Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil (42439 Views)

Ministerial List: Buhari Only Sent 21 Names, To Send Other Before Tuesday / FG To Deploy Yoruba Teachers To Brazil / Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Truth234(m): 7:04am On May 02, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
they are even slaves in their own land... Most of them don't speak their language anymore.. They embraced a Jewish God more than their own God.. Some of them even think they are decendant of the Jews.. Dumb people.

Lol..You are very right, imagine Chiwetel Ejiofor repeatedly said he is British while David Oyelowo is teaching the likes of Oprah Winfery, Jimmy Fallon how to pronounce his name the Yoruba way. The world knows Sade Adu, Wale, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje etc loud their origin even speak the language in major movies. I have not heard similar thing from Tinie Tempah o lol..

12 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by royalcatier: 7:07am On May 02, 2015
Who are 'We'? Ta ni bimo Ale? Who told you That 'Yoruba sold the most slaves'? You are not part of Yoruba, find your level!

anonimi:

Is yoruba actually being exported

Or is this not a recognition of the FACT that we yorubas sold the most SLAVES?

4 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by ThisMeansWAR: 7:07am On May 02, 2015
Truth234:

Lol..You are very right, imagine Chiwetel Ejiofor repeatedly said he is British while David Oyelowo is teaching the likes of Oprah Winfery, Jimmy Fallon how to pronounce his name the Yoruba way. The world knows Sade Adu, Wale, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje etc loud their origin even speak the language in major movies. I have not heard similar action from Tinie Tempah o lol..
yeah... I think it's self hate.

5 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Truth234(m): 7:11am On May 02, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
yeah... I think it's self hate.

Bros me go call am inferiority complex o

5 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by saintneo(m): 7:11am On May 02, 2015
Haiti, Barbados, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Georgia USA, T&T.....send Igbo teachers there.
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by realjoker(m): 7:12am On May 02, 2015

3 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:12am On May 02, 2015
that's brazil fvcked then
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by tunnary(m): 7:13am On May 02, 2015
I'm proud 2be among d most influencial dialect in naija. Dats hw we roll, circulatin all around

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by realjoker(m): 7:14am On May 02, 2015
otokpamike:
Which of the Yoruba langauge will they teach them,since we have different types.
jews yoruba or yoruba obsession
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by internetpirate: 7:16am On May 02, 2015
Nice contribution! The Ekpe, Okonko, Obon etc are not just aboriginal to the Efiks and Ibibios, a sizeable chunk of Igbo land primarily the Ohafia axis are deeply rooted in these. If the rate, spread and keypoints of slave trade is anything to go by, Ohafia descendants could be the ones being highlighted in Cuba. Ohafia tongue is greatly influenced by Efik and Ibibio too!

Mapletraks:

^^^^^^^
@stabillo

Yea, in old Havana in Cuba, the Yoruba or Lucumi traditions, religion and language are
still very much alive.

Prof. Wole Soyinka is very popular in Cuba as well as the current Ooni of Ife who first visited
the house of Oodua or Yoruba descendants in
1987 and later in 2001. He was received by
Fidel Castro on both occasions.

For over 15 years now, I have read extensively
about the Yoruba Descendants and religion/music in Cuba and I can say that Yoruba
influence is even stronger in Cuba than in
Brazil because the Spanish in Cuba were less
repressive to Blacks on the slave sugar
plantations and estates.

I must also add that in the Matanzas Province
of Cuba, the Efik and Ibibio culture is still
alive via the Ekpe society, and art!

Up to 175,000 Yorubas from Ijesa, Egba, Oyo, Ketu in Benin Rep. were shipped to Cuba
in the 1800s alone and almost an equal
number to Bahia in Brazil!

Words such as ere, ijo, ile for example are noticeable in the tropical music of Cuba.

Last but NOT least, the wealthy Nigerian
billionaire business mogul - Ambassador
Antonio Dehinde Fernandez's Yoruba ancestors
returned from Cuba and settled in Lagos Island
like most Yorubas who returned from Brazil, Cuba, Trinidad, Sierra Leone, and USA via Liberia
did.

PS. The Alakija family patriach of Egba-Brazilian
returnees was Sir. Adeyemo Alakija who dropped
his Brazilian name of Placido Assumpcao after
reading law in the UK in 1914. He was a very rich
man in his days and co-founded the iconic
Daily Times. He was the first Nigerian to
be knighted by the British royalty.

~Mapletraks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by tunnary(m): 7:18am On May 02, 2015
[color=][/color]

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by SEXYDUDE009: 7:18am On May 02, 2015
BULK FULLZ IN BULK FOR TAX RFUND? CALL 07052855732.
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by internetpirate: 7:18am On May 02, 2015
Sorry to contradict you, Hausa is certainly the easiest language, though I admit the Yoruba is easier than Igbo.

Vikkie14:
For Obodo Nigeria, Yoruba Language is like PUNCH newspaper: THE MOST WIDELY SPOKEN LANGUAGE.

From Nigeria to Benin to Cuba to Brazil to US etc, Yoruba stands out.

In Nigeria, stats show that there each yoruba states has different Yoruba languages. The yoruba spoken by the people of Ife is different from that of Ilesha, that of Iwo from Ibadan, that of Ijesha's from Igbomina, that of Ijebu from that of Lagos, that of Kwara from Ekiti, etc.

There is Diversity in Yoruba language. It's the EASIEST language in Nigeria to learn with less stress.
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by shidof(m): 7:19am On May 02, 2015
Athanatos:

So banking on it means calling Igbos names?

You're more mature than this na!

I'm Igbo and this is good news...I don't see anything in it that would cut my life short.

