Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream (26173 Views)

Lady Gets Twitter Excited After Sharing False Story About Her Friend Getting HIV / Help Please, I Do Know It's A Dream When I'm Dreaming / Pictures; FALSE Rumours About A New Killer Insects To Spread Soon. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by 1stola: 7:27am On May 10, 2015
MzNelly:
Yes, almost everyone has had such dreams.

I even had one this morning, matter of fact; where I dreamt I killed someone with my bare hands cos he impregnated my sister and I hid his body in the gutter. I was so terrified I began running away and his "ghost" was pursuing me. Mehn, the fear was just too real.
When I woke up, I was like "Thank God it's just a dream." sad
That is a dream and not what the op meant.
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by daxlasaint(m): 7:27am On May 10, 2015
chachanga:

OMG!
This was my 1st taste of the experience except for the fact that i was peeing in the toilet and it felt so real...I was like 11yrs old.
I had woken up after some sleep feeling full to bursting point.
Rushed to the loo, gratefully opened the floodgates cry and let loose a long string of "Pure Water cheesy" that'd make Poseidon envious.

Only for me to now wake up in the midst of a very wet bed angry.

OK, so i first perched like the way you see one of those Hurricane Katrina victims on rooftops .

It wasn't quite 12seconds, my Muse brought me the golden keys of Wisdom...I NUDGED/ROLLED MY COUSINS ON MY SIDE OF THE BED (he had it coming for eating my fish at meal time earlier tongue)grin, I CHANGED INTO DRY SHORTS &SINGLETS, HID MY BRIEFS DEEP IN THE WARDROBE, CHANGED MY COVER-CLOTH AND LAID BACK TF DOWN Praying Such Dream don't come again else Am Finished lipsrsealed!

DON'T BLAME ME JOOR...JSS2 Boy still bedwetting...chai shocked, I wouldn't have survived the shame undecided!!

NB
I've loads of dreams like that since then, to the point that sometimes I kinda know the trigger point for activating Reality; like I got good at seeing through those Matrix-ish layers eventually. Because that ability has saved me a lotta needless night-time pain and anxiety.

Quite enough times, I've experienced being in some jeopardy in my sleep and some primordial deeper level knowing bubbles up telling me "IT's a Dream, burst out of it now!" and I jerk tf awake.

So, I don't know if anyone's had it to that level sha; where you can consciously observe those DE JAVU type layers and peel 'em back.
- I watch way too many Horror flicks (for the MakeUp Effx),
- have a mind boggling collection of Sci-fi Movies (starting from The Fly, Star Trek (1976 release up to last week's picks!)
- E-books yapa thanks to PirateBay+ other Torrent sites (10's of thoousand literarily, had to admit to meself one day there was no way I was reading all that ish in dis one life time) [A 3TB Hard Drive crashed on me once and i grouched for months]
- my profession and hobbies (won't tell ya) also influence a bit
I can't really say what's responsible for my my switch in that direction; although am now much of Night Owl and when i sleep to dreamless nights, i still wake up many times tired like say i slept but my mind was processing in overclocked state all night

But, I'll really like to know if there's folks who've been able to do that Neo's kinda decoding ish where you get to even see through it or how you deal with it because av been having this mothas like every other month or so. (Specifically tha reason i stayed off Pot, ghanja etc in High School, shy.t was complicated enuf already).

Pls, share more. I'd wanna know!

@OP, helpful thread...kip it coming
your post almost word for word is the story of my life right down to the farme a coz for the pee and hide the evidence ish... even the wake yourself from a dream was something i thought made me weird. I took it to a level where I could switch dreams like flicking the channels on my tv... I simply tell myself even while sleeping that its a dream and I dnt like it and I either wake up of change the channel! Mind boggling sh*t ryt there. Lol

1 Like

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by McWhillion(m): 7:38am On May 10, 2015
igbsam:
I've experienced it more than once.

Its really something else. Happens to my mom alot too.

Also, who can explain this phenomenon whereby you see something happen at the moment and there will be some kind of flashback as if you've seen that thing happen before. Then you predict correctly the next thing that would happen the next min seeing that incident unfolding right before your eyes. This is one part i still don't understand about me. Its like having a premonition of something happening and you can tell the next thing to happen. It became a thing of worry for me when my friends started avoiding me like i'm a wizard or something.

