Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,247 members, 7,818,839 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

**Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** (29712 Views)

Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. / Man Feels Guilty Everytime His Wife Reigns Curses On The Men Who Raped Her. / Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by lordyugo: 9:04am On Apr 29, 2015
Rapmoney:
I don't see anything wrong in airing my opinion on a societal issue such as this. You see, most people are just trying to avoid the truth! We still have a long way to go cool

d question is y should u use dr way of life (western world)as a parameter or believe its d universally accepted parameter,no doubt d r more advanced bt wen it comes to traditions n customs none is universally accepted. Some one might construe dat as d real inferiority complex ,u succumbing to drs
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Tallesty1(m): 9:04am On Apr 29, 2015
moHot:
it's frustrating when a successful woman is married to or dating a man who is not as successful as she is, because the things she do with the purest intentions will be misinterpreted and that's because of the notion most men hold about rich women.

It's not easy and what makes it more difficult is the inferiority complex of some of the men.

HOW TO EXCEL IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP AS A SUCCESSFUL WOMAN
1)Your 'submissiveness' has to be way more than the woman who is not as successful as her man
2)you have to let and make him be in charge ....make him feel he is in control. (even if he is not) Trust me it works, he has to have a feeling that he can still be head even with all ur wealth
3) you have to know you can't talk to your man the way an average woman would, you can't even say somethings when you are angry; any other woman can be rude to her man and get away with it but a rich woman have to be careful because your fat bank account will be blamed to be responsible for your rudeness .

Even the man who can't control or earn the respect of a woman he feeds will want the woman who can feed herself respect him and surrender herself to be controlled .?

Most times its not about the rich / poor woman respecting you, it's about you earning that respect by being THE MAN.
You made valid points but this line sucks.

So I am inferior if I dislike what other people like?

What happened to choice?

If at all I have inferiority complex then it should be about my superiority complex. In other words, I have inferiority complex about my superiority complex, I know I am better than them all and I feel bad about it.
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by croSStodds(m): 9:16am On Apr 29, 2015
Honestly,some bunch of pathetic eccentric loons keep indicting hodgepodge of mumbo-jumbo devoid of any iota of sense in it.this fact is perspicuously ostensible,isn't it?yet,d likes of *******dy keep typing trash and craps.anyway,that's none of my business.I'll better leave them to keep rollicking in their pool of incessant foolhardiness ad infinitum..mtcheeew!!.orchestrate a cyber-tussle with me and u'll regret it..sayonara!!
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 29, 2015
Tallesty1:
I doubt if he has a "faithful" girlfriend.grin

It is easier said than done. When he finally finds himself in that institution, he will learn better and that was why I specifically asked him.
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by U2ice(m): 9:22am On Apr 29, 2015
bukatyne:
Nigerian society measure the headship or 'goodness' of a husband based on his pocket.

They also see the headship as a license to do as they wish aka unquestionable grin

A typical Nigerian husband wants to be the 'head' So his pockets has to be heavier than that of his wife.

A number of women do not want to marry a husband that is not the 'head' cheesy

Some of the women who earn higher are also very heady too

Chai....1million likes 4u
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by queensmith: 9:22am On Apr 29, 2015
Emdeejay:

Queensmith I would like for you to see this. I have no strength to reply

lol im late to the conversation!

I will read from the beginning smiley!
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Missmossy(f): 9:30am On Apr 29, 2015
I concur, Nigerian men are really use to the assertion that such women are often proud and as such won't be submissive. It really goes beyond all of that i must confess Such mentality needs a big change grin
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Rapmoney(m): 9:35am On Apr 29, 2015
Mrdrix:

What is the truth? That a man should marry a woman who is successful financialĺy because he wants to prove he has high self esteem, even when the woman does not have other good qualities like humility, respect etc. Are you sure you understand what you're saying?
This is one dumb stuff! People just feel all successful women are disrespectful and not submissive!!!
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Jagabanthelion: 9:36am On Apr 29, 2015
cococandy:
I lost a few brain cells reading this poo. So punishing oneself taking public transport, begging for lifts everywhere when you can afford a car is a sign of humility? And that's something that a man with functioning brain finds attractive?

