Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil (42441 Views)

Ministerial List: Buhari Only Sent 21 Names, To Send Other Before Tuesday / FG To Deploy Yoruba Teachers To Brazil / Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by cocokiller1(f): 8:41am On May 02, 2015
babyosisi:
When the front side no do,the civilized woman show their nyashi
Tufiakwa
lmao
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by nechenwa(m): 8:43am On May 02, 2015
[quote author=GhaliNaaba post=33253816]What about ndigbo in France??
grin grin grin
Yoruba are very great sha![/quote) if they don't talk abt u then u ain't nobody. Proudly igbo......stop this shithole, stick with the thread....plz

1 Like

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by ElekeNtioba: 8:44am On May 02, 2015
Ilekeh:

grin

my dear its dat poop am seeing?? ewwww
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by cocokiller1(f): 8:44am On May 02, 2015
Ilekeh:
People love mythologies
2. We had our own mythology, our own gods and goddesses to protect us a) akin to the Greeks, we had our own mythology
https://www.pinterest.com/cosmiqueen/yoruba-orishas/
the oya picx kinda looks like a magazine cover of kim k I love myths tho I read abt ol ranging 4rm dat of d greeks dwn to dat of yorubas. evn eygyptian mythology
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Lushore1: 8:45am On May 02, 2015
proxillin:

This will make jealous Igbos wanna shoot you. These are not even black people celebrating Yoruba culture. These are white people. That's why they needs those reachers.

They are even more proud and celebrate yoruba culture more than many yoruba i know...
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by NigerMan1: 8:52am On May 02, 2015
GhaliNaaba:
What about ndigbo in France??
grin grin grin
Yoruba are very great sha!

GhaliNaaba - it not about being GREAT my bro.
They were slaves that were raided in their various communities and sold in to slavery. Some were later settled in part of present day Brazil with other black slaves.

Inter racial slavery is nothing to be PROUD about at all. It gave away the fact that our fathers were WEAK and disorganized; operated below 'oyinbo' standards.

Unfortunately the same mindset of Low Mentality still plague us in Black Africa and Black dominated territories on planet earth till day.

When you see news like this, the proper reaction is to reflect back to our POOR past, to exert progressive route and modalities for BIGGER futures.

Unfortunately we rather turn it into local 'Tribal Superiority' game - like you just did. And that my friend, is one of the biggest PILLARS for our collective global backwardness.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by proxillin(m): 8:53am On May 02, 2015
Lushore1:

They are even more proud and celebrate yoruba culture more than many yoruba i know...

Last year , I saw some cuban guys reciting Yoruba IFA verses. I was ashamed of myself.

Although I am not a fan of IFA or idolims.

5 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by nechenwa(m): 8:54am On May 02, 2015
coolitempa:
these are d sort of things......can cause nna heartache..... grin
we ain't Tribalistic like una....this thread is suppose to b all abt ur tribe. I wonder wat brought about this nna into it.
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by proxillin(m): 8:57am On May 02, 2015
NigerMan1:

GhaliNaaba - it not about being GREAT my bro.
They were slaves that were raided in their various communities and sold in to slavery. Some were later settled in part of present day Brazil with other black slaves.

Inter racial slavery is nothing to be PROUD about at all. It gave away the fact that our fathers were WEAK and disorganized; operated below 'oyinbo' standards.

Unfortunately the same mindset of Low Mentality still plague us in Black Africa and Black dominated territories on planet earth till day.

When you news like this, try to reflect back to our poor past, to exert proper route and modalities for BIGGER futures. Unfortunately we rather turn into local 'Tribal Superiority' game - just as you just did.

Burt hurt Igbo boy. They are white guys celebrating and adopting Yoruba cultures. This is not about blackguys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BswP7mziKd8

Tell me people in this movie are black.

Yes Yoruba culture is far superior. If that's what makes you angry. We are proud of our culture. We are not ashmed of it.

