Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,292 members, 7,850,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:15 PM

Did Jesus Really Know That Judas Will Betray Him? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Really Know That Judas Will Betray Him? (6598 Views)

Judas Will Make Heaven Matthew 19vs28 / Is Jesus Really God? / Is JESUS Really The Decendant Of King DAVID. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Jesus Really Know That Judas Will Betray Him? by mnwankwo(m): 5:33pm On Mar 25, 2009
@Mad_Max

Mad_Max:

You mentioned that the universe is proof that God exists. Would you elaborate on that? As an aside,what do you think of the UFO sighting/alien abduction phenomena?

Hi. How are you? Find below my views to the issues you raised.

Yes, all creations of which the physical universes are the last provide evidence that God exists. The creations of God are simply various conformations of the power of God. Thus by studying Gods creations, one will come to an understanding of the will of God, and by understanding the will of God, one will come to the recognition of God. Just like a work defines the talent of the author, creations are living testament to the existence of the creator. Thus in a grain of corn, a human being, a forest, in a solar system, galaxies, universes etc are various reflections of the images or likeness of the images of God. It is not difficult to fathom this. All that one needs is to ask the fundamental question; How did all these creations originate and who created the creations? Simple thinking will lead one to see that the universe and its creatures did not create itself and neither did they arise from nothing. Take human beings that have consciousness and awareness. A particle or collition of particles that has no awareness or consciousness would not have created  the diversity of life such that awareness, consciousness are present in human beings. Simply put, intelligent and selfcounscious life as we can observe in humans could not have arisen from a process or event or singularity which lacks iintelligence and awareness. The faculties of intelligence,consciousness self-consciousness in human beings are very clear evidence that an omnipotent, and omniscience Being is responsible for the creation of humans and indeed all creations. Science speaks of the laws of Nature but it is not enough to concern oneself with only the laws of Nature. One should concern himself with the origin or rather the author of the laws of Nature or the power that created nature and created the laws that maintains and develops nature. All the unsolved mysteries of science will be solved if science goes beyond studying the manifestation of Nature but also studies the power that is the manifestation and makes the manifestation possible in the first place. That invincible power which is every where but which neither science or creatures can measure even though they use it every second is the power of God. I am confident that as science delves deeper into the nature of what constitutes subatomic particles, it will get closer to the fundamental building blocks of the physical and non-physical universes. The fundamental building block of the universe is a gradation of the power of God  called spirit and this spirit is further sub-graded in billions of ways. When these spirits envelope themselves in material substances, they do manifest as atoms, and subatomic particles or what science generally refer to as energy. So far science has been studying the material envelopes covering the spirit core and hopefully one day, scientists that are not bound to space and time will penetrate the spirit core and I predict that many theories as we know it today will be upturned. The missing gaps in all scientific theories including that of biological evolution are simply because the creator of the universe and his power is not factored into these scientific theories. For instance it should be clear to an unbiased observer that natural selection alone cannot account for the significant changes in pre-existing gene pool that leads to new speciation. It is the power of God that determine speciation. But going into this will divert from your question and since evolution is such an emotive subject, I will for the time being avoid explaining how the power of God created and controls biological evolution. Thus one who looks beyond the material manifestations of all creations and its creatures will see beyond the envelopes or shadows and see the core which is spirit that was and is  created by God. Thus the path to the recognition of God lies in uncovering or removing the envelopes that masks the power of God. When the spirit is recognised, then the path to recognising the almighty God is open and that recognition of God is the highest grace that can be bestowed on a creature.

I got to stop here as I have something to attend to. I will give you my views on UFO and alien abduction later on. Stay blessed.
Re: Did Jesus Really Know That Judas Will Betray Him? by MadMax1(f): 7:32pm On Mar 29, 2009
Specifics would be nice. Still,you know all this how? What are your sources, if you don't mind my asking?The power of God controls evolution.Hmmm.The thought that a species might have evolved mechanisms to deal with and adapt to its environment disturbs me not at all. But that's as far as I go with evolution. I don't believe human beings evolved from some industrious single-celled organism. Did we evolve a spirit as well? You believe God created man by evolution, don't you?
All the unsolved mysteries of science will be solved if science goes beyond studying the manifestation of Nature but also studies the power that is the manifestation and makes the manifestation possible in the first place. How on earth can science study the power that makes the manifestation possible in the first place? Physics studies the interactions of energy with matter,biology studies the minute processes of life and death, and chemistry studies the chemical properties of substances. Most scientist don't even believe in the existence of a 'power'.

