Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,042 members, 7,814,559 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace (28984 Views)

Eve Esin Turns Cheetah In New Wild Photos / Photos: Check Out JJ Okocha & His Cute Son At The Love Is The Musical Show / Photo: JJ Okocha And Wife Loved Up As They Celebrate Her Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by DonPedro21(m): 2:09pm On Feb 07, 2009
The point I was able to figure from both party is that Etim and his wife were searched. Now that is a defamation of character, he has the right to sue, Okocha irrespective of whether he ordered the search or not (this is an opportunity for him to Hammer) as far as it was disgrace in his party. Okocha should publicly apologies to him and leave God out of this.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by ohaechesi(m): 2:46pm On Feb 07, 2009
I was looking at this matter from afar. now that i have gained some insight based on the true story as posted here, for old time sake, Etim wouldn't have gone that far. his logistics goes haphazardly, it therefore implies that the dude is enemy of progress. in all, the relationship wont be the same again after the final judgement.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by amebono14: 3:24pm On Feb 07, 2009
ohaechesi:

I presume such attitude are mostly singled out amongst illiterate which J.J Okocha is not leftout. its obvious that the two were having indoor fight. It could be as a result of range ranking that leads to J.J Okocha's outburst. Can you imagine husband and wife being accused of theft, its a pity but then, Etim Esin will refill his pocket now that JJ Okocha is loaded. let the court decide. lol wink grin

ohaechesi:

I was looking at this matter from afar. now that i have gained some insight based on the true story as posted here, for old time sake, Etim wouldn't have gone that far. his logistics goes haphazardly, it therefore implies that the dude is enemy of progress. in all, the relationship wont be the same again after the final judgement.

next time u read properly before passing on ur judgement
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by adconline(m): 3:46pm On Feb 07, 2009
Eathmama

This is not a Nigerian thing. How many senators or celebrities lose their jobs or  endorsements just because someone accused them of rape even though  they pled not guilty?. Didn't Jonathan Akpoborie get suspended in his club (VFB Stuttgart) because his vessel was involved in child trafficking and the Nigerian media somehow accused him of it? Was he not suspended and nearly fired by the club over just an accussation by a Nigerian newspaper?.

Was Taribo West not suspended in his German club  because his Nigerian wife that was still in Nigeria threatened  fire and brimstone over divorcing him?

You are not getting the point. Jonathan Akpoborie's vessell had been accused of child trafficking which could happen to you if your  car was used for the same illegal operation. Akpoborie's club cannot fire him for seeking redress in a law court since he will stand in as the accuser not the accused. Etim is the accuser and Jay Jay is the accused.

HITV's action shows that they dont believe in due process. Its a kangaro organisation. Is it their company policy that their staffers should not get involved in any form of litigation? Cos i dont see any reason why what happened outside their organization should be used to fire Etim without waiting for court to render their verdict.
As per Taribo West getting fired becuase of divorce you are not telling us the whole story. Athletes get invloved in divorce all the time and they dont get fired cos some of their employers might have  gone through 3-5 bitter divorces.
Check your stories and comparisons. You dont get fired for being the accuser not the accused.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by londoner: 3:50pm On Feb 07, 2009
It seems that the only story which doesn't match up and is contradicted is the one of this Etim guy.

I dont know who he, is but he sounds like a money hungry dude. Why not demand a public apology to clear your name, why is the money the only compensation?

I believe Okocha. this other guy sounds like a coke head to me, lol When your own spouse disproves what you say, you know you are lying.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by patholaw: 4:27pm On Feb 07, 2009
i beleive there is something etim and jay juay have that they have not said
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by DonPedro21(m): 4:32pm On Feb 07, 2009
londoner:

It seems that the only story which doesn't match up and is contradicted is the one of this Etim guy.

I dont know who he, is but he sounds like a money hungry dude. Why not demand a public apology to clear your name, why is the money the only compensation?

I believe Okocha. this other guy sounds like a coke head to me, lol When your own spouse disproves what you say, you know you are lying.

