Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,567 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace (28985 Views)

Eve Esin Turns Cheetah In New Wild Photos / Photos: Check Out JJ Okocha & His Cute Son At The Love Is The Musical Show / Photo: JJ Okocha And Wife Loved Up As They Celebrate Her Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by lagoslag: 3:48pm On Feb 08, 2009
Etim Vs Okocha: This is cheap blackmail — Amiesimaka
Written by Richard Animam
Saturday, 07 February 2009
The Etim Esin versus Austin Okocha saga is like a category one Hurricane, gathering momentum with
each passing day.

This week the missing phone saga which has seen former junior International Etim Esin drag Ex- Super Eagles midfielder Austin Okocha to court, has been described as cheap blackmail by a senior ex-international Adokie Amiesimaka who has gone ahead to advise Okocha to face Etim Esin squarely and call his bluff.

Amiesimaka after reading Okocha’s version of the story was furious with Etim for even going to the press in the first place, after he and his family were apologized to and a token handed to him. The former Sharks of Port Harcourt chairman was very angry with Etim stating that it is only here in Nigeria that a person of Okocha’s status can be dragged in the mud, the way Etim is doing.

“I know Etim has said some good things about me in the past, but right now I don’t really care what he feels about me. The plain truth is that having read both sides of the story and the witness confirmed that the stolen phone was not Okocha’s, I will say Etim is just rambling about irrelevant issues.

His statement that his father had a convertible car and was a special adviser in the past is all rubbish. He claimed Okocha is not a super star etc. From what I understand, it is obvious that he wants to be Okocha’s burden and that is sad. It is apparently a case of envy and blackmail.

Yes, Etim was a fine player but he is not in the class of Okocha. Jay Jay has no reason to want to embarrass Etim. I advise Okocha to know the company he keeps and also strongly contest the case.
“Etim is never in Okocha’s class, while Etim brought shame to his father land, Okocha brought fame and good image to the country. How can he compare himself to Okocha. Like it or not Okocha is a super star and that fact can never be contested”, Amiesimaka said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/content/view/28175/50/
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by badman(m): 5:20pm On Feb 08, 2009
they shouldnt have made it this public. from wats coming out lately looks like etim wants to use this oppportunity to reap where he didnt sow. 100m thats just too much after receiving 100k when it happened
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by benemeka: 5:35pm On Feb 08, 2009
okocha cannot do ths thing, etim is accusing him of. i know okocha as a man of intergrity, honest and respectful despite his wealth. i have heard the both sides of the story and came to the conclusion that this guy etim is not saying the truth of the matter.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by bethsy: 8:03pm On Feb 08, 2009
okocha is too full of himself who does he think he is, what kind of money does he have self that guy is a complete Bleep up.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by romeo(m): 8:37pm On Feb 08, 2009
bethsy:

okocha is too full of himself who does he think he is, what kind of money does he have self that guy is a complete mess up.

Do you know Okocha in person? The problem with nairaland is that most contributors connect from Cyber cafes in Nigeria, with little or no time at all to read threads before contributing. cheesy cheesy
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by sley4life(m): 9:45pm On Feb 08, 2009
Some people just post without taking a look at both side of the story. Etim story contradicts each other. Etim is full of lies and shit. He initialy said okocha didnt apoologise later he said jayjay did apologise. I guess those siding etim must be etim family members cos i dnt see a reasonable person that read both sides of story to accuse okocha. What can okocha gain for insulting etim? Is etim zidan or maradona or a governor? I wish jayjay shuld put more weight in this to see etim is jailed for tryn to spoil his integrity.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by dready(f): 10:31pm On Feb 08, 2009
I Dunno what really happened coz the both stories i read contradicts, example, one saying at club 10 the other saying okacha's crib, this is just one example , to be honest with you guys, How can Okocha deny giving orders for the search, A phone was missing which was his, he knew the phone was missing because he would have asked his folks or family if his phone was with em, I am not suppose to take sides but Geez Etim is on the right path, You just dont humiliate peeps like that, IPHONE as at Dec was less than 150k so wtf, You humiliate peeps for that kind of money at his level, whateva, if Etim wins the suit i guess every Top ranking individuals will learn from this and try to treat others with respect, If such search was done on Okocha in the public how will he feel
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by Backup: 10:45pm On Feb 08, 2009
excel-lomo:

i want all readers to know that this stupid guy called jj is a fucking stingy guy and hes capable of doing such thing.this it the time for all those rich ass holes to know that they cant just walk over someone like that.

