Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Killer Nurse Arrested As She Was About To Flee USA - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Killer Nurse Arrested As She Was About To Flee USA (29955 Views)

Five Arrested As Police Foil Multiple Bank Robberies In Lagos (photo) / Woman, Nurse Arrested While Aborting 12-year-old’s Pregnancy(photo) / Nurse Arrested For Stealing New Baby In Ogun (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Killer Nurse Arrested As She Was About To Flee USA by whitecat1: 5:55am On May 01, 2015
Dumb Op, All she needs is a good defense lawyer and she will walk.

Many factors will be taken into consideration, like the number of hours she had worked that day and how that played a role in the accident. According to the report, the baby was just in the water up to the waist for 30 seconds, and there couldn't have been a plan to kill her. She can also say she tried to leave cos she panicked and felt that she would not get a fair hearing cos she is black and a foreigner. In a nutshell, the prosecutor must present evidence of motive the nurse has to want to kill the child. And if the nurse suffers mental illness, then they have to first of all make sure she can stand trial, if not, na mental home straight!

1 Like

Re: Killer Nurse Arrested As She Was About To Flee USA by TonySpike: 6:10am On May 01, 2015
I believe the baby's death was unintentional, probably as a result of distraction(s) she forgot to make the hot water warm enough. But then, she faulted by making a dash for the airport after scalding the baby. The OP is a schmuck for comparing this crime to drug smuggling and introducing unnecessary bigotry.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Killer Nurse Arrested As She Was About To Flee USA by NaMe4: 6:25am On May 01, 2015
Very very possible she may have been absent-minded.
What makes her look guilty is her attempt to flee the Country; most probably cos she panicked.

Pls, for caregivers of babies or very elderly, ALWAYS have a RE-CHECK of things like bathing water, food/drinks given to them.
Re: Killer Nurse Arrested As She Was About To Flee USA by habeebcole: 7:33am On May 01, 2015
shocked shocked
Re: Killer Nurse Arrested As She Was About To Flee USA by delishpot: 7:35am On May 01, 2015
chei I hope people are seeing that humans cant be trusted again. Dear God, I hold onto you. I hold firmly onto you. Humanity has failed us, only Jesus can save.

1 Like

Re: Killer Nurse Arrested As She Was About To Flee USA by logica(m): 7:40am On May 01, 2015
She's probably absent minded. Not the kind of thing you expect from an RN. Maybe she even has Alzheimer's; in which case her license should/would have been withdrawn. And the second pic seems to back me up. I don't think that is exactly how she wanted to look after applying make-up. grin

3 Likes

Re: Killer Nurse Arrested As She Was About To Flee USA by Raiders: 7:45am On May 01, 2015
whitecat1:

Many factors will be taken into consideration, like the number of hours she had worked that day and how that played a role in the accident. According to the report, the baby was just in the water up to the waist for 30 seconds, and there couldn't have been a plan to kill her. She can also say she tried to leave cos she panicked and felt that she would not get a fair hearing cos she is black and a foreigner. In a nutshell, the prosecutor must present evidence of motive the nurse has to want to kill the child. And if the nurse suffers mental illness, then they have to first of all make sure she can stand trial, if not, na mental home straight!
where is she going to walk to? Killing a child is the worse crime a person can commit in US. She is lucky NY don't have the death penalty if not she might have gotten the death penalty. Anyway she is going to get life in prison. last year a Nigerian girl Jessica Tata was sentenced to 80 yrs for the death of some children under her care and she also fled to Nigeria. This woman will already be assumed as guilty in trial because she try to fled. I don't see her walking
Re: Killer Nurse Arrested As She Was About To Flee USA by 5minsmadness: 7:51am On May 01, 2015
The weather was cold
The nurse checked the temperature of the water with her cold hands... It was a little hot but by her standards not too bad.
What she didn't know was that her hands were cold as well and the water she thought was warm was actually going to be too hot for the baby.

A healthy baby would have cried out cos of the hot water... But this child had a tracheostomy tube and couldn't cry out to alert the nurse.