So what are you saying?

Its good that a Nigerian language is being propagated elsewhere.

Even us Igbos have our brothers in Trinidad and Tobago.

Ghanaians have ties with Jamaica.

Its nothing new please,stop making stratospheres out of molehills.

My 2 kobo.
though, m a Yoruba guy, but gotta say it. Ua d most mature dude I've seen on dis topic. kip it up

1 Like

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by realjoker(m): 7:19am On May 02, 2015
royalcatier:
Who are 'We'? Ta ni bimo Ale? Who told you That 'Yoruba sold the most slaves'? You are not part of Yoruba, find your level!

yes he is right, but he refused to let people know that most of the slaves yoruba sold are mostly ibos who were conquored by the yoruba slave lords.

1 Like

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Ilekeh(f): 7:20am On May 02, 2015
otokpamike:
Which of the Yoruba langauge will they teach them,since we have different types.

Oyo Yoruba...... that's the general Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by realjoker(m): 7:22am On May 02, 2015
royalcatier:

yes he is right, but he refused to tell the world that most of slaves sold by the yorubas are mostly ibos that were conquored by yoruba slave lords.
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by royalcatier: 7:25am On May 02, 2015
Ohh! grin grin grin It looks like Yoruba resold ibos again in the new world when the slavery had ended. grin grin ibos probably thought the money being paid on their heads were going to be handed to them and allowed themselves to be sold for the second time grin grin

realjoker:
yes he is right, but he refused to let people know that most of the slaves yoruba sold are mostly ibos who were conquored by the yoruba slave lords.
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Ilekeh(f): 7:27am On May 02, 2015
I am always so proud to be Yoruba.

When I tell you that I am loved because I am Yoruba, you won't believe it.

I have a Yoruba-american accent and people love it grin

I find it funny how igbos make fun of our accent on NL lmao.

Anytime I mention my Yoruba heritage in an organization or at a conference, people revere me. They start telling me about their previous encounter with Yoruba people or literature.

I am ALWAYS so proud to mention Yoruba. I find ways to mention YORUBA. I find opportunities to speak YORUBA.

My personality and my YORUBA heritage has taken me far and beyond.

I just want to thank my Yoruba people for being awesome, great, tolerant, smart and just brilliant outside of Yorubaland. Our reputation precedes us.

Yes, we have a few rotten apples, but which group doesn't. grin

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Ilekeh(f): 7:29am On May 02, 2015
I am Yoruba! Proudly!

Happy! Joyous! I have a sense of identity that makes me proud.

8 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Nobody: 7:32am On May 02, 2015
igbos please dont hate... grin

3 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Ilekeh(f): 7:37am On May 02, 2015

shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Ilekeh(f): 7:38am On May 02, 2015

3 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by yurme(m): 7:39am On May 02, 2015
#Team_Amala_Ati_ewedu

4 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by proxillin(m): 7:44am On May 02, 2015
Trinidad and Tobago, Cuba, brazil , Togo and Abidjan. These are mini Yoruba countries

3 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by FOREXMARTS: 7:44am On May 02, 2015
khalleb:
YORUBA
The most selling Nigeria language outside Nigeria

Errrm not true. Hausa is. No less than 5 stations broadcast in Hausa, BBC, VOA,DUTCHWELLE, LUXEMBOURG, RADIO CHINA. These few come to mind. It's all good for Nigeria all the same.
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by brutef0rce101: 7:46am On May 02, 2015
[s]
babyosisi:

Yes many slaves captured from Yorubaland ended up in Cuba and Brazil working in plantations
What's the big deal
Is that news to anyone?
They didn't get there by choice
They got their bound in chains
That GEJ signed a treaty to teach some descendants of slaves a language of their ancestors is now a bragging right?
Nothing una no go celebrate

Yoruba juju and fetish practice dey nyafu nyafu for Cuba and Brazil too
The Yoruba slaves also transported their juju to the world
They call it Santeria
Read up on that too

I hope these teachers don't go there to start doing rituals
[/s]

See what hatred has done to you Hoesisi? I pity your innocent kids...

5 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by rman: 7:48am On May 02, 2015
I recommend Ilekeh and Truckpusher to get married immediately so all ethnic E-wars on nairaland between Yoruba and Igbo to end immediately.
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by seeker121(m): 7:50am On May 02, 2015
This is another recipe for jealous for the Yoruba tribe but anyhow this is a great news for Yoruba and proudly yoruba boy.

1 Like

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by proxillin(m): 7:50am On May 02, 2015
saintneo:
Haiti, Barbados, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Georgia USA, T&T.....send Igbo teachers there.

Jealousy and hate. Yoruba are in these countries too.however, both Yoruba and Igbo are not dominating here.

Have you gone to Cuba before ? Yoruba is like a third language in Cuba. They have even mixed Yoruba words with Spanish. Their are people who now take ifa as a religion.

Go to Togo Yoruba 1 third of the population. That's why FG is sending teachers to these countries.

You guys are always jealous of Yoruba. That's why you claim to own Lagos. You always want what we want.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by proxillin(m): 7:52am On May 02, 2015
FOREXMARTS:

Errrm not true. Hausa is. No less than 5 stations broadcast in Hausa, BBC, VOA,DUTCHWELLE, LUXEMBOURG, RADIO CHINA. These few come to mind. It's all good for Nigeria all the same.

Hausa is popular in Africa. Yoruba is popular outside Africa.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Uche Ogbuagu: Why I Dumped Ihedioha, PDP For APC / Oshiomhole Pleads For Out-of-court Settlement In Ortom’s N10bn Suit / LP-APC Banner Spotted In Warri, Delta State (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.