Who did this to you people? angry angry angry
Like the most retardedd shyt I've ever heard in my life.

Wait she even needs a man's consent to buy a car with her own money.

I feel like I get stupider every second I spend on nairaland because here's like the den for propagating the most stupid things ever spouted in the history of mankind and maybe if one is not careful this foolishness might be contagious.

U ignored the first two scenarios and capitalized on the third abi? Take your feminism elsewhere miss. U can get a visa and fly out to where u will meet your likes.This is Nigeria and that is reality. They are happily married and she is now happier at work. wheneva I visit banks,I see this "marry me please" look on the faces of these female career bankers who 'forgot' to get married while chasing money and promotions. If only they knew how their affluent lifestyles scare men away. Ask Oprah winfrey your role model why with all her billions,she has no husband or children,only dogs and cats.I hope u marry a lawyer,so once u start ur feminist madness,he will know how best to get divorce papers.

4 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by vizkiz: 9:38am On Apr 29, 2015
Missmossy:
I concur, Nigerian men are really use to the assertion that such women are often proud and as such won't be submissive. It really goes beyond all of that i must confess Such mentality needs a big change grin

its actually true...seen so many weird attitude women like that give their husband especially when they are having misunderstandings
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by queensmith: 9:44am On Apr 29, 2015
hensben:
Mr have you ask yourself why there is high rate of divorce in western world...too much liberty to the female folks, of course, women misinterprete liberty and over use it, they see it as an opportunity. To deal with male folks.

*sigh*

It's unfortunate Nairaland is such a popular website, people reading these comments will assume all Nigerians have such myopic views.

Emdeejay I equally have no strength for this nonsense early in the morning prior to my 4 mugs of coffee.

Who told this Muppet head the high rate of divorce surpasses the whole of the 'western world' what made this mumu assume it was countries with greater womens rights that have high divorce rates? What makes him assume divorce is low in Nigeria? Is it because they don't have data?

What should we even begin with? The fact that alot of women lack the funding to divorce their husbands? Does that compute to a successful marriage? That many lack the social standing and literacy needed to proceed with litigation? That the Nigerian customs and traditions leave women in the bondage of abusive marriages? Is that what he is celebrating in the name of his developing country having assumed 'lower' divorce rates?

Under what rock do these people crawl out from - women have misinterpreted the liberty which is our right to decent lives though we are not born with pen**es? We have no work to do in this world hence our primary duty is looking for opportunities to 'deal with you'?

This is what you used all the brain cells in that skull of yours to conclude? I weep for humanity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Defcon1(m): 9:47am On Apr 29, 2015
At the end of the day, you marry who you are comfortable with, with or without money.
I don't see anything bad in a man feeling he would not be comfortable with a certain type of woman.
ls it inferiority complex if a woman chooses not to marry a man in the entertainment industry, because they are perceived as womanizers??

It's just personal preference.
l don't see any inferiority complex there at all.
This piece is just personal opinion, with hasty generalization.

1 Like

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by hensben(m): 9:54am On Apr 29, 2015
queensmith:

*sigh*

It's unfortunate Nairaland is such a popular website, people reading these comments will assume all Nigerians have such myopic views.

Emdeejay I equally have no strength for this nonsense early in the morning prior to my 4 mugs of coffee.

Who told this Muppet head the high rate of divorce surpasses the whole of the 'western world' what made this mumu assume it was countries with greater womens rights that have high divorce rates? What makes him assume divorce is low in Nigeria? Is it because they don't have data?

What should we even begin with? The fact that alot of women lack the funding to divorce their husbands? Does that compute to a successful marriage? That many lack the social standing and literacy needed to proceed with litigation? That the Nigerian customs and traditions leave women in the bondage of abusive marriages? Is that what he is celebrating in the name of his developing country having assumed 'lower' divorce rates?