Its called a feeling of Dejavu

1 Like

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Isaacmacdon(m): 7:40am On May 10, 2015
MzNelly:

I even had one this morning, matter of fact; where I dreamt I killed someone with my bare hands cos he impregnated my sister and I hid his body in the gutter. I was so terrified I began running away and his "ghost" was pursuing me. Mehn, the fear was just too real.
a dream with a vry delicate meaning... I suggest u seek for it..
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Nobody: 7:43am On May 10, 2015
Twaci:
Actually mine was embarassing embarassed

Needed to pee and my body has a false awakening....lipsrsealed
I do tell my mum den,,DAT I went to d toilet to piss,,but she will still beat me for pissing

woke up,went to d toilet,piss,come back,,[NOT KNOWING DAT AM STILL IN DA DREAM LAND]

but everything stop when I changed to d upper-bunk,,,it seems I was replaying wat is happening in d dream,,,,I THINK MY DREAM DIRECTOR FAIL TO UPGRADE TO LAtest OS ,,,I SAW my self waking from my lower bunk,,but in reality am on d upper bunk ,,,,as I stepped down with d imagination of d lower bunk,,,,come see free falling ,I hit d ground face down ,,SHARP DISCONNECTION WITH LOUD WEEPING,,,was crying with agony,,,(I lost 3 of my front teeth]. SINCE DEN I DONT BED WETT cux I MUST WAKE UP ANYTIME I TURN TO SEE IF AM NOT CLOSE TO D EDGE]grin
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Booyakasha(f): 7:45am On May 10, 2015
iamord:
If you can control it there is alot of things that you can do!

I do alot of things with my dreams, i have a girlfriend in my dreams... and i see her even in my afternoon nap... i've been practicing lucid dreaming for 10YRS now and i'm a guru at it. i became a master at controlling my dreams when i was very young because of this demon that haunts me every night even if i pray, in fact when i pray, that's when she comes, i finally stop running away from her and faced her and we fought, damn she was crazy, she stabbed me but i set her ablaze! She hasn't showed up for 10Yrs now, i've destroyed her. Since then, i can enter any deep dream and do what ever i want, drive cars, get girls, acheivements, money, see my exam grades before the real exams, infact i am bonded with another demon, she calls me her boyfriend, anytime i sleep, i meet with her, and it's scary but i like it.

IF YOU CAN'T CONTROL THE OUTCOME OF YOUR OWN DREAM, YOU ARE WEAK.
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by McWhillion(m): 7:45am On May 10, 2015
pcguru1:
It has only happened once and it was extremely weird, well most of my dreams are weird i usually dream of events that never happened,e.g not saying goodbye to a friend in real-life and me dreaming about how i finally said the goodbye, but this double dreaming happened, I dreamt i was in a class talking with a classmate( a babe i was tripping for but never spoke to her in secondary school) then suddenly i woke up in my bed, feeling like wow what a dream, i felt a shadow behind me about to grab my neck, then i tried to fight with it, till i woke up and realized it was my brother trying to take the gamepad under pillow, he was freaked out because he hadn't even touched the pillow when i grabbed his hand(shadow's hand) trying to fight my life. which leads me to a question that has been disturbing me ?

Have you ever dreamt that, an event is about to happen let's say a bomb is about to explode and the moment it does its your alarm clock that rings, or because someone is close to you discussing and you are sleeping and suddenly they mention something which alters your dream, maybe they said "Mehn Superman is dope" and before you know it, your dream perfectly shifts into one which someone involves Superman in it. funny right ?

Dude, we have to look for a name to call this your weird multi-layered dreaming, its like you are deep at sleep and at the same time very conscious of your immediate environment, thats weird.
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Nobody: 7:47am On May 10, 2015
1stola:

Women Rapper.
Toto fit send you to your earliest grave.
You don cram all the girls moniker finish.
Yeye thing.

grin grin Lol
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Nobody: 7:50am On May 10, 2015
This shiii,

Once, I woke up in my dream, showered and went for the day's hustle. It was really a good day, I got paid big time, I squeezed all the cash into all my pockets and it still remained, so I held the rest under my shirt, so as not to attract bad boys.

I got home, placed all the cash on the bed, and lay beside it, calculating what to do with it, that's when I woke up on same bed, same sheet, same cloth. All I needed do was roll over, looked for the money on my bed and I couldn't find it.

I couldn't believe it was a dream, until I remembered I was yet to do the job.

I come do the work, the person no gree pay me complete, the money no even full wallet angry

1 Like

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by francizy(m): 8:03am On May 10, 2015
1stola:

Women Rapper.
Toto fit send you to your earliest grave.
You don cram all the girls moniker finish.
Yeye thing.

