Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,734 members, 7,831,336 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT (57041 Views)

Emeka Ephraim Ugwuonye Barred From Legal Practice In Nigeria / Revealed: Reason Buhari Is Yet To Move Into Aso Rock - Breaking Times / Buhari Barred Osinbajo From Security Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 28, 2015
Eureka123:
One of my Facebook friend writes:

If you are among those who blocked and unfriended peope because they supported Jonathan or did not support Buhari then it is natural for you to excuse and support Buhari's ban on AIT from covering his activities.

If someone is not yet the President and he begins displaying vendetta and you are not worried about this then I have more to fear from you then the President-elect.

Anyone with this type of mentality is too immature for politics. Immaturity in politics does not stem from age or the number of years or information acquisition in politics. No! It is not.8

Politics is a murky game of propaganda, lies, deceit, malicious gossip and so on. If you are someone who only supports one sided malicious gossip especially the one against your opponent but frowns at the one against your preferred candidate, then politics is not meant for you. You should rather take into the military instead.

All the shits and lies that the Fox news peddle against Obama, not once have this nonsense been head. Security safety wetin? Are you the first politician or President-elect that is being lied against by the media?

What about those of Sahara reporters, Premium Times, the nation and co against GEJ and the PDP? I'm sure they are not propagandas but investigative and professional journalism in you eyes, in so far you are an APC and Buhari fan. And of cause these media houses did not constitute a security threat to GEJ and his associates. But it is AIT that is a threat and security to your amala republic General, because AIT is now a terrorist organization abi?

Something dey do una head! If this is what politics has turned some of you into then you are way gone! I do not know if some of you are being sincere or just pretending to be blind?

Let me tell you folks a little history since history was banned by a once upon a time dictator from your school curriculum. I assume if the subject was compulsory as it used to be then, many of you would have understood what dictatorship is and what democracy is not. But the dictator banned it, it seems he knew the benefit and you are an evidence of that benefit.

Buhari Banned "King Cobra", a mere Campus Magazine in Far Away Ile-Ife (UNIFE) now Obafemi Awolowo University, and the his junta claimed that the Students are Planning to Overthrow his Government between 1983-1985.

You must be brushing yourself off and saying "that was different then", "it was Buhari's ghost". Perhaps to claim to ban AIT from covering his activities siting security concerns is a different thing from the former. I hear you clearly, you think very clearly and objectively and I am impressed. Keep it up!

The SUN newspapers during the administration of Obasanjo said all sorts of crazy stuffs about Obj, I do not recall when the sun was banned because of threat to Obj's safety. And one time the sun newspapers captured a photo of Obasanjo holding a copy of their newspaper, headlined "even the president can't help to have a taste of us". Oh I get it! AIT just began becoming an assassination organization after Buhari won the elections.

Mind you, in 2011, Dokpesi was the campaign man for IBB during the PDP primaries. Guess what? They did what every political media would do to their opponents on Jonathan. Perhaps Jonathan was not in a security threat and so there was no need to ban AIT from covering his affairs after he won.

The other time Femi Aribisala was crying that his article was not published by newspapers because the contain criticisms of the APC and the exposure of the election rigging mechanisms they implored in the just concluded elections and some of you began calling him a bad looser and an attention seeker. Perhaps it is when a party inspires riots and burns buildings and kills Youth corpers like in 2011, that how we will know a good looser, abi?

Na so e dey start small small. Person wey dey laugh when dog dey bite him enemy no dey sabi say wan day that sabi go bite him pikin, because to use him teeth don dey sweet am and person been dey applaud am. Ride on! Keep being objective.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 28, 2015
Excellentmind:
It's sad that people in this forum who claim to be educated are supporting this move targeted at repressing freedom of information and expression. Today, it's AIT, tomorrow is which? Is there anyone in this forum that can point out to me what exactly AIT broadcast in the run up to Presidential election that was true about Buhari?