We have no shame. Yes we have no shamw

5 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Ilekeh(f): 9:01am On May 02, 2015
proxillin:

Burt hurt Igbo boy. They are white guys celebrating and adopting Yoruba cultures. This is not about blackguys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BswP7mziKd8

Tell me people in this movie are black.

Yes Yoruba culture is far superior. If that's what makes you angry. We are proud of our culture. We are not ashmed of it.

We have no shame. Yes we have no shamw

My white boss loves Yoruba culture.

Thanks to Fela tongue

5 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Ilekeh(f): 9:03am On May 02, 2015
ElekeNtioba:

my dear its dat poop am seeing?? ewwww

Is that what your white friends call you? Poop because you're black?

Kwensh! Kwensh! grin

5 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by paparazzi1987(m): 9:29am On May 02, 2015
alaoeri:

Maybe Israel since they are. Of claimed to be Jewish descendants. grin
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by ElekeNtioba: 9:45am On May 02, 2015
Ilekeh:

Is that what your white friends call you? Poop because you're black?

Kwensh! Kwensh! grin

dis one is recognizable......i almost puked looking at d previous one.... angry
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Ilekeh(f): 9:47am On May 02, 2015
ElekeNtioba:

dis one is recognizable......i almost puked looking at d previous one.... angry

PUKE AND KWENSH!! grin

4 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by rman: 9:48am On May 02, 2015
Ilekeh:

First of all, he's not Igbo, he's Ijaw. Second of all, I'm gonna have to pass.

I think both of you will make a great couple.
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Homguy(m): 9:51am On May 02, 2015
Caveat! Get ready to be abandoned in Brazil tho, The Nigerian government is quick to start projects they won't follow through with.
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by solayd(m): 9:57am On May 02, 2015
Mapletraks:
@Op

That is Great!

Bahia in Brazil was the major point in Brazil
where thousands of Yoruba captives from Nigeria and Yorubas in Benin Republic landed.

Some returned to Nigeria after the slave trade ended and many became very wealthy.

The Alakija family came back from Brazil. Candido DaRocha was of Ijesa ancestry whose father also came back from Bahia in Brazil. Candido DaRocha built the Water House on Kakawa st. Lagos Island with another exact replica built by him in Bahia, Brazil in the late 1800s[DaRocha was a very rich man and he was the father of the founder of ADRAO International School, VI].
lol u be Historian grin

2 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by murphy02(m): 10:09am On May 02, 2015
Yoruba language is very sweet though shocked shocked....
sending teachers to the yorubas outside the country is not a bad idea....
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by ElekeNtioba: 10:09am On May 02, 2015
Ilekeh:

PUKE AND KWENSH!! grin

u mean u really enjoy dat tin undecided

am disappointed in u my dear...
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Ilekeh(f): 10:11am On May 02, 2015
Ilekeh:

PUKE AND KWENSH!! grin
ElekeNtioba:

u mean u really enjoy dat tin undecided

am disappointed in u my dear...

I'm disappointed in you that you don't. Better than apku.....trusssss me

2 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by saintneo(m): 10:12am On May 02, 2015
proxillin:

Jealousy and hate. Yoruba are in these countries too.however, both Yoruba and Igbo are not dominating here.

Have you gone to Cuba before ? Yoruba is like a third language in Cuba. They have even mixed Yoruba words with Spanish. Their are people who now take ifa as a religion.

Go to Togo Yoruba 1 third of the population. That's why FG is sending teachers to these countries.

You guys are always jealous of Yoruba. That's why you claim to own Lagos. You always want what we want.

Please could you point out the jealousy and hate in my quote.

You are the one that is jealous and hateful. You want to deny our lost brothers in the afore mentioned countries their quest for an identity.