Better toto than ånus... lipsrsealed
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by 1stola: 8:06am On May 10, 2015
francizy:

Better toto than ånus... lipsrsealed
Ode. You better grow up. Get a life and a job.
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by dyadeleye(m): 8:07am On May 10, 2015
Mhizkel:
Hmmmm.Mine do come to pass and that really affects me a lot...Most times, i'm always afraid of sleeping for the fear of having another dream come true!

Finally, someone like me!!!!
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by TDstarr: 8:09am On May 10, 2015
Dreamt one last. Night, I was awake in the dream doing what I normally do in my room and as I closed my eyes I saw some sensations and voices in my head and body, until I struggled to reality
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by menxer: 8:11am On May 10, 2015
Yeah, I ve had the 'inception' experience.
it was a two level dream, it felt so real and it was.

I dreamed of attending a house fellowship, while the service was going on i fell asleep and dreamed of a pillar of purple light bursting out of my head; after which i awoke, fellowship ends and i went home, then woke up on this side.

Prior to this dream experience, i often felt severe 'deep brain' headache. From then (January 2015) till now the headache is yet to reoccur.
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Nobody: 8:12am On May 10, 2015
MzNelly:

Aguu na agu gi. sad
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by BuddhaPalm(m): 8:19am On May 10, 2015
This reality, in which we currently are, is also a dream. A dream that seems so real.

'God' is dreaming you. He's dreaming everything...

One of my favourite movie scenes was where Morpheus, in the Matrix, during their sparring session, asked Neo, "What is real?"

Lol, 'twas such a mindfuck...
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by criuze(m): 8:19am On May 10, 2015
This can only happen to a lucid dreamer when it's out of control , the brain find it difficult to differentiate realities, because it enjoys the auto piloting and duplication of liquid worlds
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by francizy(m): 8:33am On May 10, 2015
1stola:

Ode.
You better grow up.
Get a life and a job.

[size=98pt]Hoekay[/size]
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by dyn01: 8:42am On May 10, 2015
I had this once, n d dream goes lyk ds... I paid a visit to a frn and slept off on a torn mat behind d 3seater n drmt agn dt I was goin bk hom n look for som basket ballers trobl. D guys were huge n balanced so d beatings took my life. I wake up so hysterical only to find out it ws a drm. I decide to go bk hom folowin dsem route meetin same basket ballers. Being scared dt d drm myt com true, I took to my heels n dey followd, caught me, n startd gvn me hell... I finally wake up in my bed at hom wt a loud voic of "tnk God is a drm"
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Mhizkel(f): 8:44am On May 10, 2015
dyadeleye:

Uhmmm..Really?
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Mhizkel(f): 8:45am On May 10, 2015
dyadeleye:

Uhmmm..Really?
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Mhizkel(f): 8:46am On May 10, 2015
sweetorgasm:
now dis is scary
You can say that again!
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by tonididdy(m): 8:47am On May 10, 2015
kinglekan:

Dreams look real most of the time.

There are rare cases when you actually know you are dreaming even before you wake up. But that's like probably 10% of the amount of dreams you have had so far. smiley
mine beats just 10% lol...I have had those a hundred times and more.

In my dreams, I realize ''oh well this is just a dream, can't wait to wake up'', so I just ride along with the dream and when I see its getting too deepy or LOL BORING I just wake myself up ( I can remember one time I woke myself up from a dream by dipping my head in a bowl of water and wala I woke up).

I feel mosttimes I have control of myself in my dreams thus u can never defeat me in a dream, I always win.example my dream from lastnight," I was in a footbball viewing centre and I angered this ''guy" who happens to be a suppossed cultist both in this dream and yes he is in reallife too., so he punched me severally and I gave him one, just one sucker punch and he went to sleep(blackd out), so I got scared in d dream that when he gained cautiousness I would be in for it. I ran home and behold there were already his members everywhere in my xoumpond. And as they sited me I started running but they were gaining in on me. I just stopt running, squeezed mysaelf up in a spot and shut my eyes so tight and vooom...woke up.

