Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,788 members, 7,844,561 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

I Need To Travel This Year - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Need To Travel This Year (6473 Views)

Info For All Those Who Want To Travel To Vietnam To Buy Clothes/shoes Etc / Why Is It That Most People Didn't Travel This Year? / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need To Travel This Year by MrCrackles(m): 1:08pm On Feb 05, 2009
manmustwac:

@BigModo
Abroad is not as easy as u think. Look at me a whole UK citizen who used to work in the construction industry but is now unemployed due to the credit crunch.

Leave the guy make im come see as things be for himself naw! grin
Re: I Need To Travel This Year by ElNino4: 1:10pm On Feb 05, 2009
BROS, WHO U BE IDENTIFY URSELF CALLING PERSON AMINGO ,

I REMAIL DECIPLE OF KRF, OBT TEMPLE

Abegiiii, Stroll go front, You tink say na confra yarns people dey talk for here.

No go find as you go take make money dey talk amingo abi na bolingo, mchewwww,

@Poster, abeg my guy you neva hear "6 million way to die, choose one" (Snoop feat cutty ranks, Serial Killa)

Plenty plenty way dey, As my fellow posters have enlightened you, rat poison, sleeping pills, jump off a speeding bus, third mainland bridge etc,

To kpai no be hard tin, Enter Police station and tell them say you be Anini younger brother,
Re: I Need To Travel This Year by manmustwac(m): 1:22pm On Feb 05, 2009
quote by Bigmodo
You people think i am joking. If none provides the visa for me to travel out of Nigeria before 31st of december 2008, i will commit the suicide.

Commit suicide in 2008? You must be a comedian

quote by Bigmodo
I am going to buy a camera for this, record it and leave a short note saying "Please post the video to youtube and send the link to nairaland.com" i will give him my nairaland id and password so he can post it for all of you to see. You people should try me and see. Make una no get the visa for me. Abi me be wood. Since 2007 i have been screaming for a visa hear and all you are doing as if you don't hear. Ok, let me ask you this question. The millions you have will you take it along with you when you die? If your answer is yes, i won't border anymore. Sell your car or something valuable to help me to travel or else if i cant help myself till then and you cant help me too, i am committing the suicide. I am pleading, please get me the visa cuz i am not scared to die. Even if i die, i go go heaven cuz i would go for confession and after that, i commit the suicide. I am damne serious, i swear.

Even if u commit suicide since nobody knows what u look like in the flesh. How would we know if its really you who commited suicide or not someone else's video that u posted on youtube?
Re: I Need To Travel This Year by gReenmAn(m): 1:30pm On Feb 05, 2009
My friend, don't be fooled by those nice pictures your friends email to you, pics of them standing in nice winter coats on the nice streets of Europe. Things are tough for over 95% of naija peeps over there, they're just managing! Europe is a place to visit ONLY, visit and go back to the real life. Sit up and make your money here in Naija, then Europe will lure you to come visit. Go, holiday, gallivant, club, shop and enjoy the beautiful cityscape but leave immediately. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: I Need To Travel This Year by baby123: 2:00pm On Feb 05, 2009
i beg no vex mr sucider , person dey find house when u go leave make we rent d place .
Re: I Need To Travel This Year by cvibe: 2:36pm On Feb 05, 2009
Bigmodo,

You don't have to commit suicide, simply try Bandiejay's route if you die along the way, you died trying. smiley
Re: I Need To Travel This Year by sherrylo: 3:32pm On Feb 05, 2009
@poster why suicide? when you can start from Benin.
Re: I Need To Travel This Year by Tegwins: 4:21pm On Feb 05, 2009
If you want to commit suicide,go ahead.its very obvious you have lost your focus and you're confused.if i feel travelling abroad will solve your problem then your problems are just begining.
Re: I Need To Travel This Year by blackspade(m): 7:30pm On Feb 05, 2009
It's pretty sad some of the people in this thread are taking this as comedy, suicide in NOT a laughing matter, especially on the internet.