so if the president elect discovers that there are traitors in his cabinet nd for information not to leak he now takes action to bar so Nigeria to move forward, this how u'll come here nd say this shi, AIT is a snitch to Buhari's govt so he can Ban them till discipline is adhere. This was thesame JONA had, he didn't want ppl to complain so he allowed sh!!t, BUT NO MORE SHIIIT!
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by babajero(m): 8:50am On Apr 28, 2015
Using the word malign, the question is, did buhari do the things broadcasted about him or not?. Time will come when he will give audience only to saharareporters because those are the people that will broadcast what ever he wants them to broadcast.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by bakynes(m): 8:51am On Apr 28, 2015
I have read all the comments above me and I must say all you saying GMB did wrong by barring them are so stupi*d. Even if you are going to air anything negative abt him, air negative reports abt his government not air about what killed his Wife and Daughter that is so wrong so fuc*king wrong and goes against all professional ethics of Journalism in this world.
I watched TVC alot I know they support APC bt the most they did was to air negative things Jonathan's Govt was doing not personal family issues. Same with Premium Times and Sahara reporters. If I was in GMB's shoes I wld do worse than just bar them. It is left for GMB to decide if they cover his activities or not just like Jonathan's media team didn't allow TVC cover his own activities too so what's the big deal here.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by 9jatatafo(m): 8:52am On Apr 28, 2015
GMB and APC should know that politics is a dirty game where your deepest and darkest secrets are revealed. There is no foe and no friend in politics. This is democracy, GMB and APC have no right to deny AIT access to information. We have freedom of information in this country.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by skyisthelimit(m): 8:53am On Apr 28, 2015
GMB is still a private citizen..not sworn in yet so let's chill a bit..this is d same way he shunned the public debate because he had a right to,then...as President he becomes public property for criticisms which he must accept..enough of the comparisons as I thought we have all moved on so we can try another chance of rebuilding this country...it's not about GMB or GEJ..these guys are not trying to survive like you and me..i repeat again that where you come from aint the issue..just be seen to be doing the right things the best ways you can..Fashola is not a saint but we all know that his good will is favouring Ambode and TInubu in lagos..Nigerians are learning everyday despite the poverty in the land...APC fought to retain lagos while PDP lost some middle beltern states to their surprise but when the governor of benue refused to pay salaries?..change is the only constant thing,not just in government but in any other area of our private lives.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by bajosky: 8:53am On Apr 28, 2015
#BABAONECHANCE#
need proper orientiation by Gej on FOI .

this action shows that this man Gmbuhadaft is senile & a confirmation of his certificateless personality.

our constitution has granted us freedom of speech .i tot he planned going to court so that we know who is deciving who (ait or gmb?

we will protest if u tamper with our fundamental human right.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by deependemocracy: 8:56am On Apr 28, 2015
No to suppression of press freedom under any guise!If GMB was a private citizen this would have been accepted.
Na clap dey start dance o!
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by sweetgala(m): 8:56am On Apr 28, 2015
fr3do:

AIT should be our last concern, it is not them that are to run the affairs of this country.
It is Buhari's seemingly unchanged hate for free press that is worrying.
GEJ never barred Sahara, by Buhari taking this move he is already taking things for granted and the people should show their displeasure.

I never remembered sahara reporters being granted any access to FG press events or interviews. AIT went after buhari hard with defamation of character , this is wholly justifiable
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by fboycaestro12(m): 8:57am On Apr 28, 2015
fr3do:

AIT should be our last concern, it is not them that are to run the affairs of this country.
It is Buhari's seemingly unchanged hate for free press that is worrying.
GEJ never barred Sahara, by Buhari taking this move he is already taking things for granted and the people should show their displeasure.

Bros Calm down. AIT went as far as airing documentary of his deceased wife and child. Thereby infringing on an individual's privacy. Sahara reporter is not in Nigeria incase you don't know, it's an online station based in Yankee. As an individual you can decide what you like, Why they were able to show that hate documentary was because there was Avenue to get close. Now he's shutting them out now respect his wish.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by 9jatatafo(m): 8:57am On Apr 28, 2015
bakynes:
I have read all the comments above me and I must say all you saying GMB did wrong by barring them are so stupi*d. Even if you are going to air anything negative abt him, air negative reports abt his government not air about what killed his Wife and Daughter that is so wrong so fuc*king wrong and goes against all professional ethics of Journalism in this world.
I watched TVC alot I know they support APC bt the most they did was to air negative things Jonathan's Govt was doing not personal family issues. Same with Premium Times and Sahara reporters. If I was in GMB's shoes I wld do worse than just bar them. It is left for GMB to decide if they cover his activities or not just like Jonathan's media team didn't allow TVC cover his own activities too so what's the big deal here.

If what AIT did is wrong, the right thing for GMB to do is go to a court of law to seek redress. This is democracy and we have freedom of information though I am not in support AIT saying things about GMB's wife and daughter, I totally condemned iit in its entirety.
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Igwezeugo(m): 8:57am On Apr 28, 2015
omenka:
Naah. The dog isn't sleeping, therefore can't lie.

Let AIT go clear its name with NBC since they were indicted for breaching broadcast rules and ethics as stipulated in their code of conduct. After then we can start talking.

They have to be disciplined so someone else, perhaps you, wouldn't become another victim of their shenanigans tomorrow.

I wish the station goes under for good. Only problem is the job losses that would accompany that.
mr man does documentaries ar they lie?
Is Ait saying d truth?
Watch d documentary very well u will see BBC logo there,is BBC dt release it to Ait
U do bad thing and Ait air it and u said is an abomination
Didn't he jail d woman?
Didn't he flog teachers?
Didn't he do house arrest to Awolowo?
Wat is ur problem?
Wat of sahara and channeltv
Hv they bar?

