Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace (28989 Views)

Eve Esin Turns Cheetah In New Wild Photos / Photos: Check Out JJ Okocha & His Cute Son At The Love Is The Musical Show / Photo: JJ Okocha And Wife Loved Up As They Celebrate Her Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 06, 2009
I AM NOT TRYING TO TAKE SIDE,BUT THERE IS ONE POINT I AM THINKING ABOUT " CAN  GUESTS IN A PARTY BE SEARCHED embarassed (WRONGLY) WITHOUT THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE CELEBRANT",  If Sam Allaydace or some top premier league players or managers whom Okocha have wk with or even Ronaldiho who have played with Okocha was invited to the party will them be searched

Even a blind man knows when rain is falling lipsrsealed

Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by earTHMama: 9:59pm On Feb 06, 2009

So because he has a ruined career is an excuse to be treated like a dog and labelled a Barawo abi? I'll try to keep in mind the fact that Nigeria is a country where poor people with ruined careers have to shut up and take crap because of their ruined careers. What a bleeping joke
Nobody made him poor. He ruined himself. I used to sympathize with him over this issue until other versions of the gist started coming out. Are we trying to mortify Okocha because he is rich?. Everybody both rich and poor deserves justice and in this case I think Etim is taking advantage of the fact that Okocha will be the party to be afraid of his integrity.

Piece these stories together and draw your inference:
1St report: Okocha humiliated me by searching only me in his house.

2nd story from the same Etim: Okay, it wasn't Okocha that searched me, it was some other guest at the party. Although he later came out and stopped the frisking, apologised to those that were frisked and gave my wife and me some money.

Okocha's version: I wasn't aware of it although I took responsibility b/c it was in my house[Oyibo mentality because a typical African man will tell you that even if it was in his house nko?, come carry me now]. He never denied Etim was searched, accepted responsibility, apologised to him and gave him some xmas gift.

Etim :
Okocha gave me only 50K and not 100k oo. Foolish guy still collected the money and said thank you.
If i want money, I'll go and meet IBB: if you can easily get some money off IBB, you wouldn't be busy accepting gifts from Okocha for over 15 years.

Who was Okocha when I was Etim?; Where was Okocha when iwuanyanwu bought me a new car? sarcasm and bad belle at its height.

My conclusion
: Only Etim knows what is frustrating him. I must admit though that it must be frustrating socializing with your mates when you have nothing to show for it just because of a damn pussy. It must be frustrating so any misbehaviour from Etim should be excused.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by saxbe(m): 10:22pm On Feb 06, 2009
between etim and okocha,someone is lying and whoever is lying is the greatest actor Nigeria have ever produced
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by saxbe(m): 10:24pm On Feb 06, 2009
between etim and okocha,someone is lying and whoever is lying is the greatest actor Nigeria have ever produced
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by Grizzly(m): 10:28pm On Feb 06, 2009
Abeg make una wait o. I no know who get d iphone wey i dey use o. shocked lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by earTHMama: 10:51pm On Feb 06, 2009
There are no more lies in the story since both of them have agreed that Etim was searched. Both of them also agreed that neither Okocha nor his wife was present at that time BUT the bone of contention here is that Etim is claiming that he was set up to be humiliated. You may now ask yourself, over what? Why should Okocha set Etim up?

Again,
I thought Keyamo is a criminal lawyer, what is he doing with a civil case?. Is that how Nigerian lawyers work?
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by sucre05: 10:54pm On Feb 06, 2009
Okocha should cover his head in shame, cos how can he explain searching the guests he invited to his own party, over what? A missing phone!

Whether he ordered the search or not, whether the phone was his or not doesn't in anyway justify searching your guests.

If a kanu or a mikel were to be there, the search party would not reach them, so he shouldn't accept the humiliation of pple not up to him in his house.

So Jay Jay should be d apologetic one for the embarrassment of not only Etim, but his other guests as well.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by spikytang(m): 10:56pm On Feb 06, 2009
Ths is outright bullshit
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by Sapphic: 11:02pm On Feb 06, 2009
earTHMama:

Again,
I thought Keyamo is a criminal lawyer, what is he doing with a civil case?. Is that how Nigerian lawyers work?

