Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps (4574 Views)

It's Official, Blackberry Stopped Production Of BB10 Devices: Wave Goodbye!! / Get Google Play Store On Blackberry 10 Devices (OS 10.3+) - Android Version / It's Official Burna Boy Is Breaking Guinness World Records With TECNO BOOM J7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps by tochunna: 9:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
martineverest:
I pity google,cyanogen is coming to haunt dem...most android oem are not happy with google monopoly and strictness on android....oem are likely to go cyanogen.the recent patnership with xiaomi by microsoft is google headache giving
Such an insightful comment. I agree. I'll gladly go down Microsofts windows 10 road if developers truly find their porting program to be seamless. It's great news. I barely see Windows Mobile stutter. I'm all for speed and functionality theses days. It's when I was a kid that android appealed to me me with its launchers and all (the only point android fanboys will dwell on for eternity.)
I watched the Hololens demo yesterday with the robot that could estimate distance and map an environment in real time. It was amazing. The robot hologram could actually compromise and make logical choices. Windows 10 is heading places. It's completely defragmemted. Which developers will love. (android is the king of fragmentation while ios follows closely in recent times.)
Re: It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps by martineverest(m): 10:10pm On Apr 30, 2015
The success of microsoft started from surface tablets(dat sweeping ipad out of the market).the era of satya nadella is shooting microsoft to d top.they want to tell apple and google dat dey determine d outcome of computation.watching microsoft unveil hololens and surface hub in january make me realise dat dey re d company to beat in nearest future.they still got some hidden agendas like virtual reality devices(xbox vr),surface pro 4,illumiroom(room alive)etc dat ll definitely shake d world........microsoft is so innovative
tochunna:

Such an insightful comment. I agree. I'll gladly go down Microsofts windows 10 road if developers truly find their porting program to be seamless. It's great news. I barely see Windows Mobile stutter. I'm all for speed and functionality theses days. It's when I was a kid that android appealed to me me with its launchers and all (the only point android fanboys will dwell on for eternity.)
I watched the Hololens demo yesterday with the robot that could estimate distance and map an environment in real time. It was amazing. The robot hologram could actually compromise and make logical choices. Windows 10 is heading places. It's completely defragmemted. Which developers will love. (android is the king of fragmentation while ios follows closely in recent times.)
Re: It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps by imsuboi(m): 10:22pm On Apr 30, 2015
tochunna:

Nice...
Re: It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps by vowiski(m): 10:31pm On Apr 30, 2015
martineverest:
Like u did u ur incorrect thread

Seems you know better than TheVerge, Reuters and Techcrunch, since they both carried similar title

Or we could hire you... undecided
Re: It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps by Fejok01(f): 10:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
I need your help please. I want to buy a phone 30k or below. Which one should l buy?Thanks in advance.
Re: It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps by martineverest(m): 11:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
I read the verge,windows central,arstechnica daily....u only read the headlines but nit d content.....the content is 100% different from the headline
vowiski:

Seems you know better than TheVerge, Reuters and Techcrunch, since they both carried similar title

Or we could hire you... undecided

2 Likes

Re: It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 30, 2015
martineverest:
I read the verge,windows central,arstechnica daily....u only read the headlines but nit d content.....the content is 100% different from the headline
dont read news from d verge dem 2 dey biased read news from windowscentral and wmpoweruser
Re: It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps by Baddestguyp(m): 2:23am On May 01, 2015
windows won't take iOS or Android out of the market. with all the hype on this windows 10, it might not be a flop but I tell you it can't replace iOS or Android. I for example hate the feel of windows phones. I totally prefer an Android or iOS .

windows is generally boring. dispute this
Re: It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps by Youngpo413: 5:45am On May 01, 2015
Windows phone for life!
Re: It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps by martineverest(m): 6:03am On May 01, 2015
True....its apple-centric
trishguy:
dont read news from d verge dem 2 dey biased read news from windowscentral and wmpoweruser
Re: It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps by Collinz2(m): 7:47am On May 01, 2015
martineverest:
I pity google,cyanogen is coming to haunt dem...most android oem are not happy with google monopoly and strictness on android....oem are likely to go cyanogen.the recent patnership with xiaomi by microsoft is google headache giving
have u used cyanogen rom once, if u do u wil see that they cant haunt google down. And windows 10 wil stil end up as windows 8.
Re: It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps by vowiski(m): 8:41am On May 01, 2015
martineverest:

It is one thing to read, it's another thing to know what you are reading..