The Grail Message's sort of your holy book, isn't it? I mean, in the sense of a publication that outlines one's religious beliefs. I mentioned I read it in my teens. Some parts were very intriguing, others were patently unconvincing.I only have dim recall. But I vaguely recollect the author lectures you but cites few sources and authorities himself. He teaches but appears to expect one to take his word for it,on a number of issues. I'm not sure any man has the right to demand so much of others.

I read someplace we only use 10% or so of our brain.I amuse myself imagining what the other whopping 90% is capable of. Superhuman feats that are superhuman only because they'd be new, but if we'd been using a 100% per cent all along, would be pedestrian? Sometimes I think there are aspects of the unaccesed 90% that would enable us to plainly see and interact with the spirit world. Perhaps synapses misfired and some 'insane' people were merely pushed into unknown brain territory. After all, 'sanity' and 'insanity' are slippery concepts. Carl Jung, who knew first hand there's a spirit world because he experimented so much with it, wrote Psychology and the Occult. He made a remarkable statement: That some of his personal, very real and solid experiences of the spirit world is dark matter found only in the insane, the stuff of psychosis.

I'm digressing. What are your thoughts on aliens and UFOs? Do you think were the only form of 'life' in the universe?Perhaps there's life out there that isn't carbon based. You know, life forms stranger than anything we can imagine. The Bible didn't say humans were the only beings he made,and the universe is certainly large enough. We only know the tiniest fraction of the Milky Way,our galaxy. There are untold billions of galaxies in the universe. Is there some unfallen race out there? Are there fallen races that float like balloons and exist on, oh I don't know, wooficus biscuits? Would they need salvation too? Of course you can't say for sure. Or can you? But your thoughts would be nice.
Re: Did Jesus Really Know That Judas Will Betray Him? by mnwankwo(m): 1:42pm On Mar 30, 2009
@Mad_Max

I address the issues you raised and that of UFO below

Specifics would be nice. Still,you know all this how? What are your sources, if you don't mind my asking?The power of God controls evolution.Hmmm.The thought that a species might have evolved mechanisms to deal with and adapt to its environment disturbs me not at all. But that's as far as I go with evolution. I don't believe human beings evolved from some industrious single-celled organism. Did we evolve a spirit as well? You believe God created man by evolution, don't you?

How I come to know what I post is not important in my opinion since the words should be examined and readers should use their spirits to arrive at a judgement of what is stated. However since you have specifically asked for my sources. I will give you that as I have said many times when discussants ask about it. I draw from the work "In The Light of Truth-The Grail Message". Living according to the Grail Message has opened the faculties of spirits allowing me to experience the laws of God and its manifestations in various planes of existence in real time. My answer to people who always ask "How are you sure that what you experienced is the Truth" is that they should try to live according to the commandments of God which Jesus has summed up when he said "Love God with all your heart and Love your neighbour as yourself" If any person strives to live according to this commandment, the faculties of his or her spirits will open and such a person will have the same experience that I have. In summary, obedience to this supreme commandment is the key to unlocking the spiritual faculties and an awakened spiritual faculties can easily grasp the truth or otherwise in any event or circumstanstance.

Biological evolution came into existence by the power of God and is maintained by the power of God. Yes, I believe that evolution is a manifestation of the will of God but that manifestation is quite different in several respects from what science has been able to piece together. But for the moment I will not go into details of these things since the time for it has not come. The spirit as a living specie was and is created by God. Thus the spirit is a living specie and cannot change into another specie. However the human or physical body is not a living specie but coverings or envelopes for living species created by God. Living species, that is, species that have inherent life and are self animating are subject to development but the coverings or evelopes of these species have no life in itself, and are subject to evolution. Thus the spirit is subject to development but cannot evolve into another species. Thus the human spirit cannot evolve into an archangel, an angel, a created spirit, a divine being etc.