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by dasensible1(m): 8:57am On Apr 28, 2015
lordkrato:

Hmm.. Thought you where silly but this takes the cake.. And who are the idiots liking this bland comment?? !!

Kindly tell us, you dumb sucker who is the shining light of our media and broadcasting?

Channels television, 9 times best TV station on the bounce
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 28, 2015
Codedrunscom:

What has happened to your shameless disgusting stinking lowlife Oba of a man who was calling for genocide against Igbos ?

Are you beginning to see how silly and selective your thoughts are ?
this thesame discipline we talking about,

1. Checkout how u just qualified an OBA, can u qualify ur Mazi or the Oba in ur land that way, even ojukwu that started biafra nd did killings can u qualify him that way. An oba is still an Oba he isn't right but u don't talk to an Oba that way!

2. Where u chanced to read Buhari's comment about what the Oba said, if u did u'll have seen that he never supported him nd all he adviced was for peace to be, even in his thank you msg he didn't even campaign for ambode, so this man is the President now, therefore, support his administration!
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Nobody: 8:58am On Apr 28, 2015
sweetgala:

I never remembered sahara reporters being granted any access to FG press events or interviews. AIT went after buhari hard with defamation of character , this is wholly justifiable

It is not justifiable, GMB should head to court if he was defamed. Press freedom should remain exactly that
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by udatso: 8:59am On Apr 28, 2015
Dominiquez:
I pity anyone that supports this ban, cos Buhari is now fighting FOI law that allowed APC to excel . Banning of APC will be the beginning of the dark days for the media under Buhari's govt.

TVC and Sahara reporters were never banned even when they were broadcasting lies against Jonathan govt.
They were barred not banned. I do hope you know the difference.

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Ephemmm: 8:59am On Apr 28, 2015
Dominiquez:
I pity anyone that supports this ban, cos Buhari is now fighting FOI law that allowed APC to excel . Banning of APC will be the beginning of the dark days for the media under Buhari's govt.

TVC and Sahara reporters were never banned even when they were broadcasting lies against Jonathan govt.

'barred' not 'banned': get the fact...
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by fboycaestro12(m): 9:00am On Apr 28, 2015
deependemocracy:
No to suppression of press freedom under any guise!If GMB was a private citizen this would have been accepted.
Na clap dey start dance o!

You can criticize a government but not airing hate documentary that went as far as talking about his deceased wife and daughter. Mr man forget public figure. They infringed on his privacy that's why he shut them out. They are not the only station in Nigeria
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by islandmoon: 9:01am On Apr 28, 2015
lordkrato:

Hmm.. Thought you where silly but this takes the cake.. And who are the idiots liking this bland comment?? !!

Kindly tell us, you dumb sucker who is the shining light of our media and broadcasting?

You are a disgrace to yourself for supporting AIT on that, shameless PDP
AIT do not have right to mention buhari name as they do when hearing their propangada
I recalled AIT was banned in the 90s for something similar
I DONT TRUST AIT.
We are suspecting AIT is planning to have access to Buhari with some dangerous chemical treated equipments worst than letter bomb to hurt the president before may 29 and the family are not comfortable with that
WE DONT TRUST AIT CREW, CHANNELS is okay for us, we don't need bias AIT in Nigeria

AIT has simply indirectly proved that it could be manipulated with what they broadcast during election campaign

AIT = PDP SPY
AIT = PDP AGENT
AIT = BIAS MEDIA

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Scatterboss(m): 9:02am On Apr 28, 2015
[s]
Codedrunscom:

You must a yoruba! you have a slave mentality, you reason so selectively. Geez..!

As long as what Dokpesi and AIT published were true, its fair game. that's journalism.

Saharareporter (yoruba) were fervently against GEJ, every misstep, false / fake/ scam/ untrue/half-true corruption allegations they reported it with such energy one may begin to wonder if GEJ was sleeping with SR wife.
Yet, same SR never mentioned anything about Tinubu's lack of integrity and drug use, drug arrest and criminal affiliations, not even the day light ravaging of lagos and its finances.
did any call for SR to be banned ?
even when some elements of GEJ made such move, the nation stood behind SR and supported their right to publish as a news outlet.

Shame on you! ( not on all yorubas, my clients are good )
[/s]

You are a fool for bringing Yoruba into this rubbish. You are comparing Sahara reporters, an ONLINE media agency based in NewYork to AIT which is a media house in Nigeria.