A writer with 8-years experience to several international tech blogs, and 3500 lifetime articles to himself will not be bothered by what you think. Please take a seat!
Re: It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps by Baddestguyp(m): 8:43am On May 01, 2015
Collinz2:
have u used cyanogen rom once, if u do u wil see that they cant haunt google down. And windows 10 wil stil end up as windows 8.
true. I don't see windows ruling the smartphone world in years to come. let's see what these windows fanboys will say when (cos it'll probably) it becomes a flop
Re: It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps by martineverest(m): 9:41am On May 01, 2015
It is so barbaric if with ur 8yrs of xperience you cant read an article from a website and deduce a conclusion from it.then ur competency should be questioned..smh for some ppl
vowiski:

A writer with 8-years experience to several international tech blogs, and 3500 lifetime articles to himself will not be bothered by what you think. Please take a seat!
Re: It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps by vowiski(m): 9:57am On May 01, 2015
martineverest:
It is so barbaric if with ur 8yrs of xperience you cant read an article from a website and deduce a conclusion from it.then ur competency should be questioned..smh for some ppl

If your rant will make you sleep at night.. Then you have your way buddy..

I have encountered countless number of your type, but you are a little bit different, because you have not rained low-lify insults on me.

Besides, I don't plagiarise websites, I get first hand information from our direct sources. The recent example is when Recode, claimed Nokia was returning to the phone business.. We sat back, took a break and decided not to give it a shot, because we were sure they were lying.

The next day, we got a press statement from Nokia, debunking the news from Recode. We knew three years ago that Nokia can't do what Recode claimed.

That you don't understand what was written on the tech blog, doesn't make the author or the publication have questionable competency. You should check yourself. Have a great day. This is my last and final reply to you. undecided
Re: It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps by martineverest(m): 10:07am On May 01, 2015
And who asked for ur Far-fetched story......my advice to u is to stop infriging on ppl's intellectual property.plagiarism is against d law.be creative,man.....arividerci
vowiski:

If your rant will make you sleep at night.. Then you have your way buddy..

I have encountered countless number of your type, but you are a little bit different, because you have not rained low-lify insults on me.

Besides, I don't plagiarise websites, I get first hand information from our direct sources. The recent example is when Recode, claimed Nokia was returning to the phone business.. We sat back, took a break and decided not to give it a shot, because we were sure they were lying.

The next day, we got a press statement from Nokia, debunking the news from Recode. We knew three years ago that Nokia can't do what Recode claimed.

That you don't understand what was written on the tech blog, doesn't make the author or the publication have questionable competency. You should check yourself. Have a great day. This is my last and final reply to you. undecided

Re: It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps by slinkman(m): 10:28am On May 01, 2015
I used a cyanogen rom recently and it was so _fucked , I had to go back to Android HTC sense.. about windows, I can only use windows on PC, anything outside that, not even my family would.. it is just plain boring and dull... Android till google makes another is... Android apps is not what makes Android stay relavant, the tweaking is what makes it relevant,, windows 10 and all won't mean jack, it will remain as it is just now.... Android and iOS, only relevant os I know
Re: It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps by LordReed(m): 10:38am On May 01, 2015
vowiski:

Mister take a chill pill, your title is click-bait and you know it. Android and iOS apps are going to be easy to port is different from they are going to run, the implication being you will just install them on a WP10 phone and they will run. Project Astoria is a porting platform designed to make it easy to make app porting easy so get your facts straight.

3 Likes

Re: It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps by Habeebpain(m): 6:19pm On May 01, 2015
martineverest:
Its highly possible.....have u seen what microsoft is about to do with windows 10?,have u head of hololens? Or continuum for windows phone(a feature dat turns ur phone to PC)?,have u heard of surface hub and surface tablet(a tablet dat is making ipad and apple to loose sales)?.......the world is going back to windows

Everybody don turn tech reporter.

The Hololens is an augmented reality device, not virtual reality. It's still in the prototype stage and I'm sure it's going to cost a whole lot of money, which I'm pretty sure a lot of the world's population can't afford. Augmented reality isn't a new thing and I'm sure quite a number of companies have something up their sleeves too.

Surface hub is just a very big surface tablet meant for work spaces. Google already has an app called Android for Work. Slap it on a large touchscreen display that has support for about 20 touch points and you have a Surface Hub contender. What am I even saying? Nabi, a company known for making android tablets for kids launched a series of large screen tablets ( 32, 43, 55 and 65 inches) for classrooms. So Surface Hub came late to the party.

The Surface Pro 3 is a nice tablet no doubt, but like Microsoft says, it's a tablet that can replace your system. If I want a tablet for reading or entertainment, the Surface isn't what I'll buy. It's actually a work tablet. So you see, it can never cause Apple to lose sales neither can it affect the sales of android tablets. And just so you know, the Surface Pro is one hell of an expensive device.