Of coz nextthing is to PRAY

1 Like

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by ivyy(f): 8:55am On May 10, 2015
pikapizy:
I'm a VICTIM of false awakening ...since 2010 I've been suffering from it.but nobody really understand ..and mine is quite different because when it occurs I feel my life slipping away rapidly ...I always have this dream (not really a dream but don't know what else to call it ) which happens most times after staying awake for some time at night and sleeping back...everything would be the way it is ...the room or where ever I am would be the way it was before I slept .the person I slept with there if any would still be there (it's not really a dream but reality) then in that dream reality I'd be struggling to wake up but I can't ...I would be dying slowly in that dream .I would be begging the people there if someone slept on the bed with me to please wake me up because I can't wake myself or if I slept alone I'll be begging God and praying ...when I eventually wake up from the real sleep the room will still be very similar to way it was in that dream. but the people around will say they didn't hear me calling them that I was only sleeping soundly without disturbances. I'm emotional while writing this..I've never discussed this details with anyone ..I don't know if its medical condition.

Your not alone in this . But mine has since stopped. I heard its also a medical condition sleep paralysis. Try sleep early and try not to sleep facing up.

Had mutiple dreams in a dream before.

@ topic , when a sleep paralysis happens to me and I finally get to wake up, its usually very difficult to sleep back coz its really scary and you can't help but think that the same episode might repeat itself.

So this particular night. It happend again I found myself struggling to wake up , trying to scream for help. When I finally woke up I was sooo scared I ran to my mums room , told her I had experienced it again. She tried to comfort me told me to sleep in her room. Just imagine my surprise when I actually woke up to pee and found myself still in my own room.
I was so sure that runing to her room happened in reality.

Other times I dream that i wake up. Go about my normal routine and do stuffs even talk to my folks only to actually wake up and get confused. And then you start asking them did I say this to you and did I do that but then you get the stare and they tell you "no, you that you've been sleeping all day"

And yeah @kinglekan . A few times have dreamt really bad dreams. Suddenly it gets so bad in the dream and you tell yourself "wake now! this is the time to wake! Wake up! wake up!" And then you finally wake up very thankful it was just a dreamgrin

So yeah in dreams like that i knew I was actually only dreaming grin

At the other poster, yeap it happens to me too.probably there are friends in my room gisting and am sleeping but mildy conscious and then all of a sudden you start dreaming about the things they are sayinggrin

Totally happens to me a lot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by tonididdy(m): 8:56am On May 10, 2015
This just remembered me of an observation:

Few years back, I could barely throw punches or run for my scaredy axs in my dreams, even if I did they were always SO HARD and SLOW MOTION punches or races. I'd always wake up and be like "why are my punches so slow and hard ...

But fastforward to now...I could be a superhero and give several speedy punches in a second or run like flash.

This life is a mystery
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Nobody: 9:00am On May 10, 2015
ivyy:

Hmmm
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by tonididdy(m): 9:02am On May 10, 2015
pikapizy:
I'm a VICTIM of false awakening ...since 2010 I've been suffering from it.but nobody really understand ..and mine is quite different because when it occurs I feel my life slipping away rapidly ...I always have this dream (not really a dream but don't know what else to call it ) which happens most times after staying awake for some time at night and sleeping back...everything would be the way it is ...the room or where ever I am would be the way it was before I slept .the person I slept with there if any would still be there (it's not really a dream but reality) then in that dream reality I'd be struggling to wake up but I can't ...I would be dying slowly in that dream .I would be begging the people there if someone slept on the bed with me to please wake me up because I can't wake myself or if I slept alone I'll be begging God and praying ...when I eventually wake up from the real sleep the room will still be very similar to way it was in that dream. but the people around will say they didn't hear me calling them that I was only sleeping soundly without disturbances. I'm emotional while writing this..I've never discussed this details with anyone ..I don't know if its medical condition.
its called sleep paralysis.

There's nothing spiritual to it, don't be emotional. I have had them several times but God has prevailed all the time.

Ask google more ok...
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by ivyy(f): 9:07am On May 10, 2015
lagunna1:

Hmmm

Hmmmmmm
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Nobody: 9:22am On May 10, 2015
ivyy:

Hmmmmmm

Oga o
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by UjSizzle(f): 9:39am On May 10, 2015
I have that sometimes. It's always about me leaving bed, brushing my teeth and going to shower.... Then I realize I'm still in bed undecided
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by generalissimo(m): 9:47am On May 10, 2015
I would have shared a particular experience but I dunno if what I'm typing ryt now is in the reality or one of those dreams. Lemme check it out first grin
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Nobody: 9:55am On May 10, 2015
francizy:

grin

Boss, dem ban you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Fayemi Thanks Ekiti COVID-19 Donors (Full List) / Easy Steps To Sleep With Ease When You Find It Difficult To / Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.