Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,508 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil (42442 Views)

Ministerial List: Buhari Only Sent 21 Names, To Send Other Before Tuesday / FG To Deploy Yoruba Teachers To Brazil / Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by weconnect: 6:35am On May 02, 2015
Mapletraks:

^^^^^^^
@stabillo

Yea, in old Havana in Cuba, the Yoruba or Lucumi traditions, religion and language are
still very much alive.

Prof. Wole Soyinka is very popular in Cuba as well as the current Ooni of Ife who first visited
the house of Oodua or Yoruba descendants in
1987 and later in 2001. He was received by
Fidel Castro on both occasions.

For over 15 years now, I have read extensively
about the Yoruba Descendants and religion/music in Cuba and I can say that Yoruba
influence is even stronger in Cuba than in
Brazil because the Spanish in Cuba were less
repressive to Blacks on the slave sugar
plantations and estates.

I must also add that in the Matanzas Province
of Cuba, the Efik and Ibibio culture is still
alive via the Ekpe society, and art!

Up to 175,000 Yorubas from Ijesa, Egba, Oyo, Ketu in Benin Rep. were shipped to Cuba
in the 1800s alone and almost an equal
number to Bahia in Brazil!

Words such as ere, ijo, ile for example are noticeable in the tropical music of Cuba.

Last but NOT least, the wealthy Nigerian
billionaire business mogul - Ambassador
Antonio Dehinde Fernandez's Yoruba ancestors
returned from Cuba and settled in Lagos Island
like most Yorubas who returned from Brazil, Cuba, Trinidad, Sierra Leone, and USA via Liberia
did.

PS. The Alakija family patriach of Egba-Brazilian
returnees was Sir. Adeyemo Alakija who dropped
his Brazilian name of Placido Assumpcao after
reading law in the UK in 1914. He was a very rich
man in his days and co-founded the iconic
Daily Times. He was the first Nigerian to
be knighted by the British royalty.

~Mapletraks

although I'm a full blooded Delta Igbo guy
But I must confess, I love the program and I love the way you analys this

On the Alakija issue
I wish others can also emulate him and come back home

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by olalat(m): 6:36am On May 02, 2015
NZEGWUAGU:
I don't see how Yorubas would be celebrating slavery in the name of influence. Those were slaves and decendant of slaves that were sold from Yoruba land. It's nothing to be proud about. They were not migrant settlers. They were slaves used by such countries to boost their economy!

I will not feel bitter by your comment as a Yoruba man until you tell me the ancestral origin of your fore fathers.
All Yoruba's through out the world can trace their origin to Ile Ife. Where did your ancestors originate from? I want to learn from you pls.

9 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Ilekeh(f): 6:36am On May 02, 2015
Truckpusher:
Go sleep oh , before you turn your paper work to toilet paper. tongue grin

realjoker:
lol...eat at this early hour or your Gmt differs from ours or u no chop sleep.

Na Truckpusher chop my food.

cry

@truckpusher I'm not going to sleep. I'm going AWOL. If an Aba man tries to kidnap you, just holla
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by odave: 6:37am On May 02, 2015
Truckpusher:
I know but its not good.

*Grabs her head with olive oil to anoint her* repent ! repent!
every spirit of ikworkrikwor and mgburugburu flee from her

My daughter you're now free. cheesy

Lmao what!!!! See as I dey grin at my phone..thanks for making laugh ds early bro
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Ilekeh(f): 6:40am On May 02, 2015
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Ilekeh(f): 6:40am On May 02, 2015
A Feast to celebrate Yoruba culture

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-21389976
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by dammieco(m): 6:41am On May 02, 2015
khalleb:
YORUBA
The most selling Nigeria language outside Nigeria
OF COURSE grin
khalleb:
YORUBA
OF COURSE
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Ilekeh(f): 6:42am On May 02, 2015
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Ahmeduana(m): 6:43am On May 02, 2015
madamoringo:
Some chest beaters from the Beastafar regions will commit suicide because of these news!
IS IT PART OF YORUBA CULTURE TO BE NAUGHTY?
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by luminousity(m): 6:43am On May 02, 2015
I am proud to be a Nigerian.
Feeling on top of the word to be a YORUBA man
Love them Igbo's.
Glad that the Hausa's are always available to meet my need.
Even the Ijaws, Tivs, Edo's..etc are never let out.
Inrespectives of our differences, we should never let that separate us cos united we stand, divided we fall..
One Love Naija.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Youngzedd(m): 6:45am On May 02, 2015
WTF

This is a waste of resources mehn.
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Ilekeh(f): 6:46am On May 02, 2015
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by ThisMeansWAR: 6:46am On May 02, 2015
Truth234:

Were your people not also enslaved? but what did they left behind, nothing because they quickly forgot their origin and fade away with their history. Don't be too myopic!
they are even slaves in their own land... Most of them don't speak their language anymore.. They embraced a Jewish God more than their own God.. Some of them even think they are decendant of the Jews.. Dumb people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Ilekeh(f): 6:47am On May 02, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
they are even slaves in there own land... Most of them don't speak there language anymore.. They embraced a Jewish God more than their own God.. Some of them even think they are decendant of the Jews.. Dumb people.