Keyamo does human rights cases. Moreover, in Nigeria many lawyers straddle the fence and handle both criminal and civil cases.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by Grizzly(m): 11:23pm On Feb 06, 2009
This story is too incoherent for me to reach any logical conclusion. For all i care this story has a part one which no one either knows about or is unwilling to share.
For one:
1. Okocha cannot claim not to know about d search (that is bullshit) cos anyone initiating any search whatsoeva must/should notify him FIRST and get his consent.
2. Why should Okocha come into d picture after etim and his wife have been unwillfully frisked
3. What manner of guest were in the party that would warrant them being searched for a mere iphone Okocha can afford to buy for all d guests present (well i dont know about that part sha)
4. Why should etim immediately without delay slam a suit for 100million!!! shocked (every body say 100million)
Why dont they just come out clean and take us back to where it all start. Abi etim been dey make some kind shady passes at Nkechi. lipsrsealed
This story no complete
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by shollyaj(m): 11:36pm On Feb 06, 2009
So sad, I never believed Okocha could be this Low Headed, Always looked @ him as Frontier bt wasnt expecting such from him, Anyways he should be put to book, and should know no One is Above the Law.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:40pm On Feb 06, 2009
I don't believe that this guy will get a kobo. After all did he not consent to such a search . OR will they say there was duress?
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by amebono14: 3:21am On Feb 07, 2009
honeric01:

Is JJ Okocha the only footballer that is RICH? is Kanu not rich too? Is Yobo, Oruma and co not rich too? why aren't the Ex players angry with them? I think Okocha has a hand in this, no one would search someone like that in a party without the CONSENT of the HOST which is Okocha.  Are they trying to say Etim was looking like a begger that they didn't recognise him?

Anyways i will leave it to the court to find out the truth cos i think the matter don get K-leg lipsrsealed

sheesh,dont say things u r not sure of.JJ"s PA can search evryone wt or wtout jj"s consent

be sure of things b4 posting
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by amebono14: 3:25am On Feb 07, 2009
davidylan:

Etim Esin shut up! Its not Okocha's fault that you ruined your career.

thank you

its obvious etim is jealous fo okocha,just imagine his statement below

I made name before Okocha. Where was Okocha when Iwuanyanwu gave me a brand new car? Where was Okocha when I brought my first convertible into Nigeria? Obesere, the musician has a football academy, trying to develop football, Okocha has a night club. Is that how to work for football?

just look at d envy,dis is d same etim dat said okocha is d only player dat gives him respect

stupid man
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by amebono14: 3:39am On Feb 07, 2009
sukieboy:

Last week at the popular club 10 on Victoria Island a very dramatic incident happened that will shape the super Eagles old players friendship circle for sometime to come.

Jay Jay Okocha surprisingly announced to everyone present at the party hall that he's iPhone was missing and that he was very sure that Etim Esin stole the phone and that him (Etim) must be searched right away.

After must hesitation and fury, Etim finally agreed to be searched by Okocha's boys. The phone was not found on him. Then Okocha ordered that etim's wife be searched as well, it was very embarrassing, as the ultimately eager servants of the football wizard searched Etim's wife. You needed to see how she was weeping. Still the Phone was not found on her. Etim queitly walked out of the club with his wife and most people who came walked out blaming Okocha for embarassing Etim in such a manner.

The next day thru the Lagos-based Lawyer Festus Keyamo, Etim Esin and Wife jointly filed a suit at the Lagos high court claiming 100million naira as compensation for public disgrace and false allegation of the crime of stealing etc etc etc.

What do you make of this?
etim is a liar,when did okocha announce to evryone dat hes fone was missing?d same okocha dat wasnt present during d search,how can etim say okocha ordered them to search his wife too,when dis same okocha wasnt there

Etim is a two faced old liar

and u sukiboy d poster u also added ur own salt and pepper,u said okocha searched only etim,and d media is saying everyone in d party was searched,common go sit down jare,all u envious pple nonsense
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by spikedcylinder: 5:02am On Feb 07, 2009
Whats the name of that UK popular radio presenter that was sacked for speaking obscenities on air?