All the unsolved mysteries of science will be solved if science goes beyond studying the manifestation of Nature but also studies the power that is the manifestation and makes the manifestation possible in the first place. How on earth can science study the power that makes the manifestation possible in the first place? Physics studies the interactions of energy with matter,biology studies the minute processes of life and death, and chemistry studies the chemical properties of substances.  Most scientist don't even believe in the existence of a 'power'.

Sometime in future, science will be able to go beyound matter. Their will be a new science and  Holy Spirit will be the leader of this new science. Thus science as is practiced today will cease to exist. God and his sons Jesus and the Holy Spirit will let all creatures into the mysteries of all creations. Thus my reference to science refers to this new science. I can not speak for other scientists but for me, years of research on genes and how the work have deepened my conviction in the omniscience and omnipotence of God.

The Grail Message's sort of your holy book, isn't it? I mean, in the sense of a publication that outlines one's religious beliefs. I mentioned I read it in my teens. Some parts were very intriguing, others were patently unconvincing.I only have dim recall. But I vaguely recollect the author lectures you but cites few sources and authorities himself. He teaches but appears to expect one to take his word for it,on a number of issues. I'm not sure any man has the right to demand so much of others.

Yes the Grail Message is the source that I draw from. No, the author of the Grail Message did not ask readers to take his word for it. The author demands that readers should examine his words with their spirit and arrive at their own judjement. The Grail Message is the proof of identity of the author.  Those interested should examine it and arrive at their own judjement. I have examined the Grail Message for over two decades and I am absolutely certain that it is a revelation of the the eternal Truth.  This conviction is personal to me and I have no intention to convince others about it.

I read someplace we only use 10% or so of our brain.I amuse myself imagining what the other whopping 90% is capable of. Superhuman feats that are superhuman only because they'd be new, but if we'd been using a 100% per cent all along, would be pedestrian? Sometimes I think there are aspects of the unaccesed 90% that would enable us to plainly see and interact with the spirit world. Perhaps synapses misfired and some 'insane' people were merely pushed into unknown brain territory. After all, 'sanity' and 'insanity' are slippery concepts. Carl Jung, who knew first hand there's a spirit world because he experimented so much with it, wrote Psychology and the Occult. He made a remarkable statement: That some of his personal, very real and solid experiences of the spirit world is dark matter found only in the insane, the stuff of psychosis

Spiritual experiences are independent of the brain. The brain is only needed to condence the spiritual experiences to forms that are understandable within the material concepts of time and space and also take material experiences and transform it into forms that can be relayed back to the spirit  The Grail Message reveals that the human brain as it is today is distorted and this distortion is the root of of all the evils and incapacities in man of today and that include diseases of all kinds, short life span, propensity for evil, unreliability of dreams, inability to understand the will of God etc Grail Message refers to this distortion of the human brain as the hereditary sin. Details of how Lucifer (satan) initiated this distortion of the brain, what parts of the brain were distorted, how the distortion came to be inherited and how the brain distortion can be cured and the hereditary sin atoned for can be found in the Grail Message.

I'm digressing. What are your thoughts on aliens and UFOs? Do you think were the only form of 'life' in the universe?Perhaps there's life out there that isn't carbon based. You know, life forms stranger than anything we can imagine. The Bible didn't say humans were the only beings he made,and the universe is certainly large enough. We only know the tiniest fraction of the Milky Way,our galaxy. There are untold billions of galaxies in the universe.  Is there some unfallen race out there? Are there fallen races that float like balloons and exist on, oh I don't know, wooficus biscuits? Would they need salvation too? Of course you can't say for sure. Or can you? But your thoughts would be nice.

These are my views and I must state that they are my views based on my intutive sensing and in some cases personal experience. Thus I have no scientific evidence for what I will state their in.