You're as stupid and deceitful as your brother Etim. angry
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by armadeo(m): 10:53pm On Feb 08, 2009
Thats very unfair and insulting why would jj do that to a fellow super eagle and his wife.
i agree public apology first then sue his dribbling butt dry. wink

1 Like

Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by romeo(m): 11:04pm On Feb 08, 2009
armadeo:

Thats very unfair and insulting why would jj do that to a fellow super eagle and his wife.
i agree public apology first then sue his dribbling butt dry. wink

EWUUU!!! just 4 posts and u're running ur mouth in nairaland like an idiot. Read the entire thread and learn one or two things.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by amebono14: 12:52am On Feb 09, 2009
romeo:

Do you know Okocha in person? The problem with nairaland is that most contributors connect from Cyber cafes in Nigeria, with little or no time at all to read threads before contributing. cheesy cheesy

romeo:

EWUUU!!! just 4 posts and u're running ur mouth in nairaland like an idiot. Read the entire thread and learn one or two things.

are u minding the nkita"s undecided they dont even wanna read thru the post,first before contributing,all they do is read the topic and zoom,their hands r already on their keyboards

b.t.w ,dis original poster is a liar,cos his story is quite different from the true story,all dis fools,i wouldnt be surprised if etim bribe am to come post dis shit here
anu ofia
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by sameolg616(m): 2:00am On Feb 09, 2009
well i dont want to be caught in their politics, okocha cant deny not knowing who gave the order to search especially etim esin(some1 who has served the nation like him regardless of his mistakes) just cause of an iphone-pls tell me its an IPHONE 4G because its so embarrassing u would halt a party because of an 80,000-3g phone,
even if okocha compensated him afterwards---it wasnt enough,
as for mr subair---you are just a fool and a sychophant, upon u claimed 'truth',u had no right to ask him to apologise, cause u want to eat meat,ur calling a cow 'UNCLE".i dont really like etim esin but the fact remains HE IS A LEGEND, u had beta stick to making that ur boring brand HITV a success instead of getting mixed up in the legends politics, ur supposed to be a business man and ur name is just growing yet(the only tin pple remember about hitv is ---ITS CHEAP AND FOR NOW <ITS SHOWING THE PREMIERSHIP GAMES, nothing else>
ur position in this matter can affect ur brand forever,be advised, gongo so,
i can vouch u can almost appear in court for okocha as an eye witness,
as for etim,whether ur lying or not, at this point, i dont care but put a little dignity in2allu do,
pls kindly drop ur lawsuit,,no way ur going to win in a society full of sychophants, guess every1s to busy caring about themselves(eg mr subair), u might end up bin a joke and u hire the wrong person-----the NOISEMAKER,attention seeker who neva wins any case against the MIGHTY(bola ige's vs omisore,the police vs kenny martins)
bet u dont want to be on his list of failures(etim esin vs JAY JAY OKOCHA)
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by earTHMama: 8:36am On Feb 09, 2009
Bad Belle Exclusive: grin grin grin grin

Missing handset saga: Thank God they didn’t plant a gun on me — Etim Esin
Written by Patrick Omorodion
Saturday, February 7, 2009

The last has not been heard on the raging ‘war’ between two former Super Eagles players who wore the famous Number 10 jersey, Etim ‘Maradona’ Etim and Austin Jay Jay Okocha on the drama of a missing phone handset at the residence of Okocha.

The Delta-born former Bolton Wanderers captain spoke to Vanguard Sports Wednesday, stressing that he would go to church for a thanksgiving because the Etim Esin issue could have been worse, may be leading to a harm on him by Esin.

Esin replying on Thursday said he too was thankful to God that he was just accused of stealing a handset that turned out not to be true and not roped in for armed robbery which could have been worse for him.

“If he said he was going to church to thank God, I would also go to the mosque to thank God that I was only accused of stealing a phone which they eventually did not find with me. My brother, what if they planted a gun in my car and told the world that I’m an armed robber, would it not have been worse for me”, Esin said over the phone in Lagos.

The former forward of defunct Iwuanyanwu FC and Flash Flamengoes of Benin said that the humiliation he and his wife suffered at the residence of Okocha has caused his wife to breakdown causing her to travel out to France to recuperate.