Things like this every where and It is always an opportunity to Hammer and buy Hummer.
Etim Please don't loose this opportunity to have your own slice of the round leather game dollar.
You would have gone for 500,000,000 Naira. so that u wouldn't go begging for Christmas gift any more.
please don't listen to anybody and stand for ur right.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by Baro(m): 4:33pm On Feb 07, 2009
Okocha is wrong for the search, whether he did it personally or not.

Etim is wrong for going to the media and court.

A case of 2 wrongs.

But i think this summarizes it

patholaw:

i beleive there is something etim and jay juay have that they have not said
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by londoner: 4:55pm On Feb 07, 2009
If okocha did not order the search or was not aware of the order of it until in full swing, then he can not be at fault IMO, just like you or I can not be at fault for something going on in the kitchen without consent, when we are in the living room unaware of it.

If he apologised once it came to his attention, then it has been settled. If this guy accepted money steming from the incident then he has already accepted it as "compensation" in my view.

If there is something going on, then Etim should not have gone to the house of his adversary. If he is indeed telling porkies, he is rather the one dragging Okocha's name through the mud maliciously.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by youngies(m): 4:57pm On Feb 07, 2009
I am not surprised at some of the silly comments here about Okocha. I reckon that many of the posters here on the average are in their 20s. They have neither really known Etim nor Jay Jay.  

How can you accuse a man that cared for you when others felt that you are rapist and a crack head
How can you accuse a man that is more famous, popular, skillful and richer than you of being envious of you

What will Jay Jay gain by scandalising Etim, NOTHING
What will Etim gain by scandalising Jay Jay, SOMETHINGS

I feel strongly that Etim should be screened for dope, I guess he has gone back to smoking some shit again since he started making some few coins from HiTV

O'd habit die hard!
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by ohaechesi(m): 5:00pm On Feb 07, 2009
amebo no.1:

next time u read properly before passing on ur judgement

Thanks guy for not using abusive words on me wink
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by Carlmax(m): 6:59pm On Feb 07, 2009
Wats there in an iphone dat okocha has to search his guest? He is a bush man
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by romeo(m): 7:36pm On Feb 07, 2009
Carlmax:

Wats there in an iphone dat okocha has to search his guest? He is a bush man

You get Iphone? The only bush man here is you for not using logic.

Abeg make Etim go meet IBB for some money!! He's a freaking addict looking for money.

The OP said that the incident happened in Club 10 VI and that he called Etim to confirm the story shocked shocked, but the media reports are saying it happened in Okochas house undecided Sukieboy you're a big liar.

Hitv has all the right to sideline Etim because they are in the sports Biz and Okocha is a sport personality and Etim too. They found out the truth which is not difficult to do if you read all the posts here. Asked him to appologise before the proverbial hits the fan he refused. Contract my ass he deserved the treatment from his employers if he lied to suck a fellow brother because of an incident he didn't know a shit about.

You people have forgotten the Nigerian Govt. official that was recently sacked for stealing phone in Asia while performing his official duty? He was searched too i guess!! Naija people and expensive phones cheesy cheesy na disease ooo
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by MrCrackles(m): 7:39pm On Feb 07, 2009
romeo:

You get Iphone? The only bush man here is you for not using logic.
Abeg make Etim go meet IBB for some money!! He's a freaking addict looking for money.

The OP said that the incident happened in Club 10 VI and that he called Etim to confirm the story shocked shocked, but the media reports are saying it happened in Okochas house undecided Sukieboy you're a big liar.

Hitv has all the right to sideline Etim because they are in the sports Biz and Okocha is a sport personality and Etim too. They found out the truth which is not difficult to do if you read all the posts here. Asked him to appologise before the proverbial hits the fan he refused. Contract my ass he deserved the treatment from his employers if he lied to suck a fellow brother because of an incident he didn't know a shit about.

