Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,131 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics (77814 Views)

First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS / Rehabilitation Work Commences At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport In Abuja. See Photos / Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by themodernman: 4:32am On May 03, 2015
onojaduru:
There's serious fight happening at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport in Abuja this night after Aero Contractors canceled a flight from Abuja to Lagos after a 3-hour delay. The flight was slated for 6pm this evening, but Aero contractors canceled it at 9:05pm. Immediately passengers heard the news, they mobbed airline staff, destroyed their printers and other properties. Aero staff, including luggage attendants ran for their dear lives.

Passengers say they are now stranded at the airport...that the airline didn't put them in a hotel or even give them a refund.

http://lindaikeji..co.uk/2015/05/pics-pandemonium-at-nnamdi-azikiwe.html

Those airline staffs had it coming to them with their nasty attitudes especially in attending to customers.

Although its probably in d customers interest cos Arik too has suspended their flights. So they should take it in good faith.

Aero still owing me #16, 500 worth of flight from PHC-LAG. My God will collect it back from you 10, 000 folds awon Oloriburuku!

1 Like

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by gbodimowo(m): 4:45am On May 03, 2015
Beamborla:
Hehehehehehe...
So 'agbero syndrome' no get class E dey everybody body No be only for garage/parks even airport dey experience gbege All you need do is press the right button grin

Eeyah! I feel for them. I'm on leave would have used my broom to transport as many as I can lipsrsealed
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by handsometokunbo: 4:52am On May 03, 2015
theV0ice:
Aero are actually useless.

In February, I had to cough out an extra 13k to reschedule a 6.50am flight to 10:35am because I got to the airport at 6:25am instead of 6:10am. The flight eventually left at 7:10am. There was nothing I didn't tell them.....the guys refused to budge despite me reminding them of delaying me on an evening flight by over 2 hours in December 2014 without compensation or apology.

Violence is not the way to go though. I pity those injured and wish the matter can be channeled properly so they can be sanctioned appropriately.

Enough of taking passengers for granted.

There should be a law in place to protect airline passengers. The airliners are just exploiting their passengers in different ways.

I got to Heathrow airport; terminal 4 precisely by 8:55pm on Saturday evening for a flight that was scheduled for 9:30pm but Airik staff refused to let me board the plane. I begged begged and begged, these heartless guys refused all through. My #160,000 gone down the drain just like that

They said I ought to have been at checking in point 1hr before my flight schedule.

I paid about #100,000 to join d next day scheduled flight.
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by babilicious: 4:54am On May 03, 2015
Arik is Next....these nigerian airlines do take their passengers for granted, Arik will delay their flight for 5-6hrs and only offer u a cup of bitter orange juice and sometimes they just cancel the flight after several hours of delay, it serves them right cos pple are now tired of complaining...in as much as I'm not in support of violence but they sure deserve what they got...

2 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by dallyemmy: 5:00am On May 03, 2015
It is now honourable to trek from Lagos to Abuja

4 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Richy4(m): 5:20am On May 03, 2015
This is just like fighting when you are putting on a suit.

Plane are not meant for this set of Nigerians that chose to fight at the airport. Once they got their ticket as an evidence that the boarded that plane, why would they think they will not be refunded. Fighting mentality has eaten deep into some people that they don't use their brains any more.

3 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by uglyBetty1(f): 5:28am On May 03, 2015
I don't blame them. These airlines take people forr granted.

4 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by mystiqueDZ(f): 5:39am On May 03, 2015
IdiAmin1:
NAIJA and madness. Isn't there a better way to convey their message? Must we spill blood easily, are we vampires? Smh undecided
Dude forget it!!!! Nigerian service providers do not need love making!!! What they need is serious tietothebedpostflogging!!!

5 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by mystiqueDZ(f): 5:40am On May 03, 2015
uglyBetty1:
I don't blame them. These airlines take people forr granted. The day airk delayed my 10.45am flight from Abuja to Enugu for over 5hrs without telling us anything. I was running to the counter every 30mins and none of them could tell us anything. Chai, after they brought one small plane. Thank God we got safely to our destination. This airline frustrate people.

I just hope that these things should be looked into.
Thank God for you! Imagine waiting over 4hrs and no alternative? Who wouldn't be pushed to violence ! It's reallllllly annoying...

2 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Nobody: 5:40am On May 03, 2015
Aero is very chronic with delays and cancellation. I am a frequent flyer and I do not remember any flight I had with with Aero in the last 1 year that has not been delayed.

1 Like

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by mystiqueDZ(f): 5:42am On May 03, 2015
Richy4:
This is just like fighting when you are putting on a suit.

Plane are not meant for this set of Nigerians that chose to fight at the airport. Once they got their ticket as an evidence that the boarded that plane, why would they think they will not be refunded. Fighting mentality has eaten deep into some people that they don't use their brains any more.
I really hope you get delayed and see how your patience stretches.....

2 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by mystiqueDZ(f): 5:45am On May 03, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

Those better ways have been tried in times past and it doesn't yield any result. All talks and the airline in question will still repeat the same nonsense without an apology.

Its hightime they are made to know that they are dealing with humans and not animals! Hopefully they will learn their lesson.
100 likes!!!

2 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by mystiqueDZ(f): 5:47am On May 03, 2015
wandeks:
Why the fight? Jehovah intensionally wiped out a crash 2nyt. Give thanks in every situation be it 7hrs.
oh pls forget that there's a blessing.........
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by mystiqueDZ(f): 5:51am On May 03, 2015
Empiree:
And you people want change yet you behave like animal?. Are airline staff responsible for fuel scarcity?. They are just workers for God's sake.