“They said they begged my wife, what nonsense, after embarrassing her and she wept profusely, they are now begging her. My wife is still in shock over the treatment and has continued to wonder that somebody I so much talk about with passion cold do that to me. Can Nkechi his wife be searched like that, why my wife, the woman that stood by me when I had problem. And I was taking my wife to his house for the first time”, he said.

Continuing, Esin said “because of the trauma, she has gone to France to cool off. Okocha keeps saying he loves me, all this was a phony love, he never loved me. They are just jealous about my wife, a Malian Fulani who married me for love, not for fame. We met during my travails not when I was playing. You see I don’t have money but I have a wonderful family, a blessing from God.

Okocha or HiTV cannot give me a family. They are jealous of my family that’s all. I bought a 2008 Mazda for N4.5 million, Okocha or Toyin Subair did not buy it for me. Instead of opening an academy to help former players and produce future stars, he is opening a night club. What happens there, is it not prostitution and drugs. If I have money I won’t open a night club but an academy to help the young ones.”

He said he did not learn from the armed robbery attack on him as well as the drug issue about his life but will definitely learn from what happened to him in Okocha’s residence because “if I am accused of begging, it is better than being roped with armed robbery. People know that I have been surviving on good will because for 15 years I had no job, and now Okocha and Subair want to destroy that because they are friends.”

He said Okocha’s attitude of looking down on people is very bad as he said that he would be named among the list of top number 10 players in Nigeria and Africa before Okocha, stressing that players like Daniel Amokachi, Victor Ikpeba and Celestine Babayaro played with flair like him than Okocha.

On the issue that it was not Okocha’s phone that was missing, Etim said, “whether it was his phone or not, why was I embarrassed in his house. They said my daughter was not there, that is not true. My daughter loves me so much and is always with me, she even wanted us to leave the party early but I delayed.”

He said he was ready to go the whole hug with the law suit to clear his name because “they embarrassed me and my wife and made her shed tears so much. Okocha is too proud, he doesn’t want to say simple sorry. Didn’t Atiku go to Obasanjo so why can’t Okocha apologise for embarrassing my family. ”

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/feb/7/314.html
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by unic(m): 10:10am On Feb 09, 2009
There is a clear desire on the part of Etim Esin to rip from where he did not sore. CEO of Hitv said he confirmed the true story from etim's wife and the woman has not refuted that. Etim in his cries never mentioned that Okocha apologies to him over the incident and he received the sum of 100,000 from Okocha. Before someone like Toyin could come up to say what he said, he must have made a lot of contact with those that were present at the party to actually confirm the truth b4 making a statement.

The Hitv suspension is right because of the company's integrity, who knows, Etim might come up tomorrow to embarrasss Toyin too.

Etim is simply a gold digger in this case, he could'nt have been the only one at the party and could not have been the only one searched so why the fuss?
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by bodejohn(m): 10:44am On Feb 09, 2009
Having gone through all the posts and interviews granted by the two footballers i still strongly belief that some truths are missing.
Who was the guest that had enough powers to order a search of other guests when the host was only upstairs? Even if Etim has messed up before in life does that mean he could not do something better with the remains? Remember the popular musician, Akon, was once in prison. Even JJ was at one time or the other accused of pride when he was playing in the national team and club level.
I can see pride in the two personalities, i bought a car for my wife, i have supported him all this while are all statements of pride.
Was the phone finally found? It is better we concentrate our energies on better things than been joined into this show of shame and pride.
Only recently we heard that Micheal Phelps' photo was taken when he was smoking crack, Mikel was arrested for drunk driving offences. That is the shameful life of our celebrities!Fame and money are the little things that ruins the life of celebrities including athletes.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by sukieboy(f): 11:11am On Feb 09, 2009
bodejohn:

Only recently we heard that Micheal Phelps' photo was taken when he was smoking crack, Mikel was arrested for drunk driving offences. That is the shameful life of our celebrities!Fame and money are the little things that ruins the life of celebrities including athletes.

Exactly, was the phone found? well I think we should just look at the issues
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by Emmacomng: 11:39am On Feb 09, 2009
Taking a side at the moment will be, i learnt the case had already been taking to the court. I trust in the Nigeria judiciary system, let us all watch to see the outcome
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by Nobody: 11:43am On Feb 09, 2009
The issue is that only Etim and his wife were searched among the whole guest. Probabaly they were the poorest ones there. Etim has his issues, yes but that was humuilating, and keeping quiet like is the normal Nigerian reaction would be more humulating
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by earTHMama: 12:03pm On Feb 09, 2009
The issue is that only Etim and his wife were searched among the whole guest. Probabaly they were the poorest ones there. Etim has his issues, yes but that was humuilating, and keeping quiet like is the normal Nigerian reaction would be more humulating

All these are speculations because Etim is running his mouth like diarrhea. Read part of his comments below and set your sentiments aside before making a judgment. I think we are dealing with a bitter and deranged man here.