Bigmodo, if this is indeed an act of comedy, you have gone TOO far. Joking about taking your own life is not funny, it's a serious matter.

If I were the owner of this site, I wouldn't take this as a joke at all.

Anyways, back to you wanting to travel abroad. . . This is probably the worst time to travel abroad. If you're jobless in Naija, I'm not so sure how you'll make it abroad.

I myself feel lucky I'm still employed, good thing there is always a high demand for cinema. grin
Re: I Need To Travel This Year by Ibime(m): 8:37pm On Feb 05, 2009
My guy, if you won mud yaself, you might as well go out with a bang. Why not take others with you?

I suggest the following:

IBB, OBJ, Mohammed Abacha, Maurice Iwu, Henry Nwosu, Odili, Nzeribe etc.

If you can help us with this small matter, you shall achieve martyrdom. Don't worry, we will plead for God's clemency when you reach purgatory. Cheers!
Re: I Need To Travel This Year by Pepeye(f): 10:01pm On Feb 05, 2009
The general consensus that life is greener outside Nigeria . . dat na big lie

A loafer in 9ja will still remain a loafer outside nigeria . . bitter irony!

I know its not easy to digest this info. . but it’s the truth. .seeing is believing. .

there is no easy route anywhere

All u need do is pull ur acts together and hunt for a good paying job in Nigeria
Re: I Need To Travel This Year by Nobody: 11:31pm On Feb 05, 2009
This is the kind of thinking/frustration that makes people go mad in naija.
If bigmodo or wateva ur name is runs mad and "enters market" dem go say na person for im village cause am.

On a different note, if you really want to leave naija, why not try the school route. If you're smart, you can get scholarships and you'll be given a visa.
Re: I Need To Travel This Year by Nobody: 11:04am On Feb 06, 2009
**no comment**
Re: I Need To Travel This Year by realcele: 1:14pm On Feb 06, 2009
Please dont kill yourself oh, i beg there Where do you want to go and why? grin

I am sure you are kidding but if you are not i will advice you to check the death diary to see when you time is if not you might become disabled if you try anything funny. Remember if you die the world still continues, life is fun.
Re: I Need To Travel This Year by nike4luv(f): 2:06pm On Feb 06, 2009
go to hell! cheesy
Re: I Need To Travel This Year by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 06, 2009
All of you people are harsh. Instead of you people to help me get the visa you are crucifying me. After i commit the suicide, i would come out in spirit to steal that money you people don't want to use and help. Watch and see.
Re: I Need To Travel This Year by Pepeye(f): 7:50pm On Feb 06, 2009
Stop throwing tantrums mister, grow up and look for a job
Re: I Need To Travel This Year by kelvin2009: 10:01pm On Feb 06, 2009
dnt mind dem my guy,pls let me know where dem go buried u pls cos i need some human parts for juju. thank you .
Re: I Need To Travel This Year by spikytang(m): 11:22pm On Feb 06, 2009
No worry , Human trafikers plenty
Re: I Need To Travel This Year by babaibara2: 11:32pm On Feb 06, 2009
why not try belize
Re: I Need To Travel This Year by Princek12(m): 4:01am On Feb 07, 2009
Bro,

If you want to travel out of Nigeria I can suggest a lot of countries for you: Togo, Chad, Ghana, Sierra-Leone, etc. You can even drive to Cameroon without incurring any substantial expense. You can, however, jump off third mainland bridge and call it a day; that would be one less person in Naija, and, if you live in Lagos, it would be one less soul in that over-crowded city.

I hope I have given you some suggestions.
Re: I Need To Travel This Year by ifyhope: 1:31pm On Feb 07, 2009
Send your passport with some cash. I can help you travel out, Is Ghana or Cotonou not outside Nigeria?

