Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,357 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari (47015 Views)

Kano Assembly Raises Panel To Probe Sanusi Over Fresh Claims / Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency / Asari Dokubo's Wife Reacts To Buhari's Planned Probe Of Missing $20bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Image123(m): 9:59pm On Apr 26, 2015
BTW, hope punchng is not lying on this. All the junk journalism in the past years make one skeptical except on seeing video or audio evidence. Junk journalist told us recently that Buhari said he'd make one naira equal to one dollar.
Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by CR77(f): 9:59pm On Apr 26, 2015
No be lie oo but dis baba no fit do dem anything
jossyj:

please tell him to start from those past heads of state plenty of our money dey their hands.
People like obasonjo, abdusalami, babangida even those past govs like tinubu and rest of them should be probed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 26, 2015
CR77:
Buhari too talk tongue talk small and do more tongue

Action is what we need

Keep that your dirty mouth shut fool!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 26, 2015
Mogidi:

Pricewaterhousecooper already laid the issue to rest with their audit report. The senile Daura President still believes Sanusi who initially said a whopping $50billion was missing.

I wish him luck on his witch hunt journey.
Don't mind him. he doesn't know the meaning of "audit report"....he's a confused man.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by chiedu7: 10:00pm On Apr 26, 2015
LET HIM START THE PROBE FROM 1978 WHEN HE WAS IN CHARGE OF THE PETROLEUM FUND AND N2.8 VANISHED.

AND

LET HIM PROBE THE DISAPPEARANCE OF 53 SUIT CASES STUFFED WITH MONEY UNDER HIS TENURE OF HEAD OF STATE.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by emeka2847: 10:00pm On Apr 26, 2015
Let me say state this clearly: we must not hear of any fire accident in CBN or NNPC before May 29th. Make dem no say some documents don burn. Tor!

Zandyslaux:
President-elect, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari(retd.), on Sunday said his administration would take a second look at the claim by a former Governor of the Central Bank, now Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi II, that $20bn, that was supposed to be remitted by the NNPC to the federation account, could not be unaccounted.

Buhari said this while receiving a delegation of party supporters and newly elected officials on the platform of the All Progressives Congress from Adamawa State at his campaign office in Abuja.

The President-Elect, who spoke in the local Hausa language, expressed surprise that instead of probing the allegations by the former CBN governor, the authorities chose to fire him.

According to him, since Sanusi’s claim was documented, his administration will take a second look at the document when he assumes power on May 29th.

Buhari said, “On the issue of corruption, I heard that some people have started returning money. I will not believe it until I go and see for myself.

“You all know what the Emir of Kano talked about when he was the governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria. He said $20 billion dollars, not naira, $20 billion dollars, was unaccounted for; they said it was a lie. Instead of investigating it, they sacked him. And God in his infinite mercy made him the Emir of Kano. In any case, that is what he wanted. And since this was documented, the new administration will take a look at it.”

This is against the background of a pronouncement by the Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, that the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation has started refunding the unremitted $1.48bn into the federation account.

While expressing gratitude to the visiting delegation, Buhari in response to several requests, said his administration would work in tandem with the manifesto of the APC.

He listed priority areas to include security of lives and property, the economy, job creation and the war against corruption.

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-will-probe-sanusis-missing-us-20bn-allegation-buhari/
Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 26, 2015
a welcome thought
Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 26, 2015
That is good to hear

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by rontolo(m): 10:01pm On Apr 26, 2015
Mr president elect, there is no longer a need to politicise matters of national importance such as this. You are the incoming president. I never for once saw you as the sharpest knive in the cabinet, but the more discerning amongst us know $20B is not missing. We know that to be no more than political grandstanding and that Sanusi himself has a lot to answer to, that curruption thrives even within your campaign organisation.

There is so far rethorical flourish will take you. Lead with wisdom and maturity or you will very quickly find yourself at the sharp end of a frustrated and disappointed people!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by 49cents(m): 10:01pm On Apr 26, 2015
Hope he will probe the documentary Lion of Bourdillon

See hin goat face like map of nigeria

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Toks2008(m): 10:02pm On Apr 26, 2015
KingTom:
You are right my friend, in doing so he has left the door open to escape, most of the thieves have fled the country. He would do well to thread cautiously, silence is the best answer. So that he'll take these rogues by surprise.

Just in less than a month after Buhari became president elect,i have seen his lapses and to me he is neither smart nor intelligent...

All those utterances are baseless such as

Nigeria should not expect a miracle..
The manisfesto is not quran or bible that can not be changed...
I will probe the 20billion...

