Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

My Son Was Threatened In School - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Son Was Threatened In School (5002 Views)

My Son Attempting To Put On A Small Generator / SORROW TO JOY: Woman Delivers Triplets Day Murdered Son Was Buried (picture) / Husband Beats And Threatened To Pour Hot Water On Wife When Denied Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by SAMBARRY: 11:34am On Apr 29, 2015
Onegai:
@sambarry stop laughing or a coconut will grow on your back tonight!!

WordOfABendelite
angry
grin an opportunity to make coconut rice for lunch grin

1 Like

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by freecocoa(f): 11:39am On Apr 29, 2015
bukatyne:

And Mark said he will turn him to Mango and eat him?

Don't report to his mom or the school authorities yet

However, pray for your son.

It might be child's play....

And Mark might be serious.
Seriously? Mark might be serious?

3 Likes

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by bukatyne(f): 2:39pm On Apr 29, 2015
freecocoa:
Seriously? Mark might be serious?

Yes, he might wink

1 Like

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by cococandy(f): 3:00pm On Apr 29, 2015
bukatyne:

Yes, he might wink
bukatyne he's 8yrs old.
What are you not telling us?
You believe in those child-witch things?
angry
Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by freecocoa(f): 3:11pm On Apr 29, 2015
bukatyne:

Yes, he might wink
I believe you don't mean that.smiley
Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by bebe2(f): 3:16pm On Apr 29, 2015
Ralphlauren:

what has 'mark's' state of origin got to do with this?

did they tell you that Edo boys 'turn the heads of fellow boys to mango and eat it'?

smh !

grin I beg leaf her, she wan catch witch na grin

U know say we edo pple sabi fly,

@ op my kids tell each other worse things, who do I report them to?

And u forget to ask ur son wat he said to d boy.

1 Like

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by bukatyne(f): 3:31pm On Apr 29, 2015
cococandy:
bukatyne he's 8yrs old.
What are you not telling us?
You believe in those child-witch things?
angry

I know they exist...

@His age I think he should be old enough to understand what he says

However, it might just be a joke or a line he picked up from a movie or someone else that's why I told her not to report and treat it as 'child's play'

Besides, her son might be lying and want his mother to do his dirty job for him
Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by bukatyne(f): 3:31pm On Apr 29, 2015
freecocoa:
I believe you don't mean that.smiley

I did cheesy
Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by cococandy(f): 3:35pm On Apr 29, 2015
bukatyne:

I know they exist...

@His age I think he should be old enough to understand what he says

However, it might just be a joke or a line he picked up from a movie or someone else that's why I told her not to report and treat it as 'child's play'

Besides, her son might be lying and want his mother to do his dirty job for him
You know child-witches exist?

How do you know this?
Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by bukatyne(f): 3:48pm On Apr 29, 2015
cococandy:

You know child-witches exist?

How do you know this?

Had some in my secondary school

Boarding house sure know how to stock all sorts grin
Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by cococandy(f): 4:04pm On Apr 29, 2015
bukatyne:

Had some in my secondary school

Boarding house sure know how to stock all sorts grin
Hmm.
I don't want to go into all these, but I kinda took it for granted that you of all people would know what child psychology entails, their over active imaginations, night terrors and sometimes sleep disorders (too many to type here) that they interprete as witch gathering because of mind conditioning by over zealous prayer warriors.

I'm not saying there aren't bad people who practice juju things or black Magic (if it works is a topic for another day by itself) but to think a child is into witchcraft is something I can't believe.

These beliefs contribute to child abuse, torture and even killing in the name of trying to exorcise the kids of their demons. SMH

Pls help protect the Nigerian nay african child's future by kicking against anyone or anything that would seek to harm them. Child-witch theory is one such harmful thing.

It stunts their creativity and discourages eccentrics because any child who's weird or different becomes labeled a witch.

1 Like

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 29, 2015
Chai, I remember all our primary/scondary school 'threats' back then in the ancient city of BENIN!!!

- Ogun go kill your papa/mama shocked shocked embarassed

- Caterpillar go climb you grin

And so many many others I cannot really remember

And no, none ever came to pass . . . They were what they were, childish rants!!!