My point is, though it might not be on the right side of Law and conscience, Toyin Subair had a right to sack him. First of, HiTV is privately owned and its sustainance depends on paid viewership, most of which are sports fans, Secondly, the incidence could make them loose viewers (Janet Jackson's naked boobs come to mind). Toyin Subair asked him to tender an apology after hearing each side (and coming to his own conclusions) for his own selfish reasons - his satellite TV.

This is not to say who is right or wrong though as these stories are confusing!
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by Sapphic: 5:59am On Feb 07, 2009
Abeg Spikey, how can you comapre Russel Brand with this one? And even then, he resigned. Moreover, his offence was commited on the job. This incident has no bearing whatsoever with Etim's job. Let us call a spade a spade. If Etim had stolen the phone, I'd have understood Toyin Subair's stance. Nigerians are used to taking unjustified actions because nothing works in that country. As a lawyer, the least the Toyin could have done was wait for the outcome of the case before taking his own independent action. This way, it just seems like they are all trying to cow Etim Esin into submission.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by earTHMama: 6:21am On Feb 07, 2009
Abeg Spikey, how can you comapre Russel Brand with this one? And even then, he resigned. Moreover, his offence was commited on the job. This incident has no bearing whatsoever with Etim's job. Let us call a spade a spade. If Etim had stolen the phone, I'd have understood Toyin Subair's stance. Nigerians are used to taking unjustified actions because nothing works in that country. As a lawyer, the least the Toyin could have done was wait for the outcome of the case before taking his own independent action. This way, it just seems like they are all trying to cow Etim Esin into submission.

What do you mean?. Is it because they don't rate the media in Nigeria?. Etim surely started a broil that may lead to HITV losing most of their viewers because they are Okocha's fan. Do you know how much they will lose in TV Ads? . If Etim had been steady with his story, it would've been a different thing altogether but different versions from the same man and only if he can shut the hell up and let his lawyer do the job.

According to Etim, he is out to clear his name; Yeah right, by asking for N100M?. How will 100M clear his name?  Furthermore, he continued by scandalizing Okocha's name from him making it before Okocha to Okocha building a night club instead of a sports academy. How did these comments enter into the equation?. What do you think comments like that will suggest to a judge?. Is Okocha's money a property of the federal govt?. Okocha can move to Las vegas tomorrow with his money and blew them up in one year, that's his damn  business. Is every Nigerian international building sports academies in Nigeria, how much less Okocha that just stopped playing soccer yesterday.

How many did Yekini, Adepoju, OKey Uche, Uche Okafor, Ezeugo, Iroha, Keshi, Emenalo, Finidi, Amokachi, Chidi Nwanu, Oliseh etc build?. Were they also not successful Nigerian soccer internationals?.

The foolish Etim that is saying this jumped bail in Spain or Belgium and came back to Nigeria with small coins. What did he do for HIMSELF with the little money he made in his  brief  career in Europe?. Paint Lagos red with his convertible 3 series BMW, bleeped every ashewo in every high brow night club in lagos and retired himself with ganja. And he has the guts to talk about Okocha that came home with something at least.

I will say it again, Etim Esin is suffering from inferiority complex and frustration. It ain't easy watching guys making something out of the same trade you were good at. What he doesn't know is that God opens another door if the old one closes. All he needed to do was to chill out with his HITV job, hang around old internationals and get small busineses and connections from them. With time, he'll become a big TV star in the sports media and may soon start endorsing products for a fee rather, he chose the shorter cut like the cursed man he is.  Do you know how much successful a soccer mag published by him may be in Nigeria? No matter how you look at it, he may think he is on top now because he is dragging Okocha's name to the mud, he will still lose because his fans that have a soft spot for okocha will not enjoy his face on TV anymore. Okocha has a higher star power than him, may also retire to private life and enjoy his millions but Etim sure needs a good public image  at least for now. If okocha got over the rumour that his wife had a biracial child, he can surely get over this one.