Naaa this is not an ideal virtue of a smart leader the only happiness i have is yet another character of his and that is allowing his subjects a free hand to administer authority and this was why i voted for him because i know that he will appoint seasoned and purposeful technocrats which was a major faupax of the outgoing president.

5 Likes

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by An2elect2(f): 10:02pm On Apr 26, 2015
Good move president elect. Good move smiley
Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by nortcentrallord(m): 10:02pm On Apr 26, 2015
Hahahahaha, now it has started falling into place. I wish babaonechance luck as he embarks on the journey to oblivion. I pray he probes everyone from GEJ to all the former pdp stalwarts now chanting change. I hope he probes all administration from Independence till date. Hahahahaha. A leopard doesn't change his skin. Don't concentrate on the promises you made which you are now denying oh. Please probe every Nigerian. Even the once that urinate on the street. grin cheesy grin
Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by shino62: 10:02pm On Apr 26, 2015
Toks2008:

This man has a character defect which is talking too much and i hope he doesnt get killed before he is sworn in.

The elders keep mum on their plans untilk its time to unveil.
He is a devine intervention to naija problems, no mortal can harm him by God's grace. Let's continue praying for his protection from the evil of mischief makers.

1 Like

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by b0rn2fuck(m): 10:04pm On Apr 26, 2015
wachakuta:
Looters ve no place to hide... now we will know that ve a leader in naija!! haters u can all go and hug transformer
I think mobuch will be nervous reading this
Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by naija2dabone(m): 10:05pm On Apr 26, 2015
Also probe the allegation of the financial reporting council against Danish
Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by lameda07: 10:05pm On Apr 26, 2015
This alone will go along way in satisfying my soul and desire.

Thank you for letting them realise this early.

#imaginethenumberofjobsthiswouldhavecreated?

God bless GMB.
Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by KingTom(m): 10:05pm On Apr 26, 2015
Toks2008:

Just in less than a month after Buhari became president elect,i have seen his lapses and to me he is neither smart nor intelligent...

All those utterances are baseless such as

Nigeria should not expect a miracle..
The manisfesto is not quran or bible that can not be changed...
I will probe the 20billion...

Naaa this is not an ideal virtue of a smart leader the only happiness i have is yet another character of his and that is allowing his subjects a free hand to administer authority and this was why i voted for him because i know that he will appoint seasoned and purposeful technocrats which was a major faupax of the outgoing president.
Well said

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Tex42(m): 10:05pm On Apr 26, 2015
illiad1:

Being an Igbo man/woman makes one a STAR by default in Nigeria. We are the centre of attraction. The HausaFulanis and their Yorubas slaves can't stop watching their backs even forty years after the war. God simply made us a higher specie. That's why we move like a Train with the speed of light. They can't simply fathom how we do what we do. Its the Lords doing and its marvelous in their eyes.

Doesn't it beat your imagination that forty years after the war and forty years of HausaFulanis ruling and ruining the contraption called nigeria the north remains the poorest region, with half of their population engaged in their best known profession, begging arms with leprosy hands.

Doesn't it beat your imagination that forty years after the war irrespective of all awolowo did to suppress the progress of Ndigbo after the war, Ndigbo lives in better part of lagos and eats well cooked three square meals daily while yorubas live in boys quarters and drink garri all day.

My advice to yorubas is this. If you so hate the Igbo man for being blessed, do what your father awolowo did; HANG YOURSELVES.

you've said it all bro, didn't they say that a word is enough for the wise.

Just can't fathom the reason behind the hate on Igbos. Despite the the hate, the Igbos are still the front liners of anything good in this country.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by millionaireman: 10:06pm On Apr 26, 2015
QuotaSystem:
Diezani should be put under surveillance after this announcement. That meeting with SLS must have provided the General with incontrovertible proof that the missing $20b is real and has been looted. There is no reason that woman's tenure shouldn't be probed and prosecuted if indicted. Yet some people wanted us to believe that Jonathan's spending of $10b (N2 trillion) on his campaigns was far-fetched.

Interesting times.

Can you that needed to be probed first start to probe people?

OBJ doubled as President and Oil Ministe for years. Did he account to you?

How much does your domain contribute to Nigeria's coffers?
Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by MAYOWAAK: 10:06pm On Apr 26, 2015
Always be detailed.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by dayodare49o: 10:07pm On Apr 26, 2015
Zandyslaux:
President-elect, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari(retd.), on Sunday said his administration would take a second look at the claim by a former Governor of the Central Bank, now Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi II, that $20bn, that was supposed to be remitted by the NNPC to the federation account, could not be unaccounted.