Most of the speak Yoruba more than they do Igbo.
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by soccerpipe(m): 6:48am On May 02, 2015
shocked...Na Brazil sabi speak our language pass we again abi? Dem just dy waste our Moni
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by realjoker(m): 6:49am On May 02, 2015
Ilekeh:
Yoruba culture is not only peaceful, civilized but also lovable.

1. We had gender equality before the white colonists

a) our women were rulers (queens)
b) Equality in politics
c) Our women could inherit their father's lands

and we have been practicing democracy before some language even know how to count one to ten in their native tongue even though they cant still count uptil date.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by ThisMeansWAR: 6:50am On May 02, 2015
olalat:

I will not feel bitter by your comment as a Yoruba man until you tell me the ancestral origin of your fore fathers.
All Yoruba's through out the world can trace their origin to Ile Ife. Where did your ancestors originate from? I want to learn from you pls.
they are decendant of the Jews wink cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by anonimi: 6:50am On May 02, 2015
Truckpusher:
Every tribe that was close to the Atlantic ocean in modern day Nigeria sold slaves, even our brothers in the South East and Northern Nigeria weren't left out of the bazaar.

It was a shame.

It was but we somehow avoid recognising, discussing and dissecting our PAST in order to understand the useful lessons so we do NOT repeat same errors!

Can you imagine visiting Gore Islands in Senegal and the guide telling tourists that most of the slaves who passed through the place were yorubas and I dey there quietly reflecting on it.

1 Like

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Ilekeh(f): 6:52am On May 02, 2015
realjoker:
and we have been practicing democracy before some language even know how to count one to ten in their native tongue even though they cant still count uptil date.

wink

One last post

1. Yorubas are very tolerant
a) We celebrate CENTURIES of peace between Islam and Christianity and Yoruba religion in Yorubaland
b) We consider ourselves as Yoruba FIRST, anything else SECOND

11 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Nobody: 6:52am On May 02, 2015
Yoloba again,why yoloba¿
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by xtervaganza(m): 6:52am On May 02, 2015
im enjoying this topic ooo grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Ilekeh(f): 6:54am On May 02, 2015
anonimi:

It was but we somehow avoid recognising, discussing and dissecting our PAST in order to understand the useful lessons so we do NOT repeat same errors!

Can you imagine visiting Gore Islands in Senegal and the guide telling tourists that most of the slaves who passed through the place were yorubas and I dey there quietly reflecting on it.

Joker.

We ALL know that the highest # of slaves were imported from the Biafran enclave. Someone needs to educate you.

Slaves were PRODUCTS.....they were sailed to different regions and sold to different buyers. And educated person wouldn't be shocked that Yoruba slaves passed through Senegal.

7 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Nobody: 6:54am On May 02, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Next thing some skunks wll turn this int a tribal bashing thread.

So Neymar and Ronaldinho are yorubas.

Nope,heard they are igbo origin...
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Nobody: 6:55am On May 02, 2015
khalleb:
YORUBA

But why yoloba na¿
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Ilekeh(f): 6:55am On May 02, 2015
This topic just sweet my body. I can't stop posting grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by anonimi: 6:57am On May 02, 2015
Ilekeh:
When Yoruba Day was held in Ghana...

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/features2/item/27757-when-yoruba-day-was-held-in-ghana.html

Hope you realise that the Ghanaian greeting Akwaba for welcome is similar to the yoruba phrase E ku abo.

I also understand most twins are delivered by yorubas and a Ghanaian tribe. Pointers that we are MORE related than we care to admit as blacks across tribes and even as humans!

3 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Horlawale1(m): 6:57am On May 02, 2015
Omo odudua
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Ilekeh(f): 6:58am On May 02, 2015

3 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by anonimi: 7:00am On May 02, 2015
Ilekeh:

Joker.

We ALL know that the highest # of slaves were imported from the Biafran enclave. Someone needs to educate you.

This is not about my tribe better pass your own!

Which tribe had slave raiding wars leading to rise and fall of villages, towns & cities

1 Like

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Ilekeh(f): 7:00am On May 02, 2015
anonimi:

Hope you realise that the Ghanaian greeting Akwaba for welcome is similar to the yoruba phrase E ku abo.

I also understand most twins are delivered by yorubas and a Ghanaian tribe. Pointers that we are MORE related than we care to admit as blacks across tribes and even as humans!

wink

1 Like

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Ilekeh(f): 7:01am On May 02, 2015
anonimi:

This is not about my tribe better pass your own!

Which tribe had slave raiding wars leading to rise and fall of villages, towns & cities

I only corrected your mistake son! wink

5 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by otokpamike(m): 7:02am On May 02, 2015
Which of the Yoruba langauge will they teach them,since we have different types.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Atiku Considers Soludo, Adesina, Chike Obi, Peter Obi,Ekweremadu As Running Mate / Oshiomhole Pleads For Out-of-court Settlement In Ortom’s N10bn Suit / Ihedioha Reacts To Supreme Court Judgment Declaring Uzodinma Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.