Their are genuine cases of UFO. What I will say concern those genuine cases where falsehood, natural or pschological explanations have been eliminated. In these genuine cases, there are two explanations, one is that those who experienced it are experiencing non- material events with non material faculties and second is that they are experencing a materialization of a non-material event with their material faculties of perception.

In a plane of medium matter often refered as astral plane lies the abode of unidentified flying objects. The astral plane cannot be seen by physical organs of perception but by astral facuties of perception which all human beings carry in addition to their physical bodies. The space ships are made of astral substance by human beings who have departed this earth and are entrapped in the astral plane (often unknown to them). Such aliens are quite similar to science fiction writers on earth and indeed were former science fiction writers or ethusiasists while on earth except that they have no physical body but are capable of creating an astral envelope just by an act of will.  In laboratories in the astral plane, these astral science fiction ethusiasiasts taste out their theories and develop models that are in some cases millions of light years more advanced than what we have on earth. The reason is simply because the astral substance is at a higher level of vibration and it is easier to mould them into forms of any kind. Even though they have advanced technologies, they lack the material substance and thus they look for opportunity where they can use human beings still in physical bodies to taste their technologies and science, hence the so called UFO encounter and alien abduction.

Thus in many cases, the astral faculties of men and women on earth are temporarily opened by these departed human spirits (UFO) and they have an experience in the astral plane. However since the astral body in an earthly human being experiences through the physical body, it appears to them that such experience is physical. The clue to the non-physical of these experiences lies in the observation that their is no physical evidence left. Thus in abductess who claims that they were operated by aliens, no evidence of physical surgery is found because the surgery was done in his or her astral body which only people with genuine claivoyant abilities can also see.

In some very few cases, the astral shell and the space ships that the aliens use can undergo densification such that an astral substance has consistency similar to physical matter albeit temporarily and in this case people can experience the UFO and the aliens on this earth without an opening of the astral faculties. Such densification can leave some physical trails like body marks on those that encounter it, physical fire etc. However it is not possible to get the aliens or their space ship because the densification allows only a temporal perception of UFO by people but not a permanent materialization. A permanent materialization of an atral substance is impossible and I do not think it is necessary at this point to explain why.  The figure of the human being as we know it today is the coarset reproduction of what the human spirit looks like. In other words the human spirit is in the likeness of the image of God and this likeness is reflected also in the human body. That means that the human body as we know it is the same no matter which part of creation the human being resides. Thus those fanciful pictures people have of aliens are wrong but it is also possible that the human beings that manifest as UFOs can envelop themselves in grotesque astral shell.

The earth is not the only place where their are human beings in flesh and blood. I believe that their are seven universes (I have no scientific evidence for this) and what science know of today is just one universe. In our galaxy and several other galaxies in our universe and other six universes, their are earthlike planets where human beings like us live. Some of these planets housing humans in flesh and blood are at a higher or lower cycle of development compared to our earth. Some has already undergone the last judjement and have ceased to exist, while some are so new that fresh human spirit seed germs from paradise are still being incarnated in them. My perception is that it is not possible for human beings in these earthlike planets to have contact while still in physical bodies because their cycle of development is so varied and the laws of God does not permit a contact where their is unbridgeable gap between the development of earthlike planets and its inhabitants including humans. Equally, it is my view that interstellar, inter-galactic and inter-universe travel is an impossiblity while still in flesh. However when one has departed this life and have returned to heaven he or she can be permitted by God to be a helper  to human beings who are still developing in new and old earth like planents in our universe and other universes.