Buhari said this while receiving a delegation of party supporters and newly elected officials on the platform of the All Progressives Congress from Adamawa State at his campaign office in Abuja.

The President-Elect, who spoke in the local Hausa language, expressed surprise that instead of probing the allegations by the former CBN governor, the authorities chose to fire him.

According to him, since Sanusi’s claim was documented, his administration will take a second look at the document when he assumes power on May 29th.

Buhari said, “On the issue of corruption, I heard that some people have started returning money. I will not believe it until I go and see for myself.

“You all know what the Emir of Kano talked about when he was the governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria. He said $20 billion dollars, not naira, $20 billion dollars, was unaccounted for; they said it was a lie. Instead of investigating it, they sacked him. And God in his infinite mercy made him the Emir of Kano. In any case, that is what he wanted. And since this was documented, the new administration will take a look at it.”

This is against the background of a pronouncement by the Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, that the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation has started refunding the unremitted $1.48bn into the federation account.

While expressing gratitude to the visiting delegation, Buhari in response to several requests, said his administration would work in tandem with the manifesto of the APC.

He listed priority areas to include security of lives and property, the economy, job creation and the war against corruption.

I have fully accepted that general is a good illiterat.e like a guy called nobleG2.

There is no other way fraud can be discovered than contracting an auditor. If auditor is contracted and whatever the outcome is must be accepted by all parties concerned. Not some idi.ot will be using that as a way to score cheap political points.

The accounting firm that audited the account is world class accounting firm. You can not name 5 world best accounting firms without naming it. But some idio.t wants to start playing us around.

Maybe they think because sanusi was a CBN governor whatever he says is right without verification .
Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Nobody: 10:08pm On Apr 26, 2015
b0rn2fuck:
I think mobuch will be nervous reading this

I am very angry this nite over some domestics issues, don't let me transfer my aagression to you, otherwise ground go reject your deady body when am finished with u.
Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by oghenetegah(m): 10:08pm On Apr 26, 2015
Can't wait 2 see pple like Diezani,mama peace counting like witch.. But Buhari av bin talking too much. Aaction speak louder than voice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by otemanuduno: 10:08pm On Apr 26, 2015
Pls collect the money baba...collect am asap o
Chai! All dis dollars jona and his crew are sharing chai! chai! Diarisgodo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by cobsol(m): 10:09pm On Apr 26, 2015
Okey see you in court, you think say this one na millitary? We go go court taya even your own old cases even that of ur cabinet.

Talkative

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Misogynist2014(m): 10:09pm On Apr 26, 2015
Talk less
Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 26, 2015
nortcentrallord:
Hahahahaha, now it has started falling into place. I wish babaonechance luck as he embarks on the journey to oblivion. I pray he probes everyone from GEJ to all the former pdp stalwarts now chanting change. I hope he probes all administration from Independence till date. Hahahahaha. A leopard doesn't change his skin. Don't concentrate on the promises you made which you are now denying oh. Please probe every Nigerian. Even the once that urinate on the street. grin cheesy grin
I feel sad when I read comments like this from Nigerians.Here is a man that is trying to ensure accoutability in the system and you are mocking him. Are you not aware that World Bank said from 1960 till date $400 billion dollars has been looted from the country. If by Buhari action we recover $10 billion it will still go along way. Don't mock someone trying to recover money and hold people accountable and be on the side of people that have made Nigerians to run away from their land and suffer in India,China and South Africa.
Please change your ways

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by noblestan: 10:10pm On Apr 26, 2015
Gbese! E don start o
Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by Ephemmm: 10:11pm On Apr 26, 2015
thefakestan:
Baba one chance

#Dauradullard

Animal in human's skin tongue tongue tongue
Re: I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari by frankson1(m): 10:12pm On Apr 26, 2015
goodgood2:
Hear this eideeot like say na him money or na money wey dem get from cow sales. Make no mistake, Sanusi made a false alarm. Make no mistake, Buhari, you've failed already.

Can't you see that this country is way-too backward and its time to try and see what can be salvaged from her remains and move on from there. If Sanusi raised false alarm like you said how come the fed. Govt.is just starting to return the $1.48b now after how many years. If pep had won the presidential election,the money would have been lost for life. I think they're making contributions to raise the money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Lands In Bauchi (Pictures) / 2019 General Election Timetable Is Out (Photo) / Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.