And no, they didn't leave me with some lifelong psychological trauma cause by 'bullying'. But they sure made me develop a sharper mouth stronger! embarassed grin

2 Likes

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 29, 2015
cococandy:

Hmm.
I don't want to go into all these, but I kinda took it for granted that you of all people would know what child psychology entails, their over active imaginations, night terrors and sometimes sleep disorders (too many to type here) that they interprete as witch gathering because of mind conditioning by over zealous prayer warriors.

I'm not saying there aren't bad people who practice juju things or black Magic (if it works is a topic for another day by itself) but to think a child is into witchcraft is something I can't believe.

These beliefs contribute to child abuse, torture and even killing in the name of trying to exorcise the kids of their demons. SMH

Pls help protect the Nigerian nay african child's future by kicking against anyone or anything that would seek to harm them. Child-witch theory is one such harmful thing.

It stunts their creativity and discourages eccentrics because any child who's weird or different becomes labeled a witch.

Honestly, my belief in the whole 'juju/witchcraft' thing was recently challenged.

Let's just say I now think Nigerians have over active imaginations. I seriously doubt if such a thing as witchcraft/evil spirit ever exist!

Pastors who claim to cast out demons are doing nothing but take advantage of our already amplified fears and insecurities.

Except of course, something else happens to change this my thinking.

1 Like

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 29, 2015
bukatyne:

And Mark said he will turn him to Mango and eat him?

Don't report to his mom or the school authorities yet

However, pray for your son.

It might be child's play....

And Mark might be serious.

Serious as in?

You think a person can actually be turned in a fruit and eaten undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by ireneidiva(f): 5:40pm On Apr 29, 2015
Hmmm. Op, you are trolling, right?
Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by freecocoa(f): 5:56pm On Apr 29, 2015
bukatyne:

I did cheesy
I still find it hard to believe.
Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by jmoore(m): 5:57pm On Apr 29, 2015
[img]http://unknowntomany.files./2011/03/day-74.jpg[/img]
Please, let the op be. It is possible. grin grin
Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by freecocoa(f): 6:03pm On Apr 29, 2015
Wedon:
Chai, I remember all our primary/scondary school 'threats' back then in the ancient city of BENIN!!!

- Ogun go kill your papa/mama shocked shocked embarassed

- Caterpillar go climb you grin

And so many many others I cannot really remember

And no, none ever came to pass . . . They were what they were, childish rants!!!

And no, they didn't leave me with some lifelong psychological trauma cause by 'bullying'. But they sure made me develop a sharper mouth stronger! embarassed grin

Just today, a little sweetie of mine said he'd kill me because I didn't give him candy after giving the other kids, dude was weeping while at it,chasing me all over the compound.

I have called my gazillion of pastors and prayer warriors, I'm scared of sleeping tonight.
Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by bukatyne(f): 7:29pm On Apr 29, 2015
cococandy:

Hmm.

I know that childhood is filled with drama and hyperactivity and I will agree with you that about 70% of 'witchcraft' cases are just that

However, There are Some children who are witches sadly.

If a person can be possessed with the power of God, it is only natural that Some people will be possessed with the power of the devil.

As God seeks to give life, the devil seeks to take it.

A studeby in my secondary school was expelled because of witchcraft.

And believe me, accusing someone of witchcraft was a terrible offence in my school.

I know that the supposed innocence of children is sometimes deceptive however, underneath the surface, Some stuffs happen.

Cc: Wedon and freecocoa

1 Like

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by cococandy(f): 7:44pm On Apr 29, 2015
Well let's agree to disagree.
bukatyne:

I know that childhood is filled with drama and hyperactivity and I will agree with you that about 70% of 'witchcraft' cases are just that

If a person can be possessed with the power of God, it is only natural that Some people will be possessed with the power of the devil.

And believe me, accusing someone of witchcraft was a terrible offence in my school.

I know that the supposed innocence of children is sometimes deceptive however, underneath the surface, Some stuffs happen.

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by bukatyne(f): 7:53pm On Apr 29, 2015
cococandy:
Well let's agree to disagree.

No problem

1 Like

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by Stillfire: 7:54pm On Apr 29, 2015
bebe2:

grin I beg leaf her, she wan catch witch na grin

U know say we edo pple sabi fly,
@ op my kids tell each other worse things, who do I report them to?

And u forget to ask ur son wat he said to d boy.