Their are uncountable number of creatures of God and man is just one of them and  among the smallest even though he imagines himself great. Some creatures of God that are higher than man are so big that they can hold our earth in the palm of their hands and in some cases even our entire universe. It is only ignorance that makes man think that he is great and with a little effort can become a son of God or God. I got to stop here for now. Stay blessed.
Re: Did Jesus Really Know That Judas Will Betray Him? by Truth11: 5:11am On Apr 01, 2009
m_nwankwo:

I think I have given enough reasons why sacrifice of animal, human or even the blood of the physical body of the son of God is evil. I have also given reasons why the crucifixtion of Jesus is a crime commited against God and why the death of Jesus did not bring redemption. But then people are free to believe whatever the wish to. Stay blessed.

mn: this is your interpretation, not what the Bible says. Crucifixtion of Jesus is not a crime against God. This was planned by God and nothing planned by God is evil. The heavens acknowledge that the blood of the Son of God, Jesus, was required for the redemption of man. Heavens acknowledge that Jesus brought about the salvation of those who believe through his blood.
And they sang a new song: "You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased men for God from every tribe and language and people and nation.
You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth." Rev 5

Lamb that was slain from the creation of the world. Rev 13:8

For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake. 1Pet 1:18-20

Without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness of sins, and without the sacrifice of Christ, there was no way a sinful man could ever go to heaven and stand before the God who lives in unapproachable light.

In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness. , For Christ did not enter a man-made sanctuary that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God's presence. Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, the way the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own. Then Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But now he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself. Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him. Heb 9:22-29

Blessings
Re: Did Jesus Really Know That Judas Will Betray Him? by Truth11: 6:26am On Apr 01, 2009
m_nwankwo:

However hell is not eternal for it is the work of man and not a divine institution.

MN:
Your interpretation is incorrect. The Bible says Hell is eternal and the punishment eternal forever. 

And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever. ,  The lake of fire is the second death. If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire. Rev 20:10-15

m_nwankwo:
Hell came into existence as a result of the misapplication of the neutral power of God by man.

If heaven is for man what is devil doing in it? What was the punishment for devil's rebellion? Heaven was created for devil, man has been an addition.

m_nwankwo:
The evil volitions of men took on form and became hell. A description of the horrors in these dark regions will be regarded as flight of fancy or fiction. Thus there is no point in reproducing real life description of what happens in hell. 

MN: you are in error as you dont know the scriptures. Listen to what the Bible has to say about hell. This portion refers to torment, heat, agony, fire. There is also repentance, but its too late to repent in hell, repentance after death means nothing. It has to be now and here.
In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.' "But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.' Luke 16:23-26

m_nwankwo:
Souls remain in hell as long as they are still following their evil passions. It is however possible to still repent in hell although it is very much more difficult than on earth. Some few souls manage to repent in hell. Thus their is unbelievable torment in hell but the torment of the souls are not eternal except the souls refuse to repent. In this later case they remain trapped in hell until t hell comes into the judjement of God and is disintegrated and human souls trapped in hell will also be dinintegrated, that is they cease to exist, that is effacement from the book of life.
Not true message by MN. The punishment of hell is eternal. Repentance in hell has no meaning nor redemption. There is no such thing as disintegrating and effacement of souls. Hell and torment are eternal according to the Bible.

On the actual thread: Yes, Jesus did know Judas will betray him. He said this to the disciples even at the last supper that one of you will betray me. There are other references to show he knew this and he knew all things about men.
Re: Did Jesus Really Know That Judas Will Betray Him? by mnwankwo(m): 10:47am On Apr 01, 2009
Truth11:

mn: this is your interpretation, not what the Bible says. Crucifixtion of Jesus is not a crime against God. This was planned by God and nothing planned by God is evil. The heavens acknowledge that the blood of the Son of God, Jesus, was required for the redemption of man. Heavens acknowledge that Jesus brought about the salvation of those who believe through his blood.
And they sang a new song: "You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased men for God from every tribe and language and people and nation.
You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth." Rev 5

Lamb that was slain from the creation of the world. Rev 13:8

For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake. 1Pet 1:18-20

Without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness of sins, and without the sacrifice of Christ, there was no way a sinful man could ever go to heaven and stand before the God who lives in unapproachable light.