Continuing, Esin said “because of the trauma, she has gone to France to cool off. Okocha keeps saying he loves me, all this was a phony love, he never loved me. They are just jealous about my wife, a Malian Fulani who married me for love, not for fame. We met during my travails not when I was playing. You see I don’t have money but I have a wonderful family, a blessing from God.

He said Okocha’s attitude of looking down on people is very bad as he said that he would be named among the list of top number 10 players in Nigeria and Africa before Okocha, stressing that players like Daniel Amokachi, Victor Ikpeba and Celestine Babayaro played with flair like him than Okocha.

On the issue that it was not Okocha’s phone that was missing, Etim said, “whether it was his phone or not, why was I embarrassed in his house. They said my daughter was not there, that is not true. My daughter loves me so much and is always with me, she even wanted us to leave the party early but I delayed.”
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by PurestBoy(m): 12:26pm On Feb 09, 2009
How much be iPhone sef wey person like Okocha no fit overlook? I can't even search my friends if I organise a parry in my house and my phone got missing because of the embarrassment I'll give to myself.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by ud4u: 12:46pm On Feb 09, 2009
Etim should use his senses, Why should Okocha want to embarrass him, is he richer than Okocha or has he made more fame than him or are they dragging any position. He should not bite the hand that feed him. If Etim is thinking that the missing phone is a set-up, why didn't they find the phone on him or does it mean that the set up was not properly carried out.

Who is Etim to Okocha in terms of class and fame that Okocha will plan to rubbish him.

House lets be realistic, ALL THESE ARE CHEAP BLACKMAIL but it is a pity that Etim did not think well before listining to his advisers. It is very easy to cut than to join, the relationship between Etim and Okocha will never be desame again.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by tayoast(m): 1:36pm On Feb 09, 2009
This is highly uncalled for.

Even if u suspect sm1 of theft, there is a way to do it and no t embarass/disgrace the psn.

Okocha go sch at all?

This is one of those things money/alcohol can precipitate one 2 do!

I hope Etim wins.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by sley4life(m): 3:55pm On Feb 09, 2009
Sorry 2 say, some posters here are coward they just reason with their a*s. Hw can ur phone get misplaced and u only think of the cost? Some saying how much does iphone cost when they dont even have any. The prob here isnt the phone but the contact list. Can u buy a contact? If my phone get lost i dont care but i care about the contacts that have gone with it which cant be bought in the store. Mind those who said they know what happened. How many of them attended the party? Pls if u werent at the party dnt say u are exactly correct. The phone wasnt for jayjay but his friend that attended the party. Etim shuld face the consequence for tryn to tarnish someones image
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by sley4life(m): 4:18pm On Feb 09, 2009
tayo_ast:

This is highly uncalled for.

Even if u suspect sm1 of theft, there is a way to do it and no t embarass/disgrace the psn.

Okocha go sch at all?

This is one of those things money/alcohol can precipitate one 2 do!

I hope Etim wins.

Pls talk with reasoning. Okocha is has o'level and he can go 2 part time if he wants. School isnt all in life. Did bill gate go to school? But how many people are more intellects than him? I guess u are related to etim, Okocha we are all by your side
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by romeo(m): 5:13pm On Feb 09, 2009
sameolg616:

well i dont want to be caught in their politics, okocha cant deny not knowing who gave the order to search especially etim esin(some1 who has served the nation like him regardless of his mistakes) just cause of an iphone-pls tell me its an IPHONE 4G because its so embarrassing u would halt a party because of an 80,000-3g phone,
even if okocha compensated him afterwards---it wasnt enough,
as for mr subair---you are just a fool and a sychophant, upon u claimed 'truth',u had no right to ask him to apologise, cause u want to eat meat,ur calling a cow 'UNCLE".i dont really like etim esin but the fact remains HE IS A LEGEND, u had beta stick to making that ur boring brand HITV a success instead of getting mixed up in the legends politics, ur supposed to be a business man and ur name is just growing yet(the only tin pple remember about hitv is ---ITS CHEAP AND FOR NOW <ITS SHOWING THE PREMIERSHIP GAMES, nothing else>
ur position in this matter can affect ur brand forever,be advised, gongo so,
i can vouch u can almost appear in court for okocha as an eye witness,
as for etim,whether ur lying or not, at this point, i dont care but put a little dignity in2allu do,
pls kindly drop ur lawsuit,,no way ur going to win in a society full of sychophants, guess every1s to busy caring about themselves(eg mr subair), u might end up bin a joke and u hire the wrong person-----the NOISEMAKER,attention seeker who neva wins any case against the MIGHTY(bola ige's vs omisore,the police vs kenny martins)
bet u dont want to be on his list of failures(etim esin vs JAY JAY OKOCHA)