Android will continue to get popular. Why? It's open source and so many manufacturers are offering it to those at the bottom of the pyramid with wonderful specifications. The bottom of the pyramid is larger than the top.

3 Likes

Re: It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps by martineverest(m): 8:58pm On May 01, 2015
Pls,name companies dat re into augmented reality(AR) xcept failed google glass and upcoming magic leap.it took microsoft 5yrs to develope hololens.hololens comes with HPU dat makes it more powerful dan laptops.microsoft have developed a new device with a new type of processor.if any company is trying to develope AR,it ll take dem yrs to achieve dat ll automatically give hololens time to be accepted by public.once it bcomes popular,developer ll surely focus on it,this neglecting other devices just like what happend to windows fone dat made it second fiddle to android.dont also forget dat microsoft have patented hololens ideas,making it difficult for others to dev. Another device without paying.
Moreover,microsft knows how to make device affordable to consumers.am less concerned about cost cos microsoft is not apple or google dat over priced it google glass.
Do u know d functions and capabilities of surface hub?...if u do,den u ll know datandroid large tablets re trash.

Recently,analyst announced huge fall in tablet sales due to d fact dat tablets re consumer devices and lack productivity.this lead to huge sales of microsft surface tablets due to d fact dat dey re highly productive.many ppl wants to see tablets beyond reading and entertainment.microsoft just launced cheaper surface tablets dat re more productive and cheaper dan ipads ,so as to get to d hands of low income earners ..ipads and android tablets is falling in terms of sales while microsoft tablest re rising in sales.what does dis tell u?

Dont forget dat android as an open-source is what made it popular and what is also killing the platform...the operating system is not trustworthy;security-wise,its worse and its d least smoothest of d 3 OSes....as we re speaking,microsft just announced 'winndows phone continuum',a feature dat makes a phone a full computer.dis ll be d first true computer fone called 'pocket '
PC'.This idea is a treat to android...dont forget dat windows 10 is a new operating system dat ll unify all windows devices( computers,phones,tablets,xbox,surface hubs and hololens) and dis is d major android killerquote author=Habeebpain post=33318333]

The Hololens is an augmented reality device, not virtual reality. It's still in the prototype stage and I'm sure it's going to cost a whole lot of money, which I'm pretty sure a lot of the world's population can't afford. Augmented reality isn't a new thing and I'm sure quite a number of companies have something up their sleeves too.

Surface hub is just a very big surface tablet meant for work spaces. Google already has an app called Android for Work. Slap it on a large touchscreen display that has support for about 20 touch points and you have a Surface Hub contender. What am I even saying? Nabi, a company known for making android tablets for kids launched a series of large screen tablets ( 32, 43, 55 and 65 inches) for classrooms. So Surface Hub came late to the party.

The Surface Pro 3 is a nice tablet no doubt, but like Microsoft says, it's a tablet that can replace your system. If I want a tablet for reading or entertainment, the Surface isn't what I'll buy. It's actually a work tablet. So you see, it can never cause Apple to lose sales neither can it affect the sales of android tablets. And just so you know, the Surface Pro is one hell of an expensive device.

Android will continue to get popular. Why? It's open source and so many manufacturers are offering it to those at the bottom of the pyramid with wonderful specifications. The bottom of the pyramid is larger than the top.
[/quote]
Re: It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 01, 2015
martineverest:
Pls,name companies dat re into augmented reality(AR) xcept failed google glass and upcoming magic leap.it took microsoft 5yrs to develope hololens.hololens comes with HPU dat makes it more powerful dan laptops.microsoft have developed a new device with a new type of processor.if any company is trying to develope AR,it ll take dem yrs to achieve dat ll automatically give hololens time to be accepted by public.once it bcomes popular,developer ll surely focus on it,this neglecting other devices just like what happend to windows fone dat made it second fiddle to android.dont also forget dat microsoft have patented hololens ideas,making it difficult for others to dev. Another device without paying.
Moreover,microsft knows how to make device affordable to consumers.am less concerned about cost cos microsoft is not apple or google dat over priced it google glass.
Do u know d functions and capabilities of surface hub?...if u do,den u ll know datandroid large tablets re trash.

Recently,analyst announced huge fall in tablet sales due to d fact dat tablets re consumer devices and lack productivity.this lead to huge sales of microsft surface tablets due to d fact dat dey re highly productive.many ppl wants to see tablets beyond reading and entertainment.microsoft just launced cheaper surface tablets dat re more productive and cheaper dan ipads ,so as to get to d hands of low income earners ..ipads and android tablets is falling in terms of sales while microsoft tablest re rising in sales.what does dis tell u?