You people have forgotten the Nigerian Govt. official that was recently sacked for stealing phone in Asia while performing his official duty? He was serached too i guess!! Naija people and expensive phones cheesy cheesy na disease ooo

I thought the whole thing happened in Okocha's house anyway?!
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by Backup: 7:46pm On Feb 07, 2009
When I first heard this story I was calling Okocha all sort of names but I have gone deeper into the story and I have found out that Etim or whatever he calls himself is an ungrateful money loving piece of sh*t and I hope he loses the case and go home like a washed up punk.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by paulipopo(m): 7:58pm On Feb 07, 2009
@eArThMaMa

Keyamo is not just a criminal lawyer he is a celebrity, "notice me" kind of lawyer with a knak for attention grabbing events. He made his name and continues to get big cases for himself by doing just this. Remember Senator Afikuyomi 419 and bail jumping case, Bola Ige murder, House of Representatives car contract cases?
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by tommyex(m): 8:15pm On Feb 07, 2009
I just pity Okocha because he was not smart enuf 2 know etim all d while, he has beef in his veins.

I dont know the complete story but i have met the 2 guys, Okocha is a very friendly n cool guy, etim is jus a crook from when he says hi.
I know they can not win in the court because gettin evidences ll be hard.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by earTHMama: 8:33pm On Feb 07, 2009
If okocha did not order the search or was not aware of the order of it until in full swing, then he can not be at fault IMO, just like you or I can not be at fault for something going on in the kitchen without consent, when we are in the living room unaware of it.
If it was in America, Okocha will be held responsible for whatever happened to Etim in his own house. That's why you have be sure of whom you are inviting for a party in your house. It's kind of painful though that a guy he helped over the years turned around to bite him like this. You wonder why guys like Jonathan Akpoborihe or Mutiu Adepoju keep to themselves and mind their business. It's because of messes like this.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by earTHMama: 8:36pm On Feb 07, 2009

I just pity Okocha because he was not smart enuf 2 know etim all d while, he has beef in his veins.

I dont know the complete story but i have met the 2 guys, Okocha is a very friendly n cool guy, etim is jus a crook from when he says hi.
I know they can not win in the court because gettin evidences ll be hard.
He is banking on settling out of court or at least getting something off Okocha but he would've done that before taking the story to the media because Okocha will not agree to give him anything now.

Look at guys like Joseph Dosu, he will remain faithful to taribo West and kanu Nwankwo and will never do anything to bite them because both guys were there for him at the worst season of his life. Okocha watched Etim's back even though Etim is not his set because Etim's set are Chidi nwanu, Mutiu, Peter Rufai etc.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by christlene(f): 9:42pm On Feb 07, 2009
there should be proper investigation before we all take sides,as it is now we cant conclude from the stories around, let the both pf them sit nad sought things out like real adults.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by earTHMama: 10:06pm On Feb 07, 2009
@eArThMaMa

Keyamo is not just a criminal lawyer he is a celebrity, "notice me" kind of lawyer with a knak for attention grabbing events. He made his name and continues to get big cases for himself by doing just this. Remember Senator Afikuyomi 419 and bail jumping case, Bola Ige murder, House of Representatives car contract cases?
He's building a career for himself. man must chop. Won't you do the same if you were in his shoes?
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by realdude: 10:16pm On Feb 07, 2009
portporch or wat do you call your self, i feel its improper to talk about people like that, its not new to nigerians what etim essien has passed through in his carrrier as a footballer. i dont want to take sides here, but remmember that this is a forum, just take time and read your post, its not proper at all.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by excellomo: 10:45pm On Feb 07, 2009
i want all readers to know that this stupid guy called jj is a fucking stingy guy and hes capable of doing such thing.this it the time for all those rich ass holes to know that they cant just walk over someone like that.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by Sapphic: 1:39am On Feb 08, 2009
spikedcylinder:

I agree with you on the highlighted. Didn't you hear Mr Subair's words? He was scared Etim would do the same to him i.e attempt to extort him as well! Any entrepreneur can/will take the same stance.