On the other hand, give me your full details (residential address0, so that i can send some poison/bomb/rope or even gun to fasten the whole thing. We dont need to wait till 31st December, do we?
Re: I Need To Travel This Year by StellaN3(f): 4:27pm On Feb 07, 2009
bros abeg kill urself see if ur blood
go dey for my head, to travel na by force?
Re: I Need To Travel This Year by ayobase(m): 7:58pm On Feb 07, 2009
We need to help this guy out,
who knows if he has a calling there?
guy,send ur Account details so
as to contribute to ur travelling,

wait ooo!!!!!
ok,money is not the issue
but the visa refusal stuff!!!

People,how we go do am now?
SEGE!!!!!
Re: I Need To Travel This Year by otikpoko(m): 8:02pm On Feb 07, 2009
I do not want you to die but at least,if you commit suicide,the better for the other Nigerians since the population of Nigeria will reduce.At least i can manage your clothes,shoes,shorts,trousers etc after you are gone.Please where are you staying so that i can come and claim my belongings on that day. tongue
Re: I Need To Travel This Year by manmustwac(m): 8:08pm On Feb 07, 2009
bigmodo:

All of you people are harsh. Instead of you people to help me get the visa you are crucifying me. After i commit the suicide, i would come out in spirit to steal that money you people don't want to use and help. Watch and see.
Bigmodo how do we even know that your going to commit siucide when nobody even knows what you look like? When the time comes you may even fake your death for all we know.
Re: I Need To Travel This Year by Princek12(m): 8:31pm On Feb 07, 2009
I can help you get the visa. It will cost you $100,000 cash. You can send $10,000 deposit to initiate the process and $10,000 increments per month thereafter, until it is completely paid off. We guarantee the visa.

You will kill yourself at the end of the year if, after expending $100K, you still have no visa. Maybe it will further motivate you to kill yourself. Abeg, sit down some where jo. When your mates dey make money and develop Naija, you wan kill your self because you no get visa. Make God punish that mouth wey you take talk am because you be disgrace and embarrassment to Naija people.

Na d devil inside you make you kill. And who talk say we go miss you when you yamutu. Make you go find better yansh prosecute and how to make money. Suganmu.
Re: I Need To Travel This Year by Angela9(m): 6:57pm On Feb 08, 2009
Guy, you no thnk say 2 wait til 31 dec 09 to far? Mak you die 2day so dat space rech us way like naija
Re: I Need To Travel This Year by otikpoko(m): 8:15pm On Feb 08, 2009
@Angela 9,your first post in nairaland is not positive,why?(no offence intended)
Re: I Need To Travel This Year by stevduduwa: 2:00am On Feb 09, 2009
Pls dont listen to those guys that are saying notting is in overseas,dont just listen to them,they are all bunch of lazzy guys who cant work abroad,ok fine,abroad is bad,they can come back home for others that want to go to be there.we will make money over there and come back home to invest to help our economic.broda naija nor send u,abeg do your thing and get out of this country,our inbe president nor get our time,how can inbe be a president of a country?u know wht i mean.let just go and come back to help our lovely mother land that the previous generation spoil for us. but if e nor happen this year,nor go take your life,we still get 2010 but if u are in a hurry to take your life,i do understand and i fit help wth an idea,i bet u like it,is faster.just go jump for front of moving train in yaba/iddo,or even agege,u see,very fast.
Re: I Need To Travel This Year by Aderoy(m): 2:52am On Feb 09, 2009
@ Poster before I make any comment please take precious time to digest the following comments from fellow Nairanders below:

Comment by Albato

Dont worry. By the time you spend 6 months abroad, you will want to come back to Nigeria as fast as you can. One thing people fail to realise is that if you cant make it in Nigeria, its even more difficult to make it abroad. Take it from me, been there, done that

Before you travel out, take stock of what you have. If you think you will get a rosy job with a student visa, then you gotta be dreaming. Even with work permit, its not very easy. Abroad may not be like what you see in those 50 cent rap videos or in those Will Smith movies.

Far from it, they do those things in the studios. They rent the bling chains and return them kia kia after the show. Abroad is as hard as naija especially if you are alone and have a "desperate visa" that limits you from working. So take stock of what skills you have and how you will survive because travelling abroad may turn out to be the real suicide you are talking about.