Oh I get it now, Edo and witchy things, lollllllllllllllll, so that is where the OP was going to? lmao.

1 Like

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by freecocoa(f): 8:07pm On Apr 29, 2015
bukatyne:

I wish I can believe things like these, how can they expel a witch, when the supposed witch posses some sort of power? I mean if I was the witch, I will not even allow them conceive such thoughts, I go use my powers do wonders na, shior.

2 Likes

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by Nigga44: 10:44pm On Apr 29, 2015
bukatyne:

Smh angry angry angry

5 Likes

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by remsonik(f): 7:22am On Apr 30, 2015
jmoore:
[img]http://unknowntomany.files./2011/03/day-74.jpg[/img]
Please, let the op be. It is possible. grin grin
So you are mark ehn
Op come check this head of mango well o hope it's not your son.
Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by Purist(m): 6:04pm On May 03, 2015
The kinda things I read on this forum sometimes is enough to make me have a detachable head by now with the way I vigorously shake my head at an alarmingly high interval.

Child-witch? Really? It's 2015 for bleeps sake!!

Africans... Smh

2 Likes

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by Purist(m): 6:11pm On May 03, 2015
bukatyne:

100%, actually.

bukatyne:

There are NO children who are witches. I challenge you to bring forward ANY case and let's examine it together.

bukatyne:

How were they able to ascertain that this student was a witch? I'm genuinely curious.

1 Like

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by VolvoS60(m): 1:48am On May 04, 2015
grin

Funny thread. Even funnier than some gems in the politics section.

We need industrialization more than ever. It will free us from these chains.

P.S. I have nominated Mark for Honourable Minister of Agriculture of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. His talents are not being utilized in the school where he is now...

1 Like

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by tpiadotcom: 2:06am On May 04, 2015
Lord have mercy.
Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by bukatyne(f): 11:20am On May 04, 2015
Purist:

100%, actually.

There are NO children who are witches. I challenge you to bring forward ANY case and let's examine it together.

How were they able to ascertain that this student was a witch? I'm genuinely curious.

She was behaving oddly (saying stupid things repeatedly(initially, her colleagues thought she was a joker till later on), attitude to mates etc.) and her mates reported her to the matron who punished them.

The rumors still continued despite punishing the rumor mongers(manual labor under the sun, floggings etc.) and the Matron decided to take it up (if students are willing to be deboarded because of their belief, it is wise to see how serious they are)

The issue got to the principal who called the student to her office. The girl started manifesting saying all sorts and allegedly turned to a snake and changed back. I saw my principal and Snr. Boarding House Master run out of the principal's office.

Needless to say, she was bundled back to her house that day and no student ever entered the bus used to transport her again

She also gave a mate of hers a lotion to rub on her lips that she will become popular. (The girl's lip became burnt and she did became popular).

If you believe there are adult witches, why can't some of them be witches from childhood
Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by damiso(f): 11:41am On May 04, 2015
Children say the oddest and meanest things to each other. Inherently children are selfish and tend to throw tantrums or say horrible things when things don't go their way it's up to parents and responsible adults to channel those emotions and try to let them see that they have to consider others and the world does not revolve around them.

Na wa for the correlation between the state of origin and a child's over active imagination undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by Purist(m): 2:08pm On May 04, 2015
bukatyne:

She was behaving oddly (saying silly things repeatedly(initially, her colleagues thought she was a joker till later on), attitude to mates etc.) and her mates reported her to the matron who punished them.

The rumors still continued despite punishing the rumor mongers(manual labor under the sun, floggings etc.) and the Matron decided to take it up (if students are willing to be deboarded because of their belief, it is wise to see how serious they are)

The issue got to the principal who called the student to her office. The girl started manifesting saying all sorts and allegedly turned to a snake and changed back. I saw my principal and Snr. Boarding House Master run out of the principal's office.

Needless to say, she was bundled back to her house that day and no student ever entered the bus used to transport her again

She also gave a mate of hers a lotion to rub on her lips that she will become popular. (The girl's lip became burnt and she did became popular).

If you believe there are adult witches, why can't some of them be witches from childhood

Thank you for your response.

