Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,289 members, 7,818,983 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

**Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** (29723 Views)

Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. / Man Feels Guilty Everytime His Wife Reigns Curses On The Men Who Raped Her. / Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by An2elect2(f): 7:54am On Apr 29, 2015
abbey621:
What exactly is a successful woman? A woman is only successful if she makes her own money, has a high status among peers and is still able to keep a happy home. Look at the bold words very carefully you'll notice men are not under such restrictions, a man is successful as long as he has money!

I'm surprised that the op is a man and yet able to write things like this on social media. The truth is men are not scared of successful women rather they are scared of the way success changes women. Whether it is Nigeria or abroad, money and power are most dangerous in the hands of a woman. Let me explain further:

1. Women are easily influenced by friends and peers
2. Women are highly emotional creatures, when angry or sad they are most vulnerable.
3.Women want attention at all times and when she dictates the money in the relationship, the man ceases to be a man.

Mix it all together with an atmosphere such as the USA or Europe where women run things and you have CHAOS! Men would stop caring in relationships, go after the successful women, exploit her and dump her for another woman who is submissive. In the Nigerian context, a man cannot truly claim to be successful if he does not provide for his family, men value opinions from the society and would have sleepless nights if we married someone with a dominant personality or someone uncontrollable. Now don't get me wrong we have some successful ladies that are submissive to their husbands but they are very rare, there's something about money that makes human beings go gaga.

If we can think deeply, we would realize the number one thing men want in women is RESPECT. However for women, the number one thing they want in men is for them to be men, to be the head and take charge!

Wow i agree wholeheartedly with this. Best comment I've seen here.
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Chibest2000(m): 7:58am On Apr 29, 2015
For me, I fearless of a successful woman in her own career than that of a rich man's Daughter (women from a rich family), not that they aren't obedience to their husbands, but the rate of influence and control in the side of the parents, Speaking from experience.
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 29, 2015
This is cool... *following*
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by moHot(f): 8:04am On Apr 29, 2015
it's frustrating when a successful woman is married to or dating a man who is not as successful as she is, because the things she do with the purest intentions will be misinterpreted and that's because of the notion most men hold about rich women.

It's not easy and what makes it more difficult is the inferiority complex of some of the men.

HOW TO EXCEL IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP AS A SUCCESSFUL WOMAN
1)Your 'submissiveness' has to be way more than the woman who is not as successful as her man
2)you have to let and make him be in charge ....make him feel he is in control. (even if he is not) Trust me it works, he has to have a feeling that he can still be head even with all ur wealth
3) you have to know you can't talk to your man the way an average woman would, you can't even say somethings when you are angry; any other woman can be rude to her man and get away with it but a rich woman have to be careful because your fat bank account will be blamed to be responsible for your rudeness .

Even the man who can't control or earn the respect of a woman he feeds will want the woman who can feed herself respect him and surrender herself to be controlled .?

Most times its not about the rich / poor woman respecting you, it's about you earning that respect by being THE MAN.

1 Like

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by popiong(m): 8:06am On Apr 29, 2015
theplanmaker:

You are free to draw your own conclusion. But the truth is you fo not know the guys intention. I have dated a girl who is very rich. Her father was a politician, she was a successful doctor. I never felt inferior, even if i was a fresh graduate with no job. I even drive her car sometimes. She was more than ready to sponsor our wedding too. But i had to end the relationship at a point. Why? She forgot that she is a woman, and that her man is supose to be in control of the family. She is never open to suggestion, and she tries to give me instructions! Even my parents warned me. Did i break up with her because i felt inferior? Far from it. She was just not wife material, and her money made her so. So my dear, the truth is that for most wome, as ttheir social status grows, so does their ego. If a man percieves that your ego has grown to the point were you cannot becontained, he will walk away. A man would not marry a woman who he cannot control period!

