Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream (26167 Views)

Lady Gets Twitter Excited After Sharing False Story About Her Friend Getting HIV / Help Please, I Do Know It's A Dream When I'm Dreaming / Pictures; FALSE Rumours About A New Killer Insects To Spread Soon. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Beamborla(f): 10:31pm On May 01, 2015
kinglekan:

Hehehehe!! U too dey bed wet. cheesy
Na drop jor.

I no dey open the tap completely cheesy

2 Likes

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Beamborla(f): 10:40pm On May 01, 2015
Ipledge:
Chai Na my family be this grin grin
Lol... So you ma been dey drop for bed wink
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by kinglekan: 10:43pm On May 01, 2015
Ipledge:
Anytime exam is fast approaching I always Dream abt it..either I was too late to write exam or something else

Does the dream come in multiple layers?
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 01, 2015
Beamborla:

Lol... So you ma been dey drop for bed wink
I drop no be small grin
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 01, 2015
kinglekan:

yea

1 Like

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Beamborla(f): 11:05pm On May 01, 2015
Ipledge:
I drop no be small grin
Lol...
E no easy jare wink
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 01, 2015
Beamborla:

Lol...
E no easy jare wink
grin grin

1 Like

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Nobody: 12:04am On May 02, 2015
OmolodMilkman93:
It is simply called a "GENJUTSU"

Shushi uchiha's genjustsu cheesy
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by kinglekan: 12:13am On May 02, 2015
missclasssy:

Shushi uchiha's genjustsu cheesy

See this missy ooo. cheesy
Abeg share ur experience jooor!!!
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by tohpahz(f): 4:22am On May 02, 2015
kinglekan:
Tohpahz I sight u hun. Plz contribute. smiley

Where is sassychic. smiley

See boss Jacksparrow1207 strolling in and out of this thread. cheesy

Rarely dream.. but I've had this experience before.. when i was younger.. one was urinating ish..
Was slpin and i had to pee,woke up from d sleep and went to the toilet ,did my business thinking i was awake.. later woke up really nd i had wet the bed.. lipsrsealed

Another was wen i dreamt in my dream.. that my dad had an accident.. den i woke up from the dream(1st layer) and my dad told mi he was travelling that Morning, i started crying telling him not to go.. he said he had to and he'd drive carefully.. i continued crying and den woke up crying (2nd layer) ..

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Nobody: 4:39am On May 02, 2015
Ipledge:
Anytime exam is fast approaching I always Dream abt it..either I was too late to write exam or something else
dis also happen to me,dat maybe there is something within holding me to write something down,then d invigilator says everybody pencils up,I think dis is as a result for upcoming exam on d way

1 Like

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Nobody: 4:41am On May 02, 2015
kinglekan:

multiple layers as in how,I want to knw more about dis
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Nobody: 4:42am On May 02, 2015
Ipledge:
yea
u mean inside d dream,u dreamt another one again
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Nobody: 5:17am On May 02, 2015
MojAyo:
dis also happen to me,dat maybe there is something within holding me to write something down,then d invigilator says everybody pencils up,I think dis is as a result for upcoming exam on d way
yea..not even in exam alone,but many spheres of life
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Nobody: 5:53am On May 02, 2015
Ipledge:
yea..not even in exam alone,but many spheres of life
I think so too,vry vry strange things in a dream,which I sometimes dnt understand
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by kinglekan: 10:49pm On May 02, 2015
MojAyo:
multiple layers as in how,I want to knw more about dis

Go through the comments. You would have a better understanding. It means having a dream inside a dream. It could be as many as possible and very complex.

I shared my experience on the first page. Someone else also shared a similar experience on this page.
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 02, 2015
kinglekan:

Go through the comments. You would have a better understanding. It means having a dream inside a dream. It could be as many as possible and very complex.

I shared my experience on the first page. Someone else also shared a similar experience on this page.
okay
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by midasbliss(f): 11:05pm On May 02, 2015
Once Had A Dream, A Terrible Dream At That, Woke Up From My Dream In My Dream and As Usual Told My Mum The Dreadful Dream At That... Only For Me To Wake Up In Real Life To Realize That I Was Actually Dreaming In My Dream... It Looked So Real.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by daxlasaint(m): 11:02am On May 04, 2015
midasbliss:
Once Had A Dream, A Terrible Dream At That, Woke Up From My Dream In My Dream and As Usual Told My Mum The Dreadful Dream At That... Only For Me To Wake Up In Real Life To Realize That I Was Actually Dreaming In My Dream... It Looked So Real.

