Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,123 members, 7,842,245 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

I Like This Girl Very Much, But My English Is Not Good. Can I Use Pidgin? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Like This Girl Very Much, But My English Is Not Good. Can I Use Pidgin? (3540 Views)

Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? / I Love A Girl Very Much. But She Likes Some1 Else / ]is It Legible To Date A Girl Very Young But You Love Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Like This Girl Very Much, But My English Is Not Good. Can I Use Pidgin? by Sisikilll: 2:23am On Feb 04, 2009
KarmaMod:

Big Turn Off for me but hey she might not mind

Berra go and dust off your EZE GOES To SCHOOL

Rotflmao!!!!  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Karma, never change!!

Sapphic:

Are you kidding me? Abeg jo. It is okay to encourage somebody, but we all know that tabon tabon is a no no with so may of us. And abeg how many educated well mannered (middle to upper class) women will give someone who is speaking pidgin English a second glance? It will take a lot for me not to feel "insulted" (interprete loosely) if some guy (well mannered or not) walked up and started yarning "Abeg fine girl, na wetin be ya name? I like you no be small" or something similar. There is a time and a place for Pidgin English and "toasting" someone is not that right time (not unless that is the only medium that person understands). Rather than that resort to your native language (or not) undecided.

@ Sisi. . . You don change again? Or the almighty powers don come again?

Lmao!! Awww, you will be surprised how many girls go all dreamy eyed to baby I don dey check you out for long time now no be small thing ooooh! tongue

Seriously speaking though. . . I mean take his time with his English. I think the problem here is he is not conversing as fast as he would like to. . . all that taking his time to gather his thoughts and whatnot. I'd rather a guy spoke in slow and steady GOOD English than whiplash inducing Pidgin.

TPTB knows better than to ta si mi angry.

I felt like a change is all.  grin
Re: I Like This Girl Very Much, But My English Is Not Good. Can I Use Pidgin? by KarmaMod(f): 2:25am On Feb 04, 2009
wetin be TPTB
Re: I Like This Girl Very Much, But My English Is Not Good. Can I Use Pidgin? by Nobody: 2:26am On Feb 04, 2009
I can't lie o, sometimes pidgin sounds sexy.

But knowing that he can speak proper English makes it more sexy
Re: I Like This Girl Very Much, But My English Is Not Good. Can I Use Pidgin? by Sisikilll: 2:28am On Feb 04, 2009
KarmaMod:

wetin be TPTB

Lol. . . The Power(s) That Be cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ebony-Silk:

But knowing that he can speak proper English makes it more sexy

You mean sey you like to dey feel am small small tongue
Re: I Like This Girl Very Much, But My English Is Not Good. Can I Use Pidgin? by Nobody: 2:30am On Feb 04, 2009
Sisikilll:

You mean sey you like to dey feel am small small tongue
Hell yea, e be sounding so sexy in my ears. wink
Re: I Like This Girl Very Much, But My English Is Not Good. Can I Use Pidgin? by Sapphic: 2:34am On Feb 04, 2009
Sisikilll:

Lmao!! Awww, you will be surprised how many girls go all dreamy eyed to baby I don dey check you out for long time now no be small thing ooooh! tongue

Seriously speaking though. . . I mean take his time with his English. I think the problem here is he is not conversing as fast as he would like to. . . all that taking his time to gather his thoughts and whatnot. I'd rather a guy spoke in slow and steady GOOD English than whiplash inducing Pidgin.

TPTB knows better than to ta si mi angry.

I felt like a change is all.  grin

I am yet to know one such person. Like Karma said, he should go and dust his English books o. Talking too slow will make him look like one omugo and if he has the misfortune to let his nervousness develop into a stutter, that is a double whammy right there.
Re: I Like This Girl Very Much, But My English Is Not Good. Can I Use Pidgin? by KarmaMod(f): 2:36am On Feb 04, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

You are such a gala seller
Re: I Like This Girl Very Much, But My English Is Not Good. Can I Use Pidgin? by Nobody: 2:40am On Feb 04, 2009
KarmaMod:

You are such a gala seller
whatever cool cool

The reason why I learned pidgin on NL was because it sounded sexyyy grin grin

Okay lemme help you get it str8.