I would prefer you do not use the word control for it may seem manipulating.
Rather say "a man may not want to marry a woman that is never ready to reason with her spouse and come to a mutual agreement wink
theplanmaker:

You are free to draw your own conclusion. But the truth is you fo not know the guys intention. I have dated a girl who is very rich. Her father was a politician, she was a successful doctor. I never felt inferior, even if i was a fresh graduate with no job. I even drive her car sometimes. She was more than ready to sponsor our wedding too. But i had to end the relationship at a point. Why? She forgot that she is a woman, and that her man is supose to be in control of the family. She is never open to suggestion, and she tries to give me instructions! Even my parents warned me. Did i break up with her because i felt inferior? Far from it. She was just not wife material, and her money made her so. So my dear, the truth is that for most wome, as ttheir social status grows, so does their ego. If a man percieves that your ego has grown to the point were you cannot becontained, he will walk away. A man would not marry a woman who he cannot control period!

I would prefer you do not use the word control for it may seem manipulating.
Rather say "a man may not want to marry a woman that is never ready to reason with her spouse and come to a mutual agreement

1 Like

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 29, 2015
Rapmoney:
Ask Kema Chikwe what a successful woman means...ask Foluronsho Alakija...ask Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala...ask Modupe Ozoluwa...ask Genevieve Nnaji...or u still want me to continue?

A Successful woman does not necessary mean does who have made it to the peak in their career. There are other facet of success a woman can attain, like a successful wife, mother etc.
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by silvercute(m): 8:09am On Apr 29, 2015
Owliver:
thank you so much for this. I have seen even relationships get blown up because the girl feeds the boy. She totally turned him to a dummy and always reminded him that "is it not my money"" A rich naija guy can comfortably date and marry a poor girl and his senses will still be intact but a rich girl and a poor husband you and I know what she'll become. If a naija lady loses her job the husband can endure forever and manage without reminding her that he pays all the bills but if a man loses his job the woman turns him to something else and this OP can spew thrash here. Comparing naija to western world. So much for the high divorce rate in your "Perfect western world"

Thanks so much for your contributions. I guess OP is an idealist and opens this thread to fan the ego of feminists littered everywhere in the name of ' successful' woman. Women don't possess the mental capacity to provide materially for a home and still feel submissive to the man. Hardly! The more reason God made the woman as a compliment and NOT a copy of the man. With the high rate of divorce in the western world is that not a lingering sign of subversiveness.

1 Like

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by cococandy(f): 8:14am On Apr 29, 2015
Jagabanthelion:
I have an uncle who married a village girl,brushed her up,took her abroad and somehow he found himself doing d dishes n homechores after she started earning some income.She even demanded payment b4 he gets his conjugal rights every night.Today,they are divorced.Hav anoda aunt who her hubby took abroad too n today,they are divorced.Finally,I remember a humble but rich female colleague of mine,who refused to buy a car because she was still single n over 30. She persevered for a while,begged for lifts and used public transport till her humility paid.A man noticed it,liked her and married her.She later bought one of the most sophisticated Jeeps I have ever seen after marriage,of course with the love and consent of her hubby. what I can coin from these 3 experiences of mine is that a lot of foreign culture has corrupted our once-humble women.Only a few still keep their heads low after getting richer than their hubbies,very very few.
I lost a few brain cells reading this poo. So punishing oneself taking public transport, begging for lifts everywhere when you can afford a car is a sign of humility? And that's something that a man with functioning brain finds attractive?

Who did this to you people? angry angry angry
Like the most retardedd shyt I've ever heard in my life.

Wait she even needs a man's consent to buy a car with her own money.

I feel like I get stupider every second I spend on nairaland because here's like the den for propagating the most stupid things ever spouted in the history of mankind and maybe if one is not careful this foolishness might be contagious.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by edetcnn(m): 8:14am On Apr 29, 2015
@op (in case you are not really Bruce Jenner), the truly 'successful women' in Naija and elsewhere are all taken. There are very very few, I repeat, very very very few of 'em available. And truly matured men (not boys or transgenders like you) are hunting hard for those few.
I wish you well in the real hustle that made you open this populist but baseles assumption-driven thread sha! But abeg shine your eye well o! Don't let a shiny car that still has over 28 months of remaining payment deceive youwink
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 29, 2015
Owliver:
you see those "feminist ladies" rallying around the OP. They are up to no good. Most of them don't live here in naija and they spew out ridiculous advises which contradicts the real situation on ground here in naija. I don't just like it. Girls don show me pepper so I know what am saying. I wouldn't want to marry a poor uneducated girl but marrying a rich girl(who has no respect) would worsen the situation. An average Naija girl's attitude is just to dangerous when topped with riches. I can't relate angry

Nice point bro. We all know the situation on ground. I better pick an average girl and shape her up to my taste, then when i see her, i see my handiwork. So doing, she will tend to respect me alot which is better than jumping into an over-bloated egoed lady simply cos she has the dough.
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 29, 2015
Tallesty1:
Married? I think No?