Scary when you dream within a dream... inception ish, lol
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by loomer: 12:18am On May 10, 2015
I don't even remember my dreams
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by chigoizie7(m): 12:19am On May 10, 2015
kinglekan:

How many of us watched Leonardo di Caprio's "Inception". That movie is too missclasssy cheesy , well apparently all his movies are top notched. Anyway I had a flash back of the movie and that prompted me to put this up.

Have you ever had an experience in
which you couldn’t be sure whether
things were real or not? I am not
referring to normal dreams, day dreaming or sleepwalking. These particular ones I am referring to seem real at the time and then you wake up and realise that they weren’t. I mean experiences which are more deeply confusing smiley

As a matter of fact very confusing!! grin

A false awakening may involve getting up, having breakfast, getting dressed, heading out for work... all the things you do every day on autopilot. It appears so real and solid to warrant
questioning its authenticity.

Indeed, you will only appreciate
how real a false awakening is when it happens to you - it reveals the remarkable capacity of the human brain to emulate and question reality.

Sometimes in such experiences you may be very convinced that you have done all sorts of things when really you have not. For example, you probably attended a dreaded interview and scaled through, only to find out it was a mirage.

The intriguing part about this is that you get the same feelings of tension and anxiety as you would have felt doing the same event in reality.

The red flag here is that you would have to go through that same feeling of tension and anxiety or feeling of pleasure and gratification all over again. Depending on what the dream was about. I prefer the latter tho smiley

So let's discus!!

Share your experiences and your thoughts. grin

More like being in a trance?

Sorry I didn't read all that
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by igbsam(m): 12:28am On May 10, 2015
I've experienced it more than once.

Its really something else. Happens to my mom alot too.

Also, who can explain this phenomenon whereby you see something happen at the moment and there will be some kind of flashback as if you've seen that thing happen before. Then you predict correctly the next thing that would happen the next min seeing that incident unfolding right before your eyes. This is one part i still don't understand about me. Its like having a premonition of something happening and you can tell the next thing to happen. It became a thing of worry for me when my friends started avoiding me like i'm a wizard or something.
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by JVgal(f): 12:30am On May 10, 2015
Thank God I'm not alone in dis dreaming in a dream tin. I've experienced it many times n most times it's scaring. Wht cud b d cause?

1 Like

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by beyoncausme: 12:31am On May 10, 2015
funny..............

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by peeparty(m): 12:33am On May 10, 2015
let me quickly share dis before i go to bed.

....so so at the age of 12 i was brought from a village to the city.i had been warned to bekiaful of one of my neighbour unto winchy winchy level.so one morning as i was going to school with my tear tear nicca.this woman stood at @her window calling my name to come help her do somthing which i cant remember now.na so i pick raise like terry G.

...fastfarward i came back and and it was bed time.na so i just the see areoplane for my dream,na so i wake up begin use my hand the fly slowly for the room. hahahahahahahahahahah.my aunty wey sabi taci taci me that time come wake up.chisos that day was bloody it was time for confession.she begin fire prayers like crazy.we prayed till d next morning since that day, i know gree fly again.hahahahahahaha.recently i reminded her abt d ish she come d laff

1 Like 1 Share

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by oluFELAxy(m): 12:37am On May 10, 2015
I remember one of my friend dreaming that he remembered his childhood days. ( when he was a toddler). He saw himself sitting on a hill and he that dream, he was remembering his childhood days.
Its like watching a TV in a projector.
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Anyi3(m): 12:37am On May 10, 2015
Ipledge:

My brother no be small thing. Happens to me too. Performance anxiety, I guess.

@OP, not sure I've had the false awakening though. But I've had a dream where in the dream something awful happened and I was telling myself in the dream "I hope this is a dream, I should wake up" But I didn't and then thought it was real, that it really happened. You can't imagine my joy when I woke up to find it was truly a dream

1 Like

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by peeparty(m): 12:41am On May 10, 2015
just fogot to add dis, i dreamt and i saw a massive campaign train carrying all team TOPHAZ and we wer jubilating for the victory already won.

1 Like

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Nobody: 12:41am On May 10, 2015
I've not experienced it, not in multiple-layers. Bt I do experience deja vu quite often.
Also I don't remember details of my dreams @ all.
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Nobody: 12:42am On May 10, 2015
I hardly remember my dreams...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Fayemi Thanks Ekiti COVID-19 Donors (Full List) / Easy Steps To Sleep With Ease When You Find It Difficult To / Nairalanders Pls Help! This Typhoid Is Stubborn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.