I'm not out for any tribal banter with you, if you want a friendly discussion then stop raising dust in the desert.
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Obiwiz(m): 10:13am On May 02, 2015
lolz. I've travelled from ph to uyo to calabar to enugu to owerri to yenagoa to warri, but wen I moved westward I was shocked wen I witnessed d BAD FOOD AND TERRIBLE EATING HABIT. I really agree with ilekeh-dey are SO CIVILISED.
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Ilekeh(f): 10:15am On May 02, 2015
Obiwiz:
lolz. I've travelled from ph to uyo to calabar to enugu to owerri to yenagoa to warri, but wen I moved westward I was shocked wen I witnessed d BAD FOOD AND TERRIBLE EATING HABIT. I really agree with ilekeh-dey are SO CIVILISED.

I wouldn't be surprised if westward to you is 2 km from your compound in Enugu.

12 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by brojero: 10:15am On May 02, 2015
for those who are interested, you can get a free download of Samuel Johnson's "The History of the Yorubas" here

https://archive.org/details/historyofyorubas00john

Lots of download options including .pdf and .mobi (for ebook and kindle devices)
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Dindera(m): 10:17am On May 02, 2015
babyosisi:

And feared faces to match grin
Hahahahaha

This is what we call....

ASAMBODO grin grin grin grin
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by proxillin(m): 10:22am On May 02, 2015
saintneo:

Please could you point out the jealousy and hate in my quote.

You are the one that is jealous and hateful. You want to deny our lost brothers in the afore mentioned countries their quest for an identity.

I'm not out for any tribal banter with you, if you want a friendly discussion then stop raising dust in the desert.

We can't be sending teachers to every countries that has little settlements of Yoruba or Igbo. Cuba and Brazil has adopted and recognized Yoruba culture. That's where we need to send teachers to.

1 Like

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Obiwiz(m): 10:26am On May 02, 2015
Ilekeh:

I wouldn't be surprised if westward to you is 2 km from your compound in Enugu.
Ilorin isn't 2km from PH. You can do better. But first go back to the point I raised: BAD FOOD AND TERRIBLE EATING HABITS. True or false?
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by falopey: 10:27am On May 02, 2015
jasper83:

Yet some people will still argue blindly that Lagos is a no mans land( an empty vast of land the Britons discovered).

See how you just contradict your self. So the British didn't meet an Oba in Lagos when they came abi. The American slave merchant s that came before colonial masters were dealing with the traditional ruler in the slave trade.
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by proxillin(m): 10:27am On May 02, 2015
Obiwiz:

I have spent 2 years in anambra. There are some eating habits there that makes my puke. It is people not tribe

6 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Mamatee07: 10:28am On May 02, 2015
Truth234:

Lol..You are very right, imagine Chiwetel Ejiofor repeatedly said he is British while David Oyelowo is teaching the likes of Oprah Winfery, Jimmy Fallon how to pronounce his name the Yoruba way. The world knows Sade Adu, Wale, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje etc loud their origin even speak the language in major movies. I have not heard similar thing from Tinie Tempah o lol..

Honestly that is the difference, Yorubas are proud of their heritage no matter where they are. I was so impressed, every interview Oyelowo does he makes sure he teaches them how to pronounce his name correctly unlike some others that even deny Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by proxillin(m): 10:30am On May 02, 2015
falopey:

See how you just contradict your self. So the British didn't meet an Oba in Lagos when they came abi. The American slave merchant s that came before colonial masters were dealing with the traditional ruler in the slave trade.

Never argue with a nonentity. Lagos was discovered by portuguess and not Britons. They don't know anything about Lagos. That's why they sound foolish when they claim to know Lagos.

That tribe ehn....thank God we showed them who really owns Lagos in last election. Next time they won't interfere in Lagos matter any more..

4 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by boluyongp(m): 10:36am On May 02, 2015
Ahh!!! They won't come back o. The Brazilians are too friendly and the girls are EXTREMELY beautiful and dem no dey form like naija babes. These teachers won't come back, dem go just dey knack dem beautiful babes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Atiku Considers Soludo, Adesina, Chike Obi, Peter Obi,Ekweremadu As Running Mate / Oshiomhole Pleads For Out-of-court Settlement In Ortom’s N10bn Suit / Ihedioha Reacts To Supreme Court Judgment Declaring Uzodinma Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.