Open your dead brain and read this news on how GEJ clamped down on newspapers:

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/clampdown-media-enters-day-three/

This is Sahara reporters news on Tinubu:

http://saharareporters.com/2008/09/15/how-us-federal-agents-succesfully-linked-bola-tinubu-drug-trafficking-ring-chicago

Another one from sahara reporters since 2009:

http://saharareporters.com/2009/02/18/bola-tinubus-heroin-tainted-assets-forfeiture-judgement

Next time, dont ever in your miserable life insult a whole tribe cos of Buhari. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by BESTOOO: 9:02am On Apr 28, 2015
This is just a tip of what we are going to see.Other media houses should get ready for their own humiliation.GEJ will soon be missed by all
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 28, 2015
Igwezeugo:
mr man does documentaries ar they lie?
Is Ait saying d truth?
Watch d documentary very well u will see BBC logo there,is BBC dt release it to Ait
U do bad thing and Ait air it and u said is an abomination
Didn't he jail d woman?
Didn't he flog teachers?
Didn't he do house arrest to Awolowo?
Wat is ur problem?
Wat of sahara and channeltv
Hv they bar?
The question is not why did they air Buhari, the main thingy is why was it only Buhari's sh!!t they aired, what happened to the growth in corruption in GEJ's administration? Funds disappearing like dust, they were not suppose to support any of those party to that extents, its stated in their licence, embrace discipline. Work together. Move Nigeria forward, nd Leave tribalism
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by 83lagosroad(m): 9:03am On Apr 28, 2015
azzutee:
I stopped watching AIT during electioneering campaign immediately they abandoned the ethics of journalism. Freedom of information doesn't not allow anybody or media houses to malign the image of anybody either influential or not. There is always a limitation to every laws.

What image is been maligned here, have you read a recent report on tinubu's past ? Why then is it that when it comes to exposing the opposition there will be wolf cry. We shall see soon . I mean very soon. A country filled with hypocrites. What is good for the goose is also good for the them too.
Channels tv never reported anything good on behave of the ruling govt and u want us to agree that there is freedom of speech and information. Yeye pole smelling everywhere.
I keep wondering I people feel everybody is a saint. Ask itself.
The judiciary.
The legislators
The civil servants
The para military
The military
The so called progressives
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by fboycaestro12(m): 9:04am On Apr 28, 2015
Scatterboss:
[s][/s]

You are a fool for bringing Yoruba into this rubbish. You are comparing Sahara reporters, an ONLINE media agency based in NewYork to AIT which is a media house in Nigeria.

Open your dead brain and read this news on how GEJ clamped down on newspapers:

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/clampdown-media-enters-day-three/

This is Sahara reporters news on Tinubu:

http://saharareporters.com/2008/09/15/how-us-federal-agents-succesfully-linked-bola-tinubu-drug-trafficking-ring-chicago

Another one from sahara reporters since 2009:

http://saharareporters.com/2009/02/18/bola-tinubus-heroin-tainted-assets-forfeiture-judgement

Next time, dont ever in your miserable life insult a whole tribe cos of Buhari. Thanks.

Bros I taya for people ooo....They don't know the difference. Sahara is an online media Agency and based in Yankee
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by KingGeorge1: 9:04am On Apr 28, 2015
One down, other to follow soon, all this media impunity will come to an end soon in the incoming government, Change we want and Change we will get. Politics of Revenge..
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by barnacle: 9:04am On Apr 28, 2015
adconline:
Always taking laws into his hands! GMB is far from a changed " democrat". There is a govt entity called -NBC. National Broadcasting Comission- that is saddled with the responsibility of sanctioning erring media houses.
There is also laws against libel and slander and to the best of my knowledge, no court in the land has awarded damages to GMB against AIT. He's the offended, complainant and judge in this case.
Can GMB just rise above pettiness and vindictiveness? Naija has a lot of problems .. Barring AIT is not one of those.
how would u feel if an amebo neigbour cums to ur house and say hateful things about you.will you let him/her in another time?
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by akoaki(m): 9:05am On Apr 28, 2015
kheart:
People abusing GMB re hypocrite, it s d same AIT dat said baba was d first person dat kill woman by firing squad in d world.

They said Gmb is a sinile dictator, he did nt even ban dem bt rather bar dem from covering d person dey hated so much. He is only doin justice to them imo

Thanks. To BAR is not same as to BAN. Continue to educate them.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 28, 2015
BESTOOO:
This is just a tip of what we are going to see.Other media houses should get ready for their own humiliation.GEJ will soon be missed by all
corruption don sweet u, u no wan leave am
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 28, 2015
barnacle:
how would u feel if an amebo neigbour cums to ur house and say hateful things about you.will you let him/her in another time?
thank you jare
Re: Real Reason Buhari Barred AIT by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 28, 2015
Codedrunscom:

Are you yoruba ?
smh, Tribalism is a killer! How long do u wana do that shi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Rivers Rerun: PDP Releases Photos, Alleges FG Doles Out Billions To APC Rivers / Fleeing Boko Haram Terrorists Drown In Lake Chad / Policeman On Duty Wearing Shorts & T-shirt In Ojo Lagos(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.