Comment by Newbride

bigmodo i would firstly like to thank God for your life today. That you are alife is a blessing,  Most people have posted back harsh replies to this thread which i do not agree with.

Most of us have had the chance to travel back and forth and don't know what some people go through in other parts of the world including the  uk. when life is stagnant and nobody to help or turn to, it can be frustrating and one can almost commit suicide ,.

All he needs is encouragment, Bigmodo b4 i came to the uk alot of people ran away with my money with promises of getting me abroad. Today i am now a citizen, am not saying this so you think am bragging am only trying to encourage you,  When the time came for me to travel i didnt give anybody money infact UK needed me. i want to encourage you today too never cease your prayers. God is not asleep , he has heard your cry and seen your tears and sooon he will answer you. I wish there was something i could do but my prayers are with you.

Secondly, i would like you to change the poverty city on your profile to land of plenty or land of blessings or something positve, cos your tongue is powerful, Most people are in poverty today cos of their tongue. Begin to prophecy blessings into your life. change your negative thoughts to positive. And i assure you before the end of this year your change will come,  

Stay blessed

Pennywise' one shilling

Bigmodo, dont forget what they say about the wall gecko. It simply doesn't become a crocodile because it got to London.

Lastly,

Pepeye's two kobo

The general consensus that life is greener outside Nigeria . . dat na big lie

A loafer in 9ja will still remain a loafer outside nigeria . . bitter irony!

I know its not easy to digest this information. . but it’s the truth. .seeing is believing. .

there is no easy route anywhere

All u need do is pull ur acts together and hunt for a good paying job in Nigeria

Now my one kobo:

I so much agree with Newbride on THE POWER OF THE TONGUE.  Bros, you need to learn to make things happen for yourself with one of the numerous power that lies in you - THE TONGUE. Listen bros, I feel your pain but you should learn to be positive and put your energy into making things happen for you, not just about your but every other thing in life.  I will share just a bit off my experience with you,   I am not a spriritual person of sort, but I could remember vividly that I always confess me studying abroad (while I was still in Secondary school) like a ruminating animal.

This came to fruition in 2005 when i gained admission for a Masters in the UK against all odds without a single naira from my parent (who are helpless anyway).  Between my dreams, daily positive confession and the actual fruition, I had taken the following steps:

1.  Taken private teaching jobs while doing my first degree in Nigeria.
2.  Taken private teaching jobs each time on holiday
3.  Invested in shares in 2001/2000 with the whole 40,000 Naira I got from the Fed Govt. Scholarship as one of the top student (no long tory) without my family/friends knowledge (except my bossom friend who was in the know)
4.  Taken private teaching jobs each time I'm on holiday in Lagos or Ilorin
5.  Taken extra computer course while doing NYSC in Gombe State (to boost my market value)
6.  Went on series of overnight browsing in cyber cafes applying for scholarship, admission, composing "STATEMENT OF PURPOSE/INTENT" essays to various universities while others in the cafes were busy doing their "thingy", chatting, searching for maga e.t.c
7.  Secured admisison in the US, UK (mostly without fee deposit), Belgium just to name a few
8.  Chose the Univ that guarantee fee reduction in form of Partial scholarship to Int'l students (purposely to obtain a student visa)
9.  Returned to Lagos in search of job after NYSC
10. Got a 3-month temporary job providing cover for a sick staff as a typist with a company in Victoria Island (imagine me, the best Physics graduate from my University amongst my set as a typist, but my target was consciously creating an opportunity for myself in the face of harsh reality called Nigeria).  If not for anything al least I had the opportunity to read Tuesday/Thursday Guardian newspaper for job adverts, LOL.
11. Continuously trawl the length and breadth of Lagos doing Graduate aptitude tests almost every weekend.  Have you heard about "gate crashing" test centres.  I have done that countless times, i.e. going for aptitude tests I wasn't invited for in the first place.  On most occassion, I walk trough V/I aimlessly in the hope that I'll get to meet one of those guys in smart dress with a tire to match, have a chat, got information on location, location, location (where and when most banks will be holding their test).  Now I know V/I like the back of my palm, LOL.