If he can speak correct English and pidgin English, it's so darn sexy. It's like French in my ears.
I mean, one minute he's speaking solid, orgasmic literate English, then next. . . .pidgin, like he owns the best of both worlds. oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked

But if he can't speak english and na pidgin he dey speak all the time, mehn, he best comot from my face undecided
Re: I Like This Girl Very Much, But My English Is Not Good. Can I Use Pidgin? by Sapphic: 3:01am On Feb 04, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

If he can speak correct English and pidgin English, it's so darn sexy. It's like French in my ears.
I mean, one minute he's speaking solid, orgasmic literate English, then next. . . .pidgin, like he owns the best of both worlds. oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked

But if he can't speak english and na pidgin he dey speak all the time, mehn, he best comot from my face undecided

LOL. Okay, I know I do not do the guy thing, but I cannot imagine anything designed to just turn one off than switching to pidgin in the throes of passion. I cannot imagine being in bed having sex, then the guy starts to jabber some broken English ("You fine no be small. E don tay wey I wan tell you say. . . ). I will shove the Arrow away. French. . . ooooh yes. Pidgin. . . no, No, Goodness NOOOO!
Re: I Like This Girl Very Much, But My English Is Not Good. Can I Use Pidgin? by Nobody: 3:41am On Feb 04, 2009
Sapphic:

LOL. Okay, I know I do not do the guy thing, but I cannot imagine anything designed to just turn one off than switching to pidgin in the throes of passion. I cannot imagine being in bed having sex, then the guy starts to jabber some broken English ("You fine no be small. E don tay wey I wan tell you say. . . ). I will shove the Arrow away. French. . . ooooh yes. Pidgin. . . no, No, Goodness NOOOO!
lmao!! maybe to you!

I never said anything about sex o. . . .that one na another matter.
Re: I Like This Girl Very Much, But My English Is Not Good. Can I Use Pidgin? by darqly(m): 3:57am On Feb 04, 2009
Final answer? Just walk away, cos she'll get bored of your tattered english sooner than later!
Re: I Like This Girl Very Much, But My English Is Not Good. Can I Use Pidgin? by Grizzly(m): 9:21am On Feb 04, 2009
Intro: "O baby how far" cool
"Shuooo, how e dey be u sef, u just carry this kin fine body dey waka for road u no want make i talk, ?" cool,
Eheh, continue from there, lipsrsealed
Re: I Like This Girl Very Much, But My English Is Not Good. Can I Use Pidgin? by Omolola1(f): 2:05pm On Feb 04, 2009
@ poster

take your time! if she likes you so much, she won't even notice! no be guarantee o! tongue

but then, you can use pidgin! there are some very posh pidgin! if you know how to use it very well. cool
Re: I Like This Girl Very Much, But My English Is Not Good. Can I Use Pidgin? by martho(m): 3:19pm On Feb 04, 2009
undecided kiss
Re: I Like This Girl Very Much, But My English Is Not Good. Can I Use Pidgin? by Busybody2(f): 7:32pm On Feb 04, 2009

Abeg, most of NL can't speak solid English and they claim to have gfs. . . .so I think you're safe wink