Under what rock do these people crawl out from - women have misinterpreted the liberty which is our right to decent lives though we are not born with pen**es? We have no work to do in this world hence our primary duty is looking for opportunities to 'deal with you'?

This is what you used all the brain cells in that skull of yours to conclude? I weep for humanity.
Don't be angry, it was a skip of brain I made that statement...#sorry ehn.
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 29, 2015
Tallesty1:
Share your view where? In books or personal experience?

Those people write/display what will earn them money and fame.

Their life could be totally different from what they preach.

Set your own path dearie else you will never be No1.
I've set my own path and I'm a feminist. undecided

1 Like

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 29, 2015
Tallesty1:
Ok VickyBee. I no wan fight you this morning. How are you
I'm good o
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by LordDecency(m): 10:16am On Apr 29, 2015
True Fact......
yhu didn't Add that of Tall Ladies too....
Cox most quyx find it Hard 2 Communicate 2 Ladies Taller Than 'Em.

Nice 1
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by topemirates(m): 10:31am On Apr 29, 2015
Have read so many comments on here but d truth is, dating or marrying a more successful woman isn't d the problem but the major problem lies with the woman's attitude, character n belief... Here, respect, understanding and love sure plays a vital role...

Heard of a story, dunno if it's true or not...

The wife practically is d bread winner of d house, tho the husband is working but the wife is extremely richer than him...

The mansion they live in was built by the woman...

So, one day the mother-in-law came visiting from the village and the wife who was at home at that moment refused to let her in, the mother called her son to let him know what's happening, the man rushed down from work n d wife refused both of them in, simply stating that she built the house with her own money...

@ op, what comes to your mind here

I'll love to be on a safer side if u know what I'm talking about **my opinion

Cheers!!!

2 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Rapmoney(m): 10:34am On Apr 29, 2015
Missmossy:
Yeah, I am a man but not a partial one cheesy
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by LordDecency(m): 10:36am On Apr 29, 2015
topemirates:
Have read so many comments on here but d truth is, dating or marrying a more successful woman isn't d the problem but the major problem lies with the woman's attitude, character n belief... Here, respect, understanding and love sure plays a vital role...

Heard of a story, dunno if it's true or not...

The wife practically is d bread winner of d house, tho the husband is working but the wife is extremely richer than him...

uhmmm. ..Such d0 happen

The mansion they live in was built by the woman...

So, one day the mother-in-law came visiting from the village and the wife who was at home at that moment refused to let her in, the mother called her son to let him know what's happening, the man rushed down from work n d wife refused both of them in, simply stating that she built the house with her own money...

@ op, what comes to your mind here

I'll love to be on a safer side if u know what I'm talking about **my opinion

Cheers!!!
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by bukatyne(f): 10:48am On Apr 29, 2015
DarryOsh:

in fact, you gave given a perfect analysis of the issue. Cheers!

Thanks
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by dharamanil(m): 10:49am On Apr 29, 2015
Be realistic mahn!! This description of inferiority complex on applies to guyz who drives a corrola and can woo a babe in a range but not to them guyz who jumpz bike bustop to bustop trying to woo a babe who pulls a BMX6..

For the latter to work, the guy has to possess some really really really unique qualities that l make m stand out,

2 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by corektchic: 10:57am On Apr 29, 2015
cococandy:
my dear you will only feel inferior if you're really inferior as a person compared to Your partner. Money or not.
So if a guy feels inferior to his woman, he's probably truly inferior.

If you're a great quality person, even the one with money will respect you willingly or unwillingly.
You will just command the respect without trying to.
Wish i could share ds a hundred tyms. This is just d truth. I knw a man in my area whos just an average man, very hones, discipline n most importantly wise. Everybody likes to b in his good books because hes full of ideas n solutions. Hes nearly indispensable. So money isnt everything yu nid to gain respect. If ur responsible, respect ursef n u will b wirshipped by ur wife.
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Rapmoney(m): 11:00am On Apr 29, 2015
Tallesty1:
You made valid points but this line sucks.