12.  Oh did I mention I even fell for an employment scam along the way while agressivley searching for a job in Lagos,  paid money into some account like other thousands of job-seeking, desperate graduates (as a result of advert in a national newspaper), got to Tafawa Balewa square in Lagos to meet other thousands of graduates in the hope of attending some job seminar/recruitment exercise for a supposedly Blue-chip company which turned out to be a hoax.  Sad tales all the way, the lowest point in my frustrated life - It was really a massive blow below the belt. I thought about suicide but it wasn't an option on my list of action.  I saw it as a setback, a bitter pill to swallow and a painful learning curve in my life.

13  Got monthly "share statement" from my Stockbroker (purposely to include in my student visa application)
14  Ask friends to deposit cash in my account in order to run it for 3 months (then only a 3 month statement were required for visa application)
15  Sold over 90% of my shares (the remaining 10% left was on the advice of my Stockbroker)
16  Got the visa wihout paying anybody a dime.

Now the most interesting part:

17.  My best friend, sold some of his shares to raise money despite him still a student at one of the Nigerian universities.
18.  Got 40,000 Naira as support to my air ticket from a family, whose children I took through on JSS and SSS private tuition, I guess the son/daughter must have told the mum upon seeing my admission/partial scholarship letter from one of the universities I had applied to.

Will sumarrise my sojourn to the UK:
Admission deferred on entering the Queens land, worked menial jobs (of course not just 1), saved for 1st tuition fees installment, re-applied for another admission, commenced study while holding part-time jobs, paid fees (over 10,000 UK pounds) in full few months after completion of studies. Now the rest is history.

Bros you need to ask yourself: What are my reasons for hell-bent on intending to travel abroad; survival, "as in man must survive at all cost"?  If that's your reason for wanting to travel at all cost then take a cue from Pennywise, Pepeye and the others who have given their advice.

Re-evaluate & make conscious effort to improve your situation and make yourself "employable" or "marketable", Find a way to improve yourself and when an opportunity come knocking, you are not found wanting in terms of your skills, knowledge, marketability or otherwise.  If you take a cue from my situation, despite I was in "poverty" in all seriousness of the word (without any shame to admit it) I made conscious, dedicated planning to build a portfolio of skills (for further education) and made myself employable (should a job come knocking).

Bros, if it is frustration, I have been there and I know so many others have been there before you and most have scalled through.  Sometimes I wonder what our parents were thinking when they were given births like chickens **anger and bile in the stomach** without thinking about securing the future of their children.  

In my view (it may seem bizzare), parents have got no rights whatsoever to have lucked the future of their children in perpetual poverty by giving birth to so many children without proper planning, this issue was always the bone of contention between my mum and I.  While growing up I always would sit her down and ask pertinent questions on "WTF was she thinking having 5 kids (overemphasised though with the WTF)" wihtout planning on how to equip her children with quality education.  The same goes for most families in Nigeria with the self-destructing belief that having many children is a sign of happiness or a measure of your wealth (sic).  

Despite the odds, and whatever situation you find yourself you still have the biggest part to play in making things work for you.  You need to stand on your feet, equip yourself, work hard, maintain a positive attitude, confess positive things about yourself and roar like a wounded lion going out there to assiduoudly search & grab the opportunities.

Lastly, bros I have come to realise that whatever you become in life is a reality of one's state of mind. Often than not, whatever you confess manifests.

I promised to donate just one kobo, I have suceeded in throwing in over 18 kobo, I try naa. Seriouslly, bros I know exactly how you feel right now (if this is not a trumped up play-acting).
Re: I Need To Travel This Year by otikpoko(m): 4:16am On Feb 09, 2009
Infact,i am tired of this thread angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Wana Go Out. Where Can I Hang Out In Abuja / Italy Visa Refusal / The Powerful And Amazing Advantages Of Republic Of Benin Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.