As a lawyer, the least the Toyin could have done was wait for the outcome of the case before taking his own independent action. This way, it just seems like they are all trying to cow Etim Esin into submission.
This is not a Nigerian thing. How many senators or celebrities lose their jobs or endorsements just because someone accused them of rape even though they pled not guilty?. Didn't Jonathan Akpoborie get suspended in his club (VFB Stuttgart) because his vessel was involved in child trafficking and the Nigerian media somehow accused him of it? Was he not suspended and nearly fired by the club over just an accussation by a Nigerian newspaper?.

Was Taribo West not suspended in his German club  because his Nigerian wife that was still in Nigeria threatened fire and brimstone over divorcing him?
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by Sapphic: 6:42am On Feb 07, 2009
I am not here to debate the merits or otherwise of the case or of Etims life or Okocha's life. I repeat, Toyin was out of order to sack Etim based on this altercation especially if there is a pending suit. If he was so concerned about viewers and advertisers, he could have suspended him (And even a suspension in this situation, a suspension would be out of order). At the worst case scenario, the station should not renew his contract (I won't be surprised if he does not have one ala Naija style). It's things like these that is seriously wrong with Nigeria. I cannot for the life of me see the BBC or ITV or Channel 4 fire Gary Lineker, Gaby Logan etc for clashing with some big sport wig at a party when the matter is before a court of law (even if there have been false accusations made by these presenters). To be honest, in a civilised society, that hundred million bucks (or whatever reduced amount) would be awarded to the sacked guy simply for unlawful dismissal. There is what is called due process and as a bleeping lawyer, the damn Subair man should know better.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by cvibe: 8:07am On Feb 07, 2009
Does this mean that the other guests just accepted their fate i.e. public humiliation and continued to party like nothing happened?
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by pixiraver(m): 8:10am On Feb 07, 2009
I don't really know what to say but i take the stupid CEO of Hitv shouldn't have suspended Etim, Okocha has been known to be arrogant, yes he has money and fame but he is done now, we will other players coming true and soon everyone will forget Okocha.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by kaypinchi(m): 8:50am On Feb 07, 2009
We celebrate only money in this our land.
What a sad experience by Etim. sad sad sad
This shows how life changes, today at the top; tommorow, it could be at the bottom.

Let's see what we be happening when Okocha is old(er) and new soccer stars are having parties. tongue tongue tongue

HiTV should not have allowed private dealings to affect business dealings. That's just too personal.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by kaypinchi(m): 8:52am On Feb 07, 2009
We celebrate only money in this our land.
What a sad experience by Etim.  sad sad sad
This shows how life changes, today at the top; tommorow, it could be at the bottom.

Let's see what we be happening when Okocha is old(er) and new soccer stars are having parties. tongue tongue tongue

HiTV should not have allowed private dealings to affect business dealings. That's just too personal.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by Afam4eva(m): 9:30am On Feb 07, 2009
pixiraver:

I don't really know what to say but i take the stupid CEO of Hitv shouldn't have suspended Etim, Okocha has been known to be arrogant, yes he has money and fame but he is done now, we will other players coming true and soon everyone will forget Okocha.

Okocha will never be fogotten, i agree that what he did was wrong.
I think one of the reasons why he accused Etim Esim was due to the fact that Etim was a known Chain Smoker and womanizer.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by desthan(m): 10:20am On Feb 07, 2009
@Earthmama

But the question is,

1) After the whole search was the fone with the important information ever found
2) Who was this important Guest and why wasn't he mentioned
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by SamMilla1(m): 10:44am On Feb 07, 2009
from all i have gathered here, i can only say that etim esin is simply angry about okocha's success and he is not hiding it
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by tatooboy: 11:10am On Feb 07, 2009
We need to be careful when making responses on threads like this that are very sensitive. For whatever its worth, from what i have read here.

1. Etim was not the only one that was searched
2. Okocha had been helping him in the past with gifts
3. He gave you N50k as a gift @ the party

Haba!!! Alhaji Essien, for old time sake, is to take a helping friend to court the solution. You are cheap. I have known Toyin Subair for a long time. A good and down to earth xtian. We were in Fountain of Life church together, also remember Toyin is also a lawyer and he would not stand for injustice. The only reason Toyin is likely to tell Etim to applogise would be because, Okocha had helped in the past when no one was there.