Though I must agree that I may be judging blindly cuz Toyin is family.
embarassed

Something comes to mind though.
Please, for the sake of rationality reason people! How possible is it for a sane human to invite a fellow Soccer star to his house for a party and then accuse him of theft? Not just ordinary theft but phone theft? And then the accused goes ahead to collect "shut up bribe" from his accuser. No so hunger dey catch Etim reach? And besides all that, N100mill is just the exact amount needed to clear his name? Some people say its an act of jealousy and envy but what does Okocha have to be jealous about with Etim? It doesn't add up and it doesn't make any sense. undecided

Not in a civilised country they won't take that stance (not unless they are prepared to be sued for unlawful dismisal. You for don talk about the family connection before you dey start to do family kparakpo. undecided Shame on you iyawo, whatever happened to impartiality? embarassed
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by hbrednic: 2:07am On Feb 08, 2009
with a friend like Etim,who needs an enemy.
this is the same guy that comes to okochas office in V.I to collect money anytime JJ is in town.na waah for people
the same Etim that escaped justice in europe is now crying for justice  shocked,i fear ooh.
at the law court all (Etim) his past will be laid on the table,i can assure you it stinks like hell.
trying to use a friend as a springboard by soiling his name will never work  grin.

NB,people beware of the guys who give money,whenever you visit home,most of them will
  always want to run down you.friends today,enemies 2mmorrow.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by Uche2nna(m): 2:08am On Feb 08, 2009
Etim might have ruined his own career, he might be a coke head or a money hungry leech. Thats completely besides the point.

He was accused of stealing a gadget and wrongly so since nothing was found on him after a search was conducted on him and his wife. Now I would be really suprised if Okocha was unaware  that a search was being conducted in his own house.  

Bottomline: I would hate to be in Etim's shoes.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by spikedcylinder: 5:39am On Feb 08, 2009
Sapphic:

Not in a civilised country they won't take that stance (not unless they are prepared to be sued for unlawful dismisal. You for don talk about the family connection before you dey start to do family kparakpo. undecided Shame on you iyawo, whatever happened to impartiality? embarassed

Jeebus woman, a secret is not even safe with you. Tshew. tongue grin

Uche2nna:

Etim might have ruined his own career, he might be a coke head or a money hungry leech. Thats completely besides the point.

He was accused of stealing a gadget and wrongly so since nothing was found on him after a search was conducted on him and his wife. Now I would be really suprised if Okocha was unaware that a search was being conducted in his own house.

Bottomline: I would hate to be in Etim's shoes.

I disagree. Bringing his past behaviour into this is completely on point! How credible can a coke head, money hungry rapist be? Especially in a case of "your word against mine" like this?

@ topic

The 50/100k given to Etim probably insulted him. He must have thought "Na me you dey give 50/100k chop money abi? You go hear am! tongue
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by worldman(m): 6:31am On Feb 08, 2009
okocha most be a fool
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by badman(m): 1:09pm On Feb 08, 2009
As an attacking midfielder in his playing days, Austin Jay Jay Okocha was used to putting opponents on the defensive. But barely a year after hanging his boots, the ex-Super Eagles’ captain has found himself in a defensive position.

Undoubtedly, Etim Esin’s recent allegations that Okocha invited him to a party at his Opebi palatial home and ordered his bouncers to search him and his wife after a phone got missing, could be the former Bolton Wanderer’s biggest battle as he begins his life after football.

But like every match that the immensely talented footballer had played in his illustrious career that lasted for 18 years, Okocha appears not ready to lose this battle against Etim.
For the past three weeks, Etim, who was equally a skillful footballer in his playing days, had told whoever cared to listen about how he and his family were humiliated on the orders of Okocha on December 25, 2008. All these while, the former PSG midfield maestro adopted a stoic approach, but broke his silence on the matter on Tuesday, when he spoke with Sunday Sunsport in his Victoria Island office for over two hours. Enjoy our moment with Jay Jay!

December 24
I only fear God. I’m not scared about what any man can do to me. I don’t envy anybody, because I know that there is nothing I cannot achieve with hard work and faith in God. I accept people the way they are and try to associate with everybody no matter their status in the society.
Etim Esin is my senior having played in the national team before me, so naturally, I must respect him. I didn’t play with him in the Eagles, but I heard about his exploits. He might have made some bad decisions in his career, but that does not mean that I should not associate with him and help him where I can.