So I am inferior if I dislike what other people like?

What happened to choice?

If at all I have inferiority complex then it should be about my superiority complex. In other words, I have inferiority complex about my superiority complex, I know I am better than them all and I feel bad about it.
Seriously speaking, ur reasoning is very poor!!! How are you better than women? Just listen to yourself! That you are 'better' than women? Sorry, you have absolutely nothing sensible to say!

2 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Rapmoney(m): 11:25am On Apr 29, 2015
Defcon1:
At the end of the day, you marry who you are comfortable with, with or without money.
I don't see anything bad in a man feeling he would not be comfortable with a certain type of woman.
ls it inferiority complex if a woman chooses not to marry a man in the entertainment industry, because they are perceived as womanizers??

It's just personal preference.
l don't see any inferiority complex there at all.
This piece is just personal opinion, with hasty generalization.
It could be a personal opinion but it wasn't generalized hastily!
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 29, 2015
also, 'successful' women who can't ask a man out posses inferiority complex. In my opinion, any woman who can't walk up to a man majestically and ask him out is suffering from inferiority complex.

1 Like

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by AdeniyiA(m): 11:36am On Apr 29, 2015
Inferiority complex,like fear of failure, could also become a driving force to achieving greatness

1 Like

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by AdeniyiA(m): 11:36am On Apr 29, 2015
bukatyne:
Nigerian society measure the headship or 'goodness' of a husband based on his pocket.

They also see the headship as a license to do as they wish aka unquestionable grin

A typical Nigerian husband wants to be the 'head' So his pockets has to be heavier than that of his wife.

See me see wahala oo, a lady wants a man who would be 'head', she also, being a big earner becomes heady,
Note of warning : head pass head o, nd one dey break at d contact with the other angry
cheesy

1 Like

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Defcon1(m): 11:45am On Apr 29, 2015
Rapmoney:
It could be a personal opinion but it wasn't generalized hastily!

All right.
So why conclude that Nigerian men not comfortable with high-flying women are plagued with low mentality??

People who marry into super rich families are termed gold diggers.
People who refuse to marry from another ethnic group because of culture and language barriers are termed bigots

These are all clichés /stereotypes
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by stpat1(m): 11:52am On Apr 29, 2015
The problem I have with this post is the "Nigerian Men" cos it's a world wide problem. So stop labeling it a Nigerian thing.
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Tallesty1(m): 11:52am On Apr 29, 2015
Rapmoney:
Seriously speaking, ur reasoning is very poor!!! How are you better than women? Just listen to yourself! That you are 'better' than women? Sorry, you have absolutely nothing sensible to say!
Sorry but you conclude like a fool. Where did I mention women in my comment? I said that I am better than them(You and your likes who think that whoever that doesn't want the type of woman you like has inferiority complex).

Who's senseless here? There are 36 states in this country, I doubt if you have been to 8 of them yet you are spewing this trash about Nigerian men. What do you know about them?

Talking about inferiority complex, is it we that know what we want that are inferior or you and your likes that are imitating the westerners? If we all black should become like the whites then who will be like the blacks?

Grow up first, marry a wife then come and tell us from your experience.

Hopefully you will make sense.

3 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by misreal(m): 11:53am On Apr 29, 2015
DollyParton1:

Boy next time you quote me, make sure you use your brain. Don't mention me, and post trash like this.
lol.sorry madam
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by hopeforcharles(m): 11:57am On Apr 29, 2015
bukatyne:

You are quite unbiased in your post, me I am looking for a successful woman oh, if you know one send her my way, I have my own dough too so she cannot intimidate me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage / Siblings Prank Their 10-Year-Old Sister For Stealing Their Mum's Wine / What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.