Imagine this incident occurred in Arab country, you would call them barbaric, slaves and all sorts of names. You people are not ready for change. Govt need tough law and lock your behind in jail until you learn. Actually, in Western world, flights are cancelled as well for this same reason even though it's rare. But I dont think they go crazy like this. If you beat up a staff, you are simply guilty.

I understand the frustration, conditions and all that but it doesn't give passengers a platform to beat up airline staff. Those involved should be locked up. They should simply protest peacefully against the airline and let the govt settlement their differences.

All the 'patience dogoods' talking....
Ever being replied by those staff? Or talked to rudely? They are as bad as who employed them!!!!! No iota of courtsey....
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Richy4(m): 6:04am On May 03, 2015
mystiqueDZ:
I really hope you get delayed and see how your patience stretches.....

My flight has been canceled due to bad weather. It is not a new thing for an air line to cancel an airplane. Yes I was frustrated but not enough to start destroying properties. Some people are simply crude.

3 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by VickyRotex(f): 6:12am On May 03, 2015
eleko1:
I wonda ooo.Suppose the plane develop/get technical /mechanical fault Mid-air nkoh(May we not see evil)/are they gonna waka/treK home from the Airport due to fuel shortage?Niagra and impatient sha sad

No mind them jere. Our second name for Naija, na gragra embarassed undecided

3 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by mystiqueDZ(f): 6:18am On May 03, 2015
Richy4:

My flight has been canceled due to bad weather. It is not a new thing for an air line to cancel an airplane. Yes I was frustrated but not enough to start destroying properties. Some people are simply crude.
Due to bad weather....thank you!
Yes we know there is fuel scarcity.....But a kind word mellows a heart....ain't no way you would pacify to people using a cogent reason and they will go wild....

2 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Decryptor(m): 6:20am On May 03, 2015
Keneking:
Jonathan ....hope you can see the implications of incompetence of your government.

Since when did Jonathan become a staff of Aero? Witches have used your brain and that of the idióts who liked your comment to prepare Agidi jollof! Môron!!

1 Like

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Richy4(m): 6:23am On May 03, 2015
mystiqueDZ:
Due to bad weather....thank you!
Yes we know there is fuel scarcity.....But a kind word mellows a heart....ain't no way you would pacify to people using a cogent reason and they will go wild....

You and I knows that when someone is in a rush and he/ she got delayed. There's no kind word that is good enough to mellow a heart especially if you came from my part of the world called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by kaen1317: 6:26am On May 03, 2015
Baba One Chance should do abracadabra here too
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by chincent: 6:28am On May 03, 2015
I'm looking forward for a day ABC transport will start operating Airline business, things like this will not be happening because they are well organize to compare with most of these transport companies in Naija today.

1 Like

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by mystiqueDZ(f): 6:31am On May 03, 2015
Richy4:

You and I knows that when someone is in a rush and he/ she got delayed. There's no kind word that is good enough to mellow a heart especially if you came from my part of the world called Nigeria.
I beg to differ....they don't have a good pr is all!!the frustration can make a dumb talk out in anger!!!!

1 Like

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by juman(m): 6:31am On May 03, 2015
It is doubtful if the useless nigerian 'leaders' can build a sensible country.

A failed 54 years old country.
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by richidinho(m): 6:35am On May 03, 2015
theV0ice:
Aero are actually useless.

In February, I had to cough out an extra 13k to reschedule a 6.50am flight to 10:35am because I got to the airport at 6:25am instead of 6:10am. The flight eventually left at 7:10am. There was nothing I didn't tell them.....the guys refused to budge despite me reminding them of delaying me on an evening flight by over 2 hours in December 2014 without compensation or apology.

Violence is not the way to go though. I pity those injured and wish the matter can be channeled properly so they can be sanctioned appropriately.

Enough of taking passengers for granted.

Exactly wat they did to me on 33rd of February
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Rotimi47: 6:36am On May 03, 2015
tbaba1234:
No fuel anywhere.
Jona things.

1 Like

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by johnsonjosbles(m): 6:46am On May 03, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
No!

This is the best approach.
Nigerians don't pay attention to word of mouth.
Break a couple of heads, you will get some result immediately.

I don't think the passengers became unruly all of a sudden. They must have been asking questions that were met with nonchalant responses before things degenerated to this level.

Maybe next time they should ignite the airplane.
\
as You face the reality, some foooools will still cunter qout you, romancing isues still making us to continue to surfer! Persangers complaain ill treatments many times in that same airport.

1 Like

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Nobody: 6:48am On May 03, 2015
Beamborla:

Got you! smiley

Fear fear tongue
For where? I wait for u tire. With holy water for hand. Lol. grin
Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Nobody: 6:49am On May 03, 2015
Na by force to do business? At for the first time nigerians fight for dia rights. Good for them.

1 Like

Re: Serious Fighting Going On Now At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(Pics by Empiree: 6:52am On May 03, 2015
mystiqueDZ:
All the 'patience dogoods' talking....
Ever being replied by those staff? Or talked to rudely? They are as bad as who employed them!!!!! No iota of courtsey....
That's bad but I dont think it's appropriate to beat them up. You all have a long way to go.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers / See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO / What's The Best Skill To Learn Under 6 Months For Me To Migrate To Europe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.