In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness. , For Christ did not enter a man-made sanctuary that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God's presence. Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, the way the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own. Then Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But now he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself. Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him. Heb 9:22-29

Blessings

You are entiltled to your own opinion or belief and I respect that. I have stated my position on the murder of the son of God in previous posts and there is nothing to add or remove from what I have said. It is not my intention to dispute or argue with believers. I simply offer my experiencing of the will of God when discussants pose serious questions about God and his Will. Let each discussants decide for himself or herself what to make of my submissions. I am indifferent to what readers make of my submissions. Thus, it is the choice of readers to accept, reject, dispute, or ignore my submissions. Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Really Know That Judas Will Betray Him? by Truth11: 11:15am On Apr 01, 2009
m_nwankwo:

You are entiltled to your own opinion or belief and I respect that. I have stated my position on the murder of the son of God in previous posts and there is nothing to add or remove from what I have said. It is not my intention to dispute or argue with believers. I simply offer my experiencing of the will of God when discussants pose serious questions about God and his Will. Let each discussants decide for himself or herself what to make of my submissions. I am indifferent to what readers make of my submissions. Thus, it is the choice of readers to accept, reject, dispute, or ignore my submissions. Stay blessed.

MN:
I appreciate your respect towards others, I reciprocate the same towards you. It was necessary to clarify some of your posts which divorced from the Bible on the subject of hell, the sacrifice of Christ and salvation.

It is also necessary for me to clarify that what I posted was the word of God, the Bible, and not just my belief and opinion. What you have stated but is your own opinion or belief and no word to support it.

Blessings,
Re: Did Jesus Really Know That Judas Will Betray Him? by Truth11: 7:17am On Apr 02, 2009
Posted by: m_nwankwo
No, Jesus did not ressurrect in the same body he was killed.

MN: your statement is not true.

The Bible tells that Jesus resurrected int he same body he was killed. In the passage below the disciples saw only the strips of linen lying there, no body:
So Peter and the other disciple started for the tomb. 4Both were running, but the other disciple outran Peter and reached the tomb first. 5He bent over and looked in at the strips of linen lying there but did not go in. 6Then Simon Peter, who was behind him, arrived and went into the tomb. He saw the strips of linen lying there, 7as well as the burial cloth that had been around Jesus' head. The cloth was folded up by itself, separate from the linen. 8Finally the other disciple, who had reached the tomb first, also went inside. He saw and believed. 9(They still did not understand from Scripture that Jesus had to rise from the dead. John 20:3-9

To Thomas he asked to feel the places where he was nailed and bruised on the cross to prove it was the same body and same Jesus who died on the cross.
Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."

Salvation through Christ is the very basis of Christianity, otherwise there is no redemption for man.
Re: Did Jesus Really Know That Judas Will Betray Him? by Truth11: 7:44am On Apr 02, 2009
Posted by: m_nwankwo
The murder of Jesus is the most heineious crime ever commited by man, since it is a crime directed personally against the son of God. Thus the murder of Jesus is a sin against God personally, it did not atone for any of mankinds sin but burdened mankind with a sacrilegious crime.

MN: This is wrong interpretation.

The Bible says the death and crucifixtion of Jesus was planned and prophesied in eternity and this fulfilled scriptures, which means this was the way it was meant to be. Even casting a lot for his clothes was prophesied hundreds of years before.
23When the soldiers crucified Jesus, they took his clothes, dividing them into four shares, one for each of them, with the undergarment remaining. This garment was seamless, woven in one piece from top to bottom.

24"Let's not tear it," they said to one another. "Let's decide by lot who will get it."
This happened that the scripture might be fulfilled which said,
"They divided my garments among them
and cast lots for my clothing." So this is what the soldiers did. John 19:23-24

Again the Bible says this was to fulfil the scriptures which was foretold many hundreds of years ago.
36These things happened so that the scripture would be fulfilled: "Not one of his bones will be broken," 37and, as another scripture says, "They will look on the one they have pierced." John 19:36-37

Blessings,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pope Calls For Respect Between Christians And Muslims / What Do You Know About 'the Reformed Ogboni Fraternity'?(photos) / Between ISIS And The Moderate Muslims, Who Is The Genuine Follower Of Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.