So, I was in my office on December 24 last year when Etim came visiting and solicited for financial assistance from me. I reminded him that I had retired from football and was trying to organise my life like every other Nigerian. Actually, I could not give him anything on that day, but I invited him and his family to a party in my house the following day, which was the Christmas Day, where I planned to give him whatever I had for him.

At the party
When Etim came to my house for the party on the Christmas Day with his wife and daughter, my workers asked me if I was the one that invited him and I told them to open the gate for him to come in. He and his family came in and joined other guests, who were already in my house having fun. In fact, I didn’t allow my workers to serve his (Etim’s) wife. Rather, I personally served her food and drinks. After a while, I went into my room to make and receive calls. When I got back to the guests, I realised that one of my relatives had lost his phone, and he (the relative) subjected Etim to a search.

I was very angry that Etim was humiliated in my house and I felt that if anybody had lost his phone, the right thing for that person to do was to report to me as the host of the party. I was not happy because I invited everybody who attended the party, and therefore, it’s my responsibility to make sure that nobody was humiliated under my roof.
Thereafter, I went to Etim and apologized to him and took pictures with him and his family.

I’ve learnt my lesson
I was shocked to hear few days later that Etim was going about saying that I invited him to a party in my house and ordered my workers to search him and his wife after I lost my phone. In the first place, I didn’t lose my phone on that day and what would I gain by asking my people to search Etim?
Honestly, this experience has taught me a big lesson and I don’t think I’ll continue to open my doors to everybody. I think that it’s because I have a liberal mind that I’m facing this ordeal. Ordinarily, I don’t stand to gain anything from relating with Etim, but because of my nature of person, I felt that God blessed me to reach out to people in whichever way I could.

Etim’s lawyer’s notice
I heard that he had sued me for N100million, but I have not received any letter from his lawyers. If I eventually get his court notice, I would not hesitate to teach him the lesson of his life.
I played football for 18 years and within these years, I laboured to build a reputation for myself by making a lot of sacrifices and maintaining self-discipline. Therefore, I would not fold my arms and watch anybody drag my name in the mud.
I have high-profile lawyers working with me and so, when I finally get his court papers, my lawyers will handle the case accordingly.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/sportsonthehour/2009/feb/08/sportsbreak-08-02-2009-001.htm
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by lagoslag: 1:33pm On Feb 08, 2009
All i see is envy/jealousy, what has this issue got to do with obesere has a football academy, okocha's got a night club? i made name b4 okocha, just hearing these words will tell you much about the monster in question. Honestly if etim was successful the way okocha was, he'll do worst things. That's the major reasons why his career fell apart in no time. Ya'll remember how his fame and money got into his head and he started misbehaving and soon after, his world fell apart. During his reign did he look at people below him? he was very arrogant, showing off and living like there was no tomorrow. how badly does okocha need a job at the TV station? Okocha will probably buy the TV station and its staff. so he should go get a job and try get a life as well. Sorry for being searched anyway, if u are a true friend, u'd talk to okocha one on one and sort this thing out. Okocha wont invite u to his party if you are not a friend. Why would okocha cry over a mobile phone if he had previously given u 50,000naira and even has done stuff for u worth more than a mere iphone. so go redo your story, it doesn't sound right.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by adexchamp(m): 2:14pm On Feb 08, 2009
I think both Okocha and Etim Esin are both Big fools for washing their dirty pants in the public,
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by kazeem4t(m): 3:38pm On Feb 08, 2009
To me,no one came to this world with anything and no one shall go back with anything.
Public ICONS like JJ and his friend Etim should always think of how to make a better future
and not busy suing each other.
If they had settled it amicably no one will hear.This is not the first time things of that nature happens.
To me let both of them come together and act mature.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Okey Bakassy Writes In Support Of Jim Iyke's Deliverance / how wizkid, scales twitter spat all started; banky w ignores the duo / Uche Jombo And Olusegun Obasanjo Pictured On A Plane Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.