Yeparipa Alagolo shocked soffry soffry na grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed [size=4pt]I have to defend our lord and our masters, what do you mean by that angry Take ya time o grin angry angry angry[/size]
Re: I Like This Girl Very Much, But My English Is Not Good. Can I Use Pidgin? by Archilles(m): 8:36pm On Feb 04, 2009
@Poster,
I'm a little curious about ur "problem". How come u cant speak english bt u can write so well. Ok, maybe someone wrote the post for you. If thats the case, ask the same person to write the lyrics, u cram the wordings and simply recite them. Else, keep sending text message.
Re: I Like This Girl Very Much, But My English Is Not Good. Can I Use Pidgin? by akundo: 8:03am On Feb 05, 2009
hi boy tell this girl you cant speak queens english like her, tell her also that you didnt go to an english school that you went to a french school and that she should not mind your english.but if you cant do that give me a call on 07026850485 let me give you some drugs to make you speak english they so cheap.this drugs are from antata just a tablet can make speak good english. just try
Re: I Like This Girl Very Much, But My English Is Not Good. Can I Use Pidgin? by smooooooth: 9:08am On Feb 05, 2009
poster, you dnt need to use english or pidgin english, the only language a lady hears is money. so use the money language.
Re: I Like This Girl Very Much, But My English Is Not Good. Can I Use Pidgin? by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 05, 2009
giv it a bleeping try.
Re: I Like This Girl Very Much, But My English Is Not Good. Can I Use Pidgin? by hollandis(f): 12:01pm On Feb 05, 2009
smooooooth:

poster, you dnt need to use english or pidgin english, the only language a lady hears is money. so use the money language.

thats not funny angry
Re: I Like This Girl Very Much, But My English Is Not Good. Can I Use Pidgin? by JazzFreak(m): 12:26pm On Feb 05, 2009
akundo:

let me give you some drugs to make you speak english they so cheap.this drugs are from antata just a tablet can make speak good english. just try

Bros abeg, you get urobo & itshekiri tablet ? tongue smiley smiley grin grin grin grin
I gasta yarn one chikitoes my mind this month, she bi Niger- Delta pikin.
She set die ! All her bodi dey yarn heavy pidgin, Warri verson.
As I no dey quick hearam, na hie I think say make I use your tablet for Urobo language. grin

@ Poster
Yarn your mind for heavy pidgin, she go appreciate say you different.
B'cos if you Ta bun shoot gun for English, na sucide straight.
Re: I Like This Girl Very Much, But My English Is Not Good. Can I Use Pidgin? by linda9: 12:40pm On Feb 05, 2009
Speek am the way u sabi jo. If she likes u she would teach u how to speak better. Most importantly be urself at all times.
Re: I Like This Girl Very Much, But My English Is Not Good. Can I Use Pidgin? by desthan(m): 2:20pm On Feb 05, 2009
omo, just dey flow your pidgin dey go, nattin do you, abi u no dey c 2face, na pidgin all the way, him no send you message. As de chick set so, she need trippin no be formings. Just dey wrap am dey go, follow your mind, No shaking, Notin Dey Happen grin, No go try form jege o, and mak sure say wen you dey carry am comot, no carry am go all that tantalizer levels because she go don see am tire, jus carry am go one local but clean place wey dem dey sell all those unripe plaitain n vegetable sauce with goat meat, wey she go use her hand take chop am, u fit even offer to wash her hand for am wen she finish, dat kind tin, WO u go marvel as dey chikala go trip for you die! cool ABEG BONE LEVELS O!
Re: I Like This Girl Very Much, But My English Is Not Good. Can I Use Pidgin? by keyne(f): 8:41pm On Apr 23, 2009
learn English first
Re: I Like This Girl Very Much, But My English Is Not Good. Can I Use Pidgin? by Foxybone(m): 8:57pm On Apr 23, 2009
English should not be a barrier to you if you must find luv!! So go for it with all vigor, don't stop for once to think of what you are speaking when you flow (whether in pidgin or in the Queen's English) she will flow with you. Take heart and be brave before someone else overtakes you. THERE IS ROOM FOR OVERTAKING!!! grin
Re: I Like This Girl Very Much, But My English Is Not Good. Can I Use Pidgin? by ladybam(f): 9:01pm On Apr 23, 2009
@ poster
any how jare. English no be by force. after all, no b ur papa language so, pigin it onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ! !

(1) (2) (Reply)

Watch As Frank Arthus Goes Immoral Again!(video) / Virginity A Two Way Thing / Can U Flaunt Your Intellectual Property Around Ur Siblings Naked.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.