Dont forget dat android as an open-source is what made it popular and what is also killing the platform...the operating system is not trustworthy;security-wise,its worse and its d least smoothest of d 3 OSes....as we re speaking,microsft just announced 'winndows phone continuum',a feature dat makes a phone a full computer.dis ll be d first true computer fone called 'pocket '
PC'.This idea is a treat to android...dont forget dat windows 10 is a new operating system dat ll unify all windows devices( computers,phones,tablets,xbox,surface hubs and hololens) and dis is d major android killerquote author=Habeebpain post=33318333]

your english looks funny cheesy
martineverest:

your english looks funny

1 Like

Re: It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps by Collinz2(m): 9:59pm On May 01, 2015
The way this guy talk abt hololens and surface hub look as if it can bring down google and apple. And surface hub iz an augmented reality

1 Like

Re: It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps by Elxandre(m): 10:17pm On May 01, 2015
vowiski:

Someone trying to become relevant.. ends up embarrassing himself. undecided

shut up!
You are an embarrassment to tech bloggers.
You couldn't even get your story straight.

There wasn't a single place it was mentioned that windows will run Android apps, rather the platform for easy porting of the apps was established.

Lazy blogger.
Re: It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps by martineverest(m): 11:56pm On May 01, 2015
Tanx for dis comment.....i tried correcting,only to get bashing...he s nottin but a lazy wannabe blogger,who is based on plagiarism.he couldnt interprete wat he read on a blog...smh
Elxandre:

shut up!

There wasn't a single place it was mentioned that windows will run Android apps, rather the platform for easy porting of the apps was established.

Lazy blogger.
Re: It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps by Collinz2(m): 10:03am On May 02, 2015
holo lens is awesome
Re: It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps by vowiski(m): 3:01pm On May 02, 2015
Elxandre:

shut up!

Lazy blogger.

If being a Lazy blogger got me an SUV. I think I should become more lazy. undecided
Re: It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps by mrdrizzy(m): 3:42pm On May 02, 2015
Oya e yaf do

Tired of reading epistles

Bt this are my observation

Martineverest is right android being an open source is its growth and its downfall

And yes the demand for droid tabs are falling massively

Tabs are just and oversized android device nothing added or subtracted

Letts just wait and see what windows offers cus there is a differennce btw paper specs and actual specs(learnt a lot from the chinese market)

@vowiski reduce ur ego,it myt get ur burned ..still don't get why ur telling d world dat u have over 2500threads and more dan 6years experience

To make matters worst u had to tell d world u made u got and suv from blogging wtf

There are times u just need to let things slide

Gracias
Re: It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps by vowiski(m): 3:59pm On May 02, 2015
mrdrizzy:
Oya e yaf do

Martineverest is right android being an open source is its growth and its downfall

Letts just wait and see what windows offers cus there is a differennce btw paper specs and actual specs(learnt a lot from the chinese market)

@vowiski reduce ur ego,it myt get ur burned ..still don't get why ur telling d world dat u have over 2500threads and more dan 6years experience

To make matters worst u had to tell d world u made u got and suv from blogging wtf

Gracias

Thanks buddy... undecided
Re: It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps by Elxandre(m): 4:12pm On May 02, 2015
vowiski:

If being a Lazy blogger got me an SUV. I think I should become more lazy. undecided
I don't measure people's worth solely on the amount they have in their bank accounts, so I don't care about your SUV.
Foremost tech bloggers are passionate about their scope and it's not just about the money to them.

Maybe if you were less lazy, you would be riding a rolls Royce. undecided
Re: It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps by vowiski(m): 4:47pm On May 02, 2015
Elxandre:

I don't measure people's worth solely on the amount they have in their bank accounts, so I don't care about your SUV.
Foremost tech bloggers are passionate about their scope and it's not just about the money to them.

Maybe if you were less lazy, you would be riding a rolls Royce. undecided

Someone is pained...

That's about it.. no hard feelings. *handshake undecided

1 Like

Re: It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps by martineverest(m): 5:05pm On May 02, 2015
Good,u take corrections
vowiski:

Thanks buddy... undecided
Re: It's Official! Windows 10 Devices Will Run Android And iOS Apps by martineverest(m): 5:08pm On May 02, 2015
Tanx,man
mrdrizzy:
Oya e yaf do

Gracias

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shocking: Man Marries His Phone In Outrageous Wedding (photos) / How Jumia Nigeria Defrauds Its Customers / Yahoo Messenger On Nokia 5200 Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.