Etim, like my people would say "Igberaga lo ma siwaju iparun" (The beginning of d downfall of a man is PRIDE). I am sure Okocha would have appologised, but because your lawyer want to chop he has adviced you to form your story that way.

For whatever its worth, court is not the solution, what if he did not have money. Dont be cheap.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by amebono14: 11:38am On Feb 07, 2009
tatooboy:

We need to be careful when making responses on threads like this that are very sensitive. For whatever its worth, from what i have read here.

1. Etim was not the only one that was searched
2. Okocha had been helping him in the past with gifts
3. He gave you N50k as a gift @ the party

Haba!!! Alhaji Essien, for old time sake, is to take a helping friend to court the solution. You are cheap. I have known Toyin Subair for a long time. A good and down to earth xtian. We were in Fountain of Life church together, also remember Toyin is also a lawyer and he would not stand for injustice. The only reason Toyin is likely to tell Etim to applogise would be because, Okocha had helped in the past when no one was there.

Etim, like my people would say "Igberaga lo ma siwaju iparun" (The beginning of d downfall of a man is PRIDE). I am sure Okocha would have appologised, but because your lawyer want to chop he has adviced you to form your story that way.

For whatever its worth, court is not the solution, what if he did not have money. Dont be cheap.

dont mind d idiot

first of,he said it was okochas fone dat got missing,at d end of d day it wasnt okocha"s,he said okocha asked them to search only him,next he said okocha asked them to search his wife,next he said okocha was not there when he was searched,next he said okocha did not apologise,but his wife said okocha and his wife apologised and okochas wife even knelt down for etim and wife,etim is going to regret dis if he does not wind dis case,since he wants to clear his name wt 100 million naira,thief,dats how to clear name abi?watever happened to asking okocha for an apology,anyways hes going to regret dis by d time he looses and okocha stops giving him money

i swear if i am okochas lawyer,i will so disgrace etim in court wt his numerous lies on dis issue

old fool angry
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by onlysose(m): 11:52am On Feb 07, 2009
if I were okocha I will just claim I personally misplaced my phone and people should please keep an eye.
he can afford a thousand iphones
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by amebono14: 12:03pm On Feb 07, 2009
onlysose:

if I were okocha I will just claim I personally misplaced my phone and people should please keep an eye.
he can afford a thousand iphones

and u can never be okocha wink
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by spikedcylinder: 1:30pm On Feb 07, 2009

I agree with you on the highlighted. Didn't you hear Mr Subair's words? He was scared Etim would do the same to him i.e attempt to extort him as well! Any entrepreneur can/will take the same stance.

[size=3pt]Though I must agree that I may be judging blindly cuz Toyin is family[/size]. embarassed

Something comes to mind though.
Please, for the sake of rationality reason people! How possible is it for a sane human to invite a fellow Soccer star to his house for a party and then accuse him of theft? Not just ordinary theft but phone theft? And then the accused goes ahead to collect "shut up bribe" from his accuser. No so hunger dey catch Etim reach? And besides all that, N100mill is just the exact amount needed to clear his name? Some people say its an act of jealousy and envy but what does Okocha have to be jealous about with Etim? It doesn't add up and it doesn't make any sense. undecided
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by ohaechesi(m): 1:40pm On Feb 07, 2009
I presume such attitude are mostly singled out amongst illiterate which J.J Okocha is not leftout. its obvious that the two were having indoor fight. It could be as a result of range ranking that leads to J.J Okocha's outburst. Can you imagine husband and wife being accused of theft, its a pity but then, Etim Esin will refill his pocket now that JJ Okocha is loaded. let the court decide. lol wink grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chacha Eke Celebrates Birthday Of Ime Bishop Umoh / Ufuoma McDermott And Daughter, Kessiana Step Out In Matching Outfits To Church / Caption This Photo Of Nigerian Rapper M.I Sitting On His Throne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.