It was when she saw the skin peeling of that she realised what had happened.

Then she panicked.

She packed her bags and tried to run cos she knew she was in deep trouble especially if the baby died.

If she really had evil motives she would have submerged the child in boiling water and killed her outright. Or maybe even drowned her.

This looks more like a domestic accident than anything else.

Unfortunately, madam nurse us a Nigerian. And Nigerians are always the first to CRUCIFY their own kind without even looking at the facts.
She will get no support from her people. She will get no objective judgement.

She is doomed.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Killer Nurse Arrested As She Was About To Flee USA by kendraloops(f): 7:51am On May 01, 2015
As i see the headline, i just know say na yoruba woman. Nonsense!

3 Likes

Re: Killer Nurse Arrested As She Was About To Flee USA by logica(m): 7:52am On May 01, 2015
5minsmadness:
The weather was cold
The nurse checked the temperature of the water with her cold hands... It was a little hot but by her standards not too bad.
What she didn't know was that her hands were cold as well and the water she thought was warm was actually going to be too hot for the baby.

A healthy baby would have cried out cos of the hot water... But this child had a tracheostomy tube and couldn't cry out to alert the nurse.

It was when she saw the skin peeling of that she realised what had happened.

Then she panicked.

She packed her bags and tried to run cos she knew she was in deep trouble especially if the baby died.

If she really had evil motives she would have submerged the child in boiling water and killed her outright. Or maybe even drowned her.

This looks more like a domestic accident than anything else.

Unfortunately, madam nurse us a Nigerian. And Nigerians are always the first to CRUCIFY their own kind without even looking at the facts.
She will get no support from her people. She will get no objective judgement.

She is doomed.
...many times I read your post, I think the 5 minutes of madness is more of a gift than a curse. wink

3 Likes

Re: Killer Nurse Arrested As She Was About To Flee USA by Atmmachine(m): 7:53am On May 01, 2015
whitecat1:

And she was at the verge of fleeing America to her home country Nigeria when she was apprehended at the airport.
She's getting 75 years to life in prison

3 Likes

Re: Killer Nurse Arrested As She Was About To Flee USA by DjHypno(m): 7:53am On May 01, 2015
So sad sad must have been a mistake.
Re: Killer Nurse Arrested As She Was About To Flee USA by 5minsmadness: 7:55am On May 01, 2015
logica:
...many times I read your post, I think the 5 minutes of madness is more of a gift than a curse. wink
Honestly it's a burden at times. grin
The situation is so clear to me I don't understand how others can't see it angry

1 Like

Re: Killer Nurse Arrested As She Was About To Flee USA by Atmmachine(m): 7:55am On May 01, 2015
What tribe in Nigeria is she from ??

4 Likes

Re: Killer Nurse Arrested As She Was About To Flee USA by funkiebully: 7:55am On May 01, 2015
See her soured face, EVUL woman
Re: Killer Nurse Arrested As She Was About To Flee USA by lomprico(m): 7:56am On May 01, 2015
I think she was absent minded just as some people here have said. Too bad! undecided
About this tribal bigotry eating NL and nigerians like cancer, its unfortunate that it has come to this, it all started during d election campaigns when politicians used it to clamour for votes and its a pity many NLers fell for this, I hope seun and his mods come out with something to curtail this.

1 Like

Re: Killer Nurse Arrested As She Was About To Flee USA by funkiebully: 7:56am On May 01, 2015
Atmmachine:
What tribe is she from in Nigeria ??

I think yoloba

2 Likes

Re: Killer Nurse Arrested As She Was About To Flee USA by funkiebully: 7:58am On May 01, 2015
kendraloops:
As i see the headline, i just know say na yoruba woman. Nonsense!

grin

Big nonsense o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Trying To Throw Her 2 Children Into A Well Caught In Lagos / Islamic Cleric Hypnotises Childless Women, Takes Their Money, Sleeps With Them / ‘My Wife Committed Suicide Because I Caught Her Cheating' - Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.