One major problem with anecdotal accounts is that as humans, our memories are notoriously unreliable. The (often) complete lack of falsifiability as well as the ever-present cognitive bias of the storyteller only makes it harder to be taken seriously. Even if you do get one or several others to corroborate your account, there is still the problem of subjective validation to contend with.

Your manner of narration suggests that you were never an eyewitness to any of this student's alleged eccentricities (wouldn't matter either way even if you did witness first-hand), nonetheless, let's consider for the sake of argument that your account is 100% accurate.

It's no secret that ours is a society that is deeply rooted in superstitions and all manner of primitive beliefs, and nothing typifies this phenomenon more so than our varied cultural practices. As cultural psychology dictates that people are inevitably shaped by their culture, there is little to wonder about why virtually everyone in your school nursed a unified, aligned thought toward that one young girl who just so, unfortunately, happened to be weird/troubled. Of course it had to be a female! Ever wondered why the vast majority of witchcraft allegations are mostly represented by people of a certain gender? And why they're usually either very young, or very old? And why they are always mostly from a poor/not-so-glamorous background? Ponder on that for a minute. Keywords: vulnerable, weak, defenceless. But I digress.

Let's examine the "facts" you presented as evidence of her witchcraft:

She was behaving oddly (saying stupid things repeatedly) ... attitude to mates etc.

This proves absolutely zilch. She might have been suffering from a number of conditions: aphasia, glossolalia*, delirium, or even schizophrenia, etc. Poor girl never had proper medical care, but was hurriedly labelled a witch instead. Mental health is major concern all over the world, and an especially big problem in Nigeria. You'd be surprised at how many "normal" people have one minor (or even major) psychiatric/psychological issue or the other. Most people are often a danger to themselves in which case we simply call them weird. When they become a danger to others, however, our ignorant society labels them witches.

If the girl suffered from Epilepsy and frequently had a tonic–clonic seizure, she'd physically exhibit the kind of forceful behaviours the average Nigerian considers only suited to a witch. Eyes turning and rolling backwards, muscles contracting, back arching, body jerking, blank stares etc.

*Glossolalia, within, a religious context, is oddly seen as acceptable. Many Pentecostal Christians demonstrate this every Sunday.

The rumours persisted because she was obviously different. She acted different, she talked different. She probably had a medical condition. This is where a responsible and enlightened school authority should have stepped in to help the poor girl. They tried to help, you say? Leads us to the next point.

You and I will never know what transpired in that office, but know this - it is completely impossible for any human being to transform into another creature or object. It has NEVER happened anywhere on earth and will never happen, except in sci-fi, superhero or horror movies. Your principal and house master might have run of out of that office for a thousand and one reasons, but I assure you, the girl turning into a snake is definitely not one of those reasons.

Think about it for a moment: Of the many years (or months?) she spent in that school, she chose that one time to demonstrate her real powers to the very people who were capable of expelling her? Away from public eye? Of course, it had to happen in private as is always the case with these kinda stories. And so it becomes "They said", "It was alleged", etc. Since the advent of camera phones in the early to mid 2000s, don't you find it curious that not a single person anywhere in the world has been able to successfully capture these kinda events on film? And please, don't mention those fraudulent videos on YouTube.

Poor girl probably got stressed the hell out and had a seizure ("manifesting" ) while they were trying to force a confession out of her, she started to jerk and twitch and curl violently on the floor like a snake, the Principal and House Master had no idea what was going on so they freaked out and ran for their lives. grin grin Which is why I am convinced whatever they did in that room was certainly not an attempt to help the young girl.

Somehow, and knowing Nigerians, the story then gradually changes from "she was turning like a snake" to "she turned into a snake" grin cheesy grin cheesy Some would even claim they were there and saw it with their two korokoro eyes. grin And then it becomes an urban legend, passed on from one set to another, from one generation to another. cheesy

Naturally. The school authorities imposed their ignorance on the students and the young students, naturally, feared what they couldn't understand.

In my secondary school days, I rubbed chalk on a classmate's head, he later had some infection on his head that he had to shave all his hair off. Needless to say, he did become popular afterwards -- the ever-amiable Gorimapa.

I must be a witch too. smiley

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Girl Just Delivered A Bouncing Baby Boy, Congrats To Me - Photos / Can You Have A Joint Account With Your Spouse? / My 9month Old Baby,no Teeth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.