Dated an independent woman? I guess NO too and yet you are talking?

Isn't experience the best teacher?

Do you think wife and girlfriend are thesame thing?

Do you have friends that are married to richer women? Have you visited them at home to see how they are being treated?

FYI, Nigeria men are not scared of successful women rather they are scared of control freaks. The type of woman that only feels good about herself if she makes you feel less than her. These are the women that my brothers are scared of.

I have said this before and I will say it again, every man prays for his wife to be successful too. That's why most Igbo men I know open shops for wives once they marry them so that they will start hustling. Are you saying that they open shops for these women and then turn around to pray against their success?

You amaze me op.

Most men insist that their wife must be a graduate, why?

Don't just jump from nowhere and start writing stuffs just to get likes without researching your topic properly. Sha, you have given some half-baked-feminist on here something to talk about but who cares?

NOW LISTEN.

Picture a woman who has personality disorder, someone who automatically become enraged or sullen and withdrawn if she doesn’t get her way. Someone who needles you endlessly until you capitulate, someone whose mood becomes buoyant as she cuts you down. Someone who makes you feel useless, disoriented and helpless.

Then picture where this woman is richer than her husband.

What Do You See?

LISTEN AGAIN.

There are things one needs to succeed in business and work. These things are direct opposite of what we need to have successful marriage and most of these successful women do not know where to cut the line.

To succeed in business, you have to be stubborn, in control etc. Bring these things into your marriage and you are fuked. Some successful women would rather blow the house up and everything in it than compromise or take personal responsibility. Who Wants This?

Women Naturally want to exert control over everything. They enjoy to make those around them feel inadequate, insecure, nervous, angry, anxious and physically sick.

Go to married men that have richer wives and ask them, they will tell you that the message their women pass in everything they do is I don’t trust you to be able to do it right; I don’t respect your judgment; I don’t think you are competent; I don’t value your insight. I can do it all alone

Money brings out the demon in everybody and most women do not know how to control this demon yet.

I Have A Feeling That You Are Eyeing A Rich Sister.

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by major466(m): 8:15am On Apr 29, 2015
Being the head of a relationship need to be understood by men. The problem with relationships has not always been the issue of finance persay but the lack of mutual respect and understanding. The ability to lead harmonously in relationships is very critical. Leading in this case means providing good leadership. Ladies are followers naturaly. They tend to follow the lead of a man they feel is leading them for their own good. This is in sharp contrast to men who control the relationship rather than provide leadership. The word 'Control' in relationship is a catalyst for conflict. Women will rebel no matter their financial status when they feel their lives are being controled by their men. It gets even worse when the control exerted on them is done through selfish reasons. This will set up a natural response of rebellion and level headedness in them. What men see as arrogance and lack of submition is actualy ladies's natural defence mechanism. They are trying to protect themselves from the men who are heading (controling) their lives. This has always been the problem. When guys understand the concept and the difference between Leadership and Control then relationships will have a smooth ride.
Control of an individual in relationships must be avoided at all cost because it breeds conflict. Total control of an individual in itself is bad enough talkless of relationships. The sooner guys undertand that being the head of a relatonship is about providing good leadership to the benefit of their ladies, the better the relationship irrespective of their background.
A lady naturaly becomes submissive if the man in her life is providing good leadership to her benefit irrespective of her financial status.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by InZA: 8:16am On Apr 29, 2015
Thankz:
YOU ARE AN IDEAL MAN...........................the world is running out of men like u, and people like u get very successful cos thats God's view of how men should think ....

Wow!!!...I really appreciate this. Thanks a lot. smiley
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by InZA: 8:17am On Apr 29, 2015
Whobedatte:
more wisdom to your grey matter. U nailed it!!!

