abound o! They don't want the probes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 26, 2015
is dea a beta probe Dan a forensic audit
what if d emir lied would he also b probed for d false alarm Nd d mismgt dat made d govt fire him??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Pavarottii(m): 9:50pm On Apr 26, 2015
upcrown2512:
THAT'S IS A WELCOME IDEA.

GEJ MIGHT NOT EVEN BE AWARE OF HOW THIS MONEY DISAPPEARED DUE TO HIS LACK OF EXPERIENCE.
I PRAY THERE WILL BE NO FIRE ACCIDENT ESPECIALLY WHERE ALL THOSE FILES ARE KEPT IN NNPC.
Lack of Experience - 15 abi 16 years in full service, deputy Gov, Gov, vIce president, acting president, President. Who in the history of Nigeria, has that amount of experience, these tenurable positions, not offices like the senate and reps.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by StOla: 9:51pm On Apr 26, 2015
goodgood2:
Hear this eideeot like say na him money or na money wey dem get from cow sales. Make no mistake, Sanusi made a false alarm. Make no mistake, Buhari, you've failed already.

GMB please investigate this suspect. He must have benefited from the corruption that has crippled Nigeria and enriched a microscopic few. He is already apprehensive, but nowhere to run to.

I'm loving this new Nigeria.
Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by olalekan1(m): 9:51pm On Apr 26, 2015
You will probe them, FINE! but now that you have opened it to the public, the perpetrators will be cleaning off their tracks or planning to run away sef.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by blazemanass21: 9:52pm On Apr 26, 2015
just have d title of presidency but u won't act like one we all know that obj,tinibu, amaechi,e.t.c will all control u as if they are playing ps3

3 Likes

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 26, 2015
Image123:
Omo, Buhari should stop saying things that will make this people not to hand over peacefully oh. Let them hand over first, these people are desperate. Wisdom is profitable to direct.

nobody desperate handover is sacrosanct stop bin an alarmist..
Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by laytoshtwo: 9:53pm On Apr 26, 2015
IYANGBALI:
Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke kuje prison calling

Lol,na four years of court case if you have a good lawyer,case closed.

1 Like

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Mogidi: 9:54pm On Apr 26, 2015
barcanista:
That is very good. Baba remember that you must seriously audit the NNPC books and let's see who between Mallam Sanusi and Allison was truthful. Meanwhile a reputable audit firm categorically said that the "unremitted" fund wwas little over $1 billion. "Note the word unremitted and not missing".

Meanwhile, remember to probe Petroleum Development Trust Fund of which Obasanjo and Atiku were both indicted by the Senate.

Baba you should also probe Transcorp Deals perpetrated by Obasanjo and his corrupt allies.

Baba Be prepared to work with Nyesome Wike in probing Amaechi when evidence start coming.

Baba remember the Saraki case. The allegation against Fashola by True Face of Lagos. That against Sylva among others....

Baba we are wtching...

Pricewaterhousecooper already laid the issue to rest with their audit report. The senile Daura President still believes Sanusi who initially said a whopping $50billion was missing.

I wish him luck on his witch hunt journey.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by millionaireman: 9:54pm On Apr 26, 2015
Why can't Buhari prove Sanusi correct? After all, Sanusi's cooked allegation of missing $50, latter $40 and latter $20 billion Dollars mostly made Buhari president;

after the allegation was sold down to Nigerians and the International community.

1 Like

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by tunde1200(m): 9:55pm On Apr 26, 2015
Dont Expect Miracles without work and co~operation~ Buhari To Nigerians
Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by 49cents(m): 9:56pm On Apr 26, 2015
Zandyslaux:

Baba one chance

No be u talk sey Abacha who u serve no steal

Tinubu will steal billions inder you as they stole under in PTF

Buhari is a dullard walahi
Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by free2ryhme: 9:56pm On Apr 26, 2015
Zandyslaux:

Good development Sir Buhari and god to hear people are retuning monies, this is strange news, we want to know who returned what amount and where the money is , this development will be a great one, we wish to know who returned even if is a dime, and any man who willingly returns any amount should not be sentenced except if probed further and found to be keeping some amount back, but i do not believe that anybody returned any thing, Na bobo I swear, but we are watching.,
Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 26, 2015
asiwajub:
Will be more interesting but my worry is the possibility of the probe to see the light of the day. #justthinking

SLS downloaded the true story to my President Elect in Kaduna. You can see the photo of SLS visit grin grin grin
lol
Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by jossyj: 9:57pm On Apr 26, 2015
CR77:
Buhari too talk tongue talk small and do more tongue

please tell him to start from those past heads of state plenty of our money dey their hands.
People like obasonjo, abdusalami, babangida even those past govs like tinubu and rest of them should be probed.

1 Like

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by illiad1(m): 9:57pm On Apr 26, 2015
intergral:
Baba wait make we enter power first....
How I wish baba will do more for the igbos so that one day they will tell their children that when change came to nigeria they rejected it because the want nigeria to crumble so that their children will continue to suffer.

Being an Igbo man/woman makes one a STAR by default in Nigeria. We are the centre of attraction. The HausaFulanis and their Yorubas slaves can't stop watching their backs even forty years after the war. God simply made us a higher specie. That's why we move like a Train with the speed of light. They can't simply fathom how we do what we do. Its the Lords doing and its marvelous in their eyes.

Doesn't it beat your imagination that forty years after the war and forty years of HausaFulanis ruling and ruining the contraption called nigeria the north remains the poorest region, with half of their population engaged in their best known profession, begging arms with leprosy hands.

Doesn't it beat your imagination that forty years after the war irrespective of all awolowo did to suppress the progress of Ndigbo after the war, Ndigbo lives in better part of lagos and eats well cooked three square meals daily while yorubas live in boys quarters and drink garri all day.

My advice to yorubas is this. If you so hate the Igbo man for being blessed, do what your father awolowo did; HANG YOURSELVES.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Generalkorex(m): 9:57pm On Apr 26, 2015
Baba abeg find the money
$20bn the money too much
Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by frankson1(m): 9:58pm On Apr 26, 2015
[b][/b]Ma General, i'll also give you the info.I've gathered from the streets. Catch dem all. No escape for the rogues, office-robber, house-robber etc.
Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Tex42(m): 9:58pm On Apr 26, 2015
Grabs a sit in the front, and of course pop corn. Observing in 3D
Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 26, 2015
Oga GMB u have plenty probings to do but please we want u to talk less for now till u get there.

With the list of pending probings, u may need 3rd term to finish them. Wikileaks list will come handy
Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 26, 2015
Zandyslaux:

Story Story Story!!! No one returned a Dime...

The Buhari Apologists have not started seeing the handwriting on the wall. Buhari is speaking Hausa in a press conference.........Nigeria is gone.

Buhari, There was no 20 Billion Dollar allegation by sanusi... There was 50 Billion, 20 Billion, 5 Billion, 12 Billion and finally another 20 Billion Dollars Allegations. Abeg which one are u talking about

Please fix the nations problems directly, Dont run around the next 4 years chasing shadows.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Lands In Bauchi (Pictures) / 2019 General Election Timetable Is Out (Photo) / Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.