When will young Nigerians Use their brains to reason? embarassed embarassed
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by bekus: 5:42pm On Feb 09, 2009
My opinion on this.

1. Etim Esin has not claimed that he was accused by Okocha of stealing a phone.
2. If someone in nigeria loses a phone in the midst of other people-even if it is a 'pemi pada owo nromi' (as they call it), you will search for it thouroughly up to the point of searching pple there, if you can get away with it, which i am assuming the guest whose phone was missing was able to do (probably had his ' boys' in attendance).
3. If Okocha was not there at the material time and did not accuse Esin of stealing, Etim Esin's grievance should have been against the guest who originally ordered him to be searched. In that instance the guest was not acting as okocha's agent and okocha cannot be vicariously held liable for defamation of character.
4. More worryingly are the statements of etim since the incident (i am following the references in above threads) - he sounds like someone seriously bitter, not by the incident by some previous slight he perces himself to have suffered/be suffering from okocha. He seems to have a perpetual inferiority hangup where okocha is concerned. It is true that etim was a skilfull player in those days. He messed things up through his indiscipline but that does not make him a thief.
5. If Etim was not too proud to accept regular handouts from someone that he believed was beneath him in age and skill, and was not bold enough o refuse to be searched when the others were being searched (if they had rough handled him, he would have a good claim for assault), methinks this is about trying to recover pride. About Keyamo filing a matter in court, the guy is only in it for the nuisance value, there's nothing there!
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by romeo(m): 6:39pm On Feb 09, 2009
A very sane comment!!
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by kavita: 8:45pm On Feb 09, 2009
I have read most of the threads and would say, Okocha is a good man, who just had wrong visitors at the wrong time, 'cos they all met in his house. 1. Whoever stole the phone in the first place 2. Whoever ordered the search 3. Etim - who happened to be around 4. The other guests who allowed themselves to be searched, hence, 'forcing' Etim to subject himself to the search

But relationship is much more than money. N100m, One relationship can give you times ten of that in a business deal. Lets assume JJ was wrong, he begged him, gave him N100k, his wife was personally served by JJ, got a kiss from Nkechi, what else?

I believe JJ would have felt betrayed, cos after all that Etim went to the press. Being a man is being able to stand up to situations and at the right time, if he had worked out of the party in anger then got a lawyer, I would have believed him. But for him to have stayed behind (took some bottles of drink, i gussed) and collected N100k and then did all he did? Someone should question Mr. Etim.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by edwardaigb: 11:30pm On Feb 09, 2009
okocha na waooooooooooo, you no get respect? etim, i hope no be okocha you wan use do european league?
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by nethacker(m): 11:49am On Feb 10, 2009
Quote from: bethsy on February 08, 2009, 08:03 PM
okocha is too full of himself who does he think he is, what kind of money does he have self that guy is a complete mess up.

Do you know Okocha in person? The problem with nairaland is that most contributors connect from Cyber cafes in Nigeria, with little or no time at all to read threads before contributing.

@romeo

Leave them romeo,them be bad belle.I like your suggestions jare, pple don't think before they talk, Humans only use about 1/10 of their brain power. With some nairalanders like, , it could be less.Mine is"If your strength is small, don't carry heavy burdens. If your words are worthless and senseless, don't give advice."
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by Sanromeo(m): 12:53pm On Feb 10, 2009
i think that guy name Etim is crazy how could he bite the fingers that fed him. he is such an ingrate. Bleep you Etim
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by nethacker(m): 1:20pm On Feb 10, 2009
All these romeo guyz are really making sense, u guyz r on the right track

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Uche Jombo And Olusegun Obasanjo Pictured On A Plane Together / Halima Abubakar Looks Stylish In Native Gown And Gele / Chinedu Ikedieze (AKI) Is 36 Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.