Thanks man cool
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by InZA: 8:20am On Apr 29, 2015
edetcnn:
@op (in case you are not really Bruce Jenner), the truly 'successful women' in Naija and elsewhere are all taken. There are very very few, I repeat, very very very few of 'em available. And truly matured men (not boys or transgenders like you) are hunting hard for those few.
I wish you well in the real hustle that made you open this populist but baseles assumption-driven thread sha! But abeg shine your eye well o! Don't let a shiny car that still has over 28 months of remaining payment deceive you;)

grin grin

You nailed it man.
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by popiong(m): 8:22am On Apr 29, 2015
Rapmoney:
To sum up ur post, we should get married to poor women that we can order around abi?

Don't you get tallesty1's point
One of his points is most women aren't able to draw a line between the use of qualities needed to succeed in business and qualities needed for a successful marriage smiley
Rapmoney:
To sum up ur post, we should get married to poor women that we can order around abi?

Don't you get tallesty1's point
One of his points is most women aren't able to draw a line between the use of qualities needed to succeed in business and qualities needed for a successful marriage
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by loswhite(m): 8:29am On Apr 29, 2015
Rapmoney:
Am just stating the fact because it seems male folks in this part of the world are still holding on to some trashy societal beliefs and having numerous false assumptions!
how did u come up with this fact? Hope is not from your Facebook friends ooooooo
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by redhook(m): 8:33am On Apr 29, 2015
Rapmoney:
Sincerely speaking, my Nigerian brothers are falling my hands big time!!!

Often times, I hear people (including the male folks!) Saying 'young women that are successful in their respective careers and probably drive cars are no-go area!' That's a huge sign of inferiority complex and an exhibition of shallow mentality! wink

Is it really an exclusive right for men only to be successful and own cars? Why do we have young women schooling or learning a trade? Is it not to be successful in their chosen careers? Do we expect these women to subject themselves to lack and poverty?

Today, most Nigerian ladies who are successful and unmarried are normally seen as a no-go area for men. They label such women as disrespectful and not submissive under wrong assumptions! This clearly shows a poor mentality of the male folks!!!

Nigerian guys need to live above this poor mentality and accept the fact that becoming successful is not an exclusive right of the male folks...success is all encompassing and can be attained by anyone, irrespective of gender!

Please, feel free to share your views.

Peace! cheesy
.....Bros! Next time don't use YOUR point of view or those around "YOU" that you claim to have "HEARD" from to form a general opinion on a thread! Generalisation is either due to a lack of exposure or experience! No vex, Shalom!

1 Like

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by ceejayluv(m): 8:34am On Apr 29, 2015
Rapmoney:
You should know this is not a universal phenomenon but particular to Nigerian men. What does this show? It shows that Nigerian men are still holding on to that assumption that shows men have the exclusive right to be the successful ones only! That's where am coming from cool
Dude, it's not a Nigerian thing. In fact, there are more dudes nowadays looking for high-earning ladies to marry to escape or alleviate hardship.
That aside, I've heard of a case of a British lady that won a couple of millions of pounds worth of lottery Money. She didn't disclose it to her fiance for weeks, unsure if that'll change the relationship.
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by DollyParton1(f): 8:37am On Apr 29, 2015
misreal:
you sound like a lady that will lock up her husband in a toilet if he is not as moneysom as you are.
Boy next time you quote me, make sure you use your brain. Don't mention me, and post trash like this.
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Tallesty1(m): 8:39am On Apr 29, 2015
Vickybee:

I have a boyfriend, Tallesty.

Been with? I have been with many.
If you mean dated, then only one.
Ok VickyBee.

I no wan fight you this morning.

How are you
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Owliver(m): 8:42am On Apr 29, 2015
silvercute:

Thanks so much for your contributions. I guess OP is an idealist and opens this thread to fan the ego of feminists littered everywhere in the name of ' successful' woman. Women don't possess the mental capacity to provide materially for a home and still feel submissive to the man. Hardly! The more reason God made the woman as a compliment and NOT a copy of the man. With the high rate of divorce in the western world is that not a lingering sign of subversiveness.
Well said man. The OP just wrote a lot of garbage right there. And he knew the ladies will surely dance around him like masquerades dancing around a voodoo shrine.
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Rapmoney(m): 8:43am On Apr 29, 2015
redhook:
.....Bros! Next time don't use YOUR point of view or those around "YOU" that you claim to have "HEARD" from to form a general opinion on a thread! Generalisation is either due to a lack of exposure or experience! No vex, Shalom!
I don't see anything wrong in airing my opinion on a societal issue such as this. You see, most people are just trying to avoid the truth! We still have a long way to go cool

1 Like

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 29, 2015
Sacluxpaint:
My mother's type is very scarce, successful career woman, despite her busy schedule , she still used to find time to cook very delicious soup. And when my dad stopped being the breadwinner for a while, she supported the house very well. In today's society, such women are very rare.
Exactly like me mum too. Infact, my mum use to call girls of this generation "indomie girls", that most of them cannot even pound yam. I have heard from a woman before who mentioned that she cannot pound yam for her husband that If he does not want to eat pondo yam, then he would have to find someone who will pound the yam for him. I really envy my mum, despite being very successful still maintains her humility, cooks very delicious meals and has been an epitome of a virtuous woman.

1 Like

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by remsonik(f): 8:47am On Apr 29, 2015
All of them screaming I am the man are the ones who have got mumu button and act like sissies around their boss's daughter tongue. Yeye

1 Like

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 29, 2015
i wont date/marry any woman without ambition;seriously am addicted to career/successful women,a hardworking babe,i dont need her money.....but that academic degree she earned must be useful.

1 Like

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Tallesty1(m): 8:50am On Apr 29, 2015
Vickybee:

Beyonce, Adichie, Hilary Clinton etc share my view and they have a happy marriage than the so-called non feminists.
Share your view where? In books or personal experience?

Those people write/display what will earn them money and fame.

Their life could be totally different from what they preach.

Set your own path dearie else you will never be No1.

3 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by redhook(m): 8:53am On Apr 29, 2015
Rapmoney:
I don't see anything wrong in airing my opinion on a societal issue such as this. You see, most people are just trying to avoid the truth! We still have a long way to go cool
.....if our journey is still so far? What advise will you give to ARAB men in the middle east and their PROGRESSIVE attitudes to women? So all the men that massively voted for a female candidate in last weekends governorship election in taraba came from yankee? They were not naija guys who wanted to give a sister a chance to improve their lot?
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Rapmoney(m): 8:54am On Apr 29, 2015
Mrdrix:

A Successful woman does not necessary mean does who have made it to the peak in their career. There are other facet of success a woman can attain, like a successful wife, mother etc.
I knew you would come up with this! This is another fallacy!!! That only women who are successful mothers and wife are truly successful! You cannot outrule the financial aspect...a woman that cannot take care of her children if the man is not capable to do that due to circumstances cannot be regarded as a successful mother or wife. In essence, money matters a lot! wink
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Tallesty1(m): 8:56am On Apr 29, 2015
Bluetooth2:

You are the one that's not getting it. I'm not against women empowerment but equality is totally bullshiit when you do everything for her. You paid dowry, cloth her, feed her, house her, do everything for her when she has her money yet you still feel a man doesn't possess any leadership role ? Btw, are you married ?
I doubt if he has a "faithful" girlfriend.grin
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Rapmoney(m): 8:57am On Apr 29, 2015
Blitz888:

Op, I disagree with u intoto.
You're in error for wrongly generalizing that Nigerian men feel inferior to their more successful female counterparts.
The feeling of inferiority or low self-esteem is first an individual thing and should not be generalized.
Secondly, everyone has got his or her class and so it's advisable u marry/mate within your league.
Ultimately, people's respect is not commanded or solicited for but earned.
And lastly, I don't think there is anything trashy about a persons way of life or believe system and who says men in other climes are any different.
I said men in other climes are different. Go check out and you will discover what am saying.
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 29, 2015
Rapmoney:
Thanks for the understanding. I always and will continue to stand for the truth!

What is the truth? That a man should marry a woman who is successful financialĺy because he wants to prove he has high self esteem, even when the woman does not have other good qualities like humility, respect etc. Are you sure you understand what you're saying?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage / Siblings Prank Their 10-Year-Old Sister For Stealing Their Mum's Wine / Bride Gets